Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why (42138 Views)

"Nigeria Will Soon Be The Envy Of The World" - VP Osinbajo / Biafra: Jerry Gana Reveals Why Nigeria Will Never Break Up. / Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 9:01am On Apr 18, 2017
No breaking

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Igboesika: 9:26am On Apr 18, 2017
lightblazingnow:
Forget the idea
I will, if a mother can forget breastfeeding her child. Its not not our fault. Even if we do ( which is impossible), next generation would continue from where we stopped. Its something indelible on our minds and can never be wiped away by any form of intimidation.

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by ExpiredNigeria: 9:57am On Apr 18, 2017
lightblazingnow:
Let us not allow anger

To prevail

These people are trying everything humanly possible to contain this marriage, they have tried by carrying fake news about IPOB and biafra, by opening and operating various accounts on nairaland which include

Ipobexposed
Liepod
Biafra etcc. I think they figured that is not working that have resulted to being sentiment and begging for unity.

Bro as we're living today we don't like it, I wish our fathers got Baifra when they first asked for it by now I know I would be enjoying my Biafran land I love so much.. We'll not afford to let our children be in this mess we're today, the biafra we wish we had today, we'll try and make sure they have it tomorrow, they'll not be in wish for it but they will have it and live as Biafran

We'll still be neighboring countries

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 10:28am On Apr 18, 2017
ln God We Trust

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 10:49am On Apr 18, 2017
Discourage division

Even in your life

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 10:55am On Apr 18, 2017
ExpiredNigeria:

These people are trying everything humanly possible to contain this marriage, they have tried by carrying fake news about IPOB and biafra, by opening and operating various accounts on nairaland which include

Ipobexposed
Liepod
Biafra etcc. I think they figured that is not working that have resulted to being sentiment and begging for unity.

Bro as we're living today we don't like it, I wish our fathers got Baifra when they first asked for it by now I know I would be enjoying my Biafran land I love so much.. We'll not afford to let our children be in this mess we're today, the biafra we wish we had today, we'll try and make sure they have it tomorrow, they'll not be in wish for it but they will have it and live as Biafran

We'll still be neighboring countries

Darkness is a curse and you should reject it outright.

Tell your brother's, your Governors to build your Igbo Land. If your Governors performance is according to what is required of them by the Nigerian Constitution, you would have been joying with all merriment.

Talk to your brother's​

Tell yourself.

What have you done to help the suffering around you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 10:56am On Apr 18, 2017
The world is a global village

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 6:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
Never ever

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Etogist: 7:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
So long a letter. Unfortunately, your long epistle is only good for a trash. Biafra is a done deal.

23 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by EazyMoh(m): 7:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
EnkayDezign:
Nice one OP
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by pchukwudi: 9:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
You are smart but arrogant. Thus you failed to show that knowledge is wide apart from experience, and facts differ from opinion.

Your argument is therefore a pure pile of highly opinionated conjecture that's devoid of facts, yet deceitfully presented as factual. That's not just criminal, it's extremely offensive.

As an Igbo person, I find the following lie of yours super annoying:

For example, if violence in the north was simply about anti-Igbo hatred then it would be saner for Igbos to stay home in the east. But the east is disadvantaged by its erosion-prone poor soil which cannot sustain the population density of the area and which accounts for the comparatively high level of migration of Igbos to other parts of Nigeria

I seriously think it's only chronic insanity that would trigger an educated person to spew the above sweeping falsehood about a region she was not born in, lived in, or got fully integrated with. This same Easterners have been saying for over 50 years now that they want to be left alone in that same "erosion prone soil". They went to war to defend the soveringnity of that eroded soil. Can't you see how insane pathetic your little rationalization about "poor and erosion prone soil" sounds here?

It's super insane to even imagine that erosion could be the reason why igbos migrate to other parts of the world (not just the few in other parts of Nigeria) in droves. Can you seriously imagine a sane educated person saying that erosion, earthquake or terrorism is the reason we have more Jews living outside the Jewish state of Isreal?

Anyway, another fallacy in your deceitful argument is the suggestion that homogeneity is not critical to nation building. On that note, I will just make the following three assertions and implore you to counter them.

1. Ethnic Cultural, social and ideological homogeneity, combined, is the single most critical factor for the continued success of each European state as a distinct soverign unit. And that's in spite of the recent invasion of cultural marxism.

2. The only parts of the developed economies where you don't have a deep-seated social crisis raging right now are those places where there's stronger homogeneity.

