Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,034 members, 7,803,478 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth (27846 Views)

NYSC: What To Expect When You Are Posted To Borno / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? / NYSC: What You Need To Know About Rivers State Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by biotechshola(m): 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
classicB:
.Every Nigerian student that means well for himself or herself should have a plan even before the NYSC. What next actually?? Looking for jobs that aren't even available. My sister will be in 200L this November and I have been reminding her to follow my own footsteps, which is SAVING, yes!!! Saving for "what next after NYSC"
I have always told my friends that going back to school after Bsc isn't for me, not in a country like Nigeria, as far as am concerned it is still waste of time undecided
If you're the type that believes in white collar job, I think it's time u fasten your seat belt and trust God for a good job. As for me I already know what next cheesy I'd have saved 400k by the time am done with service. With the help of my parents I should be able to set up my fashion business with nothing less than 1million.
If you're still in school and u don't wanna get stranded after service pls try saving some money, encourage your parents to support you with whatever business you wanna set up after NYSC. Hope this helps.

As reasonable as your comment is, unfortunately it is not applicable to everybody. You must have had enough before thinking of saving. For those of us who could not even afford to pay our tuition fee without engaging in real hustle, we don't even know what the word 'save' means.. You have raised a good point though... I had never wanted to work under anybody but as it were, I have to do that for sometime as all I have now is the value I have added to myself by going to school. For now it's my savings. God help us all.
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 20, 2017

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Madame there is no argument here, u even dey get Pocket money, no matter how much...
Some Children are the ones giving their parents Pocket money undecided undecided undecided

How can you save for the rainy day when you haven't even eaten in the dry day undecided undecided

Enjoy your parents money Jare
U never see hard life.
I know you probably have dozens of Uncles, aunties and males giving you money and favors up and down

For where?? That I don't have aunties and uncles is one of the reasons m preparing for the future.
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Arkyval(m): 8:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
If you don't know What's next at this stage, then u need extension
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
Dolypson04:
I will be passing out in a month's time and surprisingly I don't have a CV yet. Don't blame me, the thought of looking for job never seem appealing to me even if looking for it is imminent. Like some rightly observed above, making yourself marketable is the best bet. What matter most is not your certificate but what you can offer. Don't stop learning and anything you want to do, be on the Internet. Never underestimate the power of online presence.
I wish all 2016 Batch A Stream 2 successful POP
You are right bro. I am passing out next month also, have sent CVs online but it isn't easy. On the issue of Internet, have really learnt a lot during this nysc program, I Engaged myself with free online courses to widen my horizon.

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
jdstunt:
Wonderful and educative comments. I'm really learning from other people's comments.

To be sincere I've been troubleshooting my brain on what to do in other to get income. I got a new laptop early this year with the intention of using it for any online business but as I'm typing now, it is laying useless on the table.

I've been thinking and praying for God to show me the way. Since this week I've been restless (always thinking). I'm presently in my cousin's place in Lagos, and it's expected of me to be going out in the morning and returning in the evening. Transportation is really eating me deep without any income at the end of the day.

Please anyone that has a tangible business be it online or offline that can at least bring income no matter how small, I will greatly appreciate.

I'm thinking of even enrolling for an ICT training to boost my skills and worth. With this comments that are flooding everywhere, I know I'm not alone, there are so many people together with me aboard this ship.

Thanks ones again as I wait for a possible solution...!!!
Since you just got a new laptop Start learning coding. I can recommend some application for you on android where you can learn for free and interact with gurus. Go download solo learn app on playstore.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by sunshinegold22: 9:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
Do you have the need to travel outside with your family to relax, but no funds?

All paid Travel Expenses to Tourist Sites in Dubai, South Africa, Mauritius, Kenya, Ghana (Visa, Flight Ticket, 4 Star Hotel, Feeding, Tourist Attraction).

Do you want to acquire Professional Certified Training to enhance your Career, but no Funds?

