Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

"Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User (27458 Views)

‘free El-zakzaky’, Indians Protest At Nigerian Embassy (photos) / Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar / Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Fourwinds: 9:40am On Apr 14, 2017
ha.!! Nigeria Senators and Honourables.? very stupid set of people...d only thing dey know is to camp small small girls for hotels dey bang dem both day and night...u will remember vividly how dey disgraced demselves in USA last years...

d idiots concern is how d custom boss should wear uniform...bunch of nonentity
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Vince77(m): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2017
gaetano:
NASS will not see this one now no, but if na wear uniform matter dem go carry am for head.

What did I do to deserve been born in this country sef, if only I swam slower as a sperm.

grin grin No be u wey go dey form fast and furious.
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by legendary16(m): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2017
grin Lots of people wish this Stuff but upon all we go concur!

gaetano:
What did I do to deserve been born in this country sef, if only I swam slower as a sperm.
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by jaxxy(m): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2017
Shudnt be
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by BiafraIShere(m): 9:51am On Apr 14, 2017
bkool7:

Do you know whether those Indian and kenyan have Nigerian citizenship ?
So where there're alternatives, Incompetent Nigerian should be employed just because they're Nigerian?
This is the Same things we accuse SA of .
You're beginning to sound xenophobic
You are throwing up words without really understanding what you are saying. What is the likelihood that Kenyans & Indians in Qatar will have Nigerian citizenship? Are you saying in essence that they were sent to Qatar from Nigeria & we are talking about several of them here? Where is the evidence that they are more competent than Nigerians? I doubt you really understand the meaning of xenophobic.

2 Likes

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 14, 2017
davidif:

Do you have an idea how difficult it is to get a visa to Qatar? Or you think you can just fly there and start working? Qatar and Saudi Arabia are some of the most difficult countries to get a visa to get into.

Also this is standard practice. If you go to American embassy you would see a lot of Nigerians working there so what's the big deal?

About the difficulties in obtaining visa to work in Qatar, let me stop you there. Listen embassy business is a very serious one. If Nigerian mission request for visa on your behalf on the ground that you are working for them you will be granted visa faster than you think, unless you are a known terrorist or a wanted criminal.

Take this from me Foreign Mission between nations is strictly based on reciprocal. In fact Nigeria mission abroad are like the presidency with wide range of immunity and privileges

4 Likes

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 14, 2017
bkool7:

All Indians are killing our people ?

I guess we should go kill Indians ....whatcha say?
Nah. That's just gonna result into more bloodshed. We need to give Nigeria a new identity to make others respect us. We need clampdown on drugs and internet scams. Small-time drug busts are being made but there really isn't any intensified effort towards arresting their top commanders.

4 Likes

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by lebete3000: 10:05am On Apr 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Why must it be NASS? , when will Buhari who is incharge of all the embassies see it.....the way you zombies like to shield Buhari from his primary faults is mind boggling I tell U ...Is it NASs that approves foriegn missions and appoints ambassadors?

My guy just free those yeyenotus them.

1 Like

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 14, 2017
Baroba:
Come to Nigerian embassy London and you will see Nigerian incompetence / corruption at its peak, have we forgotten the nonsense we all witnessed been played out to the world audience by Nigerian embassy In Canada..

If the Indians and Kenyans are providing better service than folks usually appointed based on nepotism from Nigeria by all means let them man our embassies..

please what happened at the nigerian embassy in Canada, I didn't get the memo.
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by YelloweWest: 10:07am On Apr 14, 2017
ElsonMorali:

If this is true, then I'm wondering why we have an embassy there in the first place angry
Someone just informed me of the conditions:

Nigerians are not allowed to visit Qatar on either tourist or visit visa (except for a relative/spouse sponsored by a Nigerian working in Qatar). The only way to reside in Qatar is only through company sponsorship (You must be offered employment by a Qatar based company). Nigerians CAN work if the Nigerian government employs them at the embassy. No excuses.
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by optimusprime2(m): 10:08am On Apr 14, 2017
davidif:

First of all, do you know me from somewhere?
Secondly, if you do you need to calm down and stop being to emotional about this.