3. In all indices of human and societal development, homogeneous nations are much more stable and prosperous than their diverse counterparts.

Only devious intent could compel you to disregard the above assertions in favor of one insanely diverse Nigeria.

Even the foreign authors of the sysyem called Freakonomics or "How to Think Like a Freak" found that the major reason for relentless social crisis in Africa is the fact that colonial masters shared and merged many inreconcilable cultures like they would share and merge a piece of pie without any regards for the indegineous PEOPLE in those diverse cultures.

Thus, in my opinion, the least honest thing you could do now is to lend your voice to the push for referendum.

Let those who want to be Nigerians remain Nigerians, and let those who want out be allowed to go out. Unity stops being unity when the united are forced to stick together.

Zik and co. made the same argument you are making right now some decades ago, yet the nation has grown much more divisive than it had ever been.

Do you really think we are going to spend eternity speculating about the merits of one Nigeria?

Why is it so darn hard to shut down a system that has failed to work in 100 years?

Is this some kind of cult nation or something?

Sorry, but I seriously get pissed when I see an educated person arguing to force people to uphold an unatural identity ( an imposition of a self serving foreign entity) at all cost.

You can do better.

lightblazingnow:
Truth be told

Open your heart

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
Not
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by deedeedee1: 11:41pm On Apr 18, 2017
Nonsense!!! What is the essence of living in a country with 300 ethnic groups? I do not know when a black man will ever use his brain. Let people who share a common language,culture and ancestor live in the same country so that there will be peace. Let them form nations.
Simple!!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by 9jakool: 6:09am On Apr 19, 2017
deedeedee1:
Nonsense!!! What is the essence of living in a country with 300 ethnic groups? I do not know when a black man will ever use his brain. Let people who share a common language,culture and ancestor live in the same country so that there will be peace. Let them form nations.
Simple!!!
So 300 Nations?
Common ethnic group/language has nothing to do with it. Look at one of the most ethnically and religiously homogeneous countries in the world like Somalia and Ukraine.
Countries like Indonesia, Philippines, Brazil, Australia, Italy, and the US all have over 100 ethnic groups and diverse religions and they seem to be doing better. The problem with Nigeria is that you have a government that doesn't care about its people, so the common citizens are left to battle over their differences which intensify the already existing political divide, furthermore aiding the cause of those in power.

Cultural differences is irrelevant to Nation building (those barriers are only surface deep). Nation building only needs people who can unite on a progressive plan to develop irrespective of their differences. This is exactly what happened in Rwanda, a country that was torn apart by genocide that arose from cultural differences and power struggle. The Rwanda that emerged from the ashes of its past is now one of the fastest growing economy in the world with fast-growing human development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Sealeddeal(m): 6:51am On Apr 19, 2017
The OP is so arrogant reminiscent of a Northern Muslims which can annoy anyone.
How can anyone suggest that Southern Nigeria are living on Northern food ration and possibly surviving on Northern(Fulani) proteinous meats?
Why then are the North who gives out those foods so poor,wretched and malnourished when they have all these foods and meat?
Secondly, the stupid OP's claim that the erosion is driving Igbo people out of Igboland is nothing but a dangerous claim that seek to haul insult to Igbo people.
The above two statements seems to me as the only things the OP want to write and just went about writing other unnecessary verbiage.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by warripekin(m): 7:08am On Apr 19, 2017
9jakool:

So 300 Nations?
Common ethnic group/language has nothing to do with it. Look at one of the most ethnically and religiously homogeneous countries in the world like Somalia and Ukraine.
Countries like Indonesia, Philippines, Brazil, Australia, Italy, and the US all have over 100 ethnic groups and diverse religions and they seem to be doing better. The problem with Nigeria is that you have a government that doesn't care about its people, so the common citizens are left to battle over their differences which intensify the already existing political divide, furthermore aiding the cause of those in power.

Cultural differences is irrelevant to Nation building (those barriers are only surface deep). Nation building only needs people who can unite on a progressive plan to develop irrespective of their differences. This is exactly what happened in Rwanda, a country that was torn apart by genocide that arose from cultural differences and power struggle. The Rwanda that emerged from the ashes of its past is now one of the fastest growing economy in the world with fast-growing human development.

