Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,030 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:44 AM

Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi (43309 Views)

Photos Of The Rolls-Royces In Emir Sanusi’s Garage / Emir Sanusi Took His Family To Cinema In UK (Photos) / Emir Sanusi Returns From London, Welcomed In Style As He Arrives Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2017
woe to her husband and in laws, instead of kisses and hugs, they will get slaps and kicks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by mars123(m): 11:04am On Apr 17, 2017
Only those with high self esteem can understand her and her father. You can't win with a low self esteem.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Donjazzy12(m): 11:04am On Apr 17, 2017
AdoraAmadi:
Emir of Kano and former CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, who once said that those who think he's a problem, should wait for his children, has disclosed why he supported his daughter, Shaheeda who represented him at the BBOG movement’s third anniversary lecture for missing Chibok girls in Abuja last Friday, when he slapped a boy.

By her own account at the Transcorp-Hilton Hotel venue of the event, Shaheeda said that she just became the first female in northern Nigeria to represent an Emir at a formal event.

While she appeared to have some inkling about the criticism that was bound to trail the development, and her not so conventional or inadequate use of the veil, her father’s video message that introduced her as a rather strange child took some members of the audience by surprise.

“Let me tell you something about the young lady who is going to read my speech. When she was in Form 3, I remember an incident that is probably relevant for today. Her mother came to me and said: ‘You need to talk to your daughter’ and I asked her: ‘Why?’ “She said: ‘Your daughter slapped a boy in school’.

It is a bit strange so, I called Shaheeda and said: ‘Shaheeda, I heard that you slapped a boy in school. Why did you do it?’ “Then she said: ‘Dad, that boy has no respect for women’.

So, I asked her exactly what she meant by that. It turned out that one day, during prep in the afternoon, in full class, the boy had come to her, and put his finger to her forehead and pushed it backwards, and he was in the habit of doing it to all the girls in the class.
She had said nothing apparently and waited until the next day. She walked into the prep class late, the whole class was full, and she walked up to him, slapped him, and said: ‘That was for yesterday’.

So, long before we started talking about marriage and talking about whether when your husband slaps you, you should slap him back, Shaheeda had decided for herself that she would not take abuse, she would not take insult and she would not be disrespected by any man,” the Emir stated in the video message shortly before his daughter, Shaheeda read a prepared text.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/why-my-daughter-got-my-support-after.html

The Emir is campaigning for violence against men. I will waitbfir his reaction the day his wife will slap him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by numericalguy(m): 11:05am On Apr 17, 2017
This Emir is a disgrace to Muslims. How can you encourage your daughter to be taking laws into their hands in a place where their is a constituted authority.

Mr. Emir, who made your daughter the judge, jury and executioner in the case. By what standard did she judge the boy guilty before administering punishment. What if your daughter had decided that death is the appropriate punishment for the boy's offence, that means you will be glad your daughter is a murderer. Why does your rich and spoilt daughter feel too big to report the incident to the school authority.

Mr. Emir, your daughter is bad influence in her school and I would not be surprised if she later becomes a cult member and start killing her fellow students in the university.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Mpanyi: 11:05am On Apr 17, 2017
Good one from Sanusi once more

1 Like

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:06am On Apr 17, 2017
GloriaNinja:
THIS STORY GET KWASHIOKOR.
Exactly! Cock and bull story...

Sanusi is shameless
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Pascal181: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2017
I just find myself loving this emir lately.

5 Likes

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by crisisexpert321(m): 11:06am On Apr 17, 2017
Emir keep it up. Do you need a hospitality consultant? 08062313232, niyiandy97@gmail.com
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by megareal: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2017
The girl get sense. I like women who don't hide behind their feminity to tolerate abuse and disrespect.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by adontcare(f): 11:06am On Apr 17, 2017
Good one. Take no nonsense from nobody. Me like

3 Likes

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by kingd612: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2017
Oga you are a fool, will you get away with your useless daughter, idiot! should I jump into lagoon because she's fond of slapping boys and you have her support?
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by akanbiaa(m): 11:07am On Apr 17, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:
Nonsense, so what was the moral lesson for his daughter's taking laws into her hands to assault her classmate? What about warning the erring young man not to do it again instead of rendering a slap and getting away with it.
it was after the boy used his finger to push her head and head of other girls and she slapped him the next day that her father was notified. He never said he supported her actions but he was trying to portray her as how northern girls should behave i.e never allow a man disrespect and enslave you. Take your time to read the full news and dont let the nairaland caption misguide you.

