Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97493 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tomanney: 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2017
And now we have the first death of the Lizard Men,
The casualty that would have been recorded would have been more than this if not for the healing vial Meera carries around honestly.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Creamyebony2017(f): 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2017
One down, 2 to go��. Can someone please sketch the muk anolis.....
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by zelaws: 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
Creamyebony2017:
One down, 2 to go��. Can someone please sketch the muk anolis.....

credit: Pinterest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ultimategeneral: 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2017
the second sketch looks more like a lizard Man
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by cyber5(m): 11:10pm On Oct 06, 2017
Their father their dad

i feel like fighting one

Apollux
a job weldone
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Dranoid: 11:28pm On Oct 06, 2017
meneski:
Their father! I say their father father!... One down!
Abi, 2 more to go, then what will Thrace do about that shield sef cos if they eventually defeat the muk-anolis they will be to tired for the nemphis priest, then the barrier, I hope none of them will die sha
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by XclusiveDee(m): 11:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
Game on!!!! Let them know.
Still haven't seen gamba's part though
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by JohnGainsville(m): 9:02am On Oct 07, 2017
zelaws:

That second pic looks more like it.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2017
gen gen gen gen

** drums rolling and fingers crossed**
let the slaying begin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
zelaws:

Good
. renditions but the 2nd one looks more badass and close to it. But the Muk-Anolis have 2 toes forward and one at the back. Still good any and I love em
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Viruslord(m): 9:07am On Oct 09, 2017
Apollux:
Sorry guys, been a bit busy. But I have pen down some updates. I'm at the last scenes of this story, so I want to see if I can complete the it before uploading.

