Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,391 members, 7,781,122 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:23 AM

What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? (17700 Views)

What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady / Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by Raphael007(m): 2:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
castrol180:

How do you mean by this your "another day"? As a matter of fact come to Abuja and Lagos to see them, I am of the belief that you know this yourself, Benin girls full all places now and you know what they are up to.
You are not a very smart person, the fact that some edo women are into it does it mean all are doing it, and are you saying that there are no other tribe into prostitution? Well for me, I am an Edo man from esan and I married an Esan woman I can tell you categorically even if I leave her 10 millions years, I will meet her the way I left her she will not sleep or prostitute around its a thing of the mind who knows your sister could be into it as well.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by InvertedHammer: 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
Why not go up North, then take some analgesics, rub some topical anesthetic and collect 20 strokes of cane.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by FavoredGuy: 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
CheezyCharles:
normal 100 k with some other gifts as at 2014 oh. but now that dollar has risen I will ask our elders.
Are there still real elders in such areas? If real elders are available, they will tell you how things are done as they inherited from their forefathers and that they won't be the ones to change it, to avoid the wrath of the gods and that of their ancestors. These set of people are extremely real conseratives, and custodians of culture and tradition. Communities that still have some of them, and their opinions respected, are blessed in a way. Those elders that can even use their gsm phone to calculate are retired civil servants (60 to 65) who want to use their share of the bride price to take care of their responsibilities as fathers in their respective families. In fact, some are even still in civil service. So they are elders just by virtue of opportunities and not actually by being old; when real elders are gone. Some elders in this category are okada riders, active businessmen and artisans who are capable of playing football match because they are still young enough for that.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by Neddyogu(m): 3:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
dogoFara:

Fat Lie! shocked

D lie Na die!
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by gbegemaster(m): 3:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
castrol180:

How do you mean by this your "another day"? As a matter of fact come to Abuja and Lagos to see them, I am of the belief that you know this yourself, Benin girls full all places now and you know what they are up to.
nor be low bribe price cause am.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by Mbediogu(m): 3:26pm On Apr 14, 2017
Bros. One funny clock talk say for chicken land, them no dey pay dowry but the only requirement for wife be say you must be prepared to run fast everyday.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by optimism4reel(m): 3:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
In my area no cost at all, come out and inform the parent of the girl.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by humbleself242(m): 4:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
bride price only #10m
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by castrol180(m): 4:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
Raphael007:

You are not a very smart person, the fact that some edo women are into it does it mean all are doing it, and are you saying that there are no other tribe into prostitution? Well for me, I am an Edo man from esan and I married an Esan woman I can tell you categorically even if I leave her 10 millions years, I will meet her the way I left her she will not sleep or prostitute around its a thing of the mind who knows your sister could be into it as well.

Guy forget that, it's in their blood, no matter how you bath a pig it will still approach the dirts and mud, try and check the percentage of your Benin ladies in Europe doing what they know to do best, though you know better than I do on that subject of a thing. You could also go and do opinion sampling or better still make google your friend these days and research well on the subject matter. Results of so many sociologists research works in Nigeria reveal this truth of a thing, that is the ethnic group that dominates the commercial sex group in the country Nigeria, also I think you were old enough when Mrs Titi Abubakar through her non profit organisation (WOTCLEF) traveled to Italy, Libya, Egypt and some other countries of the world to evacuate and withdraw Nigerian prostitutes mostly the Benins. Lest you forget it is imperative to remind you of what the...
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by jerrymej(m): 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2017
Free
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by Raphael007(m): 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
castrol180:
Like I said it is a thing of the mind, me ask you the other people from Nigeria are not in Italy prostituting but only the Benin right maybe you are the one that needs the survey the media and has portrayed Benin as prostitute and you are doing the same am not surprised you are so very parochial in your thinking, go to the street of Lagos and check to local brothels and I stay in Abuja here come out in the evening to banex and it's evirons you will be surprised what you will findout I just told you and find out very well.

Guy forget that, it's in their blood, no matter how you bath a pig it will still approach the dirts and mud, try and check the percentage of your Benin ladies in Europe doing what they know to do best, though you know better than I do on that subject of a thing. You could also go and do opinion sampling or better still make google your friend these days and research well on the subject matter. Results of so many sociologists research works in Nigeria reveal this truth of a thing, that is the ethnic group that dominates the commercial sex group in the country Nigeria, also I think you were old enough when Mrs Titi Abubakar through her non profit organisation (WOTCLEF) traveled to Italy, Libya, Egypt and some other countries of the world to evacuate and withdraw Nigerian prostitutes mostly the Benins. Lest you forget it is imperative to remind you of what the...
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by dogoFara(f): 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
Neddyogu:

D lie Na die!

As in eh! People go just siddon for their house talk wetin Dem no know
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by mypains: 7:15pm On Apr 14, 2017
ToriBlue:
Everything in the list should be 200k+
are you yoruba?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2017
mypains:
are you yoruba?
Igbo.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by mypains: 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
UncutSk:
As an imolite cry cry cry cry
My brother get ready to go broke grin grin
I can't go there lol.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by ifyemex(m): 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
30 pcs of silver
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by selingel: 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
Igboesika:
Depending on the girl's worth.
Primary school.. level 350k.
Wasc....500k
Graduate.. 750k
Masters.. 1m
PhD though not common...1.5m.
After paying this bride price, then you buy all things that are necessary for the ceremony.
I hope I will be given reciept? Na wah oooo.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by bibianna(f): 12:10am On Apr 15, 2017
Proudly an Edo/Benin queen.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by blacktallest(f): 12:15am On Apr 15, 2017
When my sister's brideprice was paid, it was

1 crate star
1 crate guilder
1 crate harp
1 crate Heineken
2 carton malt
2 carton soft drink
Seaman schnapps
Kolanut
Alligator pepper
Refreshment for guest
And 22 naira bride price.

The above is subject to different families. But the bride price remains the same

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by farihafaheemah(m): 11:14am On Apr 15, 2017
Humility017:

it is so pathetic... just last I was sent to take a marriage list to my aunt...my cousin in Germany is about getting married to a lady from Imo state... of a truth the list made me shiver...just for introduction oooo
Thank u, Dogofara over to you!
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by dogoFara(f): 11:59am On Apr 15, 2017
farihafaheemah:

Thank u, Dogofara over to you!

Lol...every state differs, he mentioned Imo you mentioned southeast. that's a gross misconception. Even within states, there are still major differences. I have facts you know
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by henrixx(m): 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2017
bootylady101:

cheap Yea but when a Bini woman dies her body is taken back to her father's house and thelist eh no be here, more expensive than weddings
are you a Bini girl?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by farihafaheemah(m): 11:52am On Apr 17, 2017
dogoFara:

Lol...every state differs, he mentioned Imo you mentioned southeast. that's a gross misconception. Even within states, there are still major differences. I have facts you know
So imo is from South south or south west?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by dogoFara(f): 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
farihafaheemah:

So imo is from South south or south west?

wow...I wanted to ignore you but mehn I'm one who loves to ensure people comprehend, This would be the last though.

You generalised...when you said SE, you meant all states in SE which is wrong. Simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get Free Money For Your Business Or School, No Pay Back. / "I Waited For 20 Years And I'm A Proud Mum Now. Had 6 Unsuccessful IVFS" - Woman / What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.