Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? (22084 Views)

What TV Channel Do You Watch Together As A Family? / Why Is There A Black Sheep In Every Family? How Do You Cope With Them? / Nairaland Family, How Well Do We Know Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by poshestmina(f): 11:42am On Apr 15, 2017
deflover:

So did you finally make the 2:1 or 1st class or u turned an ashawo
Cos that's all I can read from your write up
A rebel
Hahahahahahaha.i made 2.2 ,got a great job and i'm happily married hun .i just always pray for me and my siblings to be very successful in life .dazol !
Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by sbabimbola(f): 11:57am On Apr 15, 2017
I am glad that many oldies are here, please our parents should stop this act as it causes disunity in families....

I have seen siblings who can't stand each other, because the older feels short of the younger because of parental comparison syndrome (PCS).

we youngsters too should desist from such; guys stop comparing your babe with others

babe too stop comparing that lucky guy with unknown drug lords cruising town ( he might be rich from genuine sources too).

you are in competition against yourself solely..... never forget that.

I never will.
Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by paulpular(m): 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
Comparing siblings is bad. Very bad.

meanwhile, you broke your elder brother's nose. Chai that your brother must be a weakling o. Am the eldest of my siblings and no one among them can try that with me.

Op better go and make peace with your brother, because your action just made your case worse.

2 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by ManuelRichard(m): 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2017
we r four boys n a girl in d house..I m d last guy...my mother compares me like mad to both siblings n outsiders..I grew up with it....broken, times without number at heart buh I got use to it...some how,it made me wanna b better everyday...I tend to challenge them these days with my achievements... today they call me IBO man....u don't wanna know the many reasons.

come to think of it,I tried countless times to hate my mum fr all d hurts n verbal abuses...mehn..I couldn't bring my self that low...my heart is just too Large n full of love fr it to nurture or accommodate hate....

Gosh..! I love my mum....I love my family today n every other day...

All of d hurt made me so modest that,I get mindful of whatever i say to others because, I don't ever want anybody to feel bad,less or hurt by d words of my mouth...

@ op, u need Emotional maturity... grow up..n go apologize to ur brother.

n if ur Dad aint helping,shebi u say u dey uni?
Sit him down n talk it out...

1 Like

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by AuroraB(f): 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2017
4dor:

Your dad might have issues but the real issue I can deduce here is that you are a fooolish young man. Why? see the the parts I emboldened, do you expect you and your ELDER brother to be at the same level? Instead of breaking his nose if you hit his neck and he dies will you tell the judge your father caused it? Why cant you focus this energy you have into your studies so you can achieve something for yourself? The fact that you even had the audacity to raise a hand against your elder brother shows the type of person you are and maybe you really deserve how your father treats you.
Very very foolish fellow oooooo shocked
He saying he's still in 200L and his brother already graduate gives an insight into his damned existence. His Dad did no wrong obviously, this young man is the black sheep of the family. #word

1 Like

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by BJ0SE(m): 2:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
He's obviously a nutcase, God save u say I nor be ur brother, I for beat u eh, lock u up join am. Nonsense
When he was hustling where were u, that's why he's ur elder....if fate turns arround and ur dad is no more, who do u think will pick up ur school bills.??
4dor:

Your dad might have issues but the real issue I can deduce here is that you are a fooolish young man. Why? see the the parts I emboldened, do you expect you and your ELDER brother to be at the same level? Instead of breaking his nose if you hit his neck and he dies will you tell the judge your father caused it? Why cant you focus this energy you have into your studies so you can achieve something for yourself? The fact that you even had the audacity to raise a hand against your elder brother shows the type of person you are and maybe you really deserve how your father treats you.

2 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by InvertedHammer: 2:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
/
It doesn't make any sense. Your dad irritated you and you transferred the aggression on your brother.

Your papa no get nose? Do the needful.

//

1 Like

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Littlefish(f): 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
I was once a victim of that but thank God that the Good Lord helped me and was not ashem at the end.
Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Gentlevin: 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2017
@op. The level of stupidity and immaturity is clearly seen from ur post. U broke ur elder bros nose, so have u received certificate for doin dat? For u to even fight ur elder bros shows u are foolish. Ur father comparing u to ur siblings should have gingerd u to work harder and prove him wrong but instead u transfered ur agression to ur elder bro. Better go into fasting for 7days for forgiveness cos u may end up doin same comparism wen u become a father...
Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by edwinobed22: 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2017
no one can hurt you without your permission. you always feel bad when you see your brother is as a result of your low esteem which you have to build to conquer your envy.!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Black And White Twins / Why Are Relatives Always Jealous Of One's Success? / "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.