Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? (12876 Views)

The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) / Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) / Catholic Church Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus At The University Of Uyo (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Mememan: 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
kilo4sure:

Meaningless rant, you still haven't answered the question, what is the so called bloody human sacrifice in a leader giving up himself for his people? How can giving oneself as a ransom for many become a purposeful human sacrifice when it is clear he died on the charge that he claimed to be a king and was killed by God's enemies? So who sacrificed who and to whom?
My guy
Calm down
Read my post again
It seems you lack focus or comprehension

I don't believe ib the bible tale about crucifixion.. .
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by anneboleyn(f): 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
The death of Christ is truly a random... ...which God had decided to provide as a way of saving the children of Adam which includes you and me, from the condemnation of everlasting death to the gift of everlasting life. When Adam disobeyed God in the garden of Eden, he sold himself and all humans into inherited sin, and it's wages which is death. That's why all humans from the time of Adam to our day get sick grow old and die.. ...Now Adam was a perfect man who lost the prospect of everlasting life not only for himself, but also for his children. As he lost his perfect life due to his disobedience this selling his descendants into sin and death it would require another perfect man to be obedient to God, in order to rescue Adam's offspring from sin and death. By perfectly obeying God, even to the point of death, Christ who was a perfect man on earth could open the way to eternal life for those of Adam's children who exercise faith in his ransom sacrifice . This Jesus perfectly obeying his father even to the point of death has opened the way into eternal life for those who believe, not for the sceptical and the unbelieving
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by kilo4sure: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
Mememan:

My guy
Calm down
Read my post again
It seems you lack focus or comprehension

I don't believe ib the bible tale about crucifixion.. .
If you don't believe the bible's tale of crucifixion then what exactly are you arguing. Your argument is not clear, maybe you don't understand the crucifixion story, so you term it human sacrifice. How can you believe what you don't even comprehend at all?
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by anneboleyn(f): 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2017
It is true that Christ underwent horrendous treatment at the hand of his enemies. How ever, by enduring that painful treatment, he in his perfect state was being obedient to God and so he sacrificed his perfect life, which was the equivalent of that lost by Adam.. ..and by that sacrifice of his sinless body and his precious blood, he can grant eternal life to persons who believe in him

1 Like

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by sonmvayina(m): 5:29pm On Apr 16, 2017
This is my last comment on this post: The God of the old testament hates human sacrifice and punished the Jews when they joined those around them to sacrifice their children to Moloch.

So it does not make any sense if he now turned back to sacrifice his "Son".
The God of the old testament is NOT a man..God is just a totality of the consciousness of the universe..
This same consciousness the Yoruba calls Eledumare, the Igbo calls Chineke, the Bini calls Osanobua...
The people that concocted the Jesus tale are stark illiterates.. They never allowed learned men in their meetings.
They never thought that the bible will one day be on the hands of people.

The suffering servant in the book of Isaiah is Israel.

The Messiah the Jews are waiting for is a mortal man and not a demi God.

He is coming to bring peace not die..he is coming once, no second coming arrangements.

Jesus is just an almagamation of the different myths that existed in the roman world.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Kay17: 5:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
jeeqaa7:
So I am Glad.. Extremely happy.. He did this for me. He cleared my doubt. He broke protocols . He stunned us all
He died. Asin died completely
Not for His Crime. Not for something He did but something I did. He set the standard for Love.
Against all odds
He rose.. He is back and this time .
He comes Triumphant.
Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah.
I am a witness and I feel different.
I feel Good
Christ is Risen.

Like if you are a Christian
Share if you are a Muslim

Did he die to forgive old sins or new sins?
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by alexiej(m): 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2017
Adonis3:

Anyone who calls the "Death" of Jesus the "greatest" gift and sacrifice ever is only deceiving himself.

Oh yes, he was God's only son. But then, he allowed him to die knowing he had the power to raise him.

Doesn't seem like a sacrifice to me.

#Adonis3HasSpoken

Err.... He didn't just "allow himself to die", He allowed Himself to be beaten, no, to be brutalized, spat on and murdered with the worst possible kind of execution in Isreal.

Imagine if someone wanted to slap ur friend, and u chose to take the slap in his place, and that friend later says to other people "well, that guy didn't really make any sacrifice jare... Since he already knew he would only feel the pain for about 5 minutes and the pain would leave".......

How would u feel?
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Rosskii: 6:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
Not much of a sacrifice if you wake up on the third day, is it?

Dude took a 3 day nap and people are calling it a sacrifice. BS.

1 Like

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by jmoore(m): 7:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
Anti-christians and atheists dishing out nonsense as usual.

