Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

1yr PGD/C And The Reality Of Getting A PR - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 1yr PGD/C And The Reality Of Getting A PR (861 Views)

Getting A PR In Australia Through Master Of Education In Digital Learning / The Reality About Kazakhstan And Warning To Nigerians / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1yr PGD/C And The Reality Of Getting A PR by khasm(m): 9:28pm On Apr 16, 2017
I open this thread in other to be enlightened and for experienced people to throw more light on the possibilities of getting a PR via the PGC route.

Since a larger percentage of nigerians paying huge sums as tuition do so with a mindset of settling in canada after study, whether as Phd,Master or PGC/D.

What are the case specific conditions for a 1yrPGC student after study to get PR? Noting the CEC program requires 2yr of study.
Is the 1yrPGWP renewable? Or how do i still remain legal?
Re: 1yr PGD/C And The Reality Of Getting A PR by salford: 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
Its almost impossible. Your one year pgwp would run out faster than you can say jack robinson.
CEC no longer exists, and a pgwp is not renewable..
If you still wanna do the pgc/pg route, you may still be lucky to get a shot at PR via provincial nominee program.
Re: 1yr PGD/C And The Reality Of Getting A PR by khasm(m): 6:47am On Apr 17, 2017
salford:
Its almost impossible. Your one year pgwp would run out faster than you can say jack robinson.
CEC no longer exists, and a pgwp is not renewable..
If you still wanna do the pgc/pg route, you may still be lucky to get a shot at PR via provincial nominee program.

shocked. Thanks buddy.
What of a situation your spouse has SOWP. Is there any likelihood of shot @PR from spouse's angle? Or its just a dead end for PG route
I have hnd thats why i'm stuck with the pg route. angry,just got my mba from lasu after so many years,not sure if i can do masters with that in canada.
Re: 1yr PGD/C And The Reality Of Getting A PR by salford: 2:00am On Apr 18, 2017
khasm:

shocked. Thanks buddy.
What of a situation your spouse has SOWP. Is there any likelihood of shot @PR from spouse's angle? Or its just a dead end for PG route
I have hnd thats why i'm stuck with the pg route. angry,just got my mba from lasu after so many years,not sure if i can do masters with that in canada.
Yes. There is a shot at PR if your spouse qualifies under the express entry route.
If you have an Hnd, Pgdip and an MBA. It's better you visit the express entry thread on Nairaland. You could stand a chance of migrating through express entry and not bother about the student route which cost lots
, and PR is not even guaranteed after grad.
Re: 1yr PGD/C And The Reality Of Getting A PR by todayo(m): 5:50am On Apr 18, 2017
You mean with a year Pgd, pr is not guaranteed? What if I apply for another study to buy time after expiration of my prog and pgwp, would I still be opportuned
to get PR?

(1) (Reply)

Traveling As A Nigerian Ambassador / Any / Bad Roads Vs Good Roads: Which Is Responsible For Accidents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.