Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

How To Get I.T Placement In Banks - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Get I.T Placement In Banks (3847 Views)

How Much Does Entry-level Procurement Officer Earn In Banks / Do Outsourcing Firms Recruit Full Staffs In Banks? / Lady Gets An Internship Placement In Deloitte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by ehSKay(m): 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
Please I need your views and ideas about banks and how much they pay I.T students. Thanks
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by MARX77(m): 1:57pm On Apr 15, 2017
Just locate the bank's headquarter and inquire if dey accept I.T. students.If dey do,then ask 4 d application process.
GTB-40K
FCMB-30K
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by ehSKay(m): 5:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
MARX77:
Just locate the bank's headquarter and inquire if dey accept I.T. students.If dey do,then ask 4 d application process.
GTB-40K
FCMB-30K
Tanx a lot, i rily apreciate
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by MARX77(m): 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
ehSKay:
Tanx a lot, i rily apreciate
Ya welcome.Lemme get 2 knw u cos i'm also an I.T student 4rm Uniben.Hv applied in a few coy but notin yet.
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by ehSKay(m): 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2017
MARX77:

Ya welcome.Lemme get 2 knw u cos i'm also an I.T student 4rm Uniben.Hv applied in a few coy but notin yet.
Am an I.T student 4rm fed poly ede, dept of statistics

1 Like

Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by Horpsy17(m): 6:49am On Apr 16, 2017
ehSKay:
Am an I.T student 4rm fed poly ede, dept of statistics
from ede too...com sci department
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by ehSKay(m): 7:12am On Apr 16, 2017
Horpsy17:
from ede too...com sci department
From ur pix, i knw u. hw is lyf

1 Like

Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 16, 2017
If you know someone in GTB, preferably the Operations Head, HR, Manager grin _it's as simple as telling him or her you want to do IT. This is the easiest way to get the IT placement. Yes, they actually pay 40k. Every bulk teller in GTB nationwide is an IT. Then few in customer service.

If you don't know anyone, walk into any branch and politely request to see the Operations Head. If they have space _they will consider you. They actually prefer Poly students, you guys get to stay longer (1year).

I think this should apply to any other bank that accepts IT students.

4 Likes

Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by MARX77(m): 8:54am On Apr 16, 2017
PaperLace:
If you know someone in GTB, preferably the Operations Head, HR, Manager grin _it's as simple as telling him or her you want to do IT. This is the easiest way to get the IT placement. Yes, they actually pay 40k. Every bulk teller in GTB nationwide is an IT. Then few in customer service.

If you don't know anyone, walk into any branch and politely request to see the Operations Head. If they have space _they will consider you. They actually prefer Poly students, you guys get to stay longer (1year).

I think this should apply to any other bank that accepts IT students.
I've gone to GTB HQ at VI and i wz told i can't see the HR personnel,though i spoke with him on d telephone;he just asked me 2 drop my CV and dey wud get back 2 me.I have been waitin for more than 3 weeks nw yet no call or mail.Pls do u knw hw one can meet him in person or hw one can book an appointment wit him?
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by Horpsy17(m): 9:16am On Apr 16, 2017
ehSKay:
From ur pix, i knw u. hw is lyf
\

fyn bro.
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by MARX77(m): 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2017
@eshkay,hw far wit ur applicatn?
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by adewalemikel(m): 1:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
Am tired of setting at home ooo. I can't find were to do my I T
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
MARX77:

I've gone to GTB HQ at VI and i wz told i can't see the HR personnel,though i spoke with him on d telephone;he just asked me 2 drop my CV and dey wud get back 2 me.I have been waitin for more than 3 weeks nw yet no call or mail.Pls do u knw hw one can meet him in person or hw one can book an appointment wit him?
IT recruitment is now decentralised in GTB (i.e) handled by individual branches/HOPs.

Considering the fact that the HR doesn't know you personally, he may not sign guarantor form for you. The HOP might not sign too _lest you steal and they come for him/her. Though there is provision for (2)external guarantors, internal is easier to confirm, thus preferable. So, they tend to take more ITs based on internal referrals. They also take randomly o, when other options have been exhausted.

I don't know how else you can contact him dear, but your best bet now is to walk into any branch and approach the HOP. If there is available vacancy and your grade/appearance is impressive, you might/will be called.
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by ehSKay(m): 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
@MARX77, I already gav d pesin i knw @ gtb buh yet 2 b cald 4 almost 5 wiks nw, my plan is 2 go 2 oda banks tho i dnt av any1 wrkin dia, i liv in kano. tnx
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by MARX77(m): 2:43pm On Apr 16, 2017
ehSKay:
@MARX77, I already gav d pesin i knw @ gtb buh yet 2 b cald 4 almost 5 wiks nw, my plan is 2 go 2 oda banks tho i dnt av any1 wrkin dia, i liv in kano. tnx
Hmm,far away kano.Try FCMB,I also applied der though no call yet.
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by ehSKay(m): 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
Ok. No prob
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by MARX77(m): 3:07pm On Apr 16, 2017
@paperLace,tanks alot 4 ur detailed info.U seem to knw abt it.I truly apprc8.
Re: How To Get I.T Placement In Banks by khalazi: 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2018
How far? Who later got the placement...? Considering interning at a bank

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy For A Sales Logistics Assistant At Bosch Africa / The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates / My Experience In Today's NBC Test By Dragnet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.