Thirdly, take off your nationalistic hat and look at it from a logical standpoint. There is not too many Nigerians in Qatar ib the first place which makes sense since qatar isca difficult country to get into so it probably makes sense to hire the next best thing they can find.

Lastly, y'all need to stop being so hyped up about this. Aint none of yall ever being to Qatar or the embassy there to find out the facts on the ground but here you guys are jumping to conclusions. Goodness gracious! Like someone once said nationalism will be the death of us all. I am beginning to believe it.
Mr Man,
First of all is the Nigerian high commission a coffee & Donut store?
The very platform of the consulates existence in Qatar, is to be backed up by Qatar's ministry of foreign affairs not Labour- so the conditions you are stating about a difficulty bringing qualified Nigerians over, is a non factor, because they are supposed have diplomatic clearance (I know what I am talking about).
There is a Quota for Consular officials that is given to every embassy by the Foreign Affairs for every country, however it could be petitioned if the Quota falls short to effective service- How can you tell me Qatar would bounce off a Diplomatic clearance for Nigerian Consular officials?
However if the fault is from the Nigerian embassy (minimising costs for cheap labour) then it has to be addressed immediately as this is sending a very negative impression about Nigerias government as a whole, but if that isn't the case then, why must Qatari Visa's be an issue for qualified consular?
Bro this is not about Nationalism it's about Rationalism.
Anything regarding foreign affairs is backed by reciprocal policies and I ain't dumb about that... nope siree.
This should be reported immediately.

3 Likes

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by YelloweWest: 10:10am On Apr 14, 2017
awolam:

To clarify further:

Nigerians are not allowed to visit Qatar on either tourist or visit visa (except for a relative/spouse sponsored by a Nigerian working in Qatar). The only way to reside in Qatar is only through company sponsorship (You must be offered employment by a Qatar based company). Nigerians CAN work if the Nigerian government employs them at the embassy. No excuses.

BTW: Indians also work at the Nigerian embassy in UAE.
Why do we even do business with the Qatari govt? They are allowed freely into Nigeria but place such stringent conditions for our people to enter their country...

1 Like

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by NaMe4: 10:14am On Apr 14, 2017
woodcook:

About the difficulties in obtaining visa to work in Qatar, let me stop you there. Listen embassy business is a very serious one. If Nigerian mission request for visa on your behalf on the ground that you are working for them you will be granted visa faster than you think, unless yoi are a known terrorist or a wanted criminal.

Take this from me Foreign Mission between nations is strictly based on reciprocal. In fact Nigeria mission abroad are like the presidency with wide range of immunity and privileges

In fact, I don taya as I dey read comments.

Wetin concern diplomat with obtaining working visa?

As long as every employee works to keep the consulate/embassy running, (from the head of the consulate to administrative assistants), they are all diplomats.
So excuse of working visa holds no water!

I really wonder why Nigerians can't be screened and recruited from Nigeria to work in these embassies, with the high level of unemployment we have here.

3 Likes

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 14, 2017
YelloweWest:

Why do we even do business with the Qatari govt? They are allowed freely into Nigeria but place such stringent conditions for our people to enter their country...

It's not specific to our people, it's generally for expatriates.

Our people have also made it harder by committing crimes in their country.
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by joepepsy(m): 10:20am On Apr 14, 2017
That's a great observation.[qquote author=Abbeyme post=55554521]And Nigerians are unemployed in that city?

IN Orubebe's voice, we will not take this! [/quote]
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by YelloweWest: 10:23am On Apr 14, 2017
snapscore:

It's not specific to our people, it's generally for expatriates.

Our people have also made it harder by committing crimes in their country.

No, I don't think Qatar has that policy for all counties. Cos the lady that brought this policy to light was a Nigerian woman who lives in the US. Herself and her class mates planned a reunion in Qatar. All of them were granted visa except for her. She was the only Nigerian. They even refused to refund her plane ticket money that was when she lost it.

Nigerians are generally criminal minded. That I won't argue.
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 14, 2017
It's simply logic.
People should stop crying foul.

