Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97528 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
Speaking into his closed fist, after the words, Thrace opened his hand, pointing it at the direction of the soul leech, when he was sure the others were away from the creature he spoke a word. A fire ball burst out from his opened palm and flashed towards the creature. The fire ball increased and expanded as it got closer to it and completely engulfed the soul leech.
“Now that is how you take care of a soul leech once and for all. “ Thrace said smacking his palms on each other as if throwing dust away from them.
The fire surrounded the soul leech burning heavily and darkening the walls behind it with smoke.
“Eh master wizard I think you should take another look at your handiwork. “ Meera whispered softly into the acolyte’s ear.
“What do you mean? “
“Just that. “ Meera pointed at the burning createure.
Thrace watched, his jaw dropped in amazement as the soul leech roared, shook itself and the fire surrounding it died suddenly. It lashed out several tentacles at the source of its recent discomfort. The almost half a dozen tentacles struck them both, while Meera was knocked off her feet, Thrace was just bounced about as the magical shield surrounding him kept him from any harm. One of the tentacles reached out and circled round Meera, lifting her up and pulling her close to the maw of the soul leech. Gamba jumped close to the appendage, hitting it several times with the sharp edge of his axe but it didn’t do any noticeable damage or stop its movement. With a loud scream Jarrael jumped close to the tentacle holding his sister, lifting one of the scimitars, dropping the second one, with both hands on the hilt, he struck with all his might. The blade sliced through the tentacle, and the part holding Meera dropped to the ground. He quickly ran to Meera to untangle her from the part still wrapped around her as the soul leech hissed loudly in pains withdrawing the stomp of the tendril dripping black blood.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
“Very impressive. “ Thrace said quietly to himself. “Like I had always suspected, Jarrael’s scimitars are ensorcelled. “
As Jarrael pulled Meera free, the two prominent tentacles from the open mouth of the soul leech stroke him, knocking him away from his sister. Before he could get to him feet, the tentacles grabbed him. The suckers under the tentacles making whizzing sounds as it try to start sucking off his flesh from his bones. The thin chain mail armor under his clothes prevented the sucking from starting at one. The little magic built into it temporarily negating the efforts of the soul leech.
“Hey Kez, catch. “ Meera screamed at him throwing his scimitar to him. He reached out his hand and catch it. With little effort he slashed down at the tentacle holding him and the appendage dropped to the ground wriggling. He landed lightly on his feet. He quickly ran for the second scimitar he dropped and dove to the ground just as another tentacles lashed at him. He slashed at it, which drew heavy blood from it. The soul leech pulled it back with a loud hiss.
“Thrace what happened? You said the soul leech is vulnerable to fire. Why didn’t your fireball stop it.? “ Jarrael said as he raced to the rescue of Gamba and Khen who both have been pinned down due to the little effects their none magical weapons was having on the creature. Already the prominent appendage from the mouth, which it uses to suck the flesh from the bones was already heading for them while the stomp of the one cut by Jarrael was still spilling out large amount of dark black blood. With two hard strikes the tentacles holding the two dropped on the floor. Gamba knocked the dead tendril wrapped around him off and picked his dropped axe while Khen just wriggled out of the tight holding appendage.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
“Oh I’m so sorry, my mistake, I just remembered now. “ Thrace said shaking his head sadly. “The soul leech can be susceptible to magical fire. What I used on it was just ordinary natural fire. “
Meera knocked the acolyte strongly on the shoulder. “It’s a good thing we are all still alive to learn about the mistake. “
“You all should stay away and far from the creature. “ So saying the acolyte closed his eyes and bowed his head in deep concentration. He joined his hands together, forming several intricate hands symbols. “Eldura! “ he commanded pointing two fingers at the soul leech as a blue colored flame shut from the fingers and struck the creature. This time as the flame touched the creature, any part it comes in contact with melted and turn to ash. It continued that way till all that was remaining of the soul leech was a pile of ash.
“Good work magic boy. “ Meera said from behind him ruffling his hair gently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by zelaws: 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2017
Men!!! You are the man Don Apollux.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Viruslord(m): 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2017
How I wish I have enough money I would have made something out of U. U are too good.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by lord3plex(m): 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
This appolux na missile grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Dare2Try(m): 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2017
Appollux is a bomb nice one bro
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tunjilomo(m): 1:28pm On Aug 16, 2017
Apollux is d real deal
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2017
Hi guys, just wanted to inform u all that I may not be able to send updates today because I'm seriously busy preparing for a long trip to Rivers state tomorrow. Will see if I can type a little when I get back this night. Well it depends....