But we are still waiting cry
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
i'm loving those picture...this men,by their look self me fit poo 4 ma cloth...lol
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by loverboi97(m): 8:51am On Oct 11, 2017
Dis Is Awesome
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Creamyebony2017(f): 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2017
Thanks zelaws, I can easily picture the "boaz" in my mind grin ; damn!!!! They are so scary for real......apollux sad please do na
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by guruxxy(m): 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
Sir Apollux, i dey wait 4 u gidibam. Com an do the needful o
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:50pm On Oct 12, 2017
Looking up from ministering to Khen, she saw others in fights that seems to task them beyond endurance. Though the draught she had taken for her internal injuries are working, still she felt weak as the medicine did its magic healing and mending broken bones and damaged tissues. She wasn’t sure how helpful she can be in helping others of her companions. Looking at Khen once again shows he is healing well, but he may still stay unconscious for a little while yet. He had really come close to dying.
Gamba felt both of his hands jerk greatly as both his war axes clashed with the jagged swords of the Muk-Anolis he faced. The impact was strong enough to have knocked a less stronger man off his feet. The shock jarred the joints between his shoulders and arms. He kicked with his foot. It hit the Muk-Anolis solidly on its chest without moving the creature as the chest armor absorbed it. Gamba hit himself mentally reminding himself once again about the chest armor of the Muk-Anolis. It’s so easy to forget minor details like that in the heat of battle and those tiny bits of information determines the outcome a lot of times.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
He pulled himself back a bit to give himself a little more room to better observe his opponent and upgrade his battle tactics. First his eyes went to the weapons held by the the Muk-Anolis, twin swords, with jagged edges. Those tiny protruding points had made his parries a little off at the start of the fight. Of course the chest armor his aware of. The fore arms and legs of the creature were covered with protectors that appeared strong enough to stop a direct hit from his axe. So the only vulnerable areas he could see are, the head, neck, upper arms and thighs. He also took into cognizant the huge strength of the Muk-Anolis, way stronger than he is. It means he can’t match it strength for strength. Then he considered the creature’s speed, battle skill and size, all are advantages that leaves the Hakunian less than fortunate. At least this beast had its tail sliced cleanly off, probably from a previous engagement. Well he won’t have to worry about an attack from that area.
The twin swords of the Muk-Anolis came at him again but the axes were up just in time to deflect them. This time Gamba decided it’s better to deflect strikes than a full on stop, that will only sap his strength and make him weaker. But one advantage he has is that his war axes are much heavier than the swords. Gamba attacked delivering swings at the Muk-Anolis which it deflected accurately but Gamba seems to be hitting the flat sides of the blades than the edges which slowly begin to leave the creature more widely opened. Before the Muk-Anolis could compensate for the change of Gamba’s tactics, he smashed the head of his axe at the silver covered chest of the lizard man. The axe blade bounced off the silvered colored armor, but the amount of force he put behind the strike was strong enough to knock the creature back a few steps . As the creature staggered a bit slightly bending it’s head, Gamba aimed his axe at it, as the unarmored head just got within striking distance without him jumping.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
Numbing feeling flowed through the hand holding the axe aimed at the Muk-Anolis head as the creature’s knuckle hit his elbow, creating enough shock to knock the axe off his hand. Though Gamba was surprised a bit about the quick recovery and comeback by the creature, but he struck back instinctively with his other axe. The axe struck the arm protecting vambrace, the jarring impact knocked the sword off the creature’s hand. Before Gamba could revel in that tiny bit of success, he felt the now empty hand of the Muk-Anolis formed a fist and smashed him hard on his chest. He rolled backwards to move with the impact. Still when he got up, he felt his whole body trembled with pains. His eyes almost clouding over. He looked up at the Muk-Anolis, saw the creature snarl, looking at him menacingly. It changed the hand holding its sword to the now empty one. Gamba was hoping on the creature going for the sword now dropped several feet from it so he can go ahead and target the creature’s head or neck this time. The Muk-Anolis looked at him and seem to read his intentions, and it moved ahead instead coming slowly at the Hokunian.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 6:34pm On Oct 12, 2017