The way they spew out foolish words thinking they are wise. grin grin
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Elliot2(m): 9:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
RosaConsidine:

But this is basically considering man's sins against God....but what about man's sin against his fellow man? What blood has to be/is/has been shed for the remission of those sins?
u must understand that what Jesus blood represent in its true meaning is luv and not some physical blood pouring out from a cut. He sacrificed his ego,to show luv. likewise, when a man forgives his fellow man, he simply sacrifice his ego( to claim right), his hurt and desire for vengeance. such man chose peace!

1 Like

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by 0b10010011: 1:47am On Apr 17, 2017
sonmvayina:
A sacrifice to end all sacrifice
..problem though, while will God, sacrifice his son to himself to appease himself, so that he can forgive his servants..

Logic!
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by 0b10010011: 1:51am On Apr 17, 2017
It shall never be well with the generations of whoever sold religion to Africans

1 Like

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by heybee72(m): 2:42am On Apr 17, 2017
Dd09:
Only islam is perfected,answers all question and solution to humanity.
Hehehehe lemme not quote you.. . Oh okay I already did... Why did your so called Quran ask your so-called Mohammed to seek the people of the book (jews) when he has doubts about your so called perfect religion.... And yet he still claims it is currupt... Better change your ways before you goan join your Mohammed (SAW àbí it's even HAMMER) in hell... Perfect My yansh!!
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by heybee72(m): 2:46am On Apr 17, 2017
Mememan:

Use your brain or don't quote ne again!

Why was Jesus crucified?

For what purpose?

Why should Jesus be sacrificed before "God" forgives "our" sins?

Why must the blood of "his begotten son" be spilled first (by humans God himself is angry with) before he forgives those sinners?

IF THE CRUCIFIXION WAS PLANNED AND JESUS WAS AWARE OF IT, WHY DID HE STILL SAY "WHY HAVE THOU FORSAKEN ME" ON THE CROSS

PLEASE USE...
Because in the Quran your Allah (SAW or CHISEL) claimed that he made a duplicate and that was the one that was crucified and the original one was at home drinking palm wine... See Better receive sense
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by heybee72(m): 2:58am On Apr 17, 2017
teeezy00:

It answers questions of Mohammed marrying the woman who raised him abi n Dat u should kill anyone who does not believe in ur god allah abiii

And marry at the age of 6,sleep with her at age 9...
Give license to rape...
Claim that the devil peed in his ears nd sleeps in his nose....
Kissed a stone as a sign of worship...
What even surprise me is he was the only one that saw alfa Angel Jibril... And those that were writing whatever nonsense he's pouring out can't see the angel that runs away at the sight of a naked lady... Wearing his wife's cloth... And those teblik have now turn it to culture wearing their junior brodas cloth... I can go on and on

God is a spirit those that worship him worship him in spirit and in truth... If you like wash your intestine before prayer, if your heart is evil, no prayer can be answered....

Ń.b:i was only picking up where you stopped
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Mememan: 7:06am On Apr 17, 2017
heybee72:

Because in the Quran your Allah (SAW or CHISEL) claimed that he made a duplicate and that was the one that was crucified and the original one was at home drinking palm wine... See Better receive sense
Ọ̀dẹ̀
Was it in the quran that he came to die for any sin?
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Mememan: 7:42am On Apr 17, 2017
kilo4sure:

If you don't believe the bible's tale of crucifixion then what exactly are you arguing. Your argument is not clear, maybe you don't understand the crucifixion story, so you term it human sacrifice. How can you believe what you don't even comprehend at all?
Understanding English language is a grave problem for you.
Even a primary school child knows that the killing of Jesus as explained in the Bible is literally a human sacrifice.
Jesus "sacrificed" himself for the sinners. Like
God needs him to be killed and sacrifice ld for him to be appeased and forgive people's sins. What a tale...
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by heybee72(m): 8:17am On Apr 17, 2017
Mememan:

Ọ̀dẹ̀
Was it in the quran that he came to die for any sin?
That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

— sura 4 (An-Nisa) 157-158
Mumu like yourself no dey even read... Now whose the fool now... . Better improve your brain
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Mememan: 9:12am On Apr 17, 2017
heybee72:

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

— sura 4 (An-Nisa) 157-158
Mumu like yourself no dey even read... Now whose the fool now... . Better improve your brain
Why you mumu like this nau?
Copy and paste.
Answer my simple question and stop beating around the bush.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by kilo4sure: 9:33am On Apr 17, 2017
Mememan:

