Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? (4570 Views)

Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Died / If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Are We Still Going To Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by hopefulLandlord: 10:06am On Apr 20, 2017
Horus:

Typical christian tendency!, asking questions to avoid answering a question

Instead, just say that you dont know the answer

lol even his detergent analogy makes no sense but Olaadegbu is not in the business of making sense anyways

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by frank317: 10:33am On Apr 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

According to the logic of ignorant atheists , the presence of detergent stops dirt from existing embarassed grin

You are comparing what ur almighty creator did to washing dirt of clothes. A whole Ur God came down from heaven to die only to achieve washing and setting. U make nonsense of the whole sacrifice when u look at it this way.

A whole​ creator decides to sacrifice himself for the sins of mankind yet the world is filled with sin like nothing of such happened. Even new born babies are born right into sin despite this important sacrifice.

What kind of belief is this?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:36am On Apr 20, 2017
frank317:

You are comparing what ur almighty creator did to washing dirt of clothes. A whole Ur God came down from heaven to die only to achieve washing and setting. U make nonsense of the whole sacrifice when u look at it this way.

A whole​ creator decides to sacrifice himself for the sins of mankind yet the world is filled with sin like nothing of such happened. Even new born babies are born right into sin despite this important sacrifice.

Jesus did not die to obliterate sin in the world . What is in this simple statement you don't get ?

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by hopefulLandlord: 10:43am On Apr 20, 2017
frank317:

lol

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 20, 2017
Simply put, without Jesus’ death on the cross for our sins, no one would have eternal life. Jesus Himself said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). In this statement, Jesus declares the reason for His birth, death, and resurrection—to provide the way to heaven for sinful mankind, who could never get there on their own.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Isaacmacdon(m): 11:34am On Apr 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Jesus did not die to obliterate sin in the world . What is in this simple statement you don't get ?
Dude you've got time. You can't smell ignorance on his post? There are somethings that can't be understood with the human mind, and it takes a genuine and divine intervention for such things to be brought to light.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Horus(m): 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol even his detergent analogy makes no sense but Olaadegbu is not in the business of making sense anyways

All christians are not in the business of making sense. According to christians their god destroyed the City Of Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexual sins, yet today there is more homosexual sins and even homosexual pastors inside the church.

Did their god forgot to kill them all? Now wait when Olaadegbu will try to explain to us that god probably didnt use enough "detergent" to remove all homosexual sins. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by hopefulLandlord: 2:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
onyenze123:
Simply put, without Jesus’ death on the cross for our sins, no one would have eternal life. Jesus Himself said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). In this statement, Jesus declares the reason for His birth, death, and resurrection—to provide the way to heaven for sinful mankind, who could never get there on their own.

oh! so everyone who died before Jesus came went straight to hell? including the Canaanite children? what a good god you serve

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by felixomor: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I'll start by asking you similar questions. Why do we still have dirty clothes since the invention of detergent? Why do we have dirty people since there is soap in the market? Answering those questions will give you a clue to the question you asked highlighted above. cool

Word!
Apt and to the point.

This answer exposes the ignorant questions of many atheists.

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by otemanuduno: 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
Faulkin(Zeusus Krista) didn't die for the sin of anyone. He died for his own sin of stealing and burgling the treasure houses of the government. He didn't even die when they placed him on the pole, but he actually died in the wilderness of Sodom-Egypt.

