Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation (44331 Views)

Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee / Fani-Kayode Reacts As Presidency Queries Obasanjo’s Absence At Democracy Day / Rivers: Heads May Roll As Army Panel Concludes Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by dre11(m): 8:04am On Apr 16, 2017
EFCC keeps mum

WIke, CNPP allege cover up

SAN, NBA chief differ on NIA’s claims

by Emmanuel Onani

There are strong indications that President Muhammadu Buhari may have ordered an independent investigation into the recovery of an estimated N13 billion from a private residence in Ikoyi, Lagos, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). It will be recalled that operatives of the anti-graft agency had, last Wednesday, stormed the Ikoyi building where $43,449,947, £27,800 and N23, 218,000, cash was warehoused.

Repeated calls made to the phone lines of the Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, indicated that they were “switched-off”..

He had yet to reply text messages sent to the same platforms as at the time of filing this report. Meanwhile, Sunday Telegraph learnt from highlyplaced sources yesterday, that the confusion over the ownership of the huge cash haul is a source of embarrassment to President Buhari, whose commitment to the anti-graft war is sacrosanct. At a time the public was waiting with bated breath for the EFCC to reveal the identity of the owner of the recovered money, the Rivers State Government had laid claim to same.

This was as an online news medium, Premium Times, had quoted the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), as claiming ownership of the contentious money, thereby introducing a more complex narrative to the scandal.

In a statement released on Friday, the Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, had alleged that the cash belonged to his state.

The Governor was quoted as saying: “We have facts to prove that the said money belongs to the Rivers State Government.

“The Federal Government must return our money. “We are giving them seven days to return our money. Otherwise, we would take legal action to recover our money. $43million will help us complete several projects. We need that money for projects.”

The NIA has yet to issue an official statement on the development, even as a former Governor of Rivers State, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi, was said to have denied any link with the cash.

However, Sunday Telegraph gathered that Buhari had vowed to get to the root of the matter, to preserve his cherished war against corruption.

According to our source, who pleaded anonymity, anybody found to have breached financial laws will be appropriately sanctioned. He said: “In the face of the recovery and subsequent claims out there, the President views this very seriously. “In fact, I can tell you that efforts are on to get to the root of this scandal.

“Now, it is pertinent to unravel what such huge sums of both local and foreign currencies – public or private funds – will be doing in a private residence.

“Monies are kept in Bank Accounts operated by Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs). “Nonetheless, there might be exceptions, no doubt, but that will soon be resolved.”

https://newtelegraphonline.com/news/heads-may-roll-presidency-probes-ownership-ikoyi-billions-investigation/

lalasticlala

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by tellwisdom: 8:10am On Apr 16, 2017
Noise as usual undecided

154 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by TPAND(f): 8:11am On Apr 16, 2017
Story story...

Amaechi owns the flat. That simple

158 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by donmalcolm21(m): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2017
Amaechi will be protected while others will take the fall for him

How many heads rolled after the Budget Padding

NONE

244 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by Nutase: 8:13am On Apr 16, 2017
Patiently waiting to see if the lion of Ubima can be locked in a zoo. angry

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by Yorubaangel(m): 8:13am On Apr 16, 2017
This is super story......

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by DropShot: 8:14am On Apr 16, 2017
Heads just have to roll especially in the NIA.

The Otuoke Drunk approved some yeye covert operation which involved getting raw cash (without record) from CBN to be kept in a private apartment, and the useless Director of NIA did not even deem it fit to inform his current boss (the president) after almost two years in office!

I no too blame them. Na PMB wey dey fvck up sometimes I blame. If not, all heads of security agencies during the IB tenure should have been immediately removed.

El Rufai talk am!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by DropShot: 8:18am On Apr 16, 2017
Nutase:
Patiently waiting to see if the lion of Ubima can be locked in a zoo. angry
Some of you display level of intelligence not even befitting of a toddler.

A loquacious FFK and a thuggish Wike just opened their mouth to make an unsubstantiated claim that Amaechi owns the flat without any proof, no matter how remote, yet gullible zombies decided to masturbate over it.

Na like this the youths wan become leaders of tomorrow? Zero logical reasoning!

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 16, 2017
How many heads don roll since efcc don dey discover stolen and hidden funds?

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by Nutase: 8:21am On Apr 16, 2017
DropShot:

A loquacious FFK and a thuggish Wike just opened their mouth to make an unsubstantiated claim that Amaechi owns the flat without any proof, no matter how remote, yet gullible zombies decided to masturbate over it.

you just succinctly described yourself in one sentence. The onus of proof is on the lion dog who up till now has not denied ownership of the house.

188 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by TheFreeOne: 8:22am On Apr 16, 2017
So the EFCC can't make public its own findings without another independent investigation

Has buhari lost confidence in his attack dog?

The presidency is a joke. Fraudulent government fighting corruption with corruption cheesy grin

119 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by DrGoodman: 8:24am On Apr 16, 2017
Heads will roll if na PDP loot, if na APC loot, everything will be swept under the carpet.

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by DropShot: 8:25am On Apr 16, 2017
Nutase:
you just succinctly described yourself in one sentence. The onus of proof is on the lion dog who up till now has not denied ownership of the house.
If the white thing in your head is working to 10% of its capacity, you'd know that it is he who alleges that must prove his allegation.

If you're not limited to Nairaland for your news source, you would have known that Amaechi has denied all the allegations.

Anyway, I'm not disappointed in you and you likes.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by Adesiji77: 8:26am On Apr 16, 2017
If I hear cheesy
Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by Nutase: 8:27am On Apr 16, 2017
DropShot:

If the white thing I'm your head is working to 10% of its capacity, you'd know that it is he who alleges that must prove his allegation.