Understanding English language is a grave problem for you.
Even a primary school child knows that the killing of Jesus as explained in the Bible is literally a human sacrifice.
Jesus "sacrificed" himself for the sinners. Like
God needs him to be killed and sacrifice ld for him to be appeased and forgive people's sins. What a tale...
This your theory is a narrow way of looking at the details of this event, note that the death of Jesus is best explained in Isaiah 53, which the new testament tale also largely depends on.
Isaiah 53 says WE CONSIDERED him smitten of God but he was bruised for our iniquities. In other words we( the jews) thought his death was punishment from God on him because we had always known inwardly he was a false prophet who deceives people and so (according to leveticus)cursed is any man who hangs on a tree, hence this Jesus must have been cursed by God to even die this way, confirming our suspicion.
But the narrative in Isaiah 53 continues saying He was bruised for our iniquities ( he is in this situation now because we sinned and allowed ourselves to be subjected to slavery by the enemy/Romans due to our collective sin as a people thereby giving the opressors/Romans the power to even punish the guitless like him.
Then it says... It has pleased the lord to bruise him( God would not intervene to save him) because... When you have made his soul an offering for sin(after he dies this unjust death just like the innocent lambs we the Jews kill even for our own sins) He shall see his seed( his children or new followers) He shall prolong his days and the pleasure of the lord shall prosper in his hands.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by oaroloye(m): 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2017
SHALOM!

The Crucifixion of the Lord YAHSHUA is not "synonymous" with Human Sacrifice: IT WAS HUMAN SACRIFICE.

There is no other comparison between THIS and OTHER Human Sacrifice, because this is the ONLY Human Sacrifice in HISTORY, where the Sacrifice knew exactly what he was doing.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by pelepeleb: 8:34pm On Apr 17, 2017
Hello I know you did not understand what Jesus did for you and me. simply the difference is that JESUS CHOSE TO die. Not that he was force to die against HIS wish as the spiritualist do. they carefully kidnap the individual , smuggle them to an unknown place where people will not see them and do their evil he. Grow your self on that in the bible if you are in did a christian.

Tobilexy:
He died to save the world as presupposed, similarly, Human sacrifice is used as a propitiatory sacrifice to appease the gods and to ritually cleanse the community.

Human beings as an offering to a god and as part of a
ritual. The victims are usually killed in a ritualistic way that is meant to appease the gods or the spirits. The concept of sacrifice is not bereft in Christianity as it is in African religion
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by pelepeleb: 8:36pm On Apr 17, 2017
Hello I know you did not understand what Jesus did for you and me. simply the difference is that JESUS CHOSE TO die. Not that he was force to die against HIS wish as the spiritualist do. they carefully kidnap the individual , smuggle them to an unknown place where people will not see them and do their evil he. Grow your self on that in the bible if you are in did a christian.

Tobilexy:
He died to save the world as presupposed, similarly, Human sacrifice is used as a propitiatory sacrifice to appease the gods and to ritually cleanse the community.

Human beings as an offering to a god and as part of a
ritual. The victims are usually killed in a ritualistic way that is meant to appease the gods or the spirits. The concept of sacrifice is not bereft in Christianity as it is in African religion
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by ableguy(m): 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
anneboleyn:
The death of Christ is truly a random... ...which God had decided to provide as a way of saving the children of Adam which includes you and me, from the condemnation of everlasting death to the gift of everlasting life. When Adam disobeyed God in the garden of Eden, he sold himself and all humans into inherited sin, and it's wages which is death. That's why all humans from the time of Adam to our day get sick grow old and die.. ...Now Adam was a perfect man who lost the prospect of everlasting life not only for himself, but also for his children. As he lost his perfect life due to his disobedience this selling his descendants into sin and death it would require another perfect man to be obedient to God, in order to rescue Adam's offspring from sin and death. By perfectly obeying God, even to the point of death, Christ who was a perfect man on earth could open the way to eternal life for those of Adam's children who exercise faith in his ransom sacrifice . This Jesus perfectly obeying his father even to the point of death has opened the way into eternal life for those who believe, not for the sceptical and the unbelieving

Check your inbox please
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by josielewa(m): 3:53am On Jun 13, 2017
teeezy00:

He was 100% spirit and 100% man
N because he was 100% Man he died and because he is 100% spirit (God) He rose again
can God die in the real sense...at times i take the islamic view that he is a messenger and not the son of God.he laid himself down and still took himself up..remenber he is God and he has power over everything...he came and he was killed by mere men...buried..felt the pain and he gave up the ghost just to fulfil what he knows will happen already...can man really kill God even in human flesh...i even doubt the concept of trinity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read / Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation / How To Train Your Dragons – Killing Pet Sins Before They Kill You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.