Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97519 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Dranoid: 7:22am On Nov 09, 2017
Ultimategeneral:
So now the other gods will start coming back

I don't think nemphis came back, I'm guessing he still has enough power to control mibazzar, and when needed or if he is in close proximity to the godstone he can take his form or 'posses' mibazzar, I guess that's why mibazzar wanted the Arc priest title, he is closer to the godstone. So I guess ruel is another god or maybe the all father too that found a host. Because if the other gods could have started coming back I'm sure they would cos judging from what apollux told us about them I don't think they like the fact that the all father kept them away from their worshippers and then there will be another war and so on............. Look at that other god (I've forgotten his name) the one they need the crystal and scroll to free, if he could come back wouldn't he have done that? So I'm guessing ruel and mibazzar are just hosts

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:08am On Nov 09, 2017
Dranoid:

I don't think nemphis came back, I'm guessing he still has enough power to control mibazzar, and when needed or if he is in close proximity to the godstone he can take his form or 'posses' mibazzar, I guess that's why mibazzar wanted the Arc priest title, he is closer to the godstone. So I guess ruel is another god or maybe the all father too that found a host. Because if the other gods could have started coming back I'm sure they would cos judging from what apollux told us about them I don't think they like the fact that the all father kept them away from their worshippers and then there will be another war and so on............. Look at that other god (I've forgotten his name) the one they need the crystal and scroll to free, if he could come back wouldn't he have done that? So I'm guessing ruel and mibazzar are just hosts
His name is Dali-ma'Siva (kinda hard to pronounce his name with all the accent grin ) and your guesses are very interesting. Well few answers to the mystery will be coming in the next updates later today most definitely. Hope u all enjoyed the last one.
Oh and let me add this... Your guess that there will be another war of of the gods( another PANTHEON WAR) is spot on, but it won't be in any way you expect.
Besides all these multiple events here and others not mentioned are all leading to that.
Trust me Arl, the all father will have his hands full... And his omnipotent power my just not be enough to resolve all the devastating pandemonium that is coming...
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by lord3plex(m): 11:32am On Nov 09, 2017
Just as am thinking

MrPetex:
like I said earlier Ruel is definitely another god in human form
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by lord3plex(m): 11:35am On Nov 09, 2017
Anticipating grin grin grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Dranoid: 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2017
Apollux:

His name is Dali-ma'Siva (kinda hard to pronounce his name with all the accent grin ) and your guesses are very interesting. Well few answers to the mystery will be coming in the next updates later today most definitely. Hope u all enjoyed the last one.
Oh and let me add this... Your guess that there will be another war of of the gods( another PANTHEON WAR) is spot on, but it won't be in any way you expect.
Besides all these multiple events here and others not mentioned are all leading to that.
Trust me Arl, the all father will have his hands full... And his omnipotent power my just not be enough to resolve all the devastating pandemonium that is coming...

Can't wait
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
Dranoid:

