Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,743 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! (5971 Views)

Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) / NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year / WizKid, The Game & Young Jeezy In The Studio Together (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by emarketer1: 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2009
I guess it's hi time we have a breath of fresh air in the Nigerian music industry (Or don't you agree with me?). And I'm glad that the young talents are coming up real hard. 2010 is certainly going to be a competitive one indeed, with new acts like Wizkid, Fecko, Teeto, Skales and Cartiair gradually claiming the spotlight.

As you all might know, Wizkid [/b]and [b]Skales are presently signed-on to Banky's label and they're both a gifted duo of talented artistes, while Fecko [/b]is still indie but seriously on the grind after appearing on [b]THE JOE SPAZM MIXTAPE Hosted By DJ Jimmy Jatt. This kid is also set to storm the industry, and make sure y'all cop' his Digi EP

FECKO_the First Impression MixTape
Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0L0FG79Y

Teeto C'mos, "Oshamo" this Emcee Africa [/b]souljah has also got what it takes to make [b]KRS-One bob his head.

And CartiAir, of course, The 'Owo Ati Swagger' master is most def on the rise too, after dropping his debut MORE THAN JUST RAP MUSIC (http://www.notjustok.com/2010/01/07/cartiair-gbedu-playa-rules/).

[b]Vector, [/b]the acclaimed Nigerian version of Jay-Z is also set to blow your minds this year, after appearing on various mainstreams collabos with the likes of Bigiano, Jay Martins and so on. Naija, get ready for the heat cos these Boyz Are Not Smiling!!

Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by Genuflect(m): 9:09am On Jan 01, 2010
Baba, tell these upcomers to upload on sites that don't require javascript (countdown ish) so that mobile phone downloaders can dl easily
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by eleshin(m): 10:02am On Jan 01, 2010
wizkid is cool,very down to earth.
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by emarketer1: 5:02pm On Jan 04, 2010
@Genuflect, I'll see what I can do boss. One
@Eleshin, That's right, Sir! Same with the other dudes on my list.
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by craze: 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2010
I've listened to all these artistes before, and they're pretty sick! Cartiair is crazy with the flows, and I learnt Fecko's got beef with Ikechukwu. Heard his freestyle with Saucekid, Cartiair and Terry da rapman on radio, and I must confess the kid's gat skills like jjc. Anyways, the street is watching! Let them all bring the heat!
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by Phony200(m): 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2010
The more the merrier! Bring em on grin
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by emarketer1: 11:45pm On Jan 05, 2010
@Craze - Nice analysis fam! About Fecko's beef with Ikechukwu, that was some underground ish, how did you know about that?

@Genuflect, Abeg which site can one upload files that isn't java scripted? In the meantime, check out this link http://www.notjustok.com/2010/01/04/fecko-tha-emcee/
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by freshbuoy: 12:02am On Jan 06, 2010
who is fecko?
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by Genuflect(m): 12:16am On Jan 06, 2010
e-marketer, I'm talking sites like plunder.com, sharemobile.ro, www.esnips.com, 4shared.com. There are plenty like that. I know a lotta guys that download on phone so I think it will increase these artists' fanbase
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by emarketer1: 6:52am On Jan 06, 2010
@Genuflect, Noted! I appreciate the feedback.

@Freshbouy, After recording a first album that was shelved in 2006 and contributing to a number of mixtapes like the Joe Spazm Mixtape and Knighthouse' Street Scriptures, as well as participating in rap competitions such as Emcee Africa, Fecko has now dropped his First Impression EP with guest spots by Joe Spazm, Str8 Buttah, Poetic Seraph (Belgium) and Naycha da Poetmc (South Africa). The full mixtape is set to drop later this year. Visit www.fecko.co.nr for more info. In my own opinion, I think he has a great online presence and he needs a good video to back that up.
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by phatwall: 9:23am On Jan 07, 2010
yeah,dem boyz are doing good,but there's a name u 4got 2 mention,DOUBLE SIX.4rm the group M.I.P(men in progress)http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9091514722509991985,hot lyricist 2 the bone,check out his track with terry tha rapman 'oyibo man'http://rapidshare.com/files/243737426/oyibo_man.mp3 and 'attention' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF0RQUWU2nA

coming off the PHAT WALL MUZIK imprint,2k10 is his year 4 sho!!

peace.

PHAT WALL MUZIK.
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by craze: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2010
@E-marketer, Yeah, I heard about it on a Nigerian hip-hop blog. Ikechukwu threatened to take the beef thingy with Feck beyond wax, right? By the way, I just listened to Fecko's The First Impression EP, Damn! that 'Spitology' joint he did with that South African MC is the shiznit. He needs to push that ish o.

