Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,282 members, 7,780,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:27 PM

Lecturer, Wife In Divorce, Paternity Row - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lecturer, Wife In Divorce, Paternity Row (869 Views)

Woman Disgraces Her Man Abroad After Discovering He Has A Wife In Nigeria / Court Dissolves Marriage As DNA Reveals Child’s Paternity / Lecturer’s Wife Delivers Baby For Bricklayer Lover (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturer, Wife In Divorce, Paternity Row by Islie: 1:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
They got married about six years ago. But now, Monday Abu and his wife, Glory are at war over sundary issues. There is even allegations of threat to life. Cajetan Mmuta in Benin, reports on the controversy

by Cajetan Mmuta

For Mr Monday Layasini Abu, the nuptial knot tied six years ago at the Oredo council area of Edo State is now at crossroads and the centre can no longer. As a Senior Political Science lecturer at the Western Delta University, Ogharra, in Delta State, he had hoped to enjoy his marital bliss with his wife, Mrs. Glory, but his hopes and expected peace that go with such union have been shattered and torn apart by high level suspicion and allegation of infidelity as well as threat to life.

The couple are now explaining the soured fate to members of the public at the High Court 10, Benin, where the Mr. Abu instituted a divorce suit against his wife in a marriage that had produced a handsome four-yearold male child. Worse of all, Abu recently raised the alarm over the sudden presence of alleged suspected assassins, who came around his Eyea residence, a Moslem dominated suburb of the ancient Benin town.

He alleged that his estranged wife hired the suspects with a view to getting him eliminated. This is despite the ongoing legal war for divorce in the past one year.

Narrating his ordeal, Abu said he took to raising the alarm because few days after a heated quarrel, his wife to his utter shock openly told him that he is not the real biological father of their son, Master Abu Stanley Osiemobo. Abu, who broke down in tears intermittently before newsmen at the secretariat complex of the Edo State Chapter of Nigeria Union Journalist, NUJ, in Benin, said life has been miserable and accused Glory of negligence and alleged infidelity.

According to him: “At the beginning, the marriage was very rosy at a point I was working at the Ministry of Environment and later I got an appointment as an assistant lecturer at the department of Political Science and Sociology, Western Delta University Ogharra, Delta State.

Somewhere along the line, I started experiencing all kinds of difficulties in terms of relating with my wife at home; many times, she had left the home to go and stay at an unknown place for days and at times, I used to draw the attention of the family to it but what shocked me most was when she decided not to take good care of my son. Even when I gave money to her to cook, she do not buy anything home and she often complained that the money I gave her got missing and I have had causes to report the matter to her siblings and close friends and they made several efforts to talk to her but all to no avail because she already had a mind set to ensure that I don’t enjoy the benefit of a happy marriage life.”

He said, “Several times, the family also made me to believe that I have not taken the right decision by marrying their daughter and sister and I can count two occasions whenever we have issues at home, she would come to my office at Oghara to insult me and pour all kinds of profanities on me.”

Continuing, he explained:“On two occasions, I have seen this woman with two of my friends, (names withheld) who have been hobnobbing with this woman in my absence and to my greatest shock and dismay, some key officers of the University are aiding and abetting this immoral behaviour. All the steps taken to manage the situation fell on deaf ears and when I now saw that all my efforts to see that this matter is resolved are not yielding the desire results, I decided to invite my family and her family but all to no avail. She had fought me several times in public and torn my cloths to shreds.”

He stated further that “on the 19th of August, 2015, my wife arrested me to Aduwawa Police Station with a fictitious name of Eraboh Glory, contrary to her name on the marriage record. I told the Police in the presence of my in-law who is a staff of AIT, Mr Braimah Amozozo; his presence was responsible why I was allowed to go home.

She went to the station claiming that I was not taking care of my son and I had to show the police evidence of school fees payment and all that. More disturbing, she continued to stay out of the house without my consent. Even when I went to see her family, they justified her action by telling me that they don’t know her whereabouts and when they call her, she doesn’t pick her phone call.

He added that “My life has been made miserable all this years because of her cruel disposition. I had to find a way of running down to NUJ because my life is now under threat because of some strange looking men I see around in my house holding dangerous weapon, which points to the fact that there is an agenda to eliminate me.

She even told me that she would kill me. Just yesterday (Monday), we had a little misunderstanding. This woman I legally married, had a child for me and I have been responsible for the upkeep of the child, in terms of feeding, clothing and medicare, told me that I am not the father of the child I took to UBTH for hydrocell surgery just November 2016. What is even more shocking and when I asked her to name the father of the child she was silent and could not justify her claim.

Since she is alleging that I am not the father of the child, I now want the press and the whole world to now beckon on this woman to tell the world who the father is so I can know the next action to take given that I have instituted a case of divorce against the woman at High Court 10 in Benin City under the watch of Justice Ogbebor.

The next hearing of the case has now been slated for April 10, and the marriage was contracted in Oredo Local Government Area and she left my house on the 18th January 2017.” But Mrs Glory Abu in her reaction on the gross allegations denied sending assassins or thugs after the husband.

She noted that what her husband’s only interested is to forcibly take the custody of their only child from her.

Glory explained that she has continued restrain herself despite all the provocations by her husband in order not to run afoul of the law since the matter is already before a competent court of jurisdiction. She further reaffirmed that her husband is the true and biological father of the child. She narrated what led to the recent altercation at her business premises last Sunday. “As usual, my husband came here to see our son at the shop; I have never denied him access to our son. He came and started shouting, calling me a prostitute and all kinds of names in public.

I have tried to avoid him because I want peace in my life. I have not been to his house since we separated; he should please leave me alone, I am not after his life.”

https://newtelegraphonline.com/news/lecturer-wife-divorce-paternity-row/

lalasticlala
Re: Lecturer, Wife In Divorce, Paternity Row by Jman06(m): 4:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
Stories like this frighten the living day light out of me about getting married. Please ladies, what would make a woman grow so cold towards her man to the point of telling him to his face that another man was the father of their child and even threatening to kill him

Please o,i had better marry a lady who will always reason with me to find solution to any issues without allowing anyone else hear our voices.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer, Wife In Divorce, Paternity Row by eyinjuege: 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
Jman06:
Stories like this frighten the living day light out of me about getting married. Please ladies, what would make a woman grow so cold towards her man to the point of telling him to his face that another man was the father of their child and even threatening to kill him

Please o,i had better marry a lady who will always reason with me to find solution to any issues without allowing anyone else hear our voices.

She says he's tried to forcibly take the child away from her. She may have said that so he would have a rethink about taking the child away.
Its better as the courts are involved now. They can order a DNA test, and sort out custody arrangements on the child.
Re: Lecturer, Wife In Divorce, Paternity Row by austine4real(m): 9:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
ok next

pls
Re: Lecturer, Wife In Divorce, Paternity Row by Nutase: 11:50am On Apr 15, 2017
Sorry.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Things Not To Do On Your Wedding Day / Cheap Painless Ear Piercing Unit For Babies And Adults / Stop Crying Profusely Over Ur Lost Lover...seek Spiriitual Help Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.