Can't wait
I must wait oh.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Dare2Try(m): 4:23am On Nov 10, 2017
This guy is a bomb, master twisted I hail thee
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:03am On Nov 10, 2017
Hi guys, before I post today's updates, I just saw someone mention and voted my name and this story for the best fantasy /magical novel award. Though I don't really know how the voting process is, just like to ask you guys that feel this story deserves the award to try and votes. Thanks you all.
This even came at the right time because the story will be coming to an end in the next few updates.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:04am On Nov 10, 2017
Hi guys, before I post today's updates, I just saw someone mention and voted my name and this story for the best fantasy /magical novel award. Though I don't really know how the voting process is, just like to ask you guys that feel this story deserves the award to try and vote. Thanks you all.
This even came at the right time because the story will be coming to an end in the next few updates.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:10am On Nov 10, 2017
Still standing in reverential awe at the sudden display, even as Mibazar stood before him, his eyes still retained a bit of the godlike power glowing with the residue, he stood aside as the high priest walked past him. Mibazar walked on the steps of the dais before the throne, sat down on the power throne, joining both palms before his face as he rested his elbows on the armrest he looked at the Arc priest.
“My lord divine, forgive my ignorance, there was no way I could have known. “ Achron genuflected trembling.
“I’m back to being Mibazar now, “ replied the high priest slowly. “You can do away with all divine appellations. “
“How is this possible, my lord, that you have dwelled in the midst of your worshippers for years and none had suspected? “
“That is my will, Achron. “ closing his eyes as if in deep thought, recalling images of long ago. “I have been a human much longer than you can imagine. I have lived thousands of years, changing my appearance and names, but I have always been among the priesthood. “
“And there was no single sign in all historical records that would have suggested something like that was ever possible, my lord. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:13am On Nov 10, 2017
“It has to be that way if my plans had to succeed. “ Mibazar turned his eyes glaring at Achron. “Plans I’m disappointed to say were almost ruined because of your bumbling stupidity. “
Bowing down lower and feeling truly contrite. “Forgive my blindness, my lord, I was too engrossed in my personal ambition to see. “
Waving his hand as if it’s of little consequence, Mibazar closed his eyes as he recounted. “It was fortunate that in my god hood I remembered there is a reason you should remain as the Arc priest. If not you would have remained dead.
“After the pantheon war, when Dali-Ma’Siva, Lord of fire, was defeated, his body consumed and essence imprisoned , I was not noticed by Arl, the all father, that I actively supported the Lord of fire, having let my support been somewhat secret and behind the scenes. So I was spared Arl’s judgment. Though when he made the decree of gods leaving the world, all gods were forcefully pulled out of the earth suddenly, leaving uncountable numbers of worshippers without their gods and religions crumbled.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:18am On Nov 10, 2017
“ Only one god noticeably escaped the decree. The snake queen, goddess of the Gondolians, because of how much she loved her worshippers, devolved, emptying herself and putting off all her divine essence and power, then becoming a demigod. So Arl’s decree could not hold her. “
Taking a while to stand from the throne, he walked behind it and ran his hand over the smooth feet of the giant image of Nemphis. He turned back looking at the Arc priest before continuing. “The only other god who escaped the decree of Arl was me and that was a secret I closely guarded. Before the effects of the decree could take hold of me, I became a human, created the god stone storing my divine essence and power in it, cleverly locking it in there and keeping it hidden. I already have a false form of myself in the blessed realm of the gods to hide the fact that I am missing from there. Anyway most of the gods are too proud and private, keeping so much to themselves that any of them wouldn’t have noticed that I’m not fully there.
“I had to do that because I knew there is going to be a time in the future when Dali-Ma’Siva will have to be freed from his prison and me with him will rule over this world with or without Arl’s approval. So for thousands of years, I have remained hidden as a man, had searched, investigated, inquired for secret knowledge. All my efforts were rewarded. Now I know the hidden places of the Muk-Anolis, the Dali-Ma’Siva himself and the Ana’Ra-siva, sons of fire, the immortal servants of the Lord of fire. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:21am On Nov 10, 2017
Climbing down back through the dais steps, he smiled contentedly. “Right now as I speak, I have already ten thousand Muk-Anolis at my command ready for the conquer of all Ghemmaria. Besides that I am creating alliances in the southern kingdoms to join my campaign of world domination. In the north, I will support the baron Tarikh to start a civil war that will destabilize that region, weakening them enough as easy pickings for my Muk-Anolis. As for the valiant Gondolians, I am preparing a surprise that will strike at them from the west from across the troubled sea.
“My plans were all well set. All would have been destroyed because you killed my human self forcing my divine part to come out. If I had not stopped my self growing in size and power, this tower would have crumbled, the shield holding it broken and my divine power made manifest and the decree of Arl would have caught me and snatch me out of this world into the blessed realm. But fortunately my human mind came to the rescue reminding my divine self the purpose of staying hidden and continuing the plan.
“ In my godhood, my human mind reminded myself of the little use I still have of you, that is why I brought you back from the dead “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:25am On Nov 10, 2017
Wow can you imagine the mind-boggling level of destruction that will be wrought when 10,000 Muk-Anolis are unleashed on the world. grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:29am On Nov 10, 2017
Standing before the Arc priest, he indicated Achron should rise to his feet. “Here are your orders. Soon the shield covering the tower will be removed, make sure no one knows of my true nature, for it’s not time for me to be revealed yet. You will carry on your duties as Arc priest as if nothing has changed. But you will gather the other high priests and priests, teaching them all you know, every secret and power you posses must be shown to them. Tell them the time of the rise of the sons of Nemphis is now. Prepare them all for the conquest of Ghemmaria, for the time is soon upon us. “
“Yes my lord, your will will be carried out and done. “ Achron bowed but still something bothered him. “What about the council of five, my lord? “
With amusing derision characterizing his sudden mirth, Mibazar replied. “Those self proclaimed guardians of the world? Do not bother about them, for I have weakened them without their knowledge and soon they shall be broken.
“The powerful and enigmatic grey sisters will soon become extinct, the tool of my accomplishing that is already in place. As for the mages of the scarlet hill, I have my agent in their midst, already slowly destroying them from within. The white hand and the society of the eyes, are not really powerful, while our priestly power is already a danger to those of healing of the white hand, the society of eye are just scribes, chroniclers and seers, no threat at all. The only one that will be a threat, if at all anyone will be, is the snake queen. Her I will deal with personally. She and Nemphis already had an uneasy history. “
The smile quickly faded from Mibazar’s face as a new thought crawled upon his mind. “The successes of my plans will hold me back from admitting this but it’s there nevertheless. It seems at every point of my plans, I have an enemy. There is a hidden person that is opposing me and wants to thwart my plans always.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2017
“Who this enemy is, I don’t know for his has refused to show himself or act directly but had used others like puppets to drive his own goals and seeks to stop me. Of course you are aware of the strangers that came in unlawfully into this temple to steal the magical items I secretly brought in. Well with time the identity of this person will be known to me, nothing stays hidden from me for too long. Have I allowed my self to use my divine power, I would have discovered his identity immediately, but that will be counter productive. So I will seek that knowledge as a man, using other means.
“Besides my plans have already reached fruition, so my enemy’s interference is of little consequence. “
Walking ahead out of the shattered council chamber, Mibazar indicated that the Arc priest should follow. “It’s time to start acting, I’m bringing down the shield soon, you have a lot to do. Ghemmaria is seeing it’s last free days, for the days of the conquest and the kingdom of Nemphis are near at hand. “

