Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train (27131 Views)

NRC Speaks On Abuja-Kaduna Train Breakdown, Apologises To Passengers / Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) / NRC Begins Free Train Rides From Aladja-Warri To Itakpe-Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by sprado(m): 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2017
oya make them no playwith this kin matter ooo,nahim make one guy wey use hin pension build house commit suicide ooo......Check out glance afrique's https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glaanceafrique.nigeriancuisines they really rep us well on tis one
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by Orpe7(m): 8:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
CollinsWeGlobe:
where i fit see girl give belle?

Go yaba dem plenty for your case type
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by bilazego(m): 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

Pray for Mr president

He will take us to the promise land

Two years gone and we can't even sight the promised land.

1 Like

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by oyienootieno: 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2017
dingbang:
When explorers created a thread where Japan built a railway through a highrise building, I remember vividly I was the first to comment telling if it were in Nigeria, the government would first of all demolish...

Now look at it...

Those buildings in Japan were properly built following plans of future development. What we have in Naija is (am tired of this landlord shit) so they build just anything to avoid the landlord shit.

2 Likes

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:
The truth is both the government and the followers are all in a state of anarchy

We don't know what is right from what is wrong

Pmb is trying to bring us back to order

But enemies of states are trying to frustrate him
Your sycophancy is becoming irritating; your shamelessness is mind boggling and simply knows no limit.

1 Like

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by Realdeals(m): 8:59pm On Apr 17, 2017
Those people claiming ignorance of the demolition are liars, structures on the route has been marked for demolition since OBJ era.

2 Likes

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by ransomed: 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2017
Some thought the railway will go moribound and they encroashed on NRC land. The owner wants to use the right of way and illegal occupants or trespassers are cry wolf. I stand with NRC on this eviction or demolition exercise.

2 Likes

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by checkolatunji: 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2017
dingbang:
When explorers created a thread where Japan built a railway through a highrise building, I remember vividly I was the first to comment telling if it were in Nigeria, the government would first of all demolish...

Now look at it...

Haha you won kill us? Make we dey manage this one wey dem won do na. We never reach dat level na, even Yankee gaan never do am
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by Akandehmd(m): 9:19pm On Apr 17, 2017
See gone

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
xcolanto:
Those that ride on the back of the Tigger would end up in its belly! Apc Lagos are you ready for chanji?? cool

They're about building a rail line linking Ibadan to Lagos and you're asking ridiculous questions. When your own roads are so bad that it's fish ponds and not potholes that are on them.

Hope you're aware that hawking Fan yogo and garden egg is not allowed on the tracks.

6 Likes

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by kolaaderin: 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2017
dingbang:

Now look at it...
The structures were built around an already existing railway lines, not vice versa.

1 Like

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by mikkypel(m): 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2017
dingbang:

Now look at it...

So u are now comparing Japan and Nigeria in terms of tech... Please that's a big insult to Japan.. You need to apologize
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by Charly68: 9:39pm On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:
The truth is both the government and the followers are all in a state of anarchy

People will always resist a change but the driver must maintain his stands and vision at last they would join his train..
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by mmsen: 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2017
dingbang:

Now look at it...

That was in China, not Japan and the structures that we're talking about in Lagos are often illegally built to very low standards.

They need to be demolished for the progress of the state.

2 Likes

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by garsul: 9:45pm On Apr 17, 2017
Anger at development coming your way. If they will not allow the construction, let the NRC divert the funds and manpower to the Kaduna - Kano route where they get maximum support of the community without hindrance
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by omokab: 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
GodProtectIgbox:
grin grin grin grin

dey should vacate peacefully nah.........DIS COUNTRY SEF they always like government to use force on them

I don't think you have ever use money to do something reasonable in life? NRC should pay them their money before pulling down any structure. Do they know how many of them suffered before building a house?

1 Like

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2017
okay.
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by natznext(m): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2017
dingbang:

Now look at it...

Please go and think deep then comeback to edit this post.

1 Like

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by sunnyeinstein(m): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2017
MoltenMagma:

Your sycophancy is becoming irritating; your shamelessness is mind boggling and simply knows no limit.

What are you saying exactly? That it's the govt's fault people build houses around railway passing?
So they shld leave them and accident shld be happenin everytime train is passing through?

5 Likes

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by sunnyeinstein(m): 9:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
omokab:
I don't think you have ever use money to do something reasonable in life? NRC should pay them their money before pulling down any structure. Do they know how many of them suffered before building a house?

