Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why (42114 Views)

"Nigeria Will Soon Be The Envy Of The World" - VP Osinbajo / Biafra: Jerry Gana Reveals Why Nigeria Will Never Break Up. / Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by deedeedee1: 10:34am On Apr 19, 2017
9jakool:

So 300 Nations?
Common ethnic group/language has nothing to do with it. Look at one of the most ethnically and religiously homogeneous countries in the world like Somalia and Ukraine.
Countries like Indonesia, Philippines, Brazil, Australia, Italy, and the US all have over 100 ethnic groups and diverse religions and they seem to be doing better. The problem with Nigeria is that you have a government that doesn't care about its people, so the common citizens are left to battle over their differences which intensify the already existing political divide, furthermore aiding the cause of those in power.

Cultural differences is irrelevant to Nation building (those barriers are only surface deep). Nation building only needs people who can unite on a progressive plan to develop irrespective of their differences. This is exactly what happened in Rwanda, a country that was torn apart by genocide that arose from cultural differences and power struggle. The Rwanda that emerged from the ashes of its past is now one of the fastest growing economy in the world with fast-growing human development.
lols! How come you seem to choose only somalia and ukraine? Why not japan, garmany,south korea, poland, netherland, norway, denmark,austria,sweden, hungary? Hmm? Tell me? Why not compare them with your country and see how far this country has gone. Ukraine is far much better than nigeria. America has been able to manage its diversity because it is occupied by non indegeneous people. Hence, they are classified by race or continent they originate from. Everyone in america(apart from african american-who got there as slaves) know where his ancestors are from. This is why you hear words like german american, english american e.t.c.
No matter how you africans ignore your problem...the truth is that it will keep staring at you.
Have a good day

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by bantudra: 10:55am On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=deedeedee1 post=55704519][/quote]

what do you understand under future..??..are you a seer to care that much about the future??..

you should be worried about now not the future....
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 11:12am On Apr 19, 2017
Never ever
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by lightblazingnow(m): 11:13am On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:

what do you understand under future..??..are you a seer to care that much about the future??..

Now love
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by deedeedee1: 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:

i dont have to be a seer to care for my future. I care about the future because this is the same country my children and their children will live in. A country that has no future simple has none. In the next twenty years nigeria will still not have electricity, good roads. Infact nigeria's future will be much worse than today.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Zebrudaya666: 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
BMCskullHunter:

Dude you're not my brother. If you say you're my brother, upload a video of you saying "buhari is a vegetable" in Igbo 20 times then I'd believe you.
bmcskullhunter cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by bantudra: 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
deedeedee1:
i dont have to be a seer to care for my future. I care about the future because this is the same country my children and their children will live in. A country that has no future simple has none. In the next twenty years nigeria will still not have electricity, good roads. Infact nigeria's future will be much worse than today.

do you realy believe we will let any basstard to touch your igbo children in the future??.....the yorubas will not,the hausas will not...

sooo,what are you yabbing the ol time about??...

military men beat up a igbo disabled man,we all cried bloody hell..what makes you think the rest of nigeria will allow anything to happen to your igbo children in the future....??
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by YelloweWest: 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2017
grin grin grab popcorn and chilled zobo

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by tinz: 1:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
My heads is full of Science . Just like North Korea's​presidio. Some people down north need thought some critical lessons. If eventually Nigeria breaks up. My desire is to make my home an atomic weapon enough to distroy the whole of north
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Dollypie20(f): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
Can someone pls summarize all those epistles?
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Bluffly: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
The truth be told, Things were much better under the parliamentary system the British gave us which is exactly their own form of government but everything started to go wrong when our inept leaders decided to adopt a government style that does not fit us. Very region was developing quite well especially west and suddenly presidential system was adopted to do what!!! Our nature is just like that of the UK with Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, England. We need to retrace our steps and stop adopting everything which puts us in a mirage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by AreaFada2: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
mikeycharles:
even married couples break up