If Nigerians are employed in the embassy, corruption in that embassy go times 100percent.
We all know ourselves.. So no need blaming whosoever there.

95percent of Nigerians are corrupt.. They will start cutting shows with whats obtainable in the embassy. Take it or leave it..
If you are running a multinational company sef, employ less Nigerians orelse the company will fold up due to corrupt practices.
No sentiment in this one.

1 Like

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by lonelydora: 10:24am On Apr 14, 2017
gaetano:
NASS will not see this one now no, but if na wear uniform matter dem go carry am for head.

Can't stop laughing
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Sirheny007(m): 10:25am On Apr 14, 2017
bkool7:
Lets look at this without any sentiment . I know a nigerian that works at the American Embassy and he was posted to another country .
So it could be these ppl were also posted to Qatar .

Do American s complain when they see other nationale working in their Embassies ?
I am sure we will all love to work in an American Embassy ,don't we ?

Look at it critically man..
Doesn't it look professional at least to find 80% of Nigerians working in the Nigerian embassy in Qatar?
Do you honestly think America would employ more than 5% of non Americans to work in their embassy..?? undecided

This is the problem with Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 14, 2017
NaMe4:

In fact, I don taya as I dey read comments.

Wetin concern diplomat with obtaining working visa?

As long as every employee works to keep the consulate/embassy running, (from the head of the consulate to administrative assistants), they are all diplomats.
So excuse of working visa holds no water!

I really wonder why Nigerians can't be screened and recruited from Nigeria to work in these embassies, with the high level of unemployment we have here.

The thing taya me pass you.

I could understand if the embassy hires one two people from other nationals but 99% of the staff then something is definitely wrong somewhere.

The only possible explanation that could make sense, is giving how 'bleeped' up Nigerian embassies are abroad, they could be sharing building/office space with those people. (Which I highly doubt)
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Sirheny007(m): 10:26am On Apr 14, 2017
alexialin:
It's simply logic.
People should stop crying foul.

If Nigerians are employed in the embassy, corruption in that embassy go times 100percent.
We all know ourselves.. So no need blaming whosoever there.

95percent of Nigerians are corrupt.. They will start cutting shows with whats obtainable in the embassy. Take it or leave it..
If you are running a multinational company sef, employ less Nigerians orelse the company will fold up due to corrupt practices.
No sentiment in this one.

Do you honestly know the full implications of that statement??
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by ElsonMorali: 10:30am On Apr 14, 2017
YelloweWest:

Someone just informed me of the conditions:

I think i understand the restrictions placed on foreigners especially Nigerians from flooding that small oil rich country.

I just Hope the Nigerian embassy's security isn't compromised when you have non Nigerians as key officers in the embassy.
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 14, 2017
Sirheny007:

Do you honestly know the full implications of that statement??

Unless someone says the hidden truth and people start to change for the better before unemployment situation will change in this country and other countries Nigerians reside in. We are corrupt simply put. That's why the country is completely messed up. We celebrate looting and the rest vices, while an honest hardworking man is ignored and even mocked because he's honest and hardworking.
So yes! Am fully aware of what am saying.
Until majority of Nigerians change and start building up their conscience, before things will go right in this country and other countries they reside in. Simply put.

1 Like

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 14, 2017
YelloweWest:

No, I don't think Qatar has that policy for all counties. Cos the lady that brought this policy to light was a Nigerian woman who lives in the US. Herself and her class mates planned a reunion in Qatar. All of them were granted visa except for her. She was the only Nigerian. They even refused to refund her plane ticket money that was when she lost it.

Qatar has the same policy for coming into the country- you are either on a visiting visa or a business visa or an employment visa. Maybe she wasn't granted a visa for a different reason, like I mentioned Nigerians have made in harder for other Nigerians to get in. Sometimes they stop granting visas after certain incidents (that's what I heard) but they continue after that.
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by ElsonMorali: 10:39am On Apr 14, 2017
YelloweWest:

Permit me to disagree with you. Nigerians are not generally criminal minded. There are over 150million Nigerians, How Many do you know personally and How Many are criminals?