Epilogue

The sink hole they had come out of lay long behind them, the sun was already high up in the sky, buffeting them with torturing light and already warming the desert air into a heat blasting wind. Their strength were really sapped, they had become so dehydrated, that even the harsh heat was no longer drawing out any sweat from their dust caked skin. Soon their bodies will begin to burn out and their tongue will swell because of prolonged thirst.
Thrace was leading them at a North westerly direction, stumbling with each new step, claiming that it connects to a little used trade route that still have a functioning well. Jarrael was behind the acolyte, accepting the discomfort stoically as if it is just a nudge behind his back. Despite the difficulty of moving, Gamba still carried the bag containing the retrieved relics.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tunjilomo(m): 11:51am On Nov 10, 2017
Chai,I am enjoying this,continue please.The end is near though.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by eROCK247(m): 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
Apollux:
“Who this enemy is, I don’t know for his has refused to show himself or act directly but had used others like puppets to drive his own goals and seeks to stop me. Of course you are aware of the strangers that came in unlawfully into this temple to steal the magical items I secretly brought in. Well with time the identity of this person will be known to me, nothing stays hidden from me for too long. Have I allowed my self to use my divine power, I would have discovered his identity immediately, but that will be counter productive. So I will seek that knowledge as a man, using other means.
“Besides my plans have already reached fruition, so my enemy’s interference is of little consequence. “
Walking ahead out of the shattered council chamber, Mibazar indicated that the Arc priest should follow. “It’s time to start acting, I’m bringing down the shield soon, you have a lot to do. Ghemmaria is seeing it’s last free days, for the days of the conquest and the kingdom of Nemphis are near at hand. “

