Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

"Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User (27444 Views)

‘free El-zakzaky’, Indians Protest At Nigerian Embassy (photos) / Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar / Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by enomakos(m): 11:45am On Apr 14, 2017
ElsonMorali:

If this is true, then I'm wondering why we have an embassy there in the first place angry
i agreed with you that embassy need to be closed
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by enomakos(m): 11:59am On Apr 14, 2017
alexialin:
It's simply logic.
People should stop crying foul.

If Nigerians are employed in the embassy, corruption in that embassy go times 100percent.
We all know ourselves.. So no need blaming whosoever there.

95percent of Nigerians are corrupt.. They will start cutting shows with whats obtainable in the embassy. Take it or leave it..
If you are running a multinational company sef, employ less Nigerians orelse the company will fold up due to corrupt practices.
No sentiment in this one.
that means you are corrupt too right?
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Reference(m): 12:01pm On Apr 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Why must it be NASS? , when will Buhari who is incharge of all the embassies see it.....the way you zombies like to shield Buhari from his primary faults is mind boggling I tell U ...Is it NASs that approves foriegn missions and appoints ambassadors?

Well it must be complimentary to them as they seem to be the only institution proactive enough to tackle some of the present day challenges. This is the beauty of democracy. When you do what you are supposed to do, power shifts in your direction and when you don't power moves away. The Executive is losing respect and with it confidence and with that power.

And this is not peculiar to Nigeria alone. The American Congress has been strong since the end of the Bush era and all the way through the Obama years, so the Nigerian senate during the second half of the Obasanjo tenure after he messed them up for four years, they had no choice but to hunker down and battle him to survive as an institution.
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by ifihearam: 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
bkool7:
Lets look at this without any sentiment . I know a nigerian that works at the American Embassy and he was posted to another country .
So it could be these ppl were also posted to Qatar .

Do American s complain when they see other nationale working in their Embassies ?
I am sure we will all love to work in an American Embassy ,don't we ?

You know A Nigerian. The poster just said 99% are foreign nationals does that sink into your empty brain?
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by enomakos(m): 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
ayindejimmy:
Hypocrites everywhere!

The same people that condemned SA for being xenophobic are now complaining that foreigners are working for Nigeria
did you ever know how an embassy works?
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by BTT(m): 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
gaetano:
NASS will not see this one now no, but if na wear uniform matter dem go carry am for head.

What did I do to deserve been born in this country sef, if only I swam slower as a sperm.

Suicide alert!
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Priest69(m): 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2017
bkool7:
Lets look at this without any sentiment . I know a nigerian that works at the American Embassy and he was posted to another country .

Do American s complain when they see other nationale working in their Embassies ?

Not we all
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by optimusprime2(m): 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2017
bkool7:

That's the standard we are aiming for sure
Dude it's back to basics before any other thing;
1- You walk before running...
The Nigerian embassy has to establish an impression that it's citizens are of utmost priority, before other things- esp to Qatar. I believe you know the United States has achieved that milestone to the whole world, so why should a country that has been severely underated by general Global statistics, copy the policies of a country that has established a reputation, isn't that crass Hypocrisy?
2- The United States has a unique outlook to diversity due to the base history of the United States, why should Nigeria emulate the norms and values of another country's history? Does Nigeria not have her own history, norms and values... is that not what the embassy stands for?
3- First of all the United States only employs citizens of the country their embassy is based in, not expats-except in the rare case of special skills I.e language proficiency, what business do Indians and Kenyans have doing in a Nigerian High commission (such that the entire work force apart from the ambassador and Consul are Indians and Kenyans) are they Qatari's, why didn't the High Commission place the vacancies for Arabs? (Don't you smell a rat here?)
4- The American passport is one of the strongest in the world as a result of consistent diplomatic standards... Why do you think Nigeria's passport ranks so low on charts? Don't you know it's due to cases like this? Probably they are cutting down running costs thereby creating inconsistent diplomatic standards, instead of creating an absolute nuisance like this, why can't the embassy be withdrawn?

I am deeply ashamed. .. Running an embassy like a bloody pub.

2 Likes

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
enomakos:
that means you are corrupt too right?

Am amongst the 5percent , Uncorrupt Nigerians
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Priest69(m): 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
raziboi:
when will Nigeria get better
Tomorrow
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
Priest69:

Tomorrow

Lol grin
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by ayindejimmy(m): 12:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
enomakos:
did you ever know how an embassy works?