DOCTUFOS: Obscurum 28:1-29

Chapter Twenty-Eight 1. Now in the same night when Yeshu was taken, the Farhesis and the Sadosis and those in authority brought Yeshua before Arhenius. And they said, let us hang him on a pole as we do to the thieves. 2. And they tied Yeshua and two other thieves against a pole each with ropes. And Yeshua was mocked by the other two thieves. For the manner which Yeshua made his face did show that he had been mocked. 3. And the voice of Yeshua was loud upon the pole such that they who were far away could hear him. For they heard when Yeshua said, if you thieves shall seek forgiveness from me, then shall I grant you the paradise of my father. 4. And one of the thieves was moved to tears. And Yeshua promised him paradise. Now according to tradition, the thieves shall die by the spears after they had remained hanged on the poles for twelve hours. 5. Now at the sixth hour on the pole, Yeshua said, Eloi lama sabach tha noi! And all those around did not understand him because he spoke in the Seriot language which no homo erectus knew how to speak, except the nephilims and the anakims and the gods. 6. Now the interpretation of what he spoke was ‘my spiritual father, save my soul!’ 7. And Yeshua sweated so much and he spoke in Seriot the more. 8. Now the followers of Yeshua, willing to save him did go behind to bribe the Farhesis and Sadosis. And the Farhesis said, this matter which you bring to us is now beyond us. For Arhenius is fully involved in it. 9. For the things which Bar-Rabas did steal is more than what shall be forgiven him for. For he stole from the treasures of the land, which thing is worthy of death. 10. And one named Yosep among the Farhesis said, we shall save Bar-Rabas, but we shall not make it known to the people and Arhenius. For even the governor of Juda and Arhenius have both signed that he should be hanged and killed. 11. Now this is what we shall do. Get ready a mug filled with vinegar. And we shall give it to him to drink. And he shall pretend to be dead after drinking it. And our spear shall not come upon him, neither shall our mattock come upon his feet. 12. Now Yosep stood a distance away from the pole and called upon Yeshua with a weak voice. And Yeshua heard him because of the enormous strength of his auditory. And Yosep spoke softly the plans which he made. 13. And Yeshua, according to the plan, did ask for water, saying that he was thirsty. And Yosep came with a mug filled with vinegar. And when Yeshua had tasted it, he shouted and his head fell. 14. And those around thought that he had been poisoned by the thing which he drank. And when the twelfth hour was around, the officials came with their spears and mattocks to kill the thieves. 15. And Yosep said to them, this Bar-Rabas of the people had died about six hours ago after drinking from the cup. For I perceive that he has been poisoned by the king’s official, because they gave me a cup filled with vinegar when I asked for a cup of water for this so-called reincarnate of Zeusus and Krista. 16. And as soon as he had taken the vinegar, his head dropped and he did not behave himself alive again. 17. Now the officials said, let him remain hanging on the pole, but our spear shall not come upon him, neither shall our mattocks come down on his feet. For it is an abomination to spear the dead. 18. So the officials of the king pierced the bodies of the other two thieves and broke their legs with the mattocks. And the two thieves died. And Yosep went to ask for the body of Yeshua. And the body was given to him. 19. But no one knew that Yeshua was not dead, except Yosep and all the followers of Yeshua. Now the king sent some of his officials to witness how Yeshua shall be buried. And Yeshua was placed in a tomb and two guards did watch after the tomb, according to the order of Arhenius. 20. For there be some who come to the tombs within the space of two days after burial to steal the bodies of the dead for sacrifices to their gods. 21. Now Yosep and some of the followers of Yeshua went to the tomb and took Yeshua out of the tomb. And Yosep said, now O Yeshua, escape to Egypt and remain there until all things are set for your return. 22. And it shall be better for you to return after ten years; and this shall bring fear upon the people. Have you not said that if you die, you shall return also? Therefore, it shall be good for you to return after ten years. 23. Now Yeshua departed Juda, walking with his feet. And he was famished when he had reached the desert of Egypt called Sodom-Egypt. And Yeshua fell upon the sand of Sodom-Egypt and did not rise again because he was greatly weak. 24. Now Yahweh came to Sodom-Egypt and saw the body of Yeshua. And he said, I have no more need of you disobedient son. Now is my fire not ready? And as Jasheb came before you to Yacob, so has he also gone before you into the great fire. And I hear his agony daily. 25. Now Yahweh buried Yeshua beside the tomb of Jasheb and some of his elders whom he had first ordained to sit around his throne. For some of the elders had disobeyed him. 26. Now when Yahweh departed the place of tombs, the tomb of Jasheb shook. And he came out of the grave, because his soul had returned to his body again. 27. And the graves of many others shook also. For they had risen, because Jasheb had brought their souls to the consciousness that the afterlife of any homo is in his own hands; and the choice to remain in one afterlife rather than another belongs to the bearer of that soul. 28. Now many who arose hid themselves from Yahweh. But Yeshua did not return, because he did not know how to change the state of his afterlife. And Yeshua burnt in the fire of Yahweh his adopted father on and on. 29. And from then on, they who died with the consciousness that they shall be judged by Yahweh after death began to see themselves in the fire of Yahweh, because it was for the purpose of awareness he did send Yeshua to Juda to make known the fire which was then ready.

