Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash (9456 Views)

Drunk CRUTECH Student Kills Final year student in an auto crash on campus / Pregnant RCCG Youth Leader Dies In An Auto Crash, Five Months After Her Wedding. / Forerunner Of The Eze Ndigbo Malaysia, Dies In An Auto Crash In Kuala Lumpur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by AutoJoshNG: 4:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
No matter how secure,law abiding and patient we are ,accidents and auto crashes are bound to happen.

As a pedestrian or another driver ,people often times get confused on what to do and what not to do.Here are 5 tips that would help decide what to do when an auto crash occurs.

1.Don’t Take Pictures
It’s actually sickening that the first thing people do when they witness an auto crash nowadays is to take a picture.You should’t do this ,at least not at first.

2.Call For Help
If its something minor ,like a side brush between two cars ,this might not be necessary.But if its something more serious the first thing you should do is to call for help.The Nigerian emergency number is 112.

3.Don’t Attempt To Bring The Victims Out
I know it might sound like I am speaking nonsense.But trying to rescue the victims can actually be doing more harm than good.

Except the vehicle is on fire ,or there is a fuel leak,dragging out the victims might actually cause more harm.They might have a broken bone,and moving them anyhow might lead to internal injuries.

Except you know what you are doing or its completely necessary,just wait for the trained personnel to come .

If you have to , do it gently and with caution.

4.Give Space For Emergency Services
Its also sad that when accidents happen ,people just surround the victims ,denying them of oxygen and restricting the access of trained people.Give way !.

5.Try To Help
If emergency services are yet to arrive ,you might be able to do something before they arrive.Somethings like CPR might help if the victim is unconscious.You can also help in conveying the victims to the hospital.Remember to do everything with caution and make sure you know what you are doing.

Have something to share ?

We would like to hear from you .

Also don’t forget to download our app and subscribe to our newsletter for more awesome tips.

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/5-tips-guide-witness-auto-crash/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by fuckboys: 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
waiting for epic modification of FTC cheesy
Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by eezeribe(m): 5:08pm On Apr 14, 2017
Nice Theory
Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by josephine123: 5:35pm On Apr 14, 2017
Nice topic
Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
Don’t Take Pictures
It’s actually sickening that the first thing people do when they witness an auto crash nowadays is to take a picture.You should’t do this ,at least not at first
This is like saying "freeze, don't breathe".
How do you want them to prove to the "pictures-or-i-don't-believe-it" crew, they witnessed an accident ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by Fresia01(f): 7:12am On Apr 15, 2017
Noted
Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by TeflonBlixx: 7:12am On Apr 15, 2017
Calling 112 would do what exactly??

In a country like Nigeria?? Op, wake up from your slumber undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by Antell95(m): 7:14am On Apr 15, 2017
grin
Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by Antell95(m): 7:15am On Apr 15, 2017
Fresia01:
Noted
My Crush
Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 15, 2017
Let me add that please when trying to help be aware of your surroundings and be safe. A man I know lost his life while trying to help. He was in a rush to help and wasnt watching the road.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by mandax: 7:15am On Apr 15, 2017
Well, autocrash is an unusual scene in the countries that originally built vehicles because they obey the stipulated regulations for a vehicle to move in public places.

In Third and Fourth world countries like Nigeria, inaction of political leaders create scenes of autocrash like cinema houses.
Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by KingLennon(m): 7:16am On Apr 15, 2017
If its ladies that are on that scene. Forget, they will snap pictures. They will be like 'omg, just survived a crash'
Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by ShobayoEmma(m): 7:18am On Apr 15, 2017
Also prepare to narrate your own 'impact' beyond a reasonable doubt to the clueless Nigeria Police Force.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by lonelydora: 7:18am On Apr 15, 2017
Nigerians cannot do without number 1.

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by tonio2wo: 7:18am On Apr 15, 2017
And lastly, take pictures so that you will hit FP on nairaland! smiley
Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by TrumpDonald2: 7:19am On Apr 15, 2017
Very informative. Thumbs up Op. Especially number 1, I think it should be made a criminal offense. Many Nigerians are losing their senses to it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by demolinka(m): 7:20am On Apr 15, 2017
The crowding thing is really sickening. Lotsa them just wanna take pics or be able to confirm that they saw the accident happen 'live'. And Lagosians can watch anything!

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by SuperSuave(m): 7:21am On Apr 15, 2017
2.Call For Help
If its something minor ,like a side brush between two cars ,this might not be necessary.But if its something more serious the first thing you should do is to call for help.The Nigerian emergency number is 112.
TeflonBlixx:

I swear I dialed the number just now and it says it doesn't exist angry
Cc: AutoJoshNG

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by biz2get(m): 7:21am On Apr 15, 2017
TeflonBlixx:

Why this made me laff hard.

