Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot (32636 Views)

Vp Helicopter Crash:lere Olayinka's Posts That Got People Talking.. / Panel Summons Fayose’s Aide, Lere Olayinka Over Closure Of Ekiti Radio/televisio / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Rotimi Amaechi Owns The $43m Found In Ikoyi Flat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 11:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
wiseguy:

He is a governor. Immunity covers him and can't be sued. That is why he has made yapping of mouth his favorite pastime
Lol,I see. Thanks for the enlightenment
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2017
wiseguy:

Immunity clause. Simple. You can't sue a sitting governor or president. That will be mere waste of time. It will be thrown out in court.
thanks fr the free civic education cheesy
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 17, 2017
Amaechi is a thief. Through out his second term as governor he didn't do anything order than looting and insulting GEJ's upandans.

Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by sirfee(m): 11:51pm On Apr 17, 2017
duwdu:

Amaechi excluded Wike from the list obviously because Wike has immunity for as long as he remains in office as governor, and so he cannot be sued - yet.

P34c3
According to A.V Dicey,nobody is above the rule of law.The insinuation that Wike was excluded due to his immunity is nothing but a sheer mischief by the apologists and zombies.
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by joshino(m): 11:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
Hey Bro
You failed not me cos Am not easily deceived unlike you
So be warned Don't cross my paths
Thank you
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by joshino(m): 11:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
azimibraun:
You should have fought the temptation to say something and be quite. Now you have embarrassed yourself with this comment. I feel so much pity for you now eh!. Oh! You failed.
Don't be meddlesome fella Am not gonna call you names but Don't cross my paths
Thank you
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by government1(m): 12:01am On Apr 18, 2017
Celcius:
Why did it take long?
People will believe all tracks have been neatly covered and he's been assured that's why he can do this now.
I support this anyway. Dont make flimsy accusations, unless they can be substantiated.
Remember the two armored helicopters
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by agbalanze01: 12:08am On Apr 18, 2017
[s]
Oblang:

If gej thinks someone is lying against him, he should sue just like amaechi is doing nw...abi his cluelessness no let him know what is right to do?
[/s]
Amaechi aka vulture of ubima is a bloody bastard thief
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by agbalanze01: 12:09am On Apr 18, 2017
[s]
henryhemon:

You know how silly people are by their comment. Some of you will die of bitterness. Go ask who owns the flat not making wild allegations out of hate.
[/s]Amaechi owns the flat QED

Stop supporting corruption
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by adontcare(f): 12:19am On Apr 18, 2017
Celcius:
Why did it take long?
People will believe all tracks have been neatly covered and he's been assured that's why he can do this now.
I support this anyway. Dont make flimsy accusations, unless they can be substantiated.
true. Amaechi government really tried in Rivers state. I like the man
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by usamali(m): 12:35am On Apr 18, 2017
seunmsg:
Kudos to Ameachi for taking this bold decision. Playing opposition politics doesn't mean people should become so insane as to fabricate outright lies against others. I hope Ameachi gets to push this case to the end without compromise. That silly Lere Olayinka particularly must be taught a lesson.

tell amaechi that I said he own the money....useless criminals
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by TijaniAbu: 12:45am On Apr 18, 2017
I think Amaechi is a bombastic lying thief

That is fair comment

Fair comment: a comment made which although may/may not be defamatory, is not actionable, as it is an opinion on a matter of public interest
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by BetaThings: 2:32am On Apr 18, 2017
Buharimustgo:

Amaechi is reaping the seed he sowed as an opposition governor, that was how he made frivolous allegations against Gej and others

Can you compare what Jonathan did to Amaechi using Patience and CP Mbu to
How Buhari is treating Wike and Fayose
Remember we still have videos on the net

And please include
Statements made by Amaechi about Jonathan and those made by Wike/Fayose about Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by BetaThings: 2:34am On Apr 18, 2017
TijaniAbu:

That is fair comment

Fair comment: a comment made which although may/may not be defamatory, is not actionable, as it is an opinion on a matter of public interest
Accusing a public official of stealing public money does not come under "fair comment on matters of public interest"
If that accusation is true, it can come under "Justification"

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by BetaThings: 2:36am On Apr 18, 2017
usamali:

tell amaechi that I said he own the money....useless criminals
Hahahaha
You will have to do better than this - apply to the Court to be joined in the suit - what you post is largely anonymous

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by BetaThings: 2:38am On Apr 18, 2017
Celcius:
Why did it take long?
Take long?
A matter of one week?
You mean they will change the ownership document within one week?
This is in Lagos, not a village where everybody will just fall in line

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by SillyMods: 2:52am On Apr 18, 2017
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Wow! Wow! Wow!.. Wike also made a statement. Why is he excluded?
He can't be sued because of immunity.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:52am On Apr 18, 2017
Buharimustgo:

Amaechi is reaping the seed he sowed as an opposition governor, that was how he made frivolous allegations against Gej and others

What frivolous allegations or are you just being willfully obtuse? Did GEJ and co steal Nigerian money or not?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:55am On Apr 18, 2017
TijaniAbu:

That is fair comment

You called him a "Thief", You will have to prove that. That is far from a proper example of "Fair Comment" when you get dragged to court.
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by obailala(m): 3:02am On Apr 18, 2017
joshino:
Some comments here shows that Nigerians can be fooled again
How can you insult fayose for coming out to say the truth .if the presidency are really fighting corruption they should also expose those who are involved perhaps most people in Apc are all former PDP'S so I Don't get it when I see APC blaming PDP they are actually blaming themselves cos most people who destroyed PDP have now joined them.
Now the money found in ikoyi'
Lagos state is an Apc state so there's no reason why some one who is from another party would save such a money bag in that state. You see why its so sketchy and besides why is the president still mute about it ?you Don't know y right Lol Don't worry tomorrow they will tell us the money was from Abacha's loot trust me this govt Na scam this is the time you Don't have to believe anybody promises but to follow the right things.Don't be deceived be careful.
While we all know that Amaechi, just like every other govt official is a thief, it would be interesting to know on what logical/evidential/sensible basis you came to this your conclusion that the kpomo-cutting-rice-sharing Fayose (another thief) is saying the truth about Amaechi being the owner of the flat?

You claimed above that Nigerians are gullible, and then you went ahead to completely swallow the words of Fayose/FFK as the holy truth even though not a single shred of evidence was produced to support the claim. Would be nice to know how/why you who is not gullible actually believed this story so quickly.
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by emi14: 3:38am On Apr 18, 2017
azimibraun:
He is been accused by the administration in the state not private individuals. The onus is upon the state to prove he embezzled funds. Fani Kayode is not a member of RVSGT.. He has no locus standi in the matter. In law he would be referd to as Busy Body by the preceding Judge when giving his judgement. If it's Rivers state matter and money.

You already sentenced FFK. Is Amaechi as a public servant clean? His a thief likewise all Nigerian's politicians. No logic shall change this impression. So Amaechi doesn't have the legal right to sue RVSGT?
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by kios(m): 4:05am On Apr 18, 2017
Nawa for lies. So, amaechi, who owns the money found in your own flat? Who are you decivimg amaechi?
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by ATERI(m): 4:26am On Apr 18, 2017
Zoharariel:
Rotimi Amaechi should go & sit down inside the Ojuelegba or Costain gutter.

I swear, the council of the irunmole tells me that the money in question was looted & kept in that apartment in ikoyi by Amaechi.

I am a staunch Buharist but here in Moskow, we call a spade a spade!

I`m surprised you are against Amaechi on this. How can it ever be right for FFK to make this allegation unless he has a solid evidence to back it up? And who wouldn`t go to court because of this, if the allegation is false?

Certain things are beyond politics; I`m happy that, for the first time, Buhari and his anti-corruption noises would be exposed for what it is. I have always maintained that, you can`t fight corruption selectively, or go after those that are not powerful while you are surrounded by the grand-fathers of corruption in Nigeria. Buhari did the same thing in the 80s when he killed poor cocaine peddlers when those that were close to him remained untouched. A true anti-corruption leader would have made everything about this case public by now. Who wouldn`t do what Amaechi is doing?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by awoluyi(m): 4:29am On Apr 18, 2017
Lord, which of these politicians will I believe? All of them have been involved in plundering our commonwealth and they will be denied peace all the days of their lives. They are all shameless liars.
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by pmatchuks: 5:29am On Apr 18, 2017
Simple let them explain to us!! Statements are not supposed to be ditched out to the public as if it was in Thier mother's pot. FFK only u carried over a billion naira in the name of campaign money , chai if u were to be working as a lawyer when on earth will u work out such amount? So go and answer your ugbaa!!! Don't point fingers with dirty hands. PDP messed up the country. U know vision 2020 is no more a national anthem? they taught that year 2020 will never come But God don bring am to our door step and guess what? Nothing to show for the democracy for all clamoured for.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by comrChris(m): 6:05am On Apr 18, 2017
Ezechinwa:

It's an indirect way of telling him his foolish. sarcasm intended
OK dear sorry

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by vibeskartel101: 6:13am On Apr 18, 2017
lere adeyinka should be in prison uniform like koo
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by BALLOSKI: 6:14am On Apr 18, 2017
admax:
Same way Kemi was sued after yapping about the pastor without any proof.

As for Amaechi, he has my support. Can he sue Wike?
wike has immunity. And this is where immunity should be redefined by our laws. You can't hide under the cover of immunity and perpetrate all sorts of evil , libel and slander.
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by jude90(m): 7:00am On Apr 18, 2017
hmmmmm just to save face but no need
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by Bankbio(m): 7:03am On Apr 18, 2017
If d flat actually belong to Amaechi, den Amaechi is prime suspect

But our leaders are Bad, they are the real Lucifer
Re: Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot by mario383: 7:10am On Apr 18, 2017
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

This is how it should be done, not jumping up and down on social media looking for wailers, zombies, traitors, saboteurs and enemies of the state(hilarious); if you feel maligned, the courts are always open, institute a legal action and stop these banal antics.

Good show Amaechi, let the litigants start their defence and attack in the courts, that's where all evidences for and against will be revealed.

UncleZuma out.
Who is this chief thief ? Like Acaechi, Babachir, Fashola. You should be ashamed of yourself that the corruption fight by Buhari is complete rubbish. Go and ask your Buhari whistle blower to also desclose the owner of the money. There is no way when the whistole blower will discover money without knowing the owner. Na lie go burry una head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Will Not Be Standing As A Senator By June" - Edward Onoja (Video) / 9-Year-Old Girl Caught With Two PVCs At Polling Unit In Nasarawa / "I Like The Way Buhari Fights Corruption" - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.