Another Nigerian rapper I believe in so much is Vector. Just like Feck, I learnt he's down to earth.
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by lalaboi(m): 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2010
Cartiair. . . .Am not feeling!

Fecko!. . .Def
Skales! most def!
Whizkid! most def
Teeto! Absolutely!. . . .

Proto nko? this dude is extra sick!!
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by jamalzox: 12:26am On Jan 11, 2010
these guys u mentioned are cool but u missed someonr they all respect, VECTOR chechk uim out on facebook, vector tha viper,

Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by lalaboi(m): 12:31am On Jan 11, 2010
jamalzox:

these guys u mentioned are cool but u missed someonr they all respect, VECTOR chechk uim out on facebook, vector tha viper,

Absocrackinglutely!. . .vector
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by tosinaded(m): 3:32pm On Jan 11, 2010
Cartiair has been blowing my mind i swear to God!!!!

Vector is the shiznit

whizkid aint too sure yet, but guy is still young
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by emarketer1: 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2010
lalaboi:

Cartiair. . . .Am not feeling!

Fecko!. . .Def
Skales! most def!
Whizkid! most def
Teeto! Absolutely!. . . .

Proto nko? this dude is extra sick!!

Well said! Do you have any link to Proto's mixtape or single? Only heard him once on eLDee's 'Big Boy' remix.
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by emarketer1: 1:50pm On Feb 11, 2010
New tracks by Fecko Tha Emcee

Track 1> OVERKILLIN' FREESTYLE http://plunder.com/ba6814298b
Track 2> LET'S GO THERE http://plunder.com/efb7d03ab0
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by Genuflect(m): 2:03pm On Feb 11, 2010
I downloaded that Overkillin freestyle by Fecko yesterday and damn was I disappointed
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by lalaboi(m): 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2010
Genuflect:

I downloaded that Overkillin freestyle by Fecko yesterday and damn was I disappointed

He freestyled the 1st verse. . . Nothing dissapointing
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by Genuflect(m): 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2010
Omo, me I wasn't impressed. After all the hype I've heard guys give the dude
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by emarketer1: 6:45pm On Feb 12, 2010
Genuflect:

Omo, me I wasn't impressed. After all the hype I've heard guys give the dude

Would love to hear you freestyle someday man.  Just curious! Besides I don't think Fecko was freestyling to impress anybody, he was only having fun in the vocal booth.
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by emarketer1: 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2010
lalaboi:

He freestyled the 1st verse. . .  Nothing dissapointing

Word! Actually, everything was a freestyle. I was in the studio when he recorded the joint.
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by Genuflect(m): 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2010
e-marketer, you want to hear me freestyle? When I spit frees, I'm actually good please believe it. Fecko is a lyricist and I expected more. If D'Prince did this track, I wouldn't really be disappointed. But this is Fecko na, he is supposed to be above par. Didn't you see the description from the download site. The person wrote 'he murdered it literally', would you honestly agree with the cat who typed that?
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by emarketer1: 8:11pm On Feb 12, 2010
Genuflect, did you listen to some of his lines at all? Perhaps, you couldn't De-cipher 'em! By the way, just heard your track on Plunder. Nice one, but you have to step up your flows. You see, rapping is not all about spitting punchlines, metaphors and stuff. But it's how well you spit those punchlines, multies or whatever it is you're spitting. Except for saliva though.  grin
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by craze: 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2010
Dunno about the freestyle but I think Fecko murdered the second track. I like what he did on that 'World Tour' instrumental. Very creative indeed!!
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by Genuflect(m): 8:32pm On Feb 12, 2010
Honestly, I'm starting to feel like we listened to different trax. But it's all good sha. Thanx for your comments on ma song, by the way. I respect your views. You need to start respecting mine
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by craze: 8:37pm On Feb 12, 2010
Meanwhile, who's heard Proto's new single on Notjustok?
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by emarketer1: 8:43pm On Feb 12, 2010
Genuflect:

Honestly, I'm starting to feel like we listened to different trax. But it's all good sha. Thanx for your comments on ma song, by the way. I respect your views. You need to start respecting mine

You're welcome! But you need to start carving your own niche too.

craze:

Meanwhile, who's heard Proto's new single on Notjustok?

Yep, heard his song man. It's really cool! Proto is the shiznit!
Re: CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! by Genuflect(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2010
Which Proto song?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Song Makes Me Wet. / DOWNLOAD MP3: Davido Ft. Cardi B – Fall (remix) / Yemi Alade: "Sugar And Spice" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.