Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient (25809 Views)

Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) / Yes, It Is Not Impossible. 'AA' Can Marry 'AS' And Give Birth To 'SS' / How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by WebSurfer(m): 11:40pm On Apr 15, 2017
Websufer2:
Based on 32 years experience, Everything horlacanny said is correct. In addition she should avoid stress, cold and malaria whatever it takes. Have good nutrition too. I purposely joined nairaland few minutes ago because of you. Pls do me right away if you can.
God bless you bro, I appreciate alot

1 Like

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by Websufer2: 11:43pm On Apr 15, 2017
B complex and folic acid daily. Can we talk directly, privately?
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by WebSurfer(m): 11:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
Websufer2:
B complex and folic acid daily. Can we talk directly, privately?
i have been very active on this thread since created brooo, please can we chat here ? So that others of same help can learn from it as well

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by Xtfield(m): 11:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
holarcarny:
take these proscription it mighty help you.
1) she should make sure she drink plenty of water under normal circumstances she most take at least 5litters or more than of water everyday.
2) she must less take of anything inform of carbohydrates I.e anything made from cassava ( gari, bread, etc) corn ( semo because of preservative)
3) she must always eat vegetables regularly most especially ugu at least every week .
4) she must avoid any drugs that contains iron most especially blood tonic she should stay from it.
5) she should always takes folic acid and vitamin B complex including Reludrin everyday every evert important.
*** there are some other information I won't be able to pass here ****
if you need more information send me private message I will reply .
In addition, she must
1.be kept away from mosquitoes. This is very crucial. Let her take daily anti-malaria drugs (Paludrin)
2. be kept away from cold. Under no circumstance must she take cold water, drinks etc. She should also avoid cold water bath
3. She must always take plenty of rest. No stress at all. All family members must assist in this regard. If she's a student, she must not read for too long.
I wish I can post my phone number here so you can call me, but scammers everywhere. However, if you PM me, and send your number, I can call you. I have a 16+ year old daughter with the same condition but because my family discovered early when she was three, we have been able to manage her fairly well with little or no crisis. Please do not give up on her. With a lot of care and support, she can live to the fullness of age.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by WebSurfer(m): 11:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
Xtfield:

In addition, she must
1.be kept away from mosquitoes. This is very crucial. Let her take daily anti-malaria drugs (Paludrin)
2. be kept away from cold. Under no circumstance must she take cold water, drinks etc. She should also avoid cold water bath
3. She must always take plenty of rest. No stress at all. All family members must assist in this regard. If she's a student, she must not read for too long.
I wish I can post my phone number here so you can call me, but scammers everywhere. However, if you PM me, and send your number, I can call you. I have a 16+ year old daughter with the same condition but because my family discovered early when she was three, we have been able to manage her fairly well with little or no crisis. Please do not give up on her. With a lot of care and support, she can live to the fullness of age.
Oh thank you very much, we do similar things with her too, no work or stress at all in the house and will inform them about the above Aforementioned

1 Like

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by NevetsIbot(m): 11:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
Warrior07:
Google solamin and esomoron, Cellod-s, Niprisan, etc. These drugs helps to reduce crises to the barest minimum. Its well.
I was abt to mention this.....
Op, let yur sis eat fruits daily...
She'll be okay. I really feel for these people ahswr. Last time I saw someone like that in agony, I cried.

Rip Sukanmi. Sjc old boys will forever miss you bro. #tears

1 Like

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by Websufer2: 11:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
I am not sure we are having an exclusive conversation.I wish to send you an email or call you right now.
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by Numericals: 11:57pm On Apr 15, 2017
Quick recovery IJN
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by eodavids(m): 12:00am On Apr 16, 2017
eoadeniji:

6. She should register in an hospital and be regular on follow up.
6. In addition to this she should use insecticide treated net to prevent mosquito bites
7. There are special vaccines for SS patients especially against encapsulated organisms e.g salmonella, the vaccine is calles PCV- pneumococcal conjugate vaccine
8. She should regular do doppler ultrsound of the vessels in the brain to asses risk of stroke. This is done in an hospital.
9. Should avoid extremew of temprratures, heat, cold

You are really good in knowledge of how to manage SS patient.
Are a Doc?

