Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Episodes Of Life (the Hardship To Survive) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Episodes Of Life (the Hardship To Survive) (335 Views)

knight of valor episodes / My First Girlfriend - My Life Story (in Episodes) / Life The Way I See It ( Family Drama Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Episodes Of Life (the Hardship To Survive) by phantomayo: 12:37pm On Apr 16, 2017
PART 2

Ashley went back to her boss's office. He pulled her to him, kissing her violently. She didn't like any bit of it but she complied. She knew her saviour was gonna come to her rescue some day.
“Easy darling," she said to him. “Take it easy baby doll." She kissed him then went back to lock the door. They did there thing as usual in the office for his temper to subside.

Terry went down the stairs as she searched for her phone nervously. She got it kissed it then checked out some stuff before she called Jessica, her flatmate.
“Count me on lunch. " she said to Jessica. “Nakuja na mushene (I'm coming with lots of gist)." Then hanged up.
She walked towards the city centre. Around National archives people are always crowded, you could easily stumble in several if not careful.
She walked her mind focused on her plans and not on her steps. She hit hard into a hard chest sending her phone flying in the air.
For a moment she thought she'd lost it. ‘What a mess!' She cursed looking back at her efforts.
Fortunately the phone landed on the laps of a ‘momo' (huge lady).
Her eyes were following the phone. She slowly raised them to meet this of her supposed saviour.
The Momo looked up at her and smiled handing her the phone. Terry gave a deep sigh of relief.
“Be careful. Put that in your bag." The momo said looking back into a booklet she was holding.
Terry said a word of thanks then turned to look at this careless hard-chested being.
She recognised him immediately, “Youu!!!?? You seem to carry around bad luck. Whenever I bump in you, something wrong happens....look at this now. If I had lost my phone, you wouldn't have liked the scene I would have created "
He apologised looking around to confirm people's eyes on them.
He pulled her away by the hand and tried to explain to her what had happened to him.
It was the guy they met earlier on. He had been sacked!
“What! What a life." She mumbled some words with an apology concluding her statement.

He led her to a fast food close by so that they could talk freely over a glass of juice.
“Well, I know we didn't have enough time to get to know each other. " he stated scratching his beard nervously. “ I'm Mash as people refer to me. But my full names are Victor Macharia. "
He paused sipping on his juice. On the other hand, Terry was searching deeply into her companion with her sharp eyes.
Maybe he is a conman. She thought to herself.
“..er..my name is Terry and it was a pleasure meeting you. And I prefer Vic over Mash, does it bother you?." She asked.
“The pleasure is mine. No problem my dear, feel free." He said.
Then silence ensued the atmosphere surrounding the two youngsters.
They both concentrated on their drinks hoping the other would start a conversation.
Terry was always outspoken. So she spoke up. “ So tell me, What happened at your work place.?"
Vic went down narrating the turn of events.
He flash backed on where all this started.

His father, was a very wealthy man. He had businesses running all over Nairobi and beyond.
The problem was, he was a womanizer. A lady couldn't just pass by without him making a move.
This behaviour was annoying and eating deep into the heart of his long wedded wife, who to Vic's mother.
It was slowly eating into her that she had depressions after depressions leading into a severe heart failure which led to her death.
Vic wasn't too young to understand the unveiling events. He knew too well that Mr Githinji, his father was the one who killed his beloved mum.
But after his wife's death, Githinji couldn't change his ways.
He started chasing his brother's wife. His brother, Nelson wasn't wealthy as his brother was.
His wife was materialistic and loved money a lot. She loved a fancied kind of life.
This was the breakthrough for Githinji. He won her over overnight thanks to his massive possession of wealth.
Mary left her husband and moved in with her supposed brother Inlaw.
This was the bone of contention between the two beloved brothers.
Nelson swore to make life miserable for his brother.
He planned for this and it seemed things worked in his favour.
Mary was killed and the blame was shifted on Githinji. On further investigations, all the evidences pointed at him, Githinji.
As we speak now, he's serving a life sentence in Kamiti Prisons.
Nelson took over his brother's businesses.
Vic was his father's only child and he was left alone. Even the house that belonged to Githinji was now under the care of Nelson, a heartless being.
Vic made an effort to ask his uncle to at least employ him as a cleaner so that he can fend for himself.
Nelson agreed to employ him as a messenger. That was much better than a cleaner.
He was given a room to stay in but in case he did any wrong, he would be sure to lose his job and the only roof on his head.
Vic started working for his uncle at the age of 19 a year after his secondary education.
He didn't go any further due to life's cruelty.
Yesterday he had to deliver some business proposals to two companies but he didn't because the work was overwhelming.
And today he came to work late.
Nelson got furious and fired him at once. It looked like he was desperately waiting for this chance way too long now.
Now the job is gone and the house he depended on too.

Their conversation seemed to last forever when they were interrupted by a vibrating phone. It was Terry's.
She checked and saw Jess's incoming call. She had forgotten about the lunch issue.
She picked up.
OVER THE PHONE
Terry: hello sweetheart? Before you start on me with your big mouth, I'm sorry. Just caught up in a very important meeting. I will eat the food cold. (Chuckling)
Jess: silly..you will pay for my services. I needed to know if you are okey. It has been 3hrs since you called, b*tch. I thought you would be lying somewhere in a mortuary.
They laughed like silly then hanged up
Terry looked up at Vic her eyes filled with concern. “I'm so sorry about everything." She said not finding the right words to tell her companion. In return Vic gave a painful smile. “Life must have been cruel to you."
He shook his head in agreement.
Then he picked her hand in his and said almost not sure of himself,
“I need a favour from you."

A friend or a wolf?

"He who earns calamity, eats it with his family."

Read betrayal, suspense and love...Chapter 3-10 here https://continet-alnews..com.ng/2017/04/episodes-of-life-chapter-3.html?m=0

(1) (Reply)

Dark Burden (2) / The Road Unseen / Regrets Chapter Three

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.