Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,412 members, 7,800,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi (1178 Views)

Photos Of The Rolls-Royces In Emir Sanusi’s Garage / Emir Sanusi Returns From London, Welcomed In Style As He Arrives Kano / Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by shaddoww: 9:36am On Apr 16, 2017
For the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi II, there has always been something strange about the daughter, Shaheeda who represented him at the BBOG movement’s third anniversary lecture for missing Chibok girls in Abuja last Friday.
By her own account at the Transcorp-Hilton Hotel venue of the event, Shaheeda said that she just became the first female in northern Nigeria to represent an Emir at a formal event.
While she appeared to have some inkling about the criticism that was bound to trail the development, and her not so conventional or inadequate use of the veil, her father’s video message that introduced her as a rather strange child took some members of the audience by surprise.
“Although I won’t be there in person, I decided to send not my son but my daughter, Shaheeda to represent me,” the emir said in his introduction of Shaheeda.
“Let me tell you something about the young lady who is going to read my speech. Shaheeda is a graduate of African Leadership Academy in South Africa and a graduate from New York University as a Biology major.
“But long before she went to African Leadership Academy, when she was in Form 3, I remember an incident that is probably relevant for today.
Her mother came to me and said: ‘You need to talk to your daughter’ and I asked her: ‘Why?’
“She said: ‘Your daughter slapped a boy in school’. It is a bit strange so, I called Shaheeda and said: ‘Shaheeda, I heard that you slapped a boy in school. Why did you do it?’
“Then she said: ‘Dad, that boy has no respect for women’.
“So, I asked her exactly what she meant by that. It turned out that one day, during prep in the afternoon, in full class, the boy had come to her, and put his finger to her forehead and pushed it backwards, and he was in the habit of doing it to all the girls in the class.
“She had said nothing apparently and waited until the next day. She walked into the prep class late, the whole class was full, and she walked up to him, slapped him, and said: ‘That was for yesterday’.
“So, long before we started talking about marriage and talking about whether when your husband slaps you, you should slap him back, Shaheeda had decided for herself that she would not take abuse, she would not take insult and she would not be disrespected by any man.
“As you will see when she presents this paper and maybe if she has the time to speak her own mind, those who are opposed to my views and those who think that I am a problem have a much bigger problem to deal with in the next generation of Sanusis.
“They are far more radical, they are more progressive, they are far more committed, they are far more fearless.
“So, maybe it is time for us to address these issues before those group of tigers come to the scene,” the Emir stated in the video message shortly before his daughter, Shaheeda read a prepared text.

thenationonlineng.net
Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by donmalcolm21(m): 9:44am On Apr 16, 2017
Sanusi is gun blazing the conservative North. I pray he is not dethroned
Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by Smart41(m): 9:45am On Apr 16, 2017
Okpe o! grin

Meanwhile.. Need a reliable clearing agent? check my siggy.
Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by yaqq: 9:54am On Apr 16, 2017
na the boy were no slap her back naim make u d talk like dt!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by DrGoodman: 10:06am On Apr 16, 2017
The girl behaved like a mean babe, something you cannot see in the north.

1 Like

Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by poshestmina(f): 11:29am On Apr 16, 2017
If you see educated ,cute ,young and rich notherners ,you'd love them .They educate and empower their girl child and the stupid Almajiris will be busy bombing their lives.
Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 16, 2017
While Sanusi talks about being progressive and all that.

I hope his sentiments remain the same if a lowborn does the same to his son if his son oversteps?

This equality should not be based on class. I for one believe this gender inequality is more subjective to the class you belong to in the society.

Bill Gates daughter cannot fight tooth and nail to get a deserved promotion over her peers particularly males. Some women are more powerful than the men domiciled within their workplace, nothing like gender inequality on their own part.

Look at Clinton's wife telling a whole sitting head of state, that he either be captured dead or alive? Few days later he ended up dead.

You think an ordinary woman of low class or man self can talk that way?

Let a woman come from a high and powerful class, she will bring men who dare oppose her to heel! They will plead for mercy!
Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by uboma(m): 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
poshestmina:
If you see educated ,cute ,young and rich notherners ,you'd love them .They educate and empower their girl child and the stupid Almajiris will be busy bombing their lives.

They did not choose to be Almajiris.

Their parents and the Northern society decided their fate.

The Northern elites, instead of empowering these Almajiris with Western education and/or income generating skills and the micro-credit to practise these skills successfully, prefers to be spoon feeding these Almajiris, thereby encouraging them to beg for alms throughout their life time.

The life of an Almajiri is not an easy one. These boys as young as 4 years old sleep in the cold, have no proper clothing to protect them from the harsh harmattan, walk barefooted on the streets in the North, pick left over food in waste bins.... the list is endless. And the painful part is that these Amajiris watch helplessly as the children of the Northern elites enjoy a far better life than them.

Until the Almajiris are taken off the streets and are provided with a better life like their counterparts, the Northern elites should expect more rebellion from these Almajiris.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by babasolution: 8:46am On Apr 17, 2017
his daughter slapping a man is a good thing for him right??he should now expect women to start slapping his sons.This stupid old men after enjoying their utter dominance over women in their heyday,even with more women being empowered now,they now want their sons to submit to women,they now only see things from the feminine perspective,nt minding how young men will react to these things,these old men are fools,they will be wiped out frm the earth soon.
Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by babasolution: 9:49am On Apr 17, 2017
if its ok to for his daughter to slap a boy,then its ok for a boy to slap his daughter.that is true gender equality
Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by uboma(m): 11:40am On Apr 17, 2017
babasolution:
his daughter slapping a man is a good thing for him right??he should now expect women to start slapping his sons.This stupid old men after enjoying their utter dominance over women in their heyday,even with more women being empowered now,they now want their sons to submit to women,they now only see things from the feminine perspective,nt minding how young men will react to these things,these old men are fools,they will be wiped out frm the earth soon.