Epilogue

The sink hole they had come out of lay long behind them, the sun was already high up in the sky, buffeting them with torturing light and already warming the desert air into a heat blasting wind. Their strength were really sapped, they had become so dehydrated, that even the harsh heat was no longer drawing out any sweat from their dust caked skin. Soon their bodies will begin to burn out and their tongue will swell because of prolonged thirst.
Thrace was leading them at a North westerly direction, stumbling with each new step, claiming that it connects to a little used trade route that still have a functioning well. Jarrael was behind the acolyte, accepting the discomfort stoically as if it is just a nudge behind his back. Despite the difficulty of moving, Gamba still carried the bag containing the retrieved relics.

I hope this is not how you want to end the story o! Please come and give this drama a befitting end. Thanks
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by lord3plex(m): 2:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
Eleyi gidi gan
So even mibazar/nemphis still dey wonder who ruel be
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by cyber5(m): 2:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
I have an enemy. There is a hidden person that is opposing me and wants to thwart my plans always.

Ruel is the secret enemy. But the question is who is exactly.

This story go get part 2
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by joshuaboss9: 3:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
Apollux u r d bomb abeg wen should we b expecting part 2
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
Ride on Sah
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by lonewolftzar25: 7:20am On Nov 12, 2017
The End ?.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2017
when should we be expecting part 2 o??
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 7:33am On Nov 13, 2017
Indicating without really been able to say anything because of his dry throat, Thrace pointed at the direction of the well. The well already had several horses and humped backs oont beasts of burden been fed and given water from it, Few tall gingerly trees that offered very few precious shades from the high sun swayed in the wind. Some of the men who led the apparent trade caravan milled around, others well armed with spears stand in a defensive position round the resting caravan. They didn’t show any sign of surprise at the sudden appearance of the three desert travelers.
Three men broke away from the group attending to the caravan animals. One of the men looked like a cripple from the distance, leaning on a long staff to help him walk. The one in the middle was much more familiar to the weary group of Jarrael, Thrace and Gamba.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 7:38am On Nov 13, 2017
“You” screamed Jarrael and launched at the one in the middle who was putting on a long brown robe. His tiredness and weakened muscles seem to be a thing of the past as he headed for the man with blinding swiftness.
“Sumair stop him. “ the man suddenly said. The cripple hobbled quickly standing before the man and performing an intricate hand movement. Jarrael’s move seem to stop all of a sudden as if he had hit a wall, his arms and legs grabbed by an invisible force. Try as he may, not a single muscle of his body could budge.
“Jarrael, I never knew we had any previous disagreement that would lead to this level of aggression. “ the subject of Jarrael’s attack said calmly.
“It’s all your fault, Ruel. Everything that happened is your fault. “Jarrael raged impotently as the spell cast by the cripple called Sumair held him with invisible coil of power.
Ruel kept his distance, some feet away from the angry Jarrael. “I’m at a disadvantage here because I have no idea what your accusation is about. “
“You deceived her into a dangerous venture that took her life, just to satisfy your personal and selfish need. “ Jarrael’s body jerked and strained on the magical force holding him, this time his body moved slightly which shows the power holding him was weakening. “My sister died just so you could get what you want. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 7:46am On Nov 13, 2017
Noticing the physical strain maintaining the binding spell keeping Jarrael at a distance was having on the cripple Sumair, Ruel looked at the Hokunian giant. “Gamba please restrain Jarrael. “
Gamba dropped the bag containing the relics then held Jarrael in a strong bear hug holding him immobile and with a slight nod from Ruel, Sumair dropped the magical hold.
Jarrael’s face turned livid with rage as he noticed the magic hold was off and his limbs could move, he tried all he can to squirm out of the hold of Gamba but it didn’t budge. “Gamba let me go now.”
“I’m sorry master, as Ruel is here now, Ruel is the real master, I have to obey him. “ the Hokunian said with sadness in his voice.
