Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel (24356 Views)

Mexican Drug Cartel Mistakenly Sent ₦1.6b Meth To 13 Canadian Ford Dealerships / What Happens And What To Do When You Mistakenly Put The Wrong Fuel In Your Car? / I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by AutoJoshNG: 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2017
Nigerians O Nigerians,my ever unique and mysterious people.Drop that hose you about to suck from and read this .

Though this is not common to only Nigerians ,we do it a lot ,even in situations that does not warrant it.So what if you mistakenly swallow fuel,what should you do ?.

Before I get into this ,know that swallowing fuel can cause various things including loss of vision.

Lets get right in !

1.Be Calm
When this happens be calm , don’t panic unnecessarily .Just be calm and go to where there is fresh air and take deep calm breaths.

2. Don’t Try To Induce Vomiting
Induced or forced vomiting can actually do more harm than good as they can cause harm to the lungs ,so don’t try to induce vomiting .

3.Take Water
Drink enough clean water ,don’t rush ,just do it calmly.Some doctors advice you should take juice.I would not advice Nigerians to take juice or any other beverage due to the recent confusion on drinks we should take and shouldn’t .One of them starts with “F” and another recently discovered starts with “L” .

Don’t drink milk or even alcohol just water would be fine.

4.Don’t Smoke Or Take Alcohol
Well, this is self explanatory except you want a mini nuclear apocalypse to take place .And this is not just immediately ,avoid it for as long as 72 hours if possible for longer.

5.Go To The Hospital
Just to be on a safe side ,get yourself checked and fixed up by a trained personnel as soon as possible.This is definitely not a time to take any “agbo” or see any herbalist.Go to a real hospital !.

Next time just use a siphon and not your mouth.

Did you find this interesting ?

Lets know your thoughts in the comments below .

Also don’t forget to download our app and subscribe to our newsletter.

I have more awesome articles coming up !.

References

http://www.nytimes.com/health/guides/poison/fuel-oil/overview.html

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002895.htm

http://www.wikihow.com/Help-Someone-Who-Has-Swallowed-Gasoline

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/mistakenly-swallow-fuel/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by menstrualpad: 7:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
This is Nigeria.... You can even gargle with it. So I should be worried because​ I mistakenly swallowed a little fuel? No way brah!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by Destined2win: 7:35pm On Apr 15, 2017
Fuel wey mechanics dey use wash mouth

169 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by RealHaute: 7:36pm On Apr 15, 2017
Inveterate fuel suckers are very lucky fuel is now unleaded.

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2017
i wonder how those roadside mechanics survive some sips of petrol when dealing with car

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
wetin this OP de talk? angry you drink am, and life goes on grin

22 Likes

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by djPyper: 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
I once swallowed about half a cup of fuel when I was siphoning from a jerry can, I already said my last prayers but I took some milk and water and the next morning I was fine, To God be the glory

14 Likes

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by sultaan(m): 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2017
The fuel and after taste will get out of your system faster if you burn it off grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by obafemee80(m): 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
Thank op
Frequent swallowing of fuel can damage the major organs of the body.
Asthmatic patients and people with breathing problems should not even think of sucking fuel with their mouth even if they are mechanic by profession because it could lead to breathing problems,loss of consciousness and even death.
Pls be warned

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by GetUmad: 11:29pm On Apr 15, 2017
Why shouldn't I swallow it, when just like cow dung e dey make me high

don't ask me how, try am yourself. Start with 1.5 ltrs first then daily increase it.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by lonelydora: 7:12am On Apr 16, 2017
Fear Fear Op. Drink it and assume you have taken vitamin C syrup

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by olafunny(m): 7:19am On Apr 16, 2017
When your village people dey do you na hm u go swallow fuel and start dey smoke grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by Suntemi(m): 7:25am On Apr 16, 2017
Story.

Drink palm oil or cook beans with plenty palm oil if you can't drink raw palm oil.
Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by sakalisis(m): 7:26am On Apr 16, 2017
Good
Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by Earth2Metahuman: 7:27am On Apr 16, 2017
Petrol is full of ethanol just like alcohol
I don't think its that harmful unless you choke on it.

5 Likes

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by Lucasbalo(m): 7:28am On Apr 16, 2017
Anyone who uses his or her mouth to siphon fuel with a hose deserves whatever he/she gets. That's very sickening.
Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by xreal: 7:32am On Apr 16, 2017
Lol @ number 4.
Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by tabontabon: 7:33am On Apr 16, 2017
Please,how much will an original timing belt for toyota camry orobo and tiny cost.

I and my sister keep having a recurrent timing belt shredding/failure with our cars and am suspecting the quality of the timing belts.
GAZZUZZ:
wetin this OP de talk? angry you drink am, and life goes on grin
Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by Ajejeje(m): 7:34am On Apr 16, 2017
grin grin grin na climb road de run you go soon burn am[color=#770077][/color]
Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by maywes(m): 7:34am On Apr 16, 2017
Oga just drink palm oil. Lobatan grin

4 Likes

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by dingbang(m): 7:40am On Apr 16, 2017
Ok. Thank you..

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by Balloo22(m): 7:42am On Apr 16, 2017
who dey fear before. abeg!!'

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 16, 2017
olafunny:
When your village people dey do you na hm u go swallow fuel and start dey smoke grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by Electronzeez(m): 7:45am On Apr 16, 2017
When I was acquiring my mechanic skills ,I mistakenly drank enough fuel and I did not remember taken any of this measure .

Nice work though .

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by legendsilver(m): 7:47am On Apr 16, 2017
I did this just yesterday, na God help me
Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by lumzybo: 7:49am On Apr 16, 2017
4.Don’t Smoke Or Take Alcohol
Well, this is self explanatory except you want a mini nuclear apocalypse to take place .And this is not just immediately ,avoid it for as long as 72 hours if possible for longer.

Any right thinking human that tries the bolded need to av his/her brain checked. I love the way u put it. mini nuclear apocalypse kikikikikiki...
Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by kbams241: 7:49am On Apr 16, 2017
Oga.jxt drink palm oil. U go balance well

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by kbams241: 7:50am On Apr 16, 2017
T
Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:50am On Apr 16, 2017
tabontabon:
Please,how much will an original timing belt for toyota camry orobo and tiny cost.

I and my sister keep having a recurrent timing belt shredding/failure with our cars and am suspecting the quality of the timing belts.

oem 25k. Same belt used on both vehicles
Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by bravomd(m): 7:59am On Apr 16, 2017
maywes:
Oga just drink palm oil. Lobatan grin

Seconded

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by arrestdarrester: 7:59am On Apr 16, 2017
I advise you avoid swallowing fuel as much as possible. Premium Motor Spirit can be absorbed directly from the mouth and if it happens to contain heavy metal like lead its your kidney that tells the story years later. The effect is not always immediate.

Instead of sucking any fluid from the lower end of a hose thereby using negative pressure to get the fuel out, you are better off blowing air into the container at the upper end of the hose using positive pressure to get the fuel out. This method is very easy and very safe too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 16, 2017
arrestdarrester:
I advise you avoid swallowing fuel as much as possible. Premium Motor Spirit can be absorbed directly from the mouth and if it happens to contain heavy metal like lead its your kidney that tells the story years later. The effect is not always immediate.

Instead of sucking any fluid from the lower end of a hose thereby using negative pressure to get the fuel out, you are better off blowing air into the container at the upper end of the hose using positive pressure to get the fuel out. This method is very easy and very safe too.
pls have you done it before? did it work?

(1) (2) (Reply)

38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties / Ghastly Accident Claims 3 Lives Along Akure-Owo Road (Photo) / Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.