13 Likes

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by SEYILIGHT(m): 11:08am On Apr 17, 2017
Ologogoro.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:09am On Apr 17, 2017
megareal:
The girl get sense. I like women who don't hide behind their feminity to tolerate abuse and disrespect.
You see you are applauding her act but I'm sure you will cry foul if it was his son that punches a girl.

You these Naija branded feminists are pathetically confused. So if a lady uses her thumb to push a guy on his forehead he has the right to beat her? Hahaha

What a pity

6 Likes

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by bukatyne(f): 11:10am On Apr 17, 2017
I am trying hard to understand how slapping a bully equals slapping future husband and in-laws...

The Emir voiced out what a lot of parents teach their kids: deal with any bully instead of crying to mama/ papa.

Besides, I am sure the Emir is a sensible man and if he felt his daughter's action was wrong, he would have corrected her.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Cynthyworld(f): 11:12am On Apr 17, 2017
D rich will cry soon sad
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 17, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:
Nonsense, so what was the moral lesson for his daughter's taking laws into her hands to assault her classmate? What about warning the erring young man not to do it again instead of rendering a slap and getting away with it.

The boy assaulted her first by pushing her head with his finger... that is still classified as assault under the law, if you want to get logical about it. So, if he tries to bring up an assault case, she herself can also bring up the previous assault case.

7 Likes

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Lordkylie(f): 11:13am On Apr 17, 2017
Just like my grandmother (God bless her soul).She always encouraged us to stand up to bullies and not take abuse from anyone.

5 Likes

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:15am On Apr 17, 2017
akanbiaa:
it was after the boy used his finger to push her head and head of other girls and she slapped him the next day that her father was notified. He never said he supported her actions but he was trying to portray her as how northern girls should behave i.e never allow a man disrespect and enslave you. Take your time to read the full news and dont let the nairaland caption misguide you.
That Emir is silly for spewing such trash. He is a disgrace to the throne he sits on.

What of if his daughter had reported that a guy punched her in her eyes simply because she used her finger to push him on his forehead? Will he also justify it?
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by megareal: 11:17am On Apr 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

You see you are applauding her act but I'm sure you will cry foul if it was his son that punches a girl.

You these Naija branded feminists are pathetically confused. So if a lady uses her thumb to push a guy on his forehead he has the right to beat her? Hahaha

What a pity

I hope you understand this guy was a class bully? That's how he would graduate from pushing their foreheads to taking their lunch and finally beating them up. Bullies make people cower not because they are strong but because they pretend to be. When you react, it stops . I'm sure that boy never did that rubbish to the girls again.

Unfortunately, bigots like you tend to call every woman who has an independent opinion feminist. My father taught me to defend myself. I owe nobody an apology for being strong.

11 Likes

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 17, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:

I think the slap was a warning he got the message

2 Likes

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 17, 2017
Emir Sanusi, you are doing a great job.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 17, 2017
megareal:

I hope you understand this guy was a class bully? That's how he would graduate from pushing their foreheads to taking their lunch and finally beating them up. Bullies make people cower not because they are strong but because they pretend to be. When you react, it stops . I'm sure that boy never did that rubbish to the girls again.

Unfortunately, bigots like you tend to call every woman who has an independent opinion feminist. My father taught me to defend myself. I owe nobody an apology for being strong.