Did you just believe the story on Twitter. One visit to the embassy and she's able to profile all the staff. haba
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by bkool7(m): 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2017
optimusprime2:

The Nigerian embassy has to establish an impression that it's citizens are of utmost priority, before other things- esp to Qatar. I believe you know the United States has achieved that milestone to the whole world, so why should a country that has been severely underated by general Global statistics, copy the policies of a country that has established a reputation, isn't that crass Hypocrisy?
2- The United States has a unique outlook to diversity due to the base history of the United States, why should Nigeria emulate the norms and values of another country's history? Does Nigeria not have her own history, norms and values... is that not what the embassy stands for?
3- First of all the United States only employs citizens of the country their embassy is based in, not expats-except in the rare case of special skills I.e language proficiency, what business do Indians and Kenyans have doing in a Nigerian High commission (such that the entire work force apart from the ambassador and Consul are Indians and Kenyans) are they Qatari's, why didn't the High Commission place the vacancies for Arabs? (Don't you smell a rat here?)
4- The American passport is one of the strongest in the world as a result of consistent diplomatic standards... Why do you think Nigeria's passport ranks so low on charts? Don't you know it's due to cases like this? Probably they are cutting down running costs thereby creating inconsistent diplomatic standards, instead of creating an absolute nuisance like this, why can't the embassy be withdrawn?

First , I don't believe that twitter story .
How can an applicant easily profile all the staff of an embassy and be able determine the % that constitute foreigners?
That's a cheap lie . Think about that .
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by bkool7(m): 1:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
ifihearam:

You know A Nigerian. The poster just said 99% are foreign nationals does that sink into your empty brain?

sorry , I didn't realise I am supposed to believe a twitter follower that visited an embassy and was able to identify the % of foreigners .
Did they show her the staff register ?
or the embassy gave her that info .

I did also realised I insulted anyone when I made my comment

1 Like

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by bkool7(m): 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
Sirheny007:

Look at it critically man..
Doesn't it look professional at least to find 80% of Nigerians working in the Nigerian embassy in Qatar?
Do you honestly think America would employ more than 5% of non Americans to work in their embassy..?? undecided

This is the problem with Nigeria...

That would be if I believed the lady in the first place .

so because a twitter follower Said it, that made it valid ?

How did she know ...did they show her the staff register?

cos I am a bit confused here
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by bkool7(m): 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
BiafraIShere:
You are throwing up words without really understanding what you are saying. What is the likelihood that Kenyans & Indians in Qatar will have Nigerian citizenship? Are you saying in essence that they were sent to Qatar from Nigeria & we are talking about several of them here? Where is the evidence that they are more competent than Nigerians? I doubt you really understand the meaning of xenophobic.

There you go .

you are talking based on something you're not sure of. So because a twitter user said it, that made it valid How?
I didn't even see the part she said 99%
Now I know that's absurd .
Did they show her the staff register?
If you feel the reason some Nigerians are jobless is because foreigner are working in our embassy and they need to be sacked - that's xenophobic
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by bkool7(m): 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
neoOduduwa:
Nah. That's just gonna result into more bloodshed. We need to give Nigeria a new identity to make others respect us. We need clampdown on drugs and internet scams. Small-time drug busts are being made but there really isn't any intensified effort towards arresting their top commanders.

lol !

I thought as much
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by speck4hanna(m): 1:43pm On Apr 14, 2017
That is really bad,giving our jobs out to foreigners. There is God ooooo
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by oyetpel(m): 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
bkool7:

What type of job will American offer a Nigerian in their Nigerian embassy except cleaners, gateman, security guard, messenger. They can never offer a Nigerian a classy work at the embassy.
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by naijaking1: 1:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
naijainstinct:
Do you have problem with comprehension? Dude is saying about over 90% of staff at the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar are non-Nigerians, you are spewing trash about a dream job in the US embassy. Do you even think the US embassy will employ you in Nigeria and post you to India? Abeg park well this early morning.

I think you're the one lacking comprehension here. Go visit the American embassy in Abuja and see how many non-Americans work there. Go if you go fit pass security clearance and drug test!

1 Like

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Litmus: 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2017
Many of Nigeria’s contemporary problems are to do with FORERIGNERS!. Foreigners from neighbouring nations full up Bokoharam; many of the prostitutes and criminals abroad claiming Nigerian are Foreigners; many of those stranded in Libya and traveling on migrant boats to Europe and claiming Nigeria are Foreigners from many of our West African neighbours; many of the posters on Niraland claiming that Nigerians are corrupt, which is why the embassy in QATAR employs Kenyans and Indians, are themselves foreigners masquerading as Nigerians; many of those people on Niaraland who were defending the action of Indians attacking blacks in India were Foreigners. Many IPOB ledership folks abroad have foreign wives.

