Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone (24512 Views)

Barcelona Vs Sevilla: UEFA Super Cup (5 - 4) On 11th August 2015 / Jose Mourinho's Likely First XI @ Chelsea For 2013/14 Season / Sevilla FC Vs Barcelona (0 - 2) On March 17th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by aieromon(m): 12:19am On Jan 03, 2010
RuuDie:

Its a new year and I'm sick and tired of the constant 2-way horse race in La Liga & all the noise from Catalonia & Madrid bullies. . . . so am pitching my tent in Andalucia with Sevilla FC.

Hopefully, we'll get about our wits over this winter break and return to the blistering form of the season opener.

UP SEVILLA. . . . GO SEVILLA!

It's not too late to make a U-turn wink
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by honeric01(m): 12:54am On Jan 03, 2010
@Ruudie
Athletico Madrid just dealt with Sevilla, 2:1 so you should change your mind now that you have the opportunity to do so.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 5:58am On Jan 03, 2010
f.cuk ups angry

another chance to close the gap gone abegging. its now no win in 4. . . gosh, we need to get Fabiano back to lead the line - Negredo just couldn't do it alone & that rubbish Duscher guy. . . . they just have to package him and ship of to siberia (isn't he the fella that off'ed Beckie's legs before a WC ).

Wonder why Jimenez didn't go for a 2 up tops - Kone came on for Negredo when Duscher shoulda been taken off instead.

Anyways, good win for athletico. . . . we just gotta sit-up. I'm glad Barca dropped points too at least gives the other sides in the top half incentive to cut the lead down by 2 pts as valencia did.
The way i see it, the more congested it is at the top, the higher the probability of some other club other than Barca or Real Madrid winning the ligue - competition thats what its all about; no more 2-way horse races!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 5:59am On Jan 03, 2010
honeric01:

@Ruudie
Athletico Madrid just dealt with Sevilla, 2:1 so you should change your mind now that you have the opportunity to do so.

Hold ur horses man. . . . we will have our days - mark my words!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 6:00am On Jan 03, 2010
Next up

Barca vs Sevilla - Copa Del Ray (Wednesday) grin
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by khanye(m): 11:18am On Jan 03, 2010
RuuDie:

Next up

Barca vs Sevilla - Copa Del Ray (Wednesday) grin

U go hear em grin
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 11:24am On Jan 03, 2010
khanye:

U go hear em grin

na sample we go show una, u just wait!
grin
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by khanye(m): 11:48am On Jan 03, 2010
RuuDie:

na sample we go show una, u just wait!
grin

lol . . . . The match na Tues. Not Wed.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 12:30pm On Jan 03, 2010
khanye:

lol . . . . The match na Tues. Not Wed.

u sure check ur schedule again!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by khanye(m): 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2010
RuuDie:

u sure check your schedule again!

Tue 05 Jan 22:00
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by Krayola(m): 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2010
I didn't watch the game against ATletico yesterday.  Seems Sevilla were unfortunate. Conceded an unlucky own goal, and then an injury time goal to lose the game. eeyaaa  cry cry  better luck next time.  I thought Zokora and Kanoute were the only players leaving for Africa . . ? So u played without both of them, Fabiano, and Adriano, and u want to compete with Barca and Real's squads THIS SEASON? You must be high on cheap phensic.  grin I woulda gone with Valencia. More depth,  no Africans and fewer competitions to play in (I think they're out of the Copa). . . .Sevilla might shine in the CL sha. . should be able to get past CSKA Moskva  grin grin

I heard you guys are interested in Marouane Chamakh . . Na una and Wenger go slug am out. I wonder who is more shrewd/cheap, Del Nido or Wenger? 2 Ijebu men pricing used Lambourghini  grin grin
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by honeric01(m): 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2010
RuuDie:

Hold your horses man. . . . we will have our days - mark my words!

wake up mr dreamer, you are going to be beaten come tuesday grin
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 6:01am On Jan 04, 2010
Sevilla coach Manolo Jimenez has only 14 first-team players to choose from for Tuesday's Copa del Rey last-16, first-leg match at holders Barcelona.

Defender Sebastien Squillaci and midfielder Adriano Correia both picked up ankle injuries in Saturday's 2-1 La Liga defeat at Atletico Madrid.

Didier Zokora, Frederic Kanoute, Luis Fabiano, Federico Fazio, Lautaro Acosta, Javi Varas and Tom de Mul are also unavailable.

Sergio Sanchez cannot play due to fears over his health after a problem was discovered with his heart.