Gamba held his remaining axe with both hands, also ignoring his other axe lying discarded. He can still make a stand with just his single axe, as his opponent is also having a single sword too. But he reminded himself that doesn’t mean the Muk-Anolis is less dangerous. Gamba faint a charge at the creature running towards it but almost close to the Muk-Anolis he dropped and slide down, aiming the axe at its knee as the slide took him below the lizard man. The creature quickly lifted its leg beyond the slicing arc of the axe and at the same time kicked backwards at the sliding off Hokunian. Gamba was hammered heavily at the back. The Muk-Anolis sharp toenails gorged flesh off Gamba’s back drawing blood. Still he was pushed heavily by the impact. Tumbling several times, he came at a stop in a spread-eagle. His heart beating twice the normal time, he rolled off just in time as the Muk-Anolis feet came crashing down at him. He rolled twice more avoiding sword strikes but deflected the third one, holding the axe with just one hand but the made the empty hand a fist that he smashed into the Muk-Anolis eyes. He followed with a heavy kick that bashed the creature at the jaw. The kicked jarred the Muk-Anolis head backwards. There wasn’t enough room for him to pull his axe back for a strike, so he carefully crashed into it at the waist side, hitting below the silver colored armor line. Tackling the Muk-Anolis down, rolling off the beast as it fell heavily on the ground. Another roll and somersault took him beyond it. He watched in amazement as the Muk-Anolis stood up quickly as if nothing happened but he was glad to note that dark colored blood was spilling from the lips of the creature.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:45pm On Oct 12, 2017
Gamba was breathing heavily, despite his strength, he was weakening and losing blood, he could feel it dripping heavily behind him. If he doesn’t look for a way to end this fight soon, he might just die from exhaustion. Coming at him again and again, the Muk-Anolis attacked with its sword, getting deflected by Gamba but the Hokunian was getting slower with each blocks. He was sorely pressed and put on the defensive. He did realize something though, the Muk-Anolis may not be showing any sign of tiring but the accuracy of its strikes were less than they were before. So it means this Muk-Anolis is more skillful with twin blades, so knocking off one of its sword had somehow reduced its effectiveness.
The new insight energized Gamba giving him a new strength. In other to conserve more of his strength, he dodged strikes more than parried. He also attacked less, allowing the creature to expand more energy, which doesn’t seem to slow the creature in anyway but gives Gamba space to work out another strategy. With a sudden move, Gamba dashed towards where his fallen axe was, but the Muk-Anolis may have anticipated the move because instead of attacking him as the creature should have done, it ran ahead to block Gamba’s move towards the axe. Well that was exactly what Gamba wanted. The little opening offered by the Muk-Anolis not attacking him but running ahead to prevent him from the axe gave Gamba the opportunity to strike. The creature realized the deception too late, as it turned, lifting the empty hand to prevent the downward cut of the axe. Gamba saw this and quickly adjusted his aim towards the other hand holding the jagged sword. The axe hit the hand at the wrist, just above its protector. The axe blade slice cleanly through the joint of the hand with the arm. The hand holding the sword dropped to the ground as the Muk-Anolis wailed forlornly, the cry sounding like that of a hundred tortured creatures. Dark blood pouring from the stump as it jerked uncontrollably.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2017
Gamba ran at the creature while it is distracted by its cry of pain. But a sudden punch from the Muk-Anolis knocked him off his feet and slammed painfully on the ground. The creature followed with a savage kick to his side, that lifted Gamba off the floor and also cutting deep into the flesh by the rib areas. He almost swoon from the pain and blood loss. He cleared his eyes just as another kick was coming down at him. This time he brought up his single axe and aimed at the Muk-Anolis knee. The blade hit the knee of the lizard man, cutting it cleanly off. The Muk-Anolis staggered back and fell. Gamba jumped from his fallen position and dove at the creature, landing at the chest. Lifting the axe with both hands, he smashed the edge of it at the forehead of the lizard man. The axe cut through flash and the dense bone of the forehead cutting through the brains, severing the bones connecting the head with the back bone. He had angle the cut downward, so the cut reached the backbone. The strike was so strong that the Muk-Anolis was almost decapitated.
Gamba tried pulling the axe out of the head it was impaled but his strength was failing him. His eyes clouded over and he dropped on the Muk-Anolis he just killed his breathing slow and shallow. Meera was by his side a moment later applying healing salve on the deep cuts at his back and sides which slowly stopped the bleeding. She pushed him with some effort to turn him upwards so his face will be turned and she can pour in a little of the healing draught into his mouth because she suspected he may have been severely injured internally. With that done, she forced his mouth opened and poured in the healing liquid. Few moments later his breathing stabilized and another after that, his eyes snapped open. She was surprised at his quick recovery, either Gamba wasn’t as seriously injured as she feared or he is one of the strongest man she has seen.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tunjilomo(m): 10:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
Oga Apollux, una well done sir.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by ADECULATE(f): 8:05am On Oct 13, 2017
Weldone apollux, kip it coming
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 8:56am On Oct 13, 2017
apollux....u re the man...keep it coming
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Mutaino7(m): 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
welcome back
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Chommieblaq(f): 7:40am On Oct 14, 2017
Greetings Apollux!