So what do u guys think of my intruduction of the Alto mattis betminus-Soul leech.? I kinda felt I didn't explore the potential of that creature much. Let me get your feed back
Also felt like bringing Thrace in. What do u think about his performance so far? Do u guys feel he was really needed in this trip? Has he made any real meanful contributions to the group?
Let me get as much contributions as possible. Give me things to think about, laugh about, feel silly about even get angry about... It's all part of the fun grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
Apollux:
Hi guys, just wanted to inform u all that I may not be able to send updates today because I'm seriously busy preparing for a long trip to Rivers state tomorrow. Will see if I can type a little when I get back this night. Well it depends....

So what do u guys think of my intruduction of the Alto mattis betminus-Soul leech.? I kinda felt I didn't explore the potential of that creature much. Let me get your feed back
Also felt like bringing Thrace in. What do u think about his performance so far? Do u guys feel he was really needed in this trip? Has he made any real meanful contributions to the group?
Let me get as much contributions as possible. Give me things to think about, laugh about, feel silly about even get angry about... It's all part of the fun grin

If not for thrace magical blue flame the soul leech is 1 goddamn formidable foe... Nice update
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by pezysolemn(m): 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2017
Most interesting read....am no poet to put my feelings into ink buh hey u are incredible...best story i hv read so far....kudos
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by pezysolemn(m): 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
As for the soul leech..well it is indeed formidable buh i tink the fight ended too quick for us to appreciate its might...buh hey..............WELLDONE#.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Kealmin(m): 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
appolux u are really gud at dz
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 4:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
Have being following this work as a ghost reader,bt i hv decided to comment..u re super duper great man....keep it coming...before i forget,why not move to a combine work title #THE LAST GANG STANDING....u re a great writer nd ur skill could be utilise over there......waiting for u
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
Have being following this work as a ghost reader,bt i hv decided to comment..u re super duper great man..keep it coming..before i forget,why not move to a combine work title #THE LAST GANG STANDING....u re a great writer nd ur skill could be utilise over there......waiting for u
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2017
Damibiz:
Have being following this work as a ghost reader,bt i hv decided to comment..u re super duper great man..keep it coming..before i forget,why not move to a combine work title #THE LAST GANG STANDING....u re a great writer nd ur skill could be utilise over there......waiting for u
Lol thanks. But as of the Last gang standing, was already there, check it out, I kicked started the programe. I wrote the 1st 3 chapters

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
Guy let move to that side...we miss u,jst make out time to come ok....
Apollux:

Lol thanks. But as of the Last gang standing, was already there, check it out, I kicked started the programe. I wrote the 1st 3 chapters
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
Damibiz:
Guy let move to that side...we miss u,jst make out time to come ok....
I don't think so. This story suffered a bit when I did the first part of last gang. Ok let me give u an idea how full my hands are at the moment.
1. I have to finish this story.
2. I have MARVEL CHRONICLES 2 EXECUTIVE SANCTION that I have abandoned just to finish this present story.
3. I still have to write MARVEL CHRONICLES 3.FIRST CONTACT.
Then my major work, GHEMARIA CANTICLES has been abandoned since all these started.
Meanwhile I have not been chanced to read again(I love reading, that is my major hobby.) so I need to get back to my books. I have missed them.
All these not including work, personal issues, got to rest, eat, see if I can make money, pay some bills... Ah I just need to be superman to really meet up with all of these... So that is why I can't contribute on last gang standing at least for now. But the other writers are doing great jobs with the story, better than I did... So I'm not really missed
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nimzzy(m): 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
Apollux, you are easily one of the best writers on NL. kudos to you. I know you are things to do but please update as much as you can.
when i think about your other stories like marvel chronicles and ghemmaria whatsover, then i know i have a couple of top notch literature works to read. keep it coming!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ahh man,ur hands are full up already,u dont hv to kill urself...the other writer are doing good
Apollux:

