Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? (20399 Views)

Isn't This The Best Answer On Why You’re Leaving Your Current Workplace? / Jobs Seekers – See Best Way To Answer “why Should We Hire You?” / Why Should We Hire You? The Answer To The Question! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? by k199192: 8:31am On Apr 21, 2017
RIPEnglish:
All this will not helped you, just prayed hard and got luck in your side.
your gbagaun is back to back... Every phrase was a hit...
Re: Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? by lebete3000: 8:59am On Apr 21, 2017
InformedLola:
You finally got an interview invite to that dream job. After sending a carefully prepared Curriculum Vitae and brilliantly scaling through difficult assessment tests, you are at the final hurdle. You are now seated before a panel of smiling yet intimidating-looking interviewers after days of preparation, but the simple question ‘Why Should We Hire You?” stops you in your tracks, and you try to stammer out a response, not sure of the best answer to give.

Your confusion is not strange. Statistics show that the ‘Why Should We Hire You’ question is one of the most difficult interview questions of the 21st Century and the one job seekers fail at the most.

The Best Answer to The Question:
There is no best answer to the ‘Why Hire You’ question, but there is a guideline you must follow to craft a brief yet impactful response that will effectively convince your interviewer(s) that you are the best man or woman for the job.
The guideline is simply:
1. What are your top 3 soft skills: e.g problem solving, analytics, collaboration?
2. What is an example of a situation in which you used these skills?
3. What is your top achievement?
4. How can you bring these skills and the experience gained when you accomplished (2) to play in the role you are interviewing for?

Going by this guideline, what will your response to the question be? Try it and see.

Also see a sample response at the Source page.

Source: http://blog.sprocial.com/2017/04/why-hire-me.html

And here I am always thinking this question is about what I stand to gain not knowing it's much more about what I can offer.

Thanx Bro for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? by Beejayx: 9:50am On Apr 21, 2017
Smile and say they need someone to the undone job and you can do it well
Re: Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? by dulaman: 10:10am On Apr 21, 2017
Because you are hiring.
Re: Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? by bonetalk(m): 11:55am On Apr 21, 2017
this is the best reply

3 Likes

Re: Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? by Makz: 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2017
yorex2011:
This question shouldn't really be a difficult one.
Just think of the way Messi will answer to a football club on why they should sign him cheesy

Club Manager: Dee Messi, Why should we sign you?
Messi: I have excellent dribbling skills evident in some of the memorable solo goals I have scored in the past, I can create opportunities for your team as I possess a clear vision to pull out final passes, I had over 100 assists at my time in my former club. I also have great leadership skills, pride myself in being able to motivate my players both on and off the pitch. I believe with the skills I have consolidated by my years of experience, I can help bring your team from the 3rd division to become champions league contenders grin grin

Just mention your strong points and how it will directly affect the company and you should be fine.. you cant go to a bank and say the reason they should hire you is that you can cook ofada rice...Your reasons has to affect them directly..else you are in the wrong interview.
If you can, mention times when you had to rely on these skills and how they brought results. It doesnt have to be professional or official.

Creative and funny. My best answer sha... I dobale for you sir. #wehdone
Re: Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
Kachi188:

And you think they haven't heard your rehearsed and choreographed response a million times...Immediately you start, they roll their eyes and think.."Here we go again..."

Think outside the box, give an answer unique to you...be honest

I wish I can 'like' your comment a thousand times. All these factory-fitted responses would definitely lose them the interview if I was the interviewer. Why do these job-seeker advisers not realise that interviewers read too?

2 Likes

Re: Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? by InformedLola(f): 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
Kachi188:

And you think they haven't heard your rehearsed and choreographed response a million times...Immediately you start, they roll their eyes and think.."Here we go again..."

Think outside the box, give an answer unique to you...be honest

And the below is your best out-of-the-box response?

Or you can just go with one of my favourites..."You need staff, I need a job....looks like a win-win"...with a cheeky smile

Very funny.

Also, you need to up your comprehension game. The article clearly stated that think of YOUR skills and past achievements to mould your response on what you can do for the company.

It did not say repeat the example verbatim or structure it exactly as the example.
Re: Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? by InformedLola(f): 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
yorex2011:
This question shouldn't really be a difficult one.
Just think of the way Messi will answer to a football club on why they should sign him cheesy

Club Manager: Dee Messi, Why should we sign you?
Messi: I have excellent dribbling skills evident in some of the memorable solo goals I have scored in the past, I can create opportunities for your team as I possess a clear vision to pull out final passes, I had over 100 assists at my time in my former club. I also have great leadership skills, pride myself in being able to motivate my players both on and off the pitch. I believe with the skills I have consolidated by my years of experience, I can help bring your team from the 3rd division to become champions league contenders grin grin

Just mention your strong points and how it will directly affect the company and you should be fine.. you cant go to a bank and say the reason they should hire you is that you can cook ofada rice...Your reasons has to affect them directly..else you are in the wrong interview.
If you can, mention times when you had to rely on these skills and how they brought results. It doesnt have to be professional or official.

Meanwhile
https://www.nairaland.com/3727949/lagos-state-graduate-internship-program#55342446

Good one. Kachi188 should take pointers from this.
Re: Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? by Justuceleague2: 7:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
amiibaby:
Thanks

Touch me baby

(1) (2) (Reply)

N-Build Applicants To Commence Physical Verification Next Week / Have I Been Scammed? / 180 Ekiti Assembly Workers Lose Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.