I don't know yet..

Nigeria 1769 / Rest of the World 2017 angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by TeflonBlixx: 7:25am On Apr 15, 2017
biz2get:

Why this made me laff hard.

I don't know yet.

cheesy

Nigeria 1769 / Rest of the World 2017

Take it easy homie. . Make sure you're chained.

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by Motolank: 7:26am On Apr 15, 2017
Guys this topic is important, you can safe a life, and forever be happy you did. Rather than rushing to scene to take MOCKERY pic of the victims....

Even accident scenes should not make front pages on nl again

2 Likes

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by SuperSuave(m): 7:43am On Apr 15, 2017
Motolank:
Guys this topic is important, you can safe a life, and forever be happy you did. Rather than rushing to scene to take MOCKERY pic of the victims....

Even accident scenes should not make front pages on nl again
I agree with your last sentence. The publicity is what keeps encouraging people

3 Likes

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by Primegold: 7:47am On Apr 15, 2017
TeflonBlixx:

Well,I can confirm that 112 works especially in Lagos. I have called them on a couple of occasions that I witnessed auto accidents & fire outbreak.And they responded. And the sweet part, I got a call after 2 weeks from them to rate their service which shows they care about improvement.
Of course there's room for improvement but they work.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by TeflonBlixx: 7:50am On Apr 15, 2017
Primegold:

Well,I can confirm that 112 works especially in Lagos. I have called them on a couple of occasions that I witnessed auto accidents & fire outbreak.And they responded. And the sweet part, I got a call after 2 weeks from them to rate their service which shows they care about improvement.
Of course there's room for improvement but they work.

In Lagos. .

It is only Lagos that is in Nigeria abi? undecided

3 Likes

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by Senorprinz(m): 8:02am On Apr 15, 2017
TeflonBlixx:

In Lagos. .
It is only Lagos that is in Nigeria abi? undecided

at least they're still functioning somewhere.

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by TeflonBlixx: 8:10am On Apr 15, 2017
Senorprinz:

at least they're still functioning somewhere.

Mediocrity. .

So you're satisfied they only function in one state??

No wonder Nigger-Area would never progress!!
Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by achu442(m): 8:11am On Apr 15, 2017
Your number 3 and 5 are contradicting themselves.
Don't attempt to bring the victim out and Try to help.

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by jojomario(m): 8:17am On Apr 15, 2017
The emergency lines work well except for crime and fire incidence.
Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by Fresia01(f): 8:24am On Apr 15, 2017
Antell95:
My Crush
lol.. Me
Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by ifyan(m): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2017
mandax:
Well, autocrash is an unusual scene in the countries that originally built vehicles because they obey the stipulated regulations for a vehicle to move in public places.

In Third and Fourth world countries like Nigeria, inaction of political leaders create scenes of autocrash like cinema houses.

U need to be in yaba left right now.

Inferiority complex issues is affecting you

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by nas00(m): 8:44am On Apr 15, 2017
@OP:

Nice attempt.

However, there are instances you MUST touch the accident victim(s) before emergency service arrives the scene.

After calling the emergency service, before deciding whether to touch the victim or not:

1) Observe the victim generally. If the victim is bleeding profusely and you can see it externally, you MUST stop the bleeding by applying a firm bandage as a temporary measure.
It does not have to be original bandage material. You may tear a clean piece of fabric (e.g. Victim's shirt or if you have spare cloth)

2) After stopping visible bleeding, FEEL the victim's pulse (every adult Nigerian should be able to do this ideally).
If pulse is FAST and WEAK or SLOW and WEAK, patient needs very rapid intervention by medics. You must let them know immediately they arrive the scene that this particular victim is in worse danger.

3) Next observe the victim's chest to see if he/she is breathing at all. If breathing, what is the pattern like?
Too FAST breathing indicates trouble and ABSENT or too few breaths per minute (<18-20) also indicate trouble.
You might want to call for nearby assistance to lift victim out, if not breathing well. Lay victim flat on the back, preferably on a rigid board, lift chin up as much as possible, check throat for any objects blocking and remove if there is.
If you know how to properly administer CPR, start it while you wait for emergency service.

If you don't know how to properly administer CPR, the victim might stand a better chance if you leave in a well ventilated space.

Take home point: Your judgement, action and inaction at an accident site may be the sole determinant if victim makes it to the hospital and out of hospital alive or not. It is not in all cases you should not touch the victim. Except you don't know what to do, which I believe is the reason for this thread- to educate people.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: 5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash by Antell95(m): 8:58am On Apr 15, 2017
Fresia01:
lol.. Me
Yes, You Ofcourse, and it's high time you do something about it and get me off the "crush zone"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Journey To Waterside / Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.