I don't think so. This story suffered a bit when I did the first part of last gang. Ok let me give u an idea how full my hands are at the moment.
1. I have to finish this story.
2. I have MARVEL CHRONICLES 2 EXECUTIVE SANCTION that I have abandoned just to finish this present story.
3. I still have to write MARVEL CHRONICLES 3.FIRST CONTACT.
Then my major work, GHEMARIA CANTICLES has been abandoned since all these started.
Meanwhile I have not been chanced to read again(I love reading, that is my major hobby.) so I need to get back to my books. I have missed them.
All these not including work, personal issues, got to rest, eat, see if I can make money, pay some bills... Ah I just need to be superman to really meet up with all of these... So that is why I can't contribute on last gang standing at least for now. But the other writers are doing great jobs with the story, better than I did... So I'm not really missed
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by jupitre(m): 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2017
You're a very good writer...Your works are really awesome..But think the way you're trying to portray the characters,they are very good and can't be defeated..I think that should not be so..

About the leech, i think you should have allowed it to really hurt one of them..And the fight ended too soon.they ought to fight it for like 17 minutes before the sorcerer can remember how it can be defeated..

And lastly i think the story is just full of actions..it should be filled with suspense..with little romance at least..

EVEYTHING I POINTED OUT IS JUST MY OPINION OOO..SHALOM
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2017
jupitre:
You're a very good writer...Your works are really awesome..But think the way you're trying to portray the characters,they are very good and can't be defeated..I think that should not be so..

About the leech, i think you should have allowed it to really hurt one of them..And the fight ended too soon.they ought to fight it for like 17 minutes before the sorcerer can remember how it can be defeated..

And lastly i think the story is just full of actions..it should be filled with suspense..with little romance at least..

EVEYTHING I POINTED OUT IS JUST MY OPINION OOO..SHALOM
Lol, your points are valid and all these are weaknesses in the story I took note of.
Anyway, I wanted this to be a short story, it's actually a spin off from a much larger story.
Well as for the suspense, the story has a little too much suspense that can't all be covered here.
As for the characters, I have bigger roles for them, I wanted my readers to get a lot more feel for them, their strengths and weaknesses, get to like them too. While I can't allow any of them to be really hurt or killed at the moment (this is not A GAME OF THRONES after all) is, I created these characters knowing the extent of their powers , skills and abilities. Nothing they have faced yet have really challenged them very well, but soon they will meet their match. ( also note that Ruel while picking this team, didn't do that carelessly, he had an idea what the problems are about obtaining what he wants and took his time to select highly skilled people that have the best chance of achieving his goals.)
Stick around, a whole lot is about to happen in a short while and I guarantee you, the results will surprise you (if not shock you, that is) .
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
And looking at the story in retrospect, I think a lot of the characters are underrated. The ones that have really taken the time to shine so far are Jarrael and Meera(Thorn). As annoying as Thrace may be, he has great potential, he is very powerful, what he lacks are skills, experience, discipline and character, but from the little I know, he is potentially one of the most powerful mage Ghemmaria have ever seen, though he is just an acolyte.
As for Gamba, it's quite obvious that he is physically very strong. But what is not known about him is that he is a very skilled fighter at least on par with Khen. He is also extremely intelligent and outspoken. But these two later qualities are subdued because of the exile he is in. It had adverse effects on his self esteem, so he is more introverted for now.
Khen can easily be seen as very skilled and competent fighter. He is also an experienced tracker, as good as Jarrael. Another of his ability is he has the best eye sight of the group. He can see details from a distance and be able to give full details.
So they are all great characters and no pushovers. Besides its fun to just let them kick ass.. .. Lol grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 10:01pm On Aug 19, 2017
Apollox men show us some love please
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by jupitre(m): 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
Apollux:

Lol, your points are valid and all these are weaknesses in the story I took note of.
Anyway, I wanted this to be a short story, it's actually a spin off from a much larger story.
Well as for the suspense, the story has a little too much suspense that can't all be covered here.
As for the characters, I have bigger roles for them, I wanted my readers to get a lot more feel for them, their strengths and weaknesses, get to like them too. While I can't allow any of them to be really hurt or killed at the moment (this is not A GAME OF THRONES after all) is, I created these characters knowing the extent of their powers , skills and abilities. Nothing they have faced yet have really challenged them very well, but soon they will meet their match. ( also note that Ruel while picking this team, didn't do that carelessly, he had an idea what the problems are about obtaining what he wants and took his time to select highly skilled people that have the best chance of achieving his goals.)
Stick around, a whole lot is about to happen in a short while and I guarantee you, the results will surprise you (if not shock you, that is) .