Squillaci's France team-mate Julien Escude has recovered from a bout of vomiting and diarrhoea that kept him out of the Atletico game and can play.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by honeric01(m): 8:36am On Jan 04, 2010
Don't you guys have youth products to choose from? undecided
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2010
honeric01:

barca & real madrid go allow us
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2010
honeric01:

they come in poach the brightest kids we have and put em in their own shitty academy; 2months later u'll here some rat-faced official come on tv showing video footages & proclaiming revelation of a brand nu wonder-kid! angry
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by Krayola(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2010
RuuDie:

they come in poach the brightest kids we have and put em in their own shitty academy; 2months later u'll here some rat-faced official come on tv showing video footages & proclaiming revelation of a brand nu wonder-kid!   angry

haha. Omo,  na real Madrid dey do dat one O. . .no be dem tiff Julio Baptista and Sergio Ramos (Arsene Wenger took Reyes). Nothin concern us with una youth. Last time I checked Capel was a Barca youth before he went to Sevilla. Abi i lie?  grin grin  Make u write letter dump all your grievances on top Florentiono Perez head. laPorta no send u  cool cool

YOu can still jump ship to Valencia. . . They have been playing very well of late. Sevilla are a good team. . . I just think, this season, they have too much going on for a squad that lacks depth. Maybe if we do u guys a favor and dump you out of the copa, your chances might improve. We'll just have to wait and see  grin
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2010
Krayola:

haha. Omo, na real Madrid dey do dat one O. . .no be dem tiff Julio Baptista and Sergio Ramos (Arsene Wenger took Reyes). Nothin concern us with una youth. Last time I checked Capel was a Barca youth before he went to Sevilla. Abi i lie? grin grin Make u write letter dump all your grievances on top Florentiono Perez head. laPorta no send u cool cool

YOu can still jump ship to Valencia. . . They have been playing very well of late. Sevilla are a good team. . . I just think, this season, they have too much going on for a squad that lacks depth. Maybe if we do u guys a favor and dump you out of the copa, your chances might improve. We'll just have to wait and see grin

kray. . . . . i've told u, things are about to go awfully wrong for Barca , the voodoo charm starts to kick on the eve of the sevilla game - by the time it is done, they'll be no sextuple anything; heck nobody in the barca squad will even be having sex grin grin
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by honeric01(m): 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2010
RuuDie:

barca & real madrid go allow us

Barca steal your youth product? u must be joking. name one that was stolen by us.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by honeric01(m): 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2010
RuuDie:

they come in poach the brightest kids we have and put em in their own shitty academy; 2months later u'll here some rat-faced official come on tv showing video footages & proclaiming revelation of a brand nu wonder-kid! angry

I am waiting for you to name just one that youth product we came to steal from sevilla ok?
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 6:14pm On Jan 04, 2010
The Mastery Of "Monchi": The Power Behind Sevilla’s Throne

The name of Ramon Rodriguez Verdejo or "Monchi" may not be familiar to most of you. But this is a man who has been a cornerstone of the recent successes of one of the top teams in Spain.

When Juande Ramos left Sevilla, though undoubtedly there was much outcry, the response was not as downhearted as many felt it would be. In fact most of the Sevilla fans, actually felt that were Monchi to leave then it would have been far more disastrous for the club, illustrating his level of importance at the club.

As a player, Monchi was a fairly middling goalkeeper for Sevilla and he achieved little in his footballing career, but now in his second career as Sevilla's sporting director he is achieving remarkable success.

In 2000, Sevilla's plight was dire, the club had just been relegated from the top division and facing an uncertain future, both on a football and economic level. Into this climate came Monchi who was appointed as the club's sporting director.

He was given two key objectives, develop the club's youth policy so that the club could develop their own stars of the future, and implement a scouting system that will allow the club to spot potential stars before any of the big clubs do. On both counts Monchi has more than exceeded his brief.

In terms of youth development, Sevilla have developed some of the finest young players in Europe over the past few years. The club's academy has overseen the development of the likes of Jose Antonio Reyes, Sergio Ramos, Diego Capel, Jesus Navas, and the late Antonio Puerta.

Some of these players have been sold, with the club recouping £50 million since 1997 through the sale of academy players, but others have stayed and undoubtedly helped the team develop-Capel and Navas are key parts of the current Sevilla team.

Sevilla's academy is now one of the most productive in Spain, boasting 400 players across 22 youth teams. It is now a rival to the much vaunted academies of Real Madrid and Barcelona, which is itself testament to the work of Monchi.