This one hell of a story, just felt like I'm watching legend of the seeker, Thor etc all in one. I can vividly picture the whole character and each scene.

I kinda like the acolyte, he's arrogant but in a funny way. He strikes like an annoying friend that one can't help but love, and the continuous teasing from Meera ..........
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
Bro, your story is intriuging, but ur updates arent coming the way they should, or better still, you r slacking in ur updatea, do something about it before u end up loosing ur audiences.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Viruslord(m): 7:28am On Oct 15, 2017
Mrlemuel:
Bro, your story is intriuging, but ur updates arent coming the way they should, or better still, you r slacking in ur updatea, do something about it before u end up loosing ur audiences.

That's the truth
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:15pm On Oct 15, 2017
“Crimes my lord supreme? “ Mibazar asked bowing lower as required of one in supplication.
“Spare me your theatrics Mibazar. “ the arc priest changed his sitting position on the uncomfortable power throne. “I’m glad that I ignored my very necessary duties at the initiation ceremony going on now just to have the pleasure of seeing you humiliated and personally punished for your many infringement of the priestly codes. “
“But my lord I have ever served faithfully, always hardworking and diligent in my duties. “ the high priest insisted as he remained in his bowed position.
With an amused smile, Achron said. “Yes, yes, I can see how hard working and diligent you are when it comes to running your personal agendas, for self centered goals and lofty ambitions. “
“But all I do, either openly or in private, is ever for the well being of this priesthood. “ Mibazar stood up straight as he tried to gather what ever little dignity he still posses before the Arc priest.
“Lies and denials won’t save you, Mibazar, while you may have felt that your clandestine activities were well hidden and you may have skillfully cover your tracks, still I have been aware of all your moves. “ adjusting his sitting on the throne, Achron allowed a little silence to hang on the letting his words to sink in. “Your confidence in your abilities failed you. Nothing happens in and around the black tower that I am not aware of. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
“But my lord… “
“Silence. “ the Arc priest screamed, his voice reverberating through the empty hall. “I don’t know what sickens me more, your stupidity in thinking you can have a private agenda that can be successfully hidden from me or your total cowardice in secretly plotting to undermine me instead of coming to challenge me openly for the throne of the Arc priest, as others have done in the past and as the priesthood edicts designed. “
Mibazar remained silent as he felt no need to give any replies to these accusations. Achron laughed as he continued. “I know of all your trips outside the walls of the black tower. Know of your visits to Aram and the desert of Amir, your subjugation and the forced allegiance you had extracted from some of the primitive tribes of the herdsmen.
“You spent time forming alliance with the city of Aram and Hocklam. I knew of your visits to somewhere beyond the shores of the world edge sea. Were I not watching you in all your moves, your few trips to the far north beyond the Earthwall mountains would have been a total mystery to me. What is that about? What are you searching for in that frozen wastes around the Shattered Steps? Eh care to tell me about that? “ mocking laughter continued to trail all his sentences.
Mibazar stood still his head bent down refusing to speak.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
“Silent still? Oh don’t tell me this revelation had made you dumb. Mibazar this is unbecoming of you. You have always been very eloquent and vocal. “ Achron snickered with mockery overlaying every of his acts “Tell me, what actually is your plan? Do you intend forming political alliances with the kingdoms out there then using their armies to attack this place or are you planning to pay for the services of mercenaries to help you in your fight to wrest the power throne from me? Or could your journey to the icy wastes of the north be to help you secure items of great magical powers you can use against me? Which of them is it or is it all I just mentioned? “
Oppressive silence permeate the place, an unnatural stillness that weighed down on the spirit, stealing all warmth and filling the void with numbing cold. “So nothing to say still? “ the voice of the Arc priest rasped, grating the cold walls. “Now will you stop this cowardice and come to challenge me face to face for my seat? Priests of our order are not known for diplomacy. “
“My lord supreme, I never intended to challenge you for your position, not once in all my personal pursuit, have I at anytime desired to undermine you. “ Mibazar’s voice sounded so low like a whisper.
Sneering titter was the response to the high priest’s words. “You know among the present crop of priests and high priest, you are the only one I perceived as anything remotely resembling a threat to my power over the priesthood, the only one with the ability to openly challenge me. That was why I paid special attention to you and shadowed all your moves.
“So Mibazar, high priest of the order of Nemphis, will you now openly challenge me for the power throne and the position of Arc priest? “ Achron asked formally.
“No, my lord. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
With rage the Arc priest stood up from the throne. “You disgust me Mibazar, you are a filth, worse than a borrowing dung worm. You reek so much of degenerating subtly and abhorrence that it is unbelievable you ever become a priest.
“Well if you will not challenge me for the seat of the Arc priest, then stand ready to be punished for your crimes. “
“Which crimes my lord? I see no way I have violated the priesthood’s codes or edicts. “ Mibazar said still sounding contrite. “In all my activities, I never allowed my personal ambitions to go against the oath I swore to the order of Nemphis. “
“Well why don’t we start with the obvious one, consorting with non worshippers of Nemphis in the world beyond these walls , in schemes against us. “
“My lord supreme, you possess no real evidence to prove that. Furthermore relating with those outside is not a direct crime in itself in the laws of the priesthood. “
“So you think yourself clever don’t your? Still I have learnt enough about your actions to make you culpable. “ Achron sat back on the stone throne observing the high priest with keen interest. “Another of your crimes, you brought in strangers to the city of black tower, not just that alone. You allowed them access into the sacred temple, pulling down briefly the defenses around this place that normally should have prevented that from happening. All these you did and covered up expertly, even to the extent of bringing in foreign magical objects that are an anathema to us, there by exposing us to dangers and attacks. Which at the moment is going on in this tower, other strangers have taken advantage of the weaknesses you created and employed for your personal gain, and they are attacking this place at this time. “

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (38) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.