Trainings like NEBOSH, BOSIET, Web Developer, CCNA, Coding, App Development, Software Engineering, Hardware, ICT, Accounting Software packages, Oil and Gas Software Courses. We have over 100 more courses to choose from and still adding.

Do you want to attend a Fashion Design Academy, Catering, Baking School, Makeup and Beauty School, Vocational Schools to enhance your Business and Passion, but no Funds?

Attend our Summit Programme in LAGOS.

N 750,000 worth of Certified Skilled Training Scholarships and many more packages to benefit from.

Registration is Free. Call or WhatsApp 08171272445.

Venue: Vantage Hub, 2nd Floor, Mosesola Building, 103, Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria.

Date: Saturday, 29th April, 2017.
Click on this link to fill your form and select your batch time. Registration Link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYp7kDIclF74OEMvPzF-2tKKjuOqFwjswju5V-I3rclDPn1Q/viewform?c=0&w=1
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Emasel(m): 9:31pm On Apr 20, 2017
classicB:
.Every Nigerian student that means well for himself or herself should have a plan even before the NYSC. What next actually?? Looking for jobs that aren't even available. My sister will be in 200L this November and I have been reminding her to follow my own footsteps, which is SAVING, yes!!! Saving for "what next after NYSC"
I have always told my friends that going back to school after Bsc isn't for me, not in a country like Nigeria, as far as am concerned it is still waste of time undecided
If you're the type that believes in white collar job, I think it's time u fasten your seat belt and trust God for a good job. As for me I already know what next cheesy I'd have saved 400k by the time am done with service. With the help of my parents I should be able to set up my fashion business with nothing less than 1million.
If you're still in school and u don't wanna get stranded after service pls try saving some money, encourage your parents to support you with whatever business you wanna set up after NYSC. Hope this helps.

Just thank God you're from a well-to-do family. Not everybody have the opportunity you have. A student that struggles through school, how do you expect such to save? The best thing for an undergraduate to do is to get a viable skill which can sustain him/her after graduation. Personally I regret why I did not acquire any skill/vocation while in school.
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by sunshinegold22: 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2017

All paid Travel Expenses to Tourist Sites in Dubai, South Africa, Mauritius, Kenya, Ghana (Visa, Flight Ticket, 4 Star Hotel, Feeding, Tourist Attraction).

Do you want to acquire Professional Certified Training to enhance your Career, but no Funds?

Trainings like NEBOSH, BOSIET, Web Developer, CCNA, Coding, App Development, Software Engineering, Hardware, ICT, Accounting Software packages, Oil and Gas Software Courses. We have over 100 more courses to choose from and still adding.

Do you want to attend a Fashion Design Academy, Catering, Baking School, Makeup and Beauty School, Vocational Schools to enhance your Business and Passion, but no Funds?

N 750,000 worth of Certified Skilled Training Scholarships and many more packages to benefit from.

Venue: Vantage Hub, 2nd Floor, Mosesola Building, 103, Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria.

Click on this link to fill your form and select your batch time. Registration Link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYp7kDIclF74OEMvPzF-2tKKjuOqFwjswju5V-I3rclDPn1Q/viewform?c=0&w=1
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by ToluO: 9:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
1cor2v9:

in this present economic climate only a few number of corpers can save something ooo.... Savings during NYSC is now difficult I must confess

That's not true, I saved it all

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by sunshinegold22: 9:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
sunshinegold22:

Click on this link to fill your form and select your batch time. Registration Link: https:///forms/vQNNnabQIowODbTh2

Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by akigbemaru: 10:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
Prec1ous:
Life has really been dramatic and fast paced. This may be why the NYSC service year seem to have gone on overdrive.

Time really flies but that of NYSC was flying like a rocket, I would say, the service year was in a jiffy.

The joy of camping and POP must was really euphoric but now it has faded and the service certificate which was a cherish-able display object has now just become just another credential.

After NYSC what is next? – Dilemma of a Nigerian youth

After NYSC what next? This question popped up my mind as I departed my Place of Primary assignment PPA, the sudden realization that the so called meager 19,800naira monthly allowance now seem appealing.

