Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:52 PM

How To Bake Bread (homemade) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Bake Bread (homemade) (1807 Views)

Want To Know How To Bake Bread? / My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe / How To Bake Perfect Yummy Sponge Cake Without Oven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Bake Bread (homemade) by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 14, 2017
Bread machines are easy to use and fun, once you get the hang of it. However, bread seems to be unappetizing in the beginning. With this simple recipe, you can have light, fluffy, yummy bread in no time! Having it fresh is another plus!

Ingredients

3/4 cup (180 ml) of water
2 cups of high gluten flour
1/2 tablespoon (2.5 grams) of dry skim milk powder
6 teaspoons (75 grams) of sugar
1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) of salt
1/4 cup (60 grams) butter
1 teaspoon of bread machine yeast

Steps

Take your clean bread machine and pour the water in it.
Pour the high gluten flour into it, being careful to cover the whole pan.
Sprinkle the dry skim milk powder over the flour.

Melt your butter in the microwave or on your stove top so that it has a creamy consistency.

An alternative is to defrost it beforehand and mash it with a fork until it has a creamy consistency. Do not make the butter completely liquid, because it will be too runny and hard to mix.

Put the butter in a corner of the bread machine.
Put the salt in the corner opposite the butter.

Place the sugar in another corner of the bread machine.
Make a shallow indent in the middle of the flour. Do not go so far as to touch the liquid!!! Pour the yeast into this
indent.

Select the "Dough" cycle. Press the "Start/Stop" button to begin the cycle.
When the "Dough" cycle is over, you should have a risen mass of dough. Select "Basic Bake", "1.0 pounds" for size, and "Light" for crust. Press the "Start/Stop" button to begin baking.

Know that when the bread is finished baking, do not remove it immediately. Wait at least 30-60 minutes for it to cool a bit before cutting.
Another option is making this bread at night, and cutting it immediately before serving as breakfast.

Enjoy!
You have made your own delicious homemade bread!
Re: How To Bake Bread (homemade) by idrisalomagold(m): 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2017
Picture
Re: How To Bake Bread (homemade) by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 17, 2017
Lilyqueeny:
Bread machines are easy to use and fun, once you get the hang of it. However, bread seems to be unappetizing in the beginning. With this simple recipe, you can have light, fluffy, yummy bread in no time! Having it fresh is another plus!

Ingredients

3/4 cup (180 ml) of water
2 cups of high gluten flour
1/2 tablespoon (2.5 grams) of dry skim milk powder
6 teaspoons (75 grams) of sugar
1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) of salt
1/4 cup (60 grams) butter
1 teaspoon of bread machine yeast

Steps

Take your clean bread machine and pour the water in it.
Pour the high gluten flour into it, being careful to cover the whole pan.
Sprinkle the dry skim milk powder over the flour.

Melt your butter in the microwave or on your stove top so that it has a creamy consistency.

An alternative is to defrost it beforehand and mash it with a fork until it has a creamy consistency. Do not make the butter completely liquid, because it will be too runny and hard to mix.

Put the butter in a corner of the bread machine.
Put the salt in the corner opposite the butter.

Place the sugar in another corner of the bread machine.
Make a shallow indent in the middle of the flour. Do not go so far as to touch the liquid!!! Pour the yeast into this
indent.

Select the "Dough" cycle. Press the "Start/Stop" button to begin the cycle.
When the "Dough" cycle is over, you should have a risen mass of dough. Select "Basic Bake", "1.0 pounds" for size, and "Light" for crust. Press the "Start/Stop" button to begin baking.

Know that when the bread is finished baking, do not remove it immediately. Wait at least 30-60 minutes for it to cool a bit before cutting.
Another option is making this bread at night, and cutting it immediately before serving as breakfast.

Enjoy!
You have made your own delicious homemade bread!
This makes the mouth watery.
I mean really watery.
Any way i hope i should be looking forward to eating the one made by you.
However, i shall not wait as long as 60minutes to eat the yummy and fluffy loaf o.
Hope it won't spoil if i put it under fan, AC or even fridge, to quicken the cooling. grin
Re: How To Bake Bread (homemade) by BluePearls(m): 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2017
No pictures?
Re: How To Bake Bread (homemade) by nlPoster: 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2019
I usually do mixing by hand on the few occasions I've baked.

A stand mixer is more convenient, obviously.
Re: How To Bake Bread (homemade) by Lonelypacifist6: 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2019
nairalandposter:
I usually do mixing by hand on the few occasions I've baked.

A stand mixer is more convenient, obviously.
I have a hand held mixer I'd like to give out been laying around for years.

(1) (Reply)

See How I Made Palm Oil Stew With Scent Leaves (pic And Video) / Chicken Sauce Preparation / Caterers In The House, How Can I Prepare This Snack?? Very Important. See Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.