After struggling for a while, hitting the Hokunian several times with his legs and still Gamba didn’t let him go, he stopped, facing Ruel with eyes blazing.
“I’m holding you personally responsible for the death of my sister. Were I not restrained, your head would be on this sand. “ Jarrael spoke his voice steady but dangerous.
“I’m really sorry you are seeing it that way, “ Ruel sighed sadly. “ I was never in anyway involved in her death. Her coming on this venture was entirely her decision. I hardly influenced her to make that choice. “
“You lie “ screamed Jarrael. “Your greed has made lying so natural to you. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 7:50am On Nov 13, 2017
With a troubled and exasperated look, Ruel said. “I shouldn’t tell you this, your sister won’t approve if she was still alive, it was her decision to come on this venture on her own. “
“That is not true, Ruel. You manipulated her, using the knowledge of who I really am and her feelings for me to persuade her. “
“See, the truth was I showed her a bit of the big picture of all that have been happening. Then from it all she realized that if she didn’t come along with you on this quest, you will not succeed. She knew that her death is the only way for you to live and succeed to finish this assignment. She felt if she didn’t die in your place, you would have failed and died. She knew she will die and made peace with it. “
Ruel tried to walk a bit closer to the restrained Jarrael, the look on his face made Ruel to stop. “What is the big picture? “ Jarrael asked the merchant.
“I’m sorry Jarrael, but I can’t tell you now because you can’t bear it, at least at the moment. “
“But you told my sister. So she is the one that can bear it right? “ Jarrael asked angrily.
“Yes and she knew what was really at stake. She wouldn’t have sacrificed her life for something very trivial. You should have trusted her, she has a strong will that none can really deceive her. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 7:54am On Nov 13, 2017
Looking back at the caravan still at the well, he indicated with his hand calling the attention of someone, who started leading some horses to him.
“Look Jarrael, let’s be honest, you accepted this job willingly and was paid, at least I offered you half of the payment up front. The second part of it is here since I can see you have completed the job and brought the relics to me. So also did every single one of you. “
Pointing at the acolyte who was busy drinking water from a leather jug given to him by the third person with Ruel, the merchant said. “Thrace already have part of his payment. The rare book of forbidden spell was given to him as advance payment. “
Taking the leather jug from his mouth Thrace added . “The other payment is that Ruel will give me a letter to pass out to the Magus of the league of mages, recommending that I should be promoted to a full mage. I just can’t wait to get back to the scarlet hill and be declared a full mage. This is the fulfillment of all my dreams. It was worth all the sacrifice, dangers and tribulations of this journey. “
“Hope the lives of my sister and Khen were worth it too? “ Jarrael said angrily glaring at Thrace.
“Believe me Jarrael I will give up everything I have if it will bring back Meera and Khen.“ the acolyte admitted sadly.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2017
Damibiz is with u...ride on
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by zelaws: 8:54am On Nov 13, 2017
Excited to know it has not ended! Don Apollux Thank you.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:35am On Nov 13, 2017
“You seem so sure of Khen’s demise. “ Ruel said looking at the acolyte quizzically.
“I’m sure Khen is dead. I saw him been surrounded by the giant scorpions. Even if not that, the tunnel he was caved in, I saw him go under. “ Thrace said after a little more sip of water. “Even if he had survived all that which I doubt, the magical defense around the black tower will be up now, there is no way Khen will escape that. “
“You shouldn’t sell the Kyaki that short, he is more resourceful than you know. Besides with some of the experiences you would have had during this journey, should have make you know that being dead have a lot of other meaning. Anyway I can’t count anyone truly dead unless I see the rotten corpse, even at that death is not still conclusive. “ Ruel stopped speaking suddenly as if forcing him to halt in other not to say more than he should. Just then the one leading the horses from the well got to him.
One of the horses was a pack animal, carrying a trunk and some other traveling gears on a sling affixed to its back. As the one leading the horses stopped, he was putting on the usual all black garb of a desert herdsman, whose face blanched with fear on seeing Jarrael’s clothing. Ruel spoke some words in a particular rare dialect of the herdsmen language, assuring him and instructing him to leave.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.