Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience (11602 Views)

N-Power Registration 2020: Share Your Experience / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Have You Been Able To Apply For DPR Graduate Trainee? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience by GEJPosterity: 10:53am On Apr 17, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:

no need for argument bro...
Computer can't never be smarter than me... don't know about you.

Typical religious person. Hideously ignorant and proud of it.

1 Like

Re: Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience by Absuchat(m): 11:04am On Apr 17, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:

my brother robot can't never be smarter than human... just like you can't be smarter than your maker

Check out Sophia on YouTube (a robot that was built in Korea ).
I know your mentality will change after that.

My advice is this.
Learn coding, learn electronics and mechanics. ...you can build your own AI machine.
Re: Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience by spectator2001: 11:24am On Apr 17, 2017
fedrick4god:
A.I could actually take up most fields of life except fields that require critical thinking about unforseen events and advancement in technology, also the robotof the future could also make informed decision about future occurrence if some human esoteric knowledge could be shared with such technology.

Yeah. I conducted a research on this topic recently. How to future-proof professions from automation. The findings revealed that:

1. There is need for institutions to start preparing professionals for an imminent future of A.I. dominance as most of the jobs being performed by humans may eventually be replaced by robots and A.I. machines in the near future; Future being 2027-2030. This is based of predictions from futurist experts Ray Kurzweili, Stephen Hawkins et al.
2. Emotional intelligence, no matter how minimal it seems on the surface, will always be required in the overall management of these A.I. machines.
3. Discretionary thinking remains the hallmark of the application of E.I. which is an exclusive preserve of human but needs to function at a more advanced and refined scale when juxtaposed with the precision and accuracy of A.I. systems.
4. Automation is inevitable as discovered in the 2015 Davos summit in Switzerland on the future of automation as it affects professions.
5. The biggest threat of automation is that of existential threat as pointed out by Elon Musk, Tesla CEO i.e. Its threat against the further existence of humanity. These are threats rather unforeseen whose occurrence is premised upon the even of self awareness of these machines in such a future thereby presenting humans as "threats" to these A.I. machines.

These amongst other key findings as discussed in the extensive research as conducted in Australia revealed that automation via A.I. machines is indeed inevitable as can be seen across professions - Medicine, Law, Architecture, Defence etc.
Re: Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 17, 2017
GEJPosterity:

Typical religious person. Hideously ignorant and proud of it.
lol.... ignorant? funny dude.... nothing about technology you can tell me bro... I spent hours daily reading and following anything that has do with science and technology... and planetaries...

like I said earlier, it's baseless arguing... you you've proven your own point and I've given my own opinion.

if you really want me to admit that robots are smarter than human being then you're wasting your precious time.

Cuz I mentioned God; that has automatically makes me a religious bigot right? you're just funny bro.... no offense
Re: Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience by spectator2001: 11:30am On Apr 17, 2017
iamedwin:
Newer jobs tech inclined will spring up.

Exactly! Jobs such as A.I. system mangers will spring up just like the current B.I.M. managers in the construction industry.

1 Like

Re: Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 17, 2017
Absuchat:

Check out Sophia on YouTube (a robot that was built in Korea ).
I know your mentality will change after that.

My advice is this.
Learn coding, learn electronics and mechanics. ...you can build your own AI machine.

Thanks bro... but I still stand on my own opinion... robots can't never be smarter than human being.

1 Like

Re: Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience by 9jatatafo(m): 12:05pm On Apr 17, 2017
Will robots and AI cook for us and clean our houses?
Re: Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience by TheVictorious(m): 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2017
Billyonaire:
That is the ultimate aim of Man, reduce the population using (wars, engineered viruses, Chemical Weapon, Nuclear weapon etc) then less than one million humans will live in a beautiful green world with AI doing all the work, while they just sit and watch.

No one is eliminating anyone. There will soon be Mars civilization!
Re: Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience by amanikondo: 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2017
HARDDON:
There wud always still be jobs. IT related. Cos no matter what, you still need

1. Software engineers
2. AI Designers/producers
3. AI maintainance /repair Eng.
4. Researchers

Etc

They can take all but not our natural intelligence. We goD them still

Data scientist. No AI will do the job.
Re: Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
yvesboss:
Lol...we got on a call in March giving us a heads up about a new software..after the demo, we discovered the software can do what we all have been doing..meaning..over 30 peeps will b out of job by June when the software will be fully deployed... now assume all companies have the funds to build this software, there will be no skilled labour again. na farm sure pass now ooo...

Bro what task exactly could it perform
Re: Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience by yvesboss(m): 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
akpobi:

Bro what task exactly could it perform

Accounting Software ... all processes are automated even to account reconciliations

1 Like

Re: Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience by Liamm(m): 1:29pm On May 07, 2017
I caught the guy that just liked my post. grin. Thanks Mr. lymelyte grin
Re: Robots And Intelligent Algorithms To Take Over Jobs - Share Your Experience by lymelyte(m): 1:36pm On May 07, 2017
Liamm:
I caught the guy that just liked my post. grin. Thanks Mr. lymelyte grin
lol..you're welcome liamm grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Got A Job Today / Vla Is Recruiting Ond / How I Got A Job Via Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.