Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk (52263 Views)

Churchill says he honored Tonto with marriage in interview that led to outburst / Pictures Of Mr Eazi On Uk's Channel 4 Sunday Brunch Programme / 4 Nigerian Female Celebrities That Have Hot Abs (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Temysteve(m): 10:40am On Apr 15, 2017
lovelygurl:
Loooool grin
Wow he is really good, I mean normally you know it when someone is faking an accent but this is really good. He only has mini slight Nigerian accent in it shocked
BUT DUDE THIS IS NOT COOL
I do understand that he wants his music to be known worldwide BUT you can also do that by being proud of who you are! Why faking it?!
First he dyed his hair blonde, then faked his accent. Next will be blue eyes and bleached skin :-
YOU CAN NEVER BE THEM! Be proud of who you are! That's the only why you can be the best. Who else can be better than you if you are being yourself
do you expect him to go for international interview like that and speak yoruba?? Naija pple don tire me sha, if he speak his local dialect u guyz will saw 'he's not even tushh @ll despite his ego in the industry'' now he speak the accent the british nd Nigerian can relate too nd u're here critisizing him that he's fake.. God go help u with this hatred that is not progressing u ooo.
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 15, 2017
`

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Justdare: 10:47am On Apr 15, 2017
British accent or not, this guy's all grown mheen.
Big ups Wiz"man"
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by OKorowanta: 10:47am On Apr 15, 2017
I watched it and was very impressed with his smooth accent.
I never knew dat dude can speak class English like dis.
What dis judea judas should be surprised about was Wizkid's swift transformation to dat accent.
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 15, 2017
Wiz Boy mixed British, American and Nigerian accent together......... He is amazing, better than I thought. All thanks to weed and crack though, he has gone spiritual.

But then, its all love. Love and more love.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Omoluabi16(m): 10:55am On Apr 15, 2017
lovelygurl:

Lol the Russian accent is really funny. They always roll their 'r' like rrrrrrrrrrr, they love rrrrrrroling it grin
The russians and germans are certainly long lost brethren.
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 15, 2017
Niseed:
I find this his new accent and persona very false and pretentious and this is what our problem is in Nigeria, always quick to distance ourselves from where we come from once we see white people or see a little bit of money.

there's a difference between speaking clearly enough for your intended audience to understand and faking a combination of 3 fake accents because you want to show you have arrived.

can you imagine how stupid a French person will sound trying to put on an American/English accent ? this is exactly what wizkid is doing.

I was born and lived the best part of 17 years in the .uk and I don't have a fake accent, same goes for my siblings.

this young man goes for less than 6 months and develops a 3 way accent. I cringed when I saw that Glo advert on tv.

Anyway, whatever works for him sha
Nigerians musicians love to live the fake life.
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by ebuclassic18(m): 11:15am On Apr 15, 2017
if he didn't speak well problem people can jealous

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 15, 2017
Omoluabi16:
The russians and germans are certainly long lost brethren.

Hahaha lo ;Dl. I'd say the Polish and Russians are. Then the Germans and French although this was not the case in the past. Germans are definitely closer to the French than Russians
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by pojophilius(m): 11:16am On Apr 15, 2017
u funny bro...wizzy is into trap music this days,try nd understand biko,even colby o donis wey be indian change am to full american accent...u cnt expect him to sound like terryg nd davido na.u r influenced by who u roll with....
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by ashewoboy(m): 11:27am On Apr 15, 2017
repogirl:
Wouldnt call it British accent, fusion of naija phonetics with American and some British. Its very clear and easy to follow. Shows he's really smart, to have adapted this way.

Anyway he was never bad with English before. If it were Olajumoke the exbreadseller, I woulda been really impressed.

you have bad mouth. reply my mail na.
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Omoluabi16(m): 11:29am On Apr 15, 2017
lovelygurl:

Hahaha lo ;Dl. I'd say the Polish and Russians are. Then the Germans and French although this was not the case in the past. Germans are definitely closer to the French than Russians
I agree dear. ukraine, belarus, russia poland, slovakia et.al France and germany may be neighbours as per the map of europe, but I think they differ. Names, languages and the culture itself. I dare say the french are closer to the uk in lifestyle. But then what do I know? you're zë german here
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by ExInferis(m): 11:35am On Apr 15, 2017
A Nigerian musician talking about the beauty of africa is talking in a weird accent that's part british, part canadian, and part american.

The irony.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Spidermon: 11:38am On Apr 15, 2017
Wizkid didn't over do anything.

It is all just Twitter bants.