Truth I is will not receive that monthly again and that scares the shit out of me. More like missing out on extra money and tasting from the government money.

After NYSC what is next
After NYSC what is next
Social media has been awash with individuals displaying their certificates while adorning their NYSC ceremonial uniform for the last time, the smile on their faces betraying the harsh reality that awaits them, well not all of them though.

The thought that the country they so serve diligently will fail them beyond their expectation, most are the children of the so called “children of nobody” with no connection whatsoever.

I wonder how else will they proceed, this is a country that tells them to go out but will not accept them again with open hands.

Many are actually happy that they are passing out, and I wonder how they could put so much trust in a country where almost all system is failed, the functional ones are on a “man-know-man” basis.

Looking for job alone will drain you totally till you can’t even breath proper and it seems like you are passing out.

I was called the leader of tomorrow but obviously tomorrow will never come, my country’s president was my grandfather military head of state, and I am force to ask if we are progressing or running in circles.

Now I am a youth, but I had always served my country and I am wondering when my country will serve me.

A friend gave me a satirical meaning of NYSC, Now Your Suffering Continues, is it not ironical that even now I am still suffering, it is like my country will never let go of me and I am still in service.

I love my country Nigeria, but I wonder how she feels about me.

To you my friend, After NYSC WHAT IS NEXT?

SOURCE:

AFTER NYSC WHAT IS NEXT? - DILEMMA OF A NIGERIAN YOUTH
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by jdstunt(m): 10:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

Since you just got a new laptop Start learning coding. I can recommend some application for you on android where you can learn for free and interact with gurus. Go download solo learn app on playstore.

Pls It's "solo learn app" the name of the app? Cos I can't find it on playstore
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
undecided undecided
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Dolypson04(m): 11:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are right bro. I am passing out next month also, have sent CVs online but it isn't easy. On the issue of Internet, have really learnt a lot during this nysc program, I Engaged myself with free online courses to widen my horizon.
That's nice brother
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
jdstunt:

Pls It's "solo learn app" the name of the app? Cos I can't find it on playstore
The name of the app is 'sololearn'.
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by tabithababy(f): 7:08am On Apr 21, 2017
mazizitonene:
she go just cast you o.....be guided... lol
. Bad belle.undecided do you know the type of work he is talking about
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by zwingis(m): 7:30am On Apr 21, 2017
I was able to save only twenty thousand during my service year it happens self because of the double allawee we received before we left. Bros only runs girls save money in that scheme cool cool cool cool
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by AgbenuAnna(f): 9:10am On Apr 21, 2017
following this thread . Am in 200 level though thinking of starting fish farm. let's see how it goes Keep the ideas coming
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Iggyok(m): 9:26am On Apr 21, 2017
Nice comments here.
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Noblepreneur: 10:42am On Apr 21, 2017
Why not enroll in a Web Design/Web Development training? Almost 80% of Companies in Nigeria are going digital and about 50% of this Companies need Web Masters/Managers.

You are in Lagos,the land of opportunities,dont let yourself be idle for a day.
jdstunt:
Wonderful and educative comments. I'm really learning from other people's comments.

To be sincere I've been troubleshooting my brain on what to do in other to get income. I got a new laptop early this year with the intention of using it for any online business but as I'm typing now, it is laying useless on the table.

I've been thinking and praying for God to show me the way. Since this week I've been restless (always thinking). I'm presently in my cousin's place in Lagos, and it's expected of me to be going out in the morning and returning in the evening. Transportation is really eating me deep without any income at the end of the day.

Please anyone that has a tangible business be it online or offline that can at least bring income no matter how small, I will greatly appreciate.

I'm thinking of even enrolling for an ICT training to boost my skills and worth. With this comments that are flooding everywhere, I know I'm not alone, there are so many people together with me aboard this ship.

Thanks ones again as I wait for a possible solution...!!!

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Intelligentdude(m): 10:49am On Apr 21, 2017
Nice one@acquiring skills and self development but I must let you know that recruiting process for most companies usually take about 3 months.