I trust you,you won't dissapoint me..And please,lets know how frequent you will update...Ghemmaria canticles should be brought here ooo
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 12:08am On Aug 22, 2017
Heading out of the shattered room, Thrace brought them to a smaller corridor that was surprisingly well preserved , it appeared like an oasis of order in the midst of the catastrophe surrounding them. The corridor built of the same white polished marble as other part of the city was dark, without light. Thrace snapped his right fingers in the air and a round spherical globe appeared floating on the air, twice the size of a clenched fist, giving out cold pale blue light.
The light illuminated the part they were to take along the corridor. There were three doors each on both sides of the wall, all made of gold and locked. A seventh door was directly at the end of the corridor opposite them. It was made from brass, with a heavy lock which sealed the door shut. The acolyte spoke some words and with a click the key snapped open. He pushed the door inward as the floating ball of light followed him. As the others crowded in beside him, the light from the floating globe revealed a small room in contrast to the ones they have been seeing here so far, with sizes of about six paces by ten paces been its length and breadth.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 12:10am On Aug 22, 2017
The room was windowless and almost empty save for a pedestal on which is a raised platform of block marble. On the flat top of it is a wooden chest with thin strips of metal bindings. It looked like something that have sat there for a long time but amazingly there were no dust or cobwebs to mark the long time of neglect.
“Here is the goal of our trip. “ turning to those behind him, Thrace said. Pointing at Gamba he continued. “Gamba if you will be so helpful.”
The Hokunian hung back his huge war axe on his belt, walked down to the pedestal, with little effort lifted the trunk from the pedestal and brought it down. Touching the trunk at specific areas, after consulting another scroll with him, Thrace got it to open on its own. Two items were visible in the trunk, one was a black crystial with a heptagonal irregular shape.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 12:13am On Aug 22, 2017
“Hmmmmmmm a black crytal. Didn’t know any of these still exists. The Lapzulis potemina The power stone. “ Thrace took out the stone and closely examine it. “They were greatly used in the past to call down, focus or store great magical powers. But they were all believed to have been destroyed during the pantheon war. Yet here is one. Only the most knowledgeable of sorcerers and wise ones know about this. But how did a merchant like Ruel come about this knowledge? “
He kept the stone back in the trunk and pulled out the second item in it. It was a heavy volume book, the cover made of iron and a key hole by the middle. Intricately carved woods in gold were on it. “The rune scroll of Kumish also called volumos nicromicon by the wise ones of the society of the eyes. A book that is believed to have been read by no one. It had been rumored to contain knowledge that are forbidden to mortal men. Only the gods can read and comprehend it’s language and writings. Any human that attempts to read it will have his mind destroyed. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 12:17am On Aug 22, 2017
He kept the book back in the trunk and turned to stare at others with a worried look, all jokes and superior attitudes vanishing from him. “Something about this whole set up bothers me greatly. Ruel never fully told me what he really wanted me to come here and get. These are very ancient and powerful items to be in the possession of anyone. How did he come about it? Who gave it to the baron in the first place? If it was a priest of Nemphis, how did they come into the possession of these? There were lots of relics of power scattered around the world after the pantheon war. But they were all located and locked up in hidden places heavily fortified and protected with powerful sorcery.
“I’m concerned about Ruel’s interest in this. What are his goals, what is he aiming to achieve? For himself or does he do it for another? He is obviously not a sorcerer or a wise one, then of what use are these powerful relics to him? “
“We won’t find answers to that standing here. “ Jarrael cut him off . “We got what we came for, let’s move, remember we have a rendezvous to keep, they won’t wait for us if we are late. “ He signalled to Gamba who came to pick up the trunk after it closed on its own, effortlessly lifted it and put it on his shoulder.
“It would really have saved us some time if your hocus-pocus can quickly transport the trunk to a safe place, don’t you think? “ Meera came close to Thrace circling her hand around his shoulders gently.
“Unfortunately that is impossible. “ the acolyte said slowly. “These two relics have very powerful anti-magic wards which protects them against been used by teleportation magic. Anyway I am yet to try out any form of teleportation acts. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 6:10am On Aug 22, 2017
I need more.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cjizzy(m): 9:03am On Aug 22, 2017
Oliver Twist.... Ask for more
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by cyber5(m): 10:46am On Aug 22, 2017
Apollux Baba Nla
i hail thee ooo
-------------------------------
An attack will soon fall on them

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (38) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.