Plus people are hungry and angry mehn.
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Niseed(m): 11:50am On Apr 15, 2017
ExInferis:
A Nigerian musician talking about the beauty of africa is talking in a weird accent that's part british, part canadian, and part american.

The irony.

well said bro, you nailed it

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2017
DeBlessedOne:
Somebody will trow spit, Nigerians will react. Another person will step on the spit, Nigerians will react! Buhari create Job opportunities abeg!
They will react for the job creation too
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by deleo16(m): 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
skitkid2:

Why don't you type in Yoruba or Igbo?
Is English yours?

You sound so dumb with this comment.

This is exactly why we are behind,
exactly no wonder China is ahead of us
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Smooyis(m): 12:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
allrightsir:

but do they bother? instead you are fighting over yourselves to sound like them.....have some pride!!! be proud of who you are and stop trying to be what you are not.

The success that whizkid is enjoying is because he is selling "Afrobeat" something different to the world and the idiots starts speaking like a whiteman,.....The irony is obviously lost on you people? the world is embracing you because you are different and then you go trying to be like them. Poverty of the mind is a serious disease.
The question is was he addressing Nigerian audience? The situation would have been different if he was being interviewed on AIT, or TVC or any local journalist. If he had spoken Nigerian accent, do you think the journalist interviewing him would have understood 50% of his response.
Abeg free the guy. shocked
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2017
Omoluabi16:
I agree dear. ukraine, belarus, russia poland, slovakia et.al France and germany may be neighbours as per the map of europe, but I think they differ. Names, languages and the culture itself. I dare say the french are closer to the uk in lifestyle. But then what do I know? you're zë german here

They all have different cultures but the UK is very different than other UK countries. They never really fitted into the European Union or they never wanted to. They love doing their own thing lol.

Germany has its own culture, France its own and the UK its own, they are all just bonded by the the foundation Karl der Große laid for them
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Quinn22(f): 12:38pm On Apr 15, 2017
Why wizkid dey form? I am not understanding
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by skillz111(m): 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2017
Well my own opinion is wizkid accent has really dropped he speaks way better than this so what is the fuss all about
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2017
realestniggah:
they still had to give him subtitle
lmao! , subtitle!
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by ChristoPrex(f): 12:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
easyfem:

Seriously , job is wat we need ... There z notin bad in wat he said and i think i enjoy the guy flow even though im not his fan ....buari nees to do something bcoz flat head pple no dey c somethinh good again oooo
*ѕєяισυѕℓу... ι'м иαт нιѕ fαи тσσ... ι нανєи'т єνєи ωαт¢нє∂ тнє νι∂єσ уєт, вυт ι ωαℓкє∂ ιи ѕσмєωнєяє тσ вυу ѕσмєтнιиg αи∂ нє ωαѕ тαℓкιиg σи тν... нιѕ иιgєяια' α¢¢єит ιѕ ρяєтту ¢σσℓ тσσ... αи∂ ωнσ киσωѕ... нє ¢συℓ∂ вє тαℓкιиg ℓιкє тнαт αмσиg нιѕ fяιєи∂ѕ... ρєσρℓє тαℓк ℓιкє иιgєяια ∂σєѕи'т нανє αи α¢¢єит... ωє ѕρєαк(ι ѕнσυℓ∂ ѕαу ωяιтє ¢σѕ ωє яєαℓℓу ∂σи'т ѕρєαк ιт ℓιкє тнє вяιтιѕн ρєσρℓє ∂σ) вяιтιѕн єиgℓιѕн, ωє gσт συя єиgℓιѕн fяσм υк... вυт ωє ∂σи'т ѕρєαк ιт ℓιкє тнєу ѕρєαк ιт, ωє ѕρσιℓт ιт αи∂ fσямє∂ συя σωи α¢¢єит fяσм ιт... нανє уσυ єνєя нєαя∂ тнєм ¢σмρℓαιи αвσυт ιт σя ωнι¢н σиє σf уσυ нανє ¢σмρℓαιиє∂ σя єνєи тнσυgнт αвσυт ιт*
*ι нανє αи α¢¢єит тσσ.... αмєяι¢αи тσ вє ρяє¢ιѕє... вυт ι тяу му вєѕт тσ ѕυρρяєѕѕ ιт ωнєи тαℓкιиg вυт ιт ¢αи ѕтιℓℓ вє иσтι¢є∂... вυт ωнєи ωιтн му fяιєи∂ѕ σя мαувє тιρѕу ι gσ fυℓℓ ѕρєє∂... ¢σѕ αт тнαт тιмє ι ∂σи'т ¢αяє αи∂ ιт ʝυѕт ¢σмєѕ συт... ι σи¢є υѕє∂ тσ ¢αяє ωнαт ρєσρℓє ѕαу вυт иσω ωнαтєνєя тнєу ѕαу αвσυт му α¢¢єит ι ʝυѕт ѕαу "gσσ∂ fσя мє" ¢σѕ ιт'ѕ му вυѕιиєѕѕ αи∂ му вυѕιиєѕѕ αℓσиє... ιf му fαмιℓу ιѕ σкαу ωιтн ιт... ωну ѕнσυℓ∂ ι ¢αяє αвσυт αиуσиє єℓѕє*
*ι'м иαт ѕαуιиg fαкє αи α¢¢єит... вυт ιf уσυ нαρρєи тσ ¢нαиgє уσυя α¢¢єит σf ωαит тσ... ι ∂σи'т ѕєє тнє вιg ∂єαℓ ιи ιт...*
*иσ мαттєя ωнαт уσυ gυуѕ ѕαу ιf нє ωαитѕ тσ кєєρ нє α¢¢єит нє ωιℓℓ уσυ ωσи'т нσℓ∂ нιѕ мσυтн σя ¢нαиgє тнє α¢¢єит fσя нιм тσ ѕρєαк ωнєиєνєя нє ωαитѕ тσ... нє αℓσиє ¢αи ¢σитяσℓ ιт.*
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
`