For scouting, Monchi has created a intricate network of over 700 scouts around the globe, all designed to help Sevilla spot and sign the brightest prospects in world football before any of the big clubs become aware of them.

This policy has paid dividends as some absolute bargains have arrived at Sevilla; with the likes of Daniel Alves, Julio Baptista, and Luis Fabiano all being signed for relatively low prices.

Now, Alves and Baptista are among the best players in the world and have been sold on for a big profit. While Luis Fabiano remains at Sevilla and is being touted as one of the best strikers in the world and is interesting a number of big clubs.

Sevilla’s scouting network is so vast and so effective, that often scouts from other big clubs will follow Sevilla scouts in order to track who they are watching, an illustration of how effective Monchi’s plans for scouting have been.

The club continue to be successful in finding future stars-a recent example being midfielder Fazio, who was signed from the Argentine second division and is now seen as a future Argentine international.

Since Monchi’s arrival the transformation at Sevilla has been remarkable, the club was in the Spanish second division when he arrived but is now one of the biggest in Europe, consistently managing top four finishes, and achieving European success with their two UEFA Cup victories.

Though Juande Ramos’ management was an important factor, the club did not fall apart once he left. They have continued their progression under new manager Manolo Jimenez and this weekend alone defeated fellow title rivals Villarreal one nil.

This is due mainly to the system which Monchi has installed at Sevilla. The club remain one of the best producers of young players in Spain, while they are still very capable of finding bargain buys from anywhere—rather than spending big money.

For those who believe that sporting directors don’t work, particularly those in England, the method and mastery of Monchi should go far to dispelling this idea.

He has complete control of all transfer dealings and youth development, which frees up the manager to deal with the team. But unlike what Ramos found when he was at Tottenham with Comolli, Monchi discusses player recruitment with the manager and enjoys very good relations with his managers (Caparros, Ramos, and Jimenez).

Rather than forcing players onto a manager, Monchi works in tandem with them, finding players whose profile and style fit into the tactical make up of the team. As a result, if Sevilla, who are not a relatively big club, have to sell, then often they will have cheaper replacements already lined up-an example being the signing of Konko to replace Alves in the summer.

As a result, Sevilla are able to sell established stars, the likes of Alves, Baptista, Reyes, Keita, and Poulsen have all been sold recently, yet the club still remains competitive, with cheaper signings being brought in to replace them. As a result Monchi’s system means that the club continues to evolve and continues to compete at the highest possible level on the smallest possible budget.

While in England the fashion is to denigrate the work and role of a sporting director at a football club, the example of Monchi provides a perfect template for how a sporting director should work.

Here is a man who often works in the background, dealing with much of the off-the-field work, leaving the manager to deal with the team, and often gain the bulk of the praise when success is achieved.

But what should not be in doubt is that were it not for the vital work of Monchi, and the system he has put in place, then Sevilla would certainly not be in the position that they find themselves in today. For all the praise and acclaim Sevilla’s managers deserve, it is Monchi’s work that powers everything the club achieves.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/94729-the-mastery-of-monchi-the-power-behind-sevillas-throne
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
David Prieto, Acosta, Armentero, Cordero. . . . .
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by honeric01(m): 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2010
abi u wan say we steal Alves? we buy am, hope u know that cheesy, una use the money take buy more chairs for una small stadium abi u don forget?
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by semid4lyfe(m): 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2010
Good thread. Got a question though. If Man-U and Sevilla were to meet in lets say UEFA CL Finals, which team you go support?
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by honeric01(m): 11:55pm On Jan 04, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Good thread. Got a question though. If Man-U and Sevilla were to meet in lets say U[b]EFA CL Finals[/b], which team you go support?

Which year this go happen? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by Krayola(m): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2010
Capel scores. Sevilla 1- barca nil. 30 mins left to play
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by Krayola(m): 11:46pm On Jan 05, 2010
Ibra equalizes and Negredo puts Sevilla in front. 1-2 to sevilla

5 minutes to play
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by Krayola(m): 11:58pm On Jan 05, 2010
Game Over. Sevilla wins. Nice game. Una try well well. Now we have to come and win by 2 goals on ur turf. E go hard small but I trust my boys cool
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by kaypumpin2(m): 12:21am On Jan 06, 2010
Up Ruudie cheesy
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by Krayola(m): 12:23am On Jan 06, 2010
haha. Dem try small.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by honeric01(m): 8:58am On Jan 06, 2010
Uhm, una try small, but the return leg go determine who goes through. up sevilla for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Named UEFA's Best Player For 2013/2014 / Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur (4 - 2) On 19th January 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.