I beg to disagree with you. cultural homogeneity is a huge factor in determining the making of a nation. The cases you sited here are strong nations because of the cultural bonds binding them as a nation. Malaysia separated from Indonesia because culturally they are not the same. Even in Malaysia the majority malays are the ones running the show. Italy is not culturally diversified and they have strong binding factor in catholicism and language. In Australia u mentioned, apart from the colonised aborigines the dominant culture is the protestant -Caucasians who emigrated to Australia. Same goes for Brazil where the Portuguese -Catholic culture is at the core of their homogeneity. USA is still controlled by the dominant British -protestant -Caucasian culture. The Rewandan genocide happened because hutus were against tutsis that later snowballed into a conundrum of blood letting. The Rwandan situation may likely pita out in Nigeria where a dominant hausa-fulani moslem is refusing to listen to cry of injustice from southern Nigeria. Like in Rwanda, the tutsis were perpetually ìn leadership but nothing to show for it until the crisis started. Rwanda has been managed because of binding factors like catholicism, constitutional reforms after the upheaval and Rwanda comprises of two ethnic groups that are willing to look at their problems collectively. Same can not be said of Nigeria with three major ethnic group and over three hundred other minority groups with diverse cultures separating us. Besides our colonial masters built Nigeria on a tripod but so far Nigeria seem to be standing on one leg. Cultural diversity instead of being a binding force is rather at the centre of factors dividing us. Nepotism, ethnocentrism and even corruption are are as result of cultural diversity in Nigeria. Nigeria is more like Yugoslavia and unfortunately it looks like we are going the Yugoslavia way.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 7:45am On Apr 19, 2017
Not Constitutional
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 8:08am On Apr 19, 2017
Most times we are blindfolded by the present
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by 9jabull: 8:13am On Apr 19, 2017
BMCskullHunter:
After writing all the jargon you put up there, better start thinking about how your region will survive without Niger Delta oil because there would be none for you soon.

Don't mind him jarri, writing jargon and hoping to fed from Nigerdelta oil.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by 9jabull: 8:19am On Apr 19, 2017
Nigeria is a British fraud commited by lugard & co, the fraud called Nigeria can't withstand taste of time, if you like write from hear to jerico it jargon.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 8:25am On Apr 19, 2017
Say no to division everywhere

One body

Christ
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Indiaindia: 8:45am On Apr 19, 2017
IBOS HAVE EVIL INTENSIONS AGAINST SOUTH SOUTH
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Indiaindia: 8:50am On Apr 19, 2017
IBOS HAVE BAD INTENSIONS AGAINST THE SOUTH SOUTH
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 8:57am On Apr 19, 2017
We stand by

Unity
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by ak47mann(m): 9:16am On Apr 19, 2017
Begging for unity?? You must be one of the Nigeria elites from those regions that enjoy free oil money while the owners are dying in penury.If your region is contributing enough you don't need to beg for unity, you will be proud of your region.We can see this is not the case cool

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by bantudra: 9:58am On Apr 19, 2017
mikeycharles:
even married couples break up

but what you are forgeting is,we are not a couple...we are a nation......!

i always find it funny when igbos come with the argument that is marriage by force??..

the question here is: who bloody married you??...i didnt marry a igbo and i dont want anymore...i broke all my friendships with igbos in the last two weeks...igbo girls i dont even look anymore......just mention anything igbo in my presence and i will ignore you...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 10:02am On Apr 19, 2017
Never ever
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 10:03am On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:

i always find it funny when igbos come with the argument that is marriage by force??..

the question here is: who bloody married you??...i didnt marry a igbo and i dont want anymore...i broke all my friendships with igbos in the last two weeks...igbos girls i dont even look anymore......just mention anything igbo in my presence and i will ignore you...

Extreme
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by bantudra: 10:05am On Apr 19, 2017
lightblazingnow:

Extreme

hardcore!.....they dont want to stop...i made up my mind..i dont want anything to do with igbos no more....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by deedeedee1: 10:20am On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=bantudra post=55703807]

Nigeria is not a nation, why must you guys live in a country created by the whites? This is why racism and superiority exists. Nigeria was never meant to be. Close your eyes and tell me how you see nigeria in the twenty years from now. You and i know that nigeria will not work but you keep ignoring it.
Nigeria has no future. Anyways not only igbos support nigeria disintegration. I am yoruba and i support it.

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by AbuEzeFemi(m): 10:23am On Apr 19, 2017
Nigeria belongs to Allah - ﻧﻴﺠﻴﺮﻳﺎ ﻳﻨﺘﻤﻲ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ‏( nayjiria yantami 'iilaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition / African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo / BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.