Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil (14560 Views)

Why Is Camry 2004 Power Steering Oil Dropping When I Park / Turn Your Kazeem To A Gazzuzz or A Radautoworks. Thread For Broke Car Owners. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by cmon(m): 4:38am On Apr 16, 2017
Na so I se am oh.... The put mobile xhp for me and told me to forget buying power steering oil.... This my motor don suffer sha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by soberdrunk(m): 5:51am On Apr 16, 2017
Hehehehe! Your mechanic just did you a huge favor, your power steering pump is probably leaking but still good and he doesn't want you to keep throwing away money by buying power steering oil every other day, the engine oil will last longer and keep your steering soft, you can even use condemned oil sef

36 Likes

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by nepapole(m): 6:34am On Apr 16, 2017
grin grin
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by galadima77(m): 6:56am On Apr 16, 2017
Personally I saw a pickup driver use water for break oil...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by lonelydora: 7:10am On Apr 16, 2017
galadima77:

Those 404 pickup can use water mixed with detergent as brake fluid and the brake will still hold. Do not try this in 21st century

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by cmon(m): 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
soberdrunk:
Hehehehe! Your mechanic just did you a huge favor, your power steering pump is probably leaking but still good and he doesn't want you to keep throwing away money by buying power steering oil every other day, the engine oil will last longer and keep your steering soft, you can even use condemned oil sef

hahaha.... didn't know this. But he was like "Oga, na wetin we dey use now oh...". He didn't even give a tangible reason why. Good to know the real science behind the use of engine oil. BTW, it's a camry 03. I doubt this would work for Merc. Or does it?

Heard Oando's ATF is actually the best out there.

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by honmusa(m): 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2017
cmon:
Na so I se am oh.... The put mobile xhp for me and told me to forget buying power steering oil.... This my motor don suffer sha.
Since you know better then why allowing your kazeem to still allow your kazeem to use wrong oil .Hope you kazeem will bear the cost if your power steering pump spoil.

3 Likes

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by cmon(m): 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2017
honmusa:

Since you know better then why allowing your kazeem to still allow your kazeem to use wrong oil .Hope you kazeem will bear the cost if your power steering pump spoil.

The had already put it before knowing. He's my regular Kazeem so he knows he will bare the cost if anything happens (at least within the next 6 months). And since someone here gave a scientific explanation, I'm beginning to believe my Kazeem even more.

6 Likes

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by makavele: 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2017
The engine oil is thicker than the power steering fluid;
hence, it will leak out at a very slow rate . . . could take months to top off . . .
however, kiss the power steering pump goodbye !
It will be changed eventually

9 Likes

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by ironheart(m): 7:11am On Apr 17, 2017
The engine oil will make the rubber seal of the power steering rack to swell and have a proper seal, also, the engine oil is thicker and wouldn't leask as the power steering fluid will
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by brainpulse: 7:18am On Apr 17, 2017
Are you sure you gave your car to a certified mechanic not a generator repairer.

15 Likes

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by niceguy7(m): 7:18am On Apr 17, 2017
OK, that's good to hear.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by justi4jesu(f): 7:18am On Apr 17, 2017
galadima77:

cry cry

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Areaboy2(m): 7:19am On Apr 17, 2017
soberdrunk:

Lol.. see advise

2 Likes

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by niggi4life(m): 7:20am On Apr 17, 2017
cmon:
U don enter One chance Mechanic hand grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by brainpulse: 7:20am On Apr 17, 2017
soberdrunk:
Omo see advice from state ministry of advisor. "steering pump is probably leaking but still good".

2 Likes

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Dottore: 7:21am On Apr 17, 2017
Na wao. Let them dismantle the steering rack and flush the engine oil. Otherwise it may form sludge and render the rack useless.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by azimibraun: 7:21am On Apr 17, 2017
soberdrunk:
wait o! Are u serious? I saw a mechanic pour condem inside my friends power steering oil pot o! And he confidently just told my friend to go and enjoy his car. I was shocked and speechless. So the guy knw Werin him dey do?

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by niggi4life(m): 7:22am On Apr 17, 2017
galadima77:
i have actually done that too when i was driving my popsie's 504 and the brake didnt catch well
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Chuknovski(m): 7:23am On Apr 17, 2017
cmon:

hahaha.... didn't know this. But he was like "Oga, na wetin we dey use now oh...". He didn't even give a tangible reason why. Good to know the real science behind the use of engine oil. BTW, it's a camry 03. I doubt this would work for Merc. Or does it?

most Mercedes are electric steering
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by azimibraun: 7:24am On Apr 17, 2017
Wait o! Why NL dey call " motor repairer" Kazeem? Abi na me no read well?

3 Likes

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2017
I salute the mechanic...he is outa dis world

1 Share

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Chuknovski(m): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2017
have known this for years that's why its good to hang around mechanics some time, you will learn a lot
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by tinktanker: 7:25am On Apr 17, 2017
Ur mechanic wants to assassinate u ooo.

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by heavenhug: 7:25am On Apr 17, 2017
those guys can be terrible . it reminds me a thread on nairaland about mechanics being doctors
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by muller101(m): 7:26am On Apr 17, 2017
galadima77:
which one is break oil.

4 Likes

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by bencol: 7:26am On Apr 17, 2017
soberdrunk:
are u for real

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by muller101(m): 7:27am On Apr 17, 2017
cmon:

mercon v is the best
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Fallasy(m): 7:32am On Apr 17, 2017
Budget money for a new power steering pump or steering box. It will get worst with time. It happened to me and they did the same.
cmon:

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by pinkyruledworld(m): 7:33am On Apr 17, 2017
muller101:
which one is break oil.
he meant brake oil

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Innoson: 5 Modern Accessories In The IVM G80 / Mazda Unveils Vision Coupe Concept Car At 2017 Tokyo Motor Show / How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.