The surreptitious presence of black Foreigners from other African nations among Nigerians is weakening the resolve of true Nigerians from acting in ways supportive of Nigerians. Nigeria needs to get a grip on Nationhood and part of this is about determining who you people truly are. Nigerians need to implement registration of births and deaths. Nigeria needs ID and effective border control among other implementations.

grin

Meanwhile, in relation to topic, the poster (donmalcolm21) that mentioned the Qatar embassy employment issue may be due to Islamic thing has a point. One can just imagine our stupid Northern compatriots carrying Islam on their heads and making, 'my Muslim brothers, my Muslim brothers' and hiring people due to religion instead of nationality. I may be wrong but embassies are considered part of your Nation therefor visas may not be as relevant as some are stating.

1 Like

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by optimusprime2(m): 2:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
bkool7:

First , I don't believe that twitter story .
How can an applicant easily profile all the staff of an embassy and be able determine the % that constitute foreigners?
That's a cheap lie . Think about that .
Like you said, except the story is fabricated but if it isn't. .. then of a truth Nigeria is an embarrassment as far as foreign affairs is concerned
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
eeeeee!
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by enomakos(m): 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Did you just believe the story on Twitter. One visit to the embassy and she's able to profile all the staff. haba
it may be true
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by flow26(m): 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
Aren't Nigerians working in other countries' embassies here? Much ado about nothing.

1 Like

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by JakeII(m): 4:45pm On Apr 14, 2017
megareal:
How possibly true can this be? Sha, na Nigeria, every madness is possible.

It's the truth bro....however, after much thought and questioning, one could see some good reasons for it, for instance the jobs are low paying and trust our brothers, we like to get rich overnight. But the main reason, from answers i got, was due to the way of life of most of the so called Nigerians without job in Qatar( though not all)....which is the cause of the ban on Qatar visa for Nigerians.
It's really complicated to be honest
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by optimusprime2(m): 12:13am On Apr 15, 2017
ayindejimmy:
Hypocrites everywhere!

The same people that condemned SA for being xenophobic are now complaining that foreigners are working for Nigeria
It's quite clear you don't understand the claims of the argument.
This is not about a common issue as regards to Labour, this is about Diplomatic function and foreign affairs policy.
This is one of the reasons "You" as a Nigerian gets treated badly in other countries.
The Nigerian embassy is not just a store, it is a crest of Nigerias entirety... try to understand our argument ok?
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by ayindejimmy(m): 7:34am On Apr 15, 2017
optimusprime2:

It's quite clear you don't understand the claims of the argument.
This is not about a common issue as regards to Labour, this is about Diplomatic function and foreign affairs policy.
This is one of the reasons "You" as a Nigerian gets treated badly in other countries.
The Nigerian embassy is not just a store, it is a crest of Nigerias entirety... try to understand our argument ok?

I find hard to understand how a lady visiting the embassy once or twice can determine accurately that 99% foreigners work there.
I'm not that gullible.
The story is either exaggerated or fabricated

2 Likes

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by gaetano: 6:42pm On May 24, 2017
undecided
Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by davidif: 4:25pm On Aug 06, 2017
ayindejimmy:

I find hard to understand how a lady visiting the embassy once or twice can determine accurately that 99% foreigners work there.
I'm not that gullible.
The story is either exaggerated or fabricated

You dey mind them? Bros don't bother him with facts jare.

1 Like

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by davidif: 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2017
optimusprime2:

Actually you are very wrong. 2/3 of the work force in the American embassy in Russia are Russians. That's how it works. Majority of staff in a lot embassies are indigenous people so this is not really a special case. Embassies do it for multiple reasons. First, they will like to have workers with a local knowledge of the place and who speak the language. Secondly, it's cheaper and convenient to hire a local workforce except for high level diplomatic stuff.

1 Like

Re: "Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User by davidif: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2017
ifihearam:

And where did he get that 99% figure from? From his brain? Did he even look through a database to see the nationalities of the employees working there? Talk about jumping to conclusions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kwankwaso: I Regret Supporting Buhari Against Jonathan / Impeachment: Labour To Shut Down Ekiti For Fayose As Group Writes CJN / Nigeria Is Sinking Under Buhari – APC Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.