Some years after Yeshu(Zeusus Krista) died and was buried in Sodom-Egypt, Batimeus one of his former disciples saw and testified the quote below:

DOCTUFOS: Batimeus 30:13-30

13. And Didimus found the book which had the inscription upon it, reading, ‘Papiri va Jasheb’. And we took the book and came out of the tomb. 14. And we saw other tombs beside the tomb of Jonas. And we found the tombs of Velek and of Marmek and of Deganis and of Keltiel. And I knew that I had read about Deganis and Keltiel in some books before which I took from the chamber of Yeshu. Yes, even in the book of Jasheb did I read of them. 15. And I and Didimus opened the tomb which we found written on it, ‘Gadara va Faulkin, Imla va Murmoh’. And I said to Didimus, indeed this is the grave of Yeshu, for in his first form as a nephilim, he was named Faulkin and he was of the blood of the continent called Murmoh. 16. But the god of Juda adopted him and made him his child. And Didimus wondered at my great knowledge of mysteries. 17. Now when we had opened the tomb of Yeshu, we found his body lying down cold. And his flesh had rotten, therefore we took his bones and came out of the tomb. 18. And Didimus said, let us go away with this book of Jasheb and these bones of Yeshu. And we shall establish ourselves in Sodom-Egypt here as some great teachers. 19. And we took the book of Jasheb. Now I hereby replace the book of Jasheb with this scroll which I have written, believing that the god of knowledge and truth whom the Light spoke about will come for it to reveal it to all in this world and in the world to come. 20. So that by it shall they know the truth about some mysteries. Batimeus Thaddeus.

Faulkin didn't die for anyone but for his own evil.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by orisa37: 3:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
If you don't believe that, you're dead forever.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by frank317: 3:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

what then did he die for?

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by frank317: 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
Dude you've got time. You can't smell ignorance on his post? There are somethings that can't be understood with the human mind, and it takes a genuine and divine intervention for such things to be brought to light.

Oga supernatural mind... U that u mind is above human understanding, tell us why Jesus died. Ebuka said he didn't die for the sin of the world... If that's the case is he not agreeing to the fact that the sacrifice was a waste of time?

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by kolaish(m): 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
Horus:
If your jesus died on the cross for the world to be saved, why is there still sin today? Was not the personified Son of God enough to cleanse the whole world of sin?. Why did he have to send his beloved son to die for the sins of the world?. Couldn't he just come himself, or wave his hand and make it all well. He said his spirit was willing but his flesh was weak, and what did God do? His only begotten son, according to your belief, he let him die by Cruci-Fction. So that's how God showed his love?. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And we are supposed to teach our children this and perpetuate the greatest "story" (lie) ever told? NOT!
1 Corinthians 1:18 - The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.

My advice to you is to seek knowledge and stop vomiting what you don't know. Read the bible and get to know your purpose for existence. You are a pilgrim on this earth.

With due respect please.

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

oh! so everyone who died before Jesus came went straight to hell? including the Canaanite children? what a good god you serve

That's why an alternative route purgatory was established.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Horus(m): 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
kolaish:
1 Corinthians 1:18 - The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.