I thought I know much but from you post, I may not have remembered the much you added

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by samclnt(m): 12:07am On Apr 16, 2017
Nothin is more painful than that
IlorinFinest:
it's really sad seeing someone you love suffer and you can do little or nothing to take away their pains. Sorry bro

Sissy3, dominique
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by Websufer2: 12:14am On Apr 16, 2017
ok! Pretty everything everyone said could be helpful but note, she should avoid self medication and she can take carbohydrates but should avoid over eating, and eating late cos of constipation and something about liver, a kind of crisis.ppl experience the crisis differently so try not to compare her with others. She should avoid all types of washing. Clothes etc.
Buy a least a crate of egg for her monthly. Studying too hard can be counter productive. Emphasise her strengths in her presence and ignore her weaknesses and seeming "selfishness". Apitherapy is quite, unbelievably efficacious but painful.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by STANSURE: 12:53am On Apr 16, 2017
I recommend the healing school of CHRIST EMBASSY, God is really using Pastor Chris Oyakhilome to restore his people back to him that HIM God is too faithful to fail.Look forward to Healing Session this JUNE 2017.God can change ur sister's genotype is you believe
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by Steady40: 1:28am On Apr 16, 2017
An SS genotype carrier ocan live a stable life if well cared for based on adequate information .the drugs recommended by holarcarny do work however the girl should be taken to a Haematologist .

I advise that she be taken to a Haematologist or a doctor that has knowlege and experience treating sickle cell patients.
If you are in lagos take her to the SIckle Cell Foundation Center opposite LUTH Idi-araba .The family and the girl will be given some counselling and connected with Doctors skilled in the treatment/management of SS patients

As a quick remedy to reduce crisis
1.Avoid mosquito bites , infections.,
2.Take plenty of water daily at least 5liters
3 Be on routine medication of folic acid, B-complex .

Least I forget she those to take blook tonic,, the Iron what she requires is lots of fruit .
With the right management of her status , crisis level will reduce .

if you so wish to interact and share ideas on the management of your sister condition please be free to contact me privately

1 Like

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by 9jatatafo(m): 1:46am On Apr 16, 2017
Very sorry bro. Don't do self medication please. She will make it
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by Dnockeror333(m): 3:46am On Apr 16, 2017
WebSurfer:
Please i need help on suggestions on how to cope with my sister who happened to be an SS, shes almost 17 now but this frequent illness and blood shortages have always come up from time to time always leaving us in fear due to the height of pains and sorrows my sister pass through each time.

Please help with suggestions because we are really confused on what to do.

We can't afford to loose such a rare gem and the brightest brain in our family.
Let her go if she want to go! But drugs deter...!
Hold our hands, lets go to someone, the medicine of all sickness, the healer of the living, the procurer of the true believers.
Many are sick day in day out, drug here drugs there but the Lord of creation theyed never being to fully,
Stay on your gaurd aginst drugs even Alabukun do not take, stand on Jesus Christ, He will carry u through.
PRAYER IS THE MEDICINE TO WHICH YOU DONT NEED SPEAK AND SPEAK. SPEAK A WORD AND STAND BELIEVING IT!
IT'LL COME TO PASS.
ONLY BLIEVE!
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by Dnockeror333(m): 3:55am On Apr 16, 2017
USE NATURAL POSITIVE CREATIONS OF GOD TO HEAL NAGATIVE CREATIONS LIKE ILLNESS THAT FLIES IN THE WORLD!
IF HOU HAD NO KNOWLEDGES OF HERBS AND LEAVE ORAY TO YOUR CREATOR, OUR CREATOR, HE WILL SHIW YOU, BECAUSE YOU SOUGHT HIM WITH ALL YOUR HEART.
HE WILL ANSWER EVEN TO TGE PONT OF DEATH AND SHOW YOU NARVELOUS THINGS.
EVEN DEATH IS A JOURNEY WITH A DATE OF RETURN! BUT MEN, SEEING DEATH CRIED LIKE ETERNAL PATHING, BUT IF SGE WILL STAY ITS ON YOU, TO PRAY THE LORD OF ALL NATURE:- Lord heal Father your bond maiden, heal Father your creation whom thou had made for a purpose.
STAY HELTHY, STAY CALM. STAY LIVELY. GOD, MY MEDICINE, IS ALL I KNOW.
BLESS YOU.
"""MAY THE LORD OF ALL POWERS GO DOWN NOW AND TAKE HIS RIGHTFUL PLACE IN THE LIFE OF THE 17YR OLD IN THE ALL POWERFUL NANE OF JESUS CHRIST. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by chukist: 3:58am On Apr 16, 2017
So sorry! But fortunately there is a cure ss now. Believe me. Is real. Just hope u can come across it. Inbox me!
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by shadelek(m): 4:09am On Apr 16, 2017
WebSurfer:

Thank you for this post but in question of blood tonic, how does she cope with the blood loss or decrease almost everytime this illness comes up

Sicklavite is the only recommended blood tonic meant for people with SS genotype. The tonic should be consumed within 2 Weeks after Tue first use. Wish I could help but I believe God can do it. Keep praying and hope for the best
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by MrsAnyanwu(f): 5:32am On Apr 16, 2017
kidman96:
Sorry bro.... You should learn from your parents mistakes and never marry without genotype test and advise
i hate rubbish like this, is this the answer to the question he asked, someone needs help and you are talking trash, rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by carlcar2012(f): 5:43am On Apr 16, 2017
WebSurfer:
Please i need help on suggestions on how to cope with my sister who happened to be an SS, shes almost 17 now but this frequent illness and blood shortages have always come up from time to time always leaving us in fear due to the height of pains and sorrows my sister pass through each time.

recently, she got down with malaria again, the doctor always prescribes drugs and all that whenever this happens but recently, she's complaining they are not working.