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by mikolo80: 1:57pm On Apr 15, 2017
mykeljosef:
sounding like a broken record

he's trying to balance British ,white American and Australian accent together

but wetyn consign me

Ezzatly. what do you expect Wizkid fans to know the difference? he don blow he don blow
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by absool(m): 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
First of I THINK WIZKID HAS STOPPED BLEACHING HE IS NOW LOOKING DARKER
SECONDLY WHEN DUDE HAD H FACTOR WE ALL INSULTED HIM NOW THAT HE IS SPEAKING CLEAN ENGLISH WE CAUSE HIM NA WA O MIND YOU HIS PRODUCER LEGENDURY BEATZ HAVE BRITISH ACCENT EVEN HIS MANAGERS ARE BRITISH WHAT DO YOU THINK HE USE TO TOAST JUSTINE SKYE
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by InvertedHammer: 2:39pm On Apr 15, 2017
/
He sounds very Nigerian.

What accent?
/
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by bolayei: 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2017
Smooyis:

Is English our language? I know if you see any oyinbo speaking any of our local languages you will be happy.
If you are Nigerian, then yes English is your language.
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Litmus: 4:30pm On Apr 15, 2017
bolayei:

How is it rubbish?
What is a Nigeria accent?
What is the nigerian language?
The guy just spoke in English without adding yoruba, ibo or hausa accent.
You need to hear tafawa balewa speak.
Nigerians are meant to speak in English but in village accent?

Ghetto mentality.

It's a British/USA youth thing derived from the West Indian community and a devastating attitude that I’d hoped would never reach Nigeria. At it’s height, many aspirational black kids lost their lives to Ne'er-do-well kids that effectively glamourized failure. You became FAKE for studying, speaking well, going to school and wanting to go to university. It was an ignorant-arrogant attitude that supposed all blacks belong to a ghetto class and anything else was pretentious.

I know the attdtude well and will touch on it one of these days...

It is/was a dying attitude thanks to Tony Blaire’S Labour Party that made access to university and betterment open to all. Subsequently many Caribbean kids are going to university and those that have been are raising better kids. But the Conservatives’ may reverse the trend.
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by princemartinsG(m): 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2017
Whizzy

You are the god of afro hiphop reincarnate
As you stated, nothing is going on in naija and the music is really giving the people relieve from the myriad of problems

For this, kindly be naija

Sell this your brand to the world in a Nigerian style

So your large fan will want to emulate the naija thing a far as music is concerned

So far so good
KUDOS
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by UncleJJ(m): 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
Re: Wizkid's Accent In Interview With UK’s Channel 4, Nigerian Twitter Goes Berserk by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2017
I watched the video on YouTube, no matter how hard he tries to fake his accent, I could still hear his Nigeria accent coming in the way, and what's with the "I'm like. like, like, he kept saying ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Meggy Linus, New Akwa Ibom Teen Queen, She Replaces Abasiodiong Eyo Inyang / Adams Oshiomhole Dressing Timaya Up Properly (Photos) / Anita Joseph And Uriel Oputa In Cleavage-Baring Bikini & Swimsuit Beside A Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.