My advice to you is to seek knowledge and stop vomiting what you don't know. Read the bible and get to know your purpose for existence. You are a pilgrim on this earth.

With due respect please.

You are so busy saying; "I don't know what I am talking about" that you forget to answers the questions presented in the topic
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by kolaish(m): 5:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
Horus:

You are so busy saying; "I don't know what I am talking about" that you forget to answers the questions presented in the topic
The truth is that there is nothing to answer in the questions because you asked sarcastically and not to know. Therefore, there is no answer that I will give to you that you will ever take correctly because you asked from a pre-conceived mind. If you really want to know, why not read from the bible directly.

That is how the Jews of those days of Jesus lived in ignorance until Jesus left them. For some people, even if Jesus still come back to reveal himself, they will still not believe him again because they are destined for destruction (not you please, I pray it will never be your portion). Paul the apostle did worse to christianity and at the end he testified to the truth of Jesus Ministry. Are you waiting to be arrested like Paul before you believe that Jesus really came?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Horus(m): 5:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
kolaish:
The truth is that there is nothing to answer in the questions because you asked sarcastically and not to know. Therefore, there is no answer that I will give to you that you will ever take correctly because you asked from a pre-conceived mind. If you really want to know, why not read from the bible directly.

That is how the Jews of those days of Jesus lived in ignorance until Jesus left them. For some people, even if Jesus still come back to reveal himself, they will still not believe him again because they are destined for destruction (not you please, I pray it will never be your portion). Paul the apostle did worse to christianity and at the end he testified to the truth of Jesus Ministry. Are you waiting to be arrested like Paul before you believe that Jesus really came?

I am not alone on the forum, so the questions were asked so that all members of the forum could benefit by receiving reasonable answers. Unfortunatly you are just looking at malicious intent behind my questions instead of giving us real answers.

3 Likes

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by kolaish(m): 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2017
Horus:

I am not alone on the forum, so the questions were asked so that all members of the forum could benefit by receiving reasonable answers. Unfortunatly you are just looking at malicious intent behind my questions instead of giving us real answers.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And we are supposed to teach our children this and perpetuate the greatest "story" (lie) ever told? NOT!

This your statement above, my brother is not good. THE STORY IS NEVER LIES. The people (apostles) that witnessed all that happened narrated this in the bible.

2Peter 1:16-18:

16 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17 For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when there was borne such a voice to him by the Majestic Glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased:
18 and this voice we ourselves heard borne out of heaven, when we were with him in the holy mount.

I have gone to Jerusalem and see some of those historic places as relayed in the bible, they are REAL and not made-up stories by anybody.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by kolaish(m): 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
Horus:
If your jesus died on the cross for the world to be saved, why is there still sin today? Was not the personified Son of God enough to cleanse the whole world of sin?. Why did he have to send his beloved son to die for the sins of the world?. Couldn't he just come himself, or wave his hand and make it all well. He said his spirit was willing but his flesh was weak, and what did God do? His only begotten son, according to your belief, he let him die by Cruci-Fction. So that's how God showed his love?. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And we are supposed to teach our children this and perpetuate the greatest "story" (lie) ever told? NOT!
Now, let me just give you a summary of this from a human side:

We pay huge amount and stress to go to school, but did the school just give us good grades and certificate because of that, No. There is a sacrifice we have to pass through before we get good grades and certificate, EXAM, which is a test of the student credibility. Jesus has to come and pay the supreme sacrifice (crucifixion) for us to live eternally (after death on earth), because as human, we have all sinned through Adam and so:

God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but desires them to turn from their wicked ways so that they can live (Ezekiel 33:11). But He will not force us into submission; if we choose to reject Him, He accepts our decision to live eternally apart from Him. Life on earth is a test, a preparation for what is to come
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Isaacmacdon(m): 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
frank317:

Oga supernatural mind... U that u mind is above human understanding, tell us why Jesus died. Ebuka said he didn't die for the sin of the world... If that's the case is he not agreeing to the fact that the sacrifice was a waste of time?
Dude, I didn't quote you. It's better you kindly stay where you belong.