Please help with suggestions because we are really confused on what to do and cannot become ignorant.

Na your parent I blame, Abeg sometimes death is better than life
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by carlcar2012(f): 5:47am On Apr 16, 2017
holarcarny:
1) she should make sure she drink plenty of water under normal circumstances she most take at least 5litters or more than of water everyday.
2) she must less take of anything inform of carbohydrates I.e anything made from cassava ( gari, bread, etc) corn ( semo because of preservative)
3) she must always eat vegetables regularly most especially ugu at least every week .
4) she must avoid any drugs that contains iron most especially blood tonic she should stay from it.
5) she should always takes folic acid and vitamin B complex including Reludrin everyday every evert important.

You know say you no get brain, so the remaining stuff you want to tell him can not be disclosed here? Does it look like you are advising only him? Others are here to learn too
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by jejelady(f): 6:22am On Apr 16, 2017
WebSurfer:

recently, she got down with malaria again, the doctor always prescribes drugs and all that whenever this happens but recently, she's complaining they are not working.

Please help with suggestions because we are really confused on what to do and cannot become ignorant.

I am a sickle cell patient too but I rarely have pains now because my parents found me a trado-medical practitioner which helped me a real lot. Fi now have crisis once in 4 months or 6 months. With that I use a combination of dilaudid (hydromorphone) with phenegan and Benadryl which although knock me out but help fast. You can also inbox me for more options.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by starrygal(f): 6:27am On Apr 16, 2017
holarcarny:
5) she should always takes folic acid and vita min B complex including Reludrin everyday every evertmos important.
I tink u shud go majorly with dis advise, as I av bin around a sickler before and all dese wia recommended for him.mostly d water part.even if she doesn't want d water, she has to force herself.
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by starrygal(f): 6:29am On Apr 16, 2017
carlcar2012:

You know say you no get brain, so the remaining stuff you want to tell him can not be disclosed here? Does it look like you are advising only him? Others are here to learn too
babe chill,if u wana learn from sm1 at least b nice abt it.
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by Emperor07(m): 6:34am On Apr 16, 2017
WebSurfer:

I know how u feel cos I once dated an ss,presently there is a supplement meant for sickle cell disorder wic u can get
Ciklavit supplement or call me for more info 08064573239

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by BiniShrine(m): 6:41am On Apr 16, 2017
Hmmmmm... All I can say is God is with you and your family. I will surely put her in my prayers. Hospitals in Nigeria are just for show. I lost my dad less than a week ago to cancer & bedsore. Seeing him demising without getting medical help was the worst time of my life. Your baby sister will overcome surely. Talk to her to keep a positive spirit towards staying alive and also take some good advice on this forum back home. Godspeed.
WebSurfer:

1 Like

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by Snow5(m): 6:42am On Apr 16, 2017
WebSurfer:
thank yoy very much, she is in Ughelli while i am at Asaba

Add me up on watsapp.. 08133018618.. Lets talk
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by agbajesaid(m): 6:51am On Apr 16, 2017
WebSurfer:

www.nairaland.com/3734498/cure-sickle-cell-diabetes-new
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by Cyberrex(m): 6:52am On Apr 16, 2017
mayordy:
SS patient is down with malaria... Bro are u sure u know what ure saying at all
are u sure of what you are saying, cause it's only AS that survives malaria out of all genotypes, that's why we have higher number of 'em in W.Africa
Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by agbajesaid(m): 6:54am On Apr 16, 2017
jejelady:

I am a sickle cell patient too but I rarely have pains now because my parents found me a trado-medical practitioner which helped me a real lot. Fi now have crisis once in 4 months or 6 months. With that I use a combination of dilaudid (hydromorphone) with phenegan and Benadryl which although knock me out but help fast. You can also inbox me for more options.
what if i tell you there is a trado-medical drug that cures it totally?

1 Like

Re: Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient by neolboy(m): 6:55am On Apr 16, 2017
WebSurfer:

It's a painful experience, I lost a friend January this year due to the sickness ss. u can only pray to God or her blood is drained out of the bone marrow and new blood of other genotype is been transfused into her system. Anything apart from that it's only God that can sustain her till only God himself knows when. God will help you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

453 New COVID-19 Cases, 334 Discharged And No Deaths On August 12 -(3337 Tested) / Difficulty In Getting Placements for Internship In Nigeria / Reasons Tea Is Good For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.