He does have a point as much as I support the girl even if it was a girl who bullied his son and he slapped her he would still be castigated I guess men can never the be victims always the aggressors
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by afbstrategies: 11:21am On Apr 17, 2017
He is bold and presidential. Far more intelligent than the old man we have there. The man from Otueke chased him into being an emir.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by kristian98(m): 11:23am On Apr 17, 2017
joliyp:
trash......the day i go slap 1 guy .....i saw hell on earth
what did the guy do to you when you slapped him?
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by sirusX(m): 11:23am On Apr 17, 2017
figure007:
She just told us what she would be doing when she gets married and at any provocation from her husband,slapping will be the best answer instead of taking things put for correction ....awon Omo Onibaje.... God go help you and your future husband if you are yet to marry ...vis- a-vis
I know the daughter had good intentions

But this can prove a serious problem if not checked, as she might become arrogant, proud and less submissive to her partner in future cz of her status

From the report, I didn't see any warning to correct the boy, just a firm reaction that might seem to be a strong response to a young boy from a lady

even though he was a bully, it can be a damaging blow to his self esteem

1 Like

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Okies27(m): 11:25am On Apr 17, 2017
AdoraAmadi:
Emir of Kano and former CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, who once said that those who think he's a problem, should wait for his children, has disclosed why he supported his daughter, Shaheeda who represented him at the BBOG movement’s third anniversary lecture for missing Chibok girls in Abuja last Friday, when he slapped a boy.

By her own account at the Transcorp-Hilton Hotel venue of the event, Shaheeda said that she just became the first female in northern Nigeria to represent an Emir at a formal event.

While she appeared to have some inkling about the criticism that was bound to trail the development, and her not so conventional or inadequate use of the veil, her father’s video message that introduced her as a rather strange child took some members of the audience by surprise.

“Let me tell you something about the young lady who is going to read my speech. When she was in Form 3, I remember an incident that is probably relevant for today. Her mother came to me and said: ‘You need to talk to your daughter’ and I asked her: ‘Why?’ “She said: ‘Your daughter slapped a boy in school’.

It is a bit strange so, I called Shaheeda and said: ‘Shaheeda, I heard that you slapped a boy in school. Why did you do it?’ “Then she said: ‘Dad, that boy has no respect for women’.

So, I asked her exactly what she meant by that. It turned out that one day, during prep in the afternoon, in full class, the boy had come to her, and put his finger to her forehead and pushed it backwards, and he was in the habit of doing it to all the girls in the class.
She had said nothing apparently and waited until the next day. She walked into the prep class late, the whole class was full, and she walked up to him, slapped him, and said: ‘That was for yesterday’.

So, long before we started talking about marriage and talking about whether when your husband slaps you, you should slap him back, Shaheeda had decided for herself that she would not take abuse, she would not take insult and she would not be disrespected by any man,” the Emir stated in the video message shortly before his daughter, Shaheeda read a prepared text.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/why-my-daughter-got-my-support-after.html

. Emir, the boy was just immature cos he was a teen then n so was your daughter then. So, I believe both will take different actions now cos they are adults now.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by dominique(f): 11:25am On Apr 17, 2017
Violence is violence regardless of the gender it is being meted upon. What the daughter did was wrong, she had no rights to hit somebody that was of no threat to her.

1 Like

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by numericalguy(m): 11:26am On Apr 17, 2017
Na so cultism dey take start before they graduate to full time armed robbers.

Besides, the Emir was very wrong to have jumped on the side of his daughter without hearing the boy's side of the story.

The school authority must have been unhappy about the development to have reported the incident to the parents. If every parent had raised touts like Sanusi is doing, I'm sure the society would not have been this peaceful.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by ThatFairGuy: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2017
Ah beg no slap me, ah never eat grin
joliyp:
trash......the day i go slap 1 guy .....i saw hell on earth
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by bamisho: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2017
sirusX:

I know the daughter had good intentions

But this can prove a serious problem if not checked, as she might become arrogant, proud and less submissive to her partner in future

Submission does not equal taking abuse . The boy is a bully and got what he deserves . If her husband treats her with respect he will get the same and if he tries to abuse or bully her he will also get the same .

The way you treat people is the way they will treat you back. Women will no longer take rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) / DSS Detains Tricycle Rider In Osun On Orders Of Ooni Of Ife Over Text Message / African People With Blue Eyes...weird... O_o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.