Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Lagos Competing With Newyork - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Competing With Newyork (3181 Views)

Throwback Newyork Times Biafrans Capitulate To Nigeria, Ending 30mth Civil War. / Ekiti PDP Women Slam Sen. Olujimi, Say Competing Leadership With Fayose An Insul / Papua New Guinea president went to UN meeting in NewYork on traditional dress. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Competing With Newyork by tollyboy5(m): 12:04am On Apr 17, 2017
seems we've been celebrating Lagos @50 this is my own part of the celebration my fellow lagosians do you see much difference from Lagos to newyork lipsrsealed me I'm not seeing much difference as I see Lagos as world richest city withing ten years maximum. grin quote me any where. compare this pixs nq :p

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by tollyboy5(m): 12:07am On Apr 17, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Earth2Metahuman: 12:07am On Apr 17, 2017
Oga wait till they finish atlantic city, then we can finally compare lagos to new york.
Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by tollyboy5(m): 12:09am On Apr 17, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 17, 2017
SMH @OP

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Earth2Metahuman: 12:20am On Apr 17, 2017
You are only showing manhanttan

You do realize manhanttan is not entire newyork right? Its just an area in new york.
Just like lekki in lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by emmy4lov(m): 12:28am On Apr 17, 2017
soon we will get there ...!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by braine(m): 2:12am On Apr 17, 2017
Lagos is far behind tho.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Amberon: 2:19am On Apr 17, 2017
Lol.... Can't even compare Lagos to Nairobi of Kenya or to Cairo or Alendria or even to Abidjan.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 17, 2017
Amberon:
Lol.... Can't even compare Lagos to Nairobi of Kenya or to Cairo or Alendria or even to Abidjan.

in what aspect man? cause you are sounding pained.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Eastwalk(m): 6:17am On Apr 17, 2017
Lagos to New York if I hear undecided

But Lagos dey sha

Lagos

New York

1 Like

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by iaatmguy(m): 6:20am On Apr 17, 2017
Like seriously? Comparing Lagos to new York,? that's been over ambitious. It's sentiments like this that do not make our governments perform well.
In terms of structure you can't even compare the most developed part in Lagos to the worst part of new york
Call a spade a spade
But we will get there

Mind you am a Lagosian.
Ikorodu to be precise

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Eastwalk(m): 6:21am On Apr 17, 2017
1&2.Lagos

3&4 New York

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by ZombieTERROR: 6:25am On Apr 17, 2017
Lagos cannot even compete with Cairo or joburg not to talk of New York
Lagos that has no single underground train station.... Smh

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by ednut1(m): 6:33am On Apr 17, 2017
half of victoria island, lekki and environs no get drainage. small rain equals river

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by wristbangle: 7:08am On Apr 17, 2017
This is just mockery. Lagos that is not even up to half as beautiful as Cairo, alexandra, capetown, johannesburg, port of elizabeth let alone New York.

I am not saying lagos is not beautiful but a lot still needs to be done. Atlantic city, smart project city, transform all the mainland ghettos, work on drainage system and road network within the VI, then we can boast of an international serene city in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Kingsley10000: 7:12am On Apr 17, 2017
Lagos can't even be compared with 2nd tier cities in china(nanjing,wuham,hangzou,habei, xinjiang not to talk of NY.......

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Jetleeee: 7:39am On Apr 17, 2017
Lol...You need to try comedy.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 17, 2017
A functional city if not judged by the number of skyscrapers but whether

1: transport system - Lagos is in a gridlock due to lack of mass transit

2: electricity: do people have light for business in Lagos?

3: sanitation : how clean is your city of Lagos ?

Trust me it's easy to build tall structures, but Lagos is far from a functional 21st century city

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:58am On Apr 17, 2017
I think this Yoruba OP has rabies. Somebody call the dog catcher to come and grab him. In a hundred years Lagos cannot match NY.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by YonkijiSappo: 8:12am On Apr 17, 2017
Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Earth2Metahuman: 8:14am On Apr 17, 2017
AsiwajuNdigbo:
I think this Yoruba OP has rabies. Somebody call the dog catcher to come and grab him. In a hundred years Lagos cannot match NY.
says ashiwajuNdiflatheads.
And which South East city will ever come close to lagos in 1000years? The giant slum of aba? grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Onwardvic(m): 8:28am On Apr 17, 2017
When the NZA compares itself with the eagle.
Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by AsiwajuNdigbo: 8:30am On Apr 17, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
says ashiwajuNdiflatheads.
And which South East city will ever come close to lagos in 1000years? The giant slum of aba? grin

Shut up! We are not talking about East. See topic for proper reference.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by irynterri(f): 8:35am On Apr 17, 2017
abeg,the only "mega city" in 21st century without constant electricity,this country they shame me big time angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Earth2Metahuman: 8:38am On Apr 17, 2017
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Shut up! We are not talking about East. See topic for proper reference.
e pain am

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by juman(m): 8:40am On Apr 17, 2017
The state is moving forward.

Also the government is able to maintain a stable security. A lot of commendation for that.
Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by firstking01(m): 8:44am On Apr 17, 2017
Lagos ke?....op is high on uda weedgrin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by juman(m): 8:45am On Apr 17, 2017
The population of lagos is too much because there is no stable electricity in the country.

Millions of nigerians are forced to move to lagos to survive because they have nothing to do in their respective villages and towns.
Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by Amberon: 9:10am On Apr 17, 2017
Pained about what exactly? If you cannot converse intellectually then desist from quoting me.

I understand that you may applaud mediocrity and are obviously blinded by sentiments but not everyone is as oblivious as you.
Kingsolex1:

in what aspect man? cause you are sounding pained.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Competing With Newyork by MrMaestro: 9:29am On Apr 17, 2017
I love lagos, but it is not there yet. But once Eko atlantic finishes, it will be BETTER than New York, that is just a fact. New York is looking dated. Anyone who has been to dubai or singapore knows New york is in the past. Lagos is the future. And the future is bright! People will laugh, but 25yrs ago you would laugh if you said Hong Kong would be a major destination, but look at it now. The same will happen in lagos 20yrs from now. These are mockups of the Eko Atlantic city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnCbPXgTzow

(1) (2) (Reply)

BUSTED! Women Caught Sharing Money At APC Campaign For Buhari’s Re-election(Pics / Can Buhari Still Win Kano State? / Who Do You Think Is Inside The Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.