You failed to get the gist.

His daughter slapped the boy who went about bullying girls in their class at the time.

the girl did the right thing.

Emir Sanusi is only trying to emphasize the need for boys and men to respect girls and women in general. No boy/man should bully a lady/women simply because she's a female. Even when a woman is at fault, the man has no right to slap or hit her. there are more diplomatic ways to resolve conflicts/frictions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by uboma(m): 11:42am On Apr 17, 2017
babasolution:
if its ok to for his daughter to slap a boy,then its ok for a boy to slap his daughter.that is true gender equality

Your definition of gender equality is poorly conceived.
Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by babasolution: 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2017
uboma:

His daughter slapped the boy who went about bullying girls in their class at the time.

Emir Sanusi is only trying to emphasize the need for boys and men to respect girls and women in general. No boy/man should bully a lady/women simply because she's a female. Even when a woman is at fault, the man has no right to slap or hit her. there are more diplomatic ways to resolve conflicts/frictions.

even the woman is at fault?? jeez man u a joke,u guys dnt know women at all,u think they are saints,u pedestalizing women,they will walk all over u,no reasonable man will disrepect a woman because shes female,men also disrepect fellow men,so that would be because of what?? so u saying the woman has the right to slap the man,but the man should not slap the woman? man u guys are joking,u are a mangina,i detest men like u,traitors,u sell out ur own gender,keep on castrating urself
Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by babasolution: 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2017
uboma:

there should be mutual respect between boys,men and girls ,women.these are the type of messages we should send.instead what the emir and people like u postulate is the unhinging of women,making women feel they can do whatever they like to men and that they are always right no matter what they do,there are no messages about women respecting men,its always the reverse,if men let this fly, it eventually leads to the notion of female superiority and male submission to women.thats were we heading to,this is a grand worldwide conspiracy for female domination most men arent aware of this,they have almost been successful in western countries,there is a plan to weaken males the world over,it always start with subtle messages like this.i am ready to fight till the death against this evil conspiracy
Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by uboma(m): 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2017
babasolution:

even the woman is at fault?? jeez man u a joke,u guys dnt know women at all,u think they are saints,u pedestalizing women,they will walk all over u,no reasonable man will disrepect a woman because shes female,men also disrepect fellow men,so that would be because of what?? so u saying the woman has the right to slap the man,but the man should not slap the woman? man u guys are joking,u are a mangina,i detest men like u,traitors,u sell out ur own gender,keep on castrating urself

Lol.

You didn't need to insult me to pass your point.

Now I know that you are suffering from inferiority complex.

No one said that women should disrespect men because they are female.

the world over, women have been dominated by men and this is still the case in most climes.

There will be no need to engage in any further debate with you till you are able to manage your inferiority complex positively....
Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by uboma(m): 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2017
babasolution:

there should be mutual respect between boys,men and girls ,women.these are the type of messages we should send.instead what the emir and people like u postulate is the unhinging of women,making women feel they can do whatever they like to men and that they are always right no matter what they do,there are no messages about women respecting men,its always the reverse,if men let this fly, it eventually leads to the notion of female superiority and male submission to women.thats were we heading to,this is a grand worldwide conspiracy for female domination most men arent aware of this,they have almost been successful in western countries,there is a plan to weaken males the world over,it always start with subtle messages like this.i am ready to fight till the death against this evil conspiracy

If the little boy had respected himself in class, would the Emir's daughter dare to slap him?

On what grounds will she even do that if the boy hadn't been a bully to the girls in his class?

Like I said earlier, go and learn how to deal with your inferiority complex positively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It’s Ok That My Daughter Slapped A Boy’ – Sanusi by babasolution: 11:59pm On Apr 17, 2017
uboma:

If the little boy had respected himself in class, would the Emir's daughter dare to slap him?

On what grounds will she even do that if the boy hadn't been a bully to the girls in his class?

Like I said earlier, go and learn how to deal with your inferiority complex positively.

my issue is not with the girl slapping the boy,she is justified doing that,but my problem is with the message being sent,the message,the emir is passing a message that is promoting aggressive behaviour of girls toward boys,as if to praise girls for being aggressive towards men,this as serious consequences as it breaks the natural reverence women have towards men,when a man especially a revered man passes this sort of message,girls think its ok disrespect men,while boys are made to have high respect for women,this is bad,as this kinds of messages is damaging to little boys,who will now grow up pedestalising women,while the women in turn have less respect for men,this will make future men who are little boys now grow up to be submissive to women,it is real,that is the agenda,for whatever reason female domination is being promoted the world over,and men like u are not careful to see what is going on or you desire it.this kind of messages promote female aggression towards men while emasculating men.

(1) (Reply)

Ojij Izhi Nnodo(new Yam Festival In Izhi Of Ebonyi State / This post has been hidden / Where Do Nigerian Culture(s) Fit Into The 'modern' World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.