Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

$43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi (31354 Views)

Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Rotimi Amaechi Owns The $43m Found In Ikoyi Flat" / National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

$43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Urukpe: 7:11pm On Apr 15, 2017
Minister of Transportation and immediate past Governor of Rivers State , Mr . Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, has denied ownership of the $ 43 m found in a luxury apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos .
The former governor of Rivers State also denied any link with the house as well.
He said he has no business , link or connection to the money or property and that he does not know who owns the money or the apartment.
He also dismissed the claims by his successor , Mr . Nyesom Wike that the money belongs to him (Amaechi) .
Wike had alleged at a press conference on Friday night , that “ the money in question belongs to the former Rivers State Governor , Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi. ”
He also insinuated that the “ houses’” in Ikoyi equally belong to the former governor Amaechi.
In a statement released by his Media Office in Abuja on Saturday, Amaechi described the claims as malicious , frivolous and another failed attempt by Wike to divert attention from the mess he has created in Rivers State.
According to the statement , “ Wike has stolen Rivers State dry . Wike and his gang have frittered billions of naira of Rivers people money away .
“ Rivers State is perpetually in crisis , the state in a mess as Wike has made a total mess of governance in the State . That child who sits there as governor is confused, he doesn ’ t know what to do . Wike ’ s only solution is to attack Amaechi.
“ Since he became governor, Wike sleeps and wakes up every day , with a sole , one - point agenda to attack and denigrate Rotimi Amaechi, no matter how ridiculous and silly he sounds .
“ Everyday in Rivers State , there is one frivolous, false story of what Amaechi did or didn ’ t do . Same pattern , the same blatant lies with no proof, same old concocted stories of corruption allegations against Amaechi told with different flavours.
“ At this rate, if Wike is unable to perform his spousal duties , he will blame it on Amaechi. Yes , that ’ s how despicably low he can go in his consuming fixation to throw mud at Amaechi. ”
“ This latest outburst by Wike is typical of him . We are aware that Wike first tried to float the fake news of Amaechi’ s ownership of the recovered $ 43 million and the Ikoyi house in the social media using his minions and lackeys , spending huge sums of Rivers money on the failed project.
“ His minions and lackeys were calling journalists , bloggers and media organisations to run the fake story with promises of almost irresistible mouth- watering compensation for using the fake story.
“ When that failed and the story didn ’ t gain traction that was when Wike decided to hurriedly hold the press conference Friday night , to rant and spew his outright lies , yet again without providing any proof of Amaechi’ s ownership of both the property and the money . ”
“ For clarity and emphasis , Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi is not the owner of the $ 43 million and the Ikoyi apartment in which the money was recovered from . Amaechi has no business , link or connection to the money or property . Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi does not know who owns the money or Ikoyi apartment. ”
Amaechi described Wike ’ s malicious allegation of corruption against Amaechi in the sale of the Gas Turbines as not new .
He said that the false claim had been punctured repeatedly with facts and evidence of the transfer payments for the power plants into Rivers State government accounts by Sahara Energy .
He said , “The records of how the funds were spent and what it was spent on are in the records of the State government . Amaechi has absolutely no business or any interest whatsoever in Sahara Energy. The company was already a thriving business concern before Amaechi’ s emergence as governor of Rivers State in 2007 .
“ We urge all right - thinking members of the public to completely disregard all the false , politically motivated no -proof claims by Nyesom Wike and his minions as it concerns Amaechi and the $ 43 million and Ikoyi property .
“ The false accusations by Wike is purely diversionary , a political smear campaign against Amaechi by Wike , while he steals Rivers State blind . The fake claims is a figment of the imagination of Wike , an ignoble fellow who ’ s so reckless , irresponsible , and disgraceful , and has debased the high office he holds in trust for the people.
“ Wike is a rabble - rouser and should not be taken seriously. He has made several false claims like this in the recent past and never went the whole length to prove it because he had no proof.
“ Many would recall how Wike was screaming all over national television stations just before the Rivers State legislative Rerun elections that he had an explosive video , containing earth -shaking revelations and he would show the video on national TV . Till date , no video , just talk and talk, telling more and more lies . ”
He challenged Wike to charge him to court if he has any shred of evidence that the money belongs to Rivers State and was kept in the Ikoyi apartment by him .
“ But like his numerous frivolous accusations in the past, we know he won ’ t go to court . He has nothing to substantiate his blatant lies . This Wike ’ s recent tale like his previous ones is a big sham , a disgraceful political drama , and a campaign of calumny to defame and destroy the sterling reputation of Rotimi Amaechi. This is now Wike ’ s sole life ambition, ” he added.
He urged Nigerians to note that “ Wike ’ s reckless, irresponsible and fictitious tirade against the President Buhari administration at his media briefing of Friday” was a declaration of war against the Federal Government.

http://punchng.com/43m-found-in-lagos-home-not-mine-says-amaechi/

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by madridguy(m): 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2017
DEATH PENALTY IS THE ONLY WAY OUT.

