Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,016 members, 7,806,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? (12874 Views)

The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) / Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) / Catholic Church Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus At The University Of Uyo (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Tobilexy: 9:06am On Apr 16, 2017
He died to save the world as presupposed, similarly, Human sacrifice is used as a propitiatory sacrifice to appease the gods and to ritually cleanse the community.

Human beings as an offering to a god and as part of a
ritual. The victims are usually killed in a ritualistic way that is meant to appease the gods or the spirits. The concept of sacrifice is not bereft in Christianity as it is in African religion

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Radiohead6(f): 9:06am On Apr 16, 2017
Yup that's why he's called the 'Lamb' of God,

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by dalaman: 9:09am On Apr 16, 2017
It's nothing but human sacrifice . According to the tale God sacrificed himself unto himself.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by sonmvayina(m): 9:16am On Apr 16, 2017
A sacrifice to end all sacrifice
..problem though, while will God, sacrifice his son to himself to appease himself, so that he can forgive his servants..

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 16, 2017
Modified

Will comment later
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by veekid(m): 9:42am On Apr 16, 2017
Lemme ask my pastor
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by jeeqaa7(m): 9:42am On Apr 16, 2017
Priest: Christ is risen today.. Hallelujah
Woman: father, you dey dia?
priest:

2 Likes

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Adonis3: 9:43am On Apr 16, 2017

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by mmsen: 9:43am On Apr 16, 2017
dalaman:
It's nothing but human sacrifice . According to the tale God sacrificed himself unto himself.

It's not human sacrifice if it refers to a god being killed.

That is called deicide.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 16, 2017
It's human sacrifice. Blow whistle.

8 Likes

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by jeeqaa7(m): 9:44am On Apr 16, 2017
So I am Glad.. Extremely happy.. He did this for me. He cleared my doubt. He broke protocols . He stunned us all
He died. Asin died completely
Not for His Crime. Not for something He did but something I did. He set the standard for Love.
Against all odds
He rose.. He is back and this time .
He comes Triumphant.
Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah.
I am a witness and I feel different.
I feel Good
Christ is Risen.

Like if you are a Christian
Share if you are a Muslim

21 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2017
Na today you know say the Bible god na blood thirsty god?

But the deluded xtians are too deluded to see this.

7 Likes

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by irynterri(f): 9:44am On Apr 16, 2017
before the coming of Christ,the Jews used a lamb on which the they placed all their sins and the lamb was sacrificed, God sent his only beloved son to be the lamb on which the sins of the whole world (not only Jews)were to be laid and killed hence abolishing the need to sacrifice lambs, you can call it human sacrifice but I call it Divine sacrifice,if not for his death, only the Jews will be worshipping Yahweh but now all humans irrespective of your tribe, colour and race are able to participate in the divine worship of the one true God

5 Likes

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by mpowa(m): 9:44am On Apr 16, 2017
Hallelujah,You have won the victory
Hallelujah, You have won it all for me
Death could not hold you down,
You are the risen King,
You're seated in majesty
You are the risen King

2 Likes

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by realestniggah: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2017
isn't it weird that God has a son when he doesn't have a wife..so you telling me God just created Jesus and decided to name him his son..what makes Jesus different from the rest of the other creation he had made

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Ologogoro: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2017
t
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Alitair(m): 9:44am On Apr 16, 2017
Yea something like that. Ultimate Sacrifice.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Emmyloaded: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2017
Touching Story: Married Couple Happens to be Biological Twins after Struggling to Conceive
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by tlops(m): 9:44am On Apr 16, 2017
Yes it was. Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by AlphaStyles(m): 9:45am On Apr 16, 2017
he died because of our sins
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 16, 2017
Christians are yet to explain to me why God cannot just forgive without sacrifices (animal, or human)

7 Likes

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Tenim47(m): 9:46am On Apr 16, 2017
bible story
letme hide here nd enjow the comedy skit

1 Like

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Smart41(m): 9:46am On Apr 16, 2017
Need a reliable clearing agent? check my siggy.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by realestniggah: 9:47am On Apr 16, 2017
AlphaStyles:
he died because of our sins
I wasn't even born and he died for my sin..wow amazing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by hopefulLandlord: 9:48am On Apr 16, 2017
I reject the idea that Jesus "died" for anybody's sins or any other reason (many bad arguments here) specifically because if you die horribly on the strangely-named "Good" Friday and then come waltzing back out according to the story on Sunday afternoon, you haven't "died". But people don't like it when I rephrase it to "Jesus had the shittiest weekend ever for your sins." I'm not even sure how bad the rest of his weekend was. Was he strolling around in hell? Chilling with his dad/himself/petting zoo/aviary?

Like many others, I don't mean to minimize the suffering of everyone who was crucified, including this guy. While not the most terrible way to die that I can think of, I'm sure it was just awful. But can someone explain how the "forsaking" part works? If Jesus is god, how can he forsake himself? If he's not, wasn't it the plan for God to give his only begotten son to have the shittiest weekend ever for your sins? In that case, this is collusion, not abandonment, right? Or did Jesus not know? How could he not? (And it would make Judas a necessary part of the plan, and maybe the most loyal character in the story, knowing how he would be portrayed later).

Is the substitutional atonement only "activated" if Jesus is unaware of his own plan? How can he keep his own plans from himself? His character seems to have a moment of psychic prediction at the last supper.

I find this whole thing very convoluted and confusing.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by dansegun57(m): 9:49am On Apr 16, 2017
its kinda confusing tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by profhezekiah: 9:49am On Apr 16, 2017
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by izzy4shizzy(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2017
Okay..

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2017
sonmvayina:
A sacrifice to end all sacrifice
..problem though, while will God, sacrifice his son to himself to appease himself, so that he can forgive his servants..

It's to show the greatest humility and love the world had and would ever know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? / My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria / An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.