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by plappville(f): 7:14am On Apr 21, 2017
Horus:

You have gotten the answers ever since from the bible and logically. But your mind is blocked to accept them. So deal with it.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by plappville(f): 7:20am On Apr 21, 2017
aminusanti:
if u can call prophet mohammad (s.a.w) a terrorist then moses, abraham and d rest r terrorists as wel according to u...now answer the OP or exit as usual

Muhammed was a pedophile dont compare please. Or Was anyof these names u mentioned married a 6 years old child? By the way, Did God ever speak to Muhammad apart from his self claimed angel Jubril that was said to be absent the day Muhammed ate the food poison that sent him to early grave?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by plappville(f): 7:21am On Apr 21, 2017
Isaacmacdon:

Exactly! !
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by aminusanti(m): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2017
plappville:

Muhammed was a pedophile dont compare please. Or Was anyof these names u mentioned married a 6 years old child? By the way, Did God ever speak to Muhammad apart from his self claimed angel Jubril that was said to be absent the day Muhammed ate the food poison that sent him to early grave?
ok
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by frank317: 11:30am On Apr 21, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
Dude, I didn't quote you. It's better you kindly stay where you belong.

ok,sorry, no cry again
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by frank317: 1:50pm On Apr 21, 2017
plappville:

You have gotten the answers ever since from the bible and logically. But your mind is blocked to accept them. So deal with it.

And that's the bone of contention here. You guys(Reinhard Bonnke inclusive) want us to worship a God who behaves like inanimate soap rather than act like an almighty, all knowing, all loving creator he claim to be

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Horus(m): 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
plappville:

Where in the bible?, and why are you still a sinner today if Jesus died for your sins?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Horus(m): 3:50pm On Apr 21, 2017
kolaish:
Now, let me just give you a summary of this from a human side:

We pay huge amount and stress to go to school, but did the school just give us good grades and certificate because of that, No. There is a sacrifice we have to pass through before we get good grades and certificate, EXAM, which is a test of the student credibility. Jesus has to come and pay the supreme sacrifice (crucifixion) for us to live eternally (after death on earth), because as human, we have all sinned through Adam and so:

God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but desires them to turn from their wicked ways so that they can live (Ezekiel 33:11). But He will not force us into submission; if we choose to reject Him, He accepts our decision to live eternally apart from Him. Life on earth is a test, a preparation for what is to come

What was the point to come and pay the supreme sacrifice if he knew that after, you will be a sinner again and again?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by kolaish(m): 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
Horus:

What was the point to come and pay the supreme sacrifice if he knew that after, you will be a sinner again and again?
I am Sorry I cannot help you. You are very far apart spiritually. Look to me like teaching elementary class. Please get close to the bible and attend bible study class regularly if you really want to know why.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by frank317: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
kolaish:
I am Sorry I cannot help you. You are very far apart spiritually. Look to me like teaching elementary class. Please get close to the bible and attend bible study class regularly if you really want to know why.

Calling him an elementary student cannot help your case. You have failed and you know it. Even with your self claimed spiritual height you cannot explain to an elementary student why the Almighty creator died. Isnt this what your God asked you to do on his behalf? And when you cant convince anyone you say you are spiritually apart... what is the purpose of having spiritual accomplishment when u cant explain to a doubtful person why Jesus died for him.

Or is this all a lie and you know u really have nothing to say.

3 Likes

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Horus(m): 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
kolaish:

I can see that you refuse to answers the question, and I also notice that you dont know the difference between spirituality and religion.

If you call the bible a spriritual book then you are the one who is very far apart spiritually.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? / Prophet Elijah Olufemi Akinade(baba Lion) Of Cac Lion Of Judah Gone? / Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.