I understand your sentiment about this, but how can pple build around rail line, that's death trap now. I blame, firstly, ministry of housing pple who collude with land grabbers to sell govt land anyhw all for money. Then i blame the builders themselves who fail to call on good lawyers when they want to purchase lands to do adequate investigation and proper registration for them.
But we all know d situation in nigeria, landlord wants to kill tenants and tenants wanto become landlord asap, even if na one room e fit put window for land e buy for bush. God help us to open our eyes to do the right things

1 Like

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by xcolanto(m): 9:57pm On Apr 17, 2017
OkoYiboz:

They're about building a rail line linking Ibadan to Lagos and you're asking ridiculous questions. When your own roads are so bad that it's fish ponds and not potholes that are on them.

Hope you're aware that hawking Fan yogo and garden egg is not allowed on the tracks.

And you are? undecided
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by Exponental(m): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2017
Atiku2019:
Observing..........

Before buying a plot of Land always make enquires at the office of Land & Survey or Urban development board to avoid stories that touch cry
Lands and properties with authentic C of O are sometimes demolished when government see need for the land. Ask them in Abeokuta/ Ogun state.
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by Theorytor: 10:34pm On Apr 17, 2017
So many illegal buildin in dis country. I wonder if dis country has a blueprint/masterplan of what they plan for d country to look like.... NO. U just wake up, buy land and start building without any for of approval until d buildin is completed. Federal mins of land need to enforce selling of land from personal or individual and plan what the country should be like. I dont even know how to put the thing into writing sef. Our building plans in Naija is bleeped UP AND ANNOYIN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by Theorytor: 10:38pm On Apr 17, 2017
Exponental:

Lands and properties with authentic C of O are sometimes demolished when government see need for the land. Ask them in Abeokuta/ Ogun state.

A genuine piece of land with Authentic CofO will get compensated. We dont do findings before buying land, we just check d location, check if is full measurement and just pay... afta dat start building ur plan witout approval yikessss
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by Okomu: 10:47pm On Apr 17, 2017
xcolanto:
Those that ride on the back of the Tigger would end up in its belly! Apc Lagos are you ready for chanji?? cool
this is not about APC, this is about development. Even without this construction, visit this rail side u will see how ppl had encroached d rail way esp Agege,Iju,Agbado and Mushin. Jonathan had initiated the plan,APC review the project and decided to execut it. No pain without gain.

1 Like

Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by Bigsteveg(m): 11:20pm On Apr 17, 2017
Those staying around Mowe, Ibafo and its environs will be happy with this news
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by adetayo234: 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

If pmb is actually interested in bringing you to order, he will order the prosecution of all the thieves he is protecting.
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by adetayo234: 11:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

Pray for Mr president

He will take us to the promise land

I will believe you when Buhari prosecutes amechi and babachir Lawal
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by GoldHorse(m): 7:25am On Apr 18, 2017
The "human face" of the Africans is what makes our culture beautiful but like all other good things could be abused.

How will you erect illegal structures on a public/government property and be asking for compensation?!!! In saner climes you will either be fined, jailed or both and that is even after you have been made to pay for the demolition.

The problem, though, with my submission above is that those we call leaders are morally very bankrupt to cast any stone at all
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by emynike2001(m): 9:29am On Apr 18, 2017
THIS is a pointer that MANY PEOPLE will be HOMELESS this year in Lagos state.

we have not fully recovered from d OTODOGBAME troubles, now is d turn of people living along d rail track, all this are pains of rolling out a SMART CITY.

My people u need to visit those recently demolished buildings along d rail track, I was there to see d jibowu angle and u need to see how people are selling their roofing sheets and woods from their already broken down shops and houses.

is a PITY sight, d poor are d once that SUFFERS d most.
Re: NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
emynike2001:
THIS is a pointer that MANY PEOPLE will be HOMELESS this year in Lagos state.

we have not fully recovered from d OTODOGBAME troubles, now is d turn of people living along d rail track, all this are pains of rolling out a SMART CITY.

My people u need to visit those recently demolished buildings along d rail track, I was there to see d jibowu angle and u need to see how people are selling their roofing sheets and woods from their already broken down shops and houses.

is a PITY sight, d poor are d once that SUFFERS d most.

When you are reporting next time attach pictures

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Collides With A Keke Napep At Igando Lagos (photos). / 22-Year-Old Nigerian Man Dies In The US After His Car Crashed (Photo) / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.