Anyway, I'm not disappointed in you and you likes.
e pain am. grin
That is the warped thinking you guys have. When Sahara reporters accused Dino of not having a certificate he went to court because he could prove that he is a graduate. Let the dog of Ubima do same if truly the house does not belong to him.

141 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by SuperS1Panther: 8:27am On Apr 16, 2017
Nutase:

He has denied ownership of the flat, just like Esther Nnamid, Muazu and Anenih's daughter.

7 Likes

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by DropShot: 8:28am On Apr 16, 2017
Nutase:
e pain am. grin
Baby.
Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by Tyche(m): 8:28am On Apr 16, 2017
Na today, no heads will roll my man. Those EFCC guys are clever by half and whoever is pulling this stunt for them behind the scenes will get his hands burnt.

I can't wait for the dethronement of APC to reveal the monumental lies and deciet that they are putting us through.

Bunch of clueless and incompetent mofos

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by nerodenero: 8:28am On Apr 16, 2017
If the opposition is involved, jailing the individual is sure but if it is the Change people, no head will roll.

Anyway, like PDP like APC. FG fighting opposition since only God knows when.

8 Likes

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by DropShot: 8:29am On Apr 16, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

He has denied ownership of the flat, just like Esther Nnamid, Muazu and Anenih's daughter.
They only get their news from Nairaland.

Other news sources are too heavy on their data.

Thank Goodness for Nairaland. If not, many won't even know what goes on in their state.

12 Likes

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by Nutase: 8:31am On Apr 16, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

no one outrightly accused muazu and Co the way Amaechi was accused. He should go to court and sue for damages if the house is truly not his own.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by Tyche(m): 8:33am On Apr 16, 2017
DropShot:

Happy Easter to you guys at the BMC grin , while a lot of people envy your pay; 250k for this economy no be beans na grin, no one envies your job wallahi.

E no easy to defend blunders after blunders. But know this, the goodwill your paymasters rode into power is erroding at the speed of light.

102 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by DropShot: 8:45am On Apr 16, 2017
Tyche:

Happy Easter to you guys at the BMC grin , while a lot of people envy your pay; 250k for this economy no be beans na grin, no one envies your job wallahi.

E no easy to defend blunders after blunders. But know this, the goodwill your paymasters rode into power is erroding at the speed of light.
I don't envy the kind of brain some of you are bestowed with. Fish brain performs better I swear.

Everyone and anyone who supports the govt is a BMC or GMC - whatever that means.

I guess the 64% who affirmed that Nigeria is better in the two years of this administration, in a poll conducted by PDP on Twitter are all BMC.

Chai, shame dey catch me for some of Una ooo.

18 Likes

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by Tyche(m): 8:50am On Apr 16, 2017
DropShot:

I don't envy the kind of brain some of you are bestowed with. Fish brain performs better I swear.

Everyone and anyone who supports the govt is a BMC or GMC - whatever that means.

I guess the 64% who affirmed that Nigeria is better in the two years of this administration, in a poll conducted by PDP on Twitter are all BMC

Imagine a Nigerian affirming the bolded? You must be a high ranking member of the BMC grin

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by TheFreeOne: 8:57am On Apr 16, 2017
DropShot:

I guess the 64% who affirmed that Nigeria is better in the two years of this administration, in a poll conducted by PDP on Twitter are all BMC.

Only ma.d people, zombies and br.ain cripples affirmed the bold.

Guy you need strong exorcism from zombeism spirit.

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by rusher14: 8:59am On Apr 16, 2017
TheFreeOne:

Only ma.d people, zombies and br.ain cripples affirmed the bold.

Guy you need strong exorcism from zombeism spirit.

You mean people should doubt the result of a poll carried out by PDP?

11 Likes

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by Ehiscotch(m): 9:20am On Apr 16, 2017
Who blow the whistle? make them ask the person nau. If him no gree then una no go give am him percentage. grin

1 Like

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by DrGoodman: 9:26am On Apr 16, 2017
DropShot:

If 64% of Nigerians claim their lives got better in the last 2 years, then 64% of Nigerians just got mad in the same period. No sane man can say the conditions of this country where everything has spoilt is better that the smooth sail of GEJ.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by DrGoodman: 9:28am On Apr 16, 2017
rusher14:

You mean people should doubt the result of a poll carried out by PDP?

Yes, abi na only PDP dey Nigeria and voted. APC fanatics are not known to possess any good reasoning capabilities.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by DropShot: 9:29am On Apr 16, 2017
DrGoodman:

If 64% of Nigerians claim their lives got better in the last 2 years, then 64% of Nigerians just got mad in the same period. No sane man can say the conditions of this country where everything has spoilt is better that the smooth sail of GEJ.
Go ask PDP Twitter.

Or better still, conduct your own poll on Facebook or Twitter.

No need to hyperventilate here.

grin

8 Likes

Re: Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation by DrGoodman: 9:32am On Apr 16, 2017
DropShot:

Go ask PDP Twitter.

Or better still, conduct your own poll on Facebook or Twitter.

No need to hyperventilate here.

grin

The majority can go mad, that's why this country is worst, because the majority of the people think upside down. For some people, just changing the president to someone of their religious belief makes the country better grin

34 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Glencore Used Private Jets To Move Bribe Money For Nigerian Officials, Others / Photos From Ibrahim Babangida's 75th Birthday At His Mansion In Minna.... / National Assembly Elections: APC Sweeps Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.