If I were you,this is the time I will have done my CV submissions(Both Online and Offline).Also,start talking to your Senior friends,Uncles,Aunties and those you think can give you a helping hand(you never know who will oblige you).Cheers
Dolypson04:
I will be passing out in a month's time and surprisingly I don't have a CV yet. Don't blame me, the thought of looking for job never seem appealing to me even if looking for it is imminent. Like some rightly observed above, making yourself marketable is the best bet. What matter most is not your certificate but what you can offer. Don't stop learning and anything you want to do, be on the Internet. Never underestimate the power of online presence.
I wish all 2016 Batch A Stream 2 successful POP
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Intelligentdude(m): 10:52am On Apr 21, 2017
Nice one. Agriculture is the latest goldmine but I will advice you move from "thinking" to "doing". Also,always visit Agriculture section of nairaland,you will meet other Agric. business peeps there.Cheers
AgbenuAnna:
following this thread .
Am in 200 level though thinking of starting fish farm.
let's see how it goes
Keep the ideas coming
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by Intelligentdude(m): 10:58am On Apr 21, 2017
I know of an Ex Corp Member who built her house in Kabusa,Abuja while serving. Throughout her service year,she forgot about make up and fashion and was able to achieve that because she was determined.

Sincerely,she aint the Runs type of girl,she served in NAFDAC and her NAFDAC Boss gave her 100,000naira when he heard from other Corp members of the girls's project. Her house was commissioned on her POP day by some Corp Members.

Today,she gets about 200,000naira yearly in one of the apartment while she is living comfortably in the other apartment.

It takes determination and a sense of purpose to achieve this great feat.
1cor2v9:

in this present economic climate only a few number of corpers can save something ooo.... Savings during NYSC is now difficult I must confess

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by bootylady101(f): 12:20pm On Apr 21, 2017
seguno2:
Get a job or use your savings during NYSC to start a business, including farming.

savings from nysc? how possible is that?
Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by seguno2: 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
bootylady101:
savings from nysc? how possible is that?

Please check out the meaning of the word, SACRIFICE.
Those who continue to make adequate sacrifice will forever dominate those who don't.
QED!!!

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by bootylady101(f): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
seguno2:

Please check out the meaning of the word, SACRIFICE.
Those who continue to make adequate sacrifice will forever dominate those who don't.
QED!!!

sacrifice kini, nothing from nysc alawe to sacrifice

you pay for tfare,feeding, Nepa bill, subscription for data to look for vacancies (this one is understandable) then you settle for CDS and co,with no state alawe, you send card home to appreciate their efforts in training u, yo still pay to photocopy to submit to different establishment, if shoe cut nko, one still has to look presentable to interviews, even when u sacrifice feeding and accommodation you fall ill, you know how much lonart cost or he/she should pray white bloodcells fight well and win

bros abeg fear God

all this with 19800 oo

He/she still tries to get other certifications haba

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth by seguno2: 3:05pm On Apr 21, 2017
bootylady101:
sacrifice kini, nothing from nysc alawe to sacrifice

you pay for tfare,feeding, Nepa bill, subscription for data to look for vacancies (this one is understandable) then you settle for CDS and co,with no state alawe, you send card home to appreciate their efforts in training u, yo still pay to photocopy to submit to different establishment, if shoe cut nko, one still has to look presentable to interviews, even when u sacrifice feeding and accommodation you fall ill, you know how much lonart cost or he/she should pray white bloodcells fight well and win

bros abeg fear God

all this with 19800 oo

He/she still tries to get other certifications haba

Keep complaining and giving excuses.
Those who made sacrifices will boss around those who don't forever.
That is the law of nature.
BTW, do you think that the jobless graduate will have to forego all those things that you listed when he has no income or will he become an armed robber plus kidnapper, surely to be captured sooner or later?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Corper: 'My Mother Made Me A Graduate With Fish Selling' / A thread for corpers posted to Osun / Thread 4 Corpers Posted To Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.