I know that lots of Nigerians love breaking the law and they've given us a bad name all over the world Which is so unfortunate embarassed because there are lots of Nigerian achievers all over the world. Racism hasn't helped our cause either. angry
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by ayindejimmy(m): 10:42am On Apr 14, 2017
Hypocrites everywhere!

The same people that condemned SA for being xenophobic are now complaining that foreigners are working for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by justmenoni: 10:56am On Apr 14, 2017
Don't mind the guy, he even said 99% of workers in other embassies are the nationals of those embassies

quote author=bkool7 post=55554118]Lets look at this without any sentiment . I know a nigerian that works at the American Embassy and he was posted to another country .
So it could be these ppl were also posted to Qatar .

Do American s complain when they see other nationale working in their Embassies ?
I am sure we will all love to work in an American Embassy ,don't we ?[/quote]
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by YelloweWest: 11:01am On Apr 14, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Permit me to disagree with you. Nigerians are not generally criminal minded. There are over 150million Nigerians, How Many do you know personally and How Many are criminals?

I know that lots of Nigerians love breaking the law and they've given us a bad name all over the world Which is so unfortunate embarassed because there are lots of Nigerian achievers all over the world. Racism hasn't helped our cause either. angry
My dad is a retired foriegn officer. As a kid I lived in several countries in Africa and Europe. I've seen first had how Nigerians are treated differently from other black African nationals because of the high crime perpetuated by our poeple....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by ElsonMorali: 11:16am On Apr 14, 2017
YelloweWest:

My dad is a retired foriegn officer. As a kid I lived in several countries in Africa and Europe. I've seen first had how Nigerians are treated differently from other black African nationals because of the high crime perpetuated by our poeple....

Bro, I do not disagree with you that there are lots of Nigerians perpetrating crimes all over the world. But I can assure you that there are Americans also involved in such crimes and yet by heir country men are not demonized because of the actions of a few.

There are scammers in Nigeria, there are also scammers in the U.S. and other countries.

It's easier to pick on the Nigerian because his government doesn't give a sh1t.

You as a person, are you a criminal? Probably not. So are Many millions of other Nigerians working hard and earning a honest wage.
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by omohayek: 11:21am On Apr 14, 2017
Baroba:
Come to Nigerian embassy London and you will see Nigerian incompetence / corruption at its peak, have we forgotten the nonsense we all witnessed been played out to the world audience by Nigerian embassy In Canada..

If the Indians and Kenyans are providing better service than folks usually appointed based on nepotism from Nigeria by all means let them man our embassies..

The most sensible comment I've seen in this thread so far! To read what some other people on here have written, one would think Nigerian embassies staffed by native Nigerians were famous for their excellence or something, when the reality is more like the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqF4Pmp5uo8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXgawJ0hbDY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb2K8RyAuvs

It seems some of the complainers on here are more concerned with getting what they think will be an easy, well-paid job than with the quality of the service the embassies provide. Is it any wonder that Nigerian embassies are so terrible, when they are manned by precisely the kind of people who think a job "belongs" to them simply because of where they come from?

Of course, even if the embassy decided to replace all its Indian and Kenyan staff tomorrow, we would still see hordes of complaints on here about "favoritism" and "marginalization", so deeply has the quota-system entitlement mentality eaten into the minds of Nigerians, to most of whom the only right way of distributing jobs is village by village, so that everybody can claim "our son" is lazily sitting inside XYZ embassy, demanding bribes to do the "job" he was supposed to be hired for.
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by enomakos(m): 11:34am On Apr 14, 2017
YelloweWest:
I'm sure it's because Nigerians are not ordinarily allowed in Qatar

They don't issue Nigeria's visa except one of their citizens can vouch for u
they what is the use of having an embassy there?
That embassy shall be closed since they did't give us visas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"How I Met & Fell In Love With Rotimi Amaechi" - His Wife, Judith / Buhari And Jega At Leadership Newspapers' Awards In Abuja / Violent Protests Still Ongoing In Akure And Ondo Townships(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.