36 Likes

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by sarrki(m): 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2017
Abeh who con get that money ?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Goahead(m): 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
grin
Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Mynd44: 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
“ At this rate, if Wike is unable to perform his spousal duties , he will blame it on Amaechi. Yes , that ’ s how despicably low he can go in his consuming fixation to throw mud at Amaechi. ”

Lmaoooo.

Nigerian politicians are insane

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by sarrki(m): 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
Our society as failed

The truth is we have all failed

We celebrate this criminals as leaders

Under the guise if religious, tribe, party and ethnic beliefs

But they steal and loot us dry on the assurance that there followers will support them

We have all failed

But we can make it right by voting right in 2019

From ward level to the federal level

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by seunmsg(m): 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
No reasonable person believed Wike and FFK anyway. PDP members are all shouting Ameachi's name just to muddle up the truth behind the money. Jonathan in his usual corrupt ways gave the money to NIA and also approved that it should be kept in a secret apartment under the guise of covert operation. The bulk of the money was used to finance the 2015 election and what EFCC discovered is just the left over.

President Buhari should immediately commission a special panel of inquiry to investigate the discovery thoroughly. The death of Obuah, GEJ's chief security officer from heart attack after the discovery was announced says it all. I have a deep feeling that GEJ and some of his PDP loyalist still have access to the money till it was eventually discovered by EFCC.

79 Likes 14 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by donmalcolm21(m): 7:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
The way ndi Yoruba are defending Amaechi is mind boggling. How can a so so called Known Criminal be made aa Saint by some peeps above me who don't know where Rivers state is

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
If only Amaechi said same thing to Lai when he blames GEJ for everything.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by donmalcolm21(m): 7:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
seunmsg:
No reasonable person believed Wike anyway.
You mean BMC crew who are the most gullible in Nigeria

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by GodProtectIgbox(f): 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
abeg somebody should help me and ask dat guy abi na lady called Ngeneukwu whether she get shame atol

Ameachi thief dey should arrest him and his girlfriend

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
damn. so you mean that wike is a one minute man he is never late. i.e he cums quick grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
Nigerians have really suffered... In a country of 190+mn people the best we have to offer is a recycling plant of riffraffs and "messiahs".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by rozayx5(m): 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
undecided

thief ole ole ole

return rivers money

why has efcc been silent on the owner after discovery

why is the owner of the flat anonymous 48 hours later

idiots with their one sided anti corruption comedy without results

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by oladedeb: 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
This one weak me abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
PDP members are terrorist so ignore them

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by wunmi590(m): 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
Lol, though I never bothered to read the statement.

But the heading of the news got me laughing loud.

But both of you are ole buruku grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
Sanpona lo ma PA iwo Ole yi.
Apari oshi! omi nikun ewa!!

3 Likes

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by snezBaba: 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
If Wike Is Unable To Perform His Spousal Duties , He Will Blame Me - Amaechi

Wawu...Didnt know our politicians are also good in dropping punchlines...

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by thinkdip(m): 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
Mr man clear your name and stop saying rubish

7 Likes

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Adeshinajamiu98(m): 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
I beging to see this government from another angle because if it was b4 they would have say the owner but now while no name mention? They were inform bfore going for this operation of so so building own be so so person is werehousing so so money and they went on operation now they cannot mention the owner beside Mr President too doesnt have interest in knowing the owner rather he said the money should be move to cbn. Pls who are we fighting the corruption with now?

9 Likes

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by ephi123(f): 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2017

Very petty statement.

Shady thieves all of them. They should throw themselves under the bus, we will be watching and cheering from the sidelines.

SO WHO OWNS THIS MONEY?!!

11 Likes

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2017
nonsense

2 Likes

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2017
Lol, we all know how useless Wike is, an agbero area boy...... Rotimi, the lion that defeated Jona, Patience and the thieving gangs, notin do you. We are always behind you my Honourable Minister.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by donmalcolm21(m): 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2017
Mynd44:

Lmaoooo.

Nigerian politicians are insane
That's a line that was used by NOI aide against Oshiomole

Amaechi is even stealing people statement. Though plagiarism is in APC blood

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by obailala(m): 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2017
Lol...
Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Judolisco(m): 7:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
If Buhari is not able to perform he will blame jona lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Raintaker(m): 7:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
sarrki:
Our society as failed

The truth is we have all failed

We celebrate this criminals as leaders

Under the guise if religious, tribe, party and ethnic beliefs

But they steal and loot us dry on the assurance that there followers will support them

We have all failed

But we can make it right by voting right in 2019

From ward level to the federal level
Who hacked your account?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by ladesson(m): 7:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
both letter w n r are madt.

2 Likes

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
FG should pay Wike his commission for a job well done

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi by seunlayi(m): 7:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
Moral of the whole thing is that PDP was corrupt while Apc are stealing

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? / ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun / Ifeanyi Uba's Diversion of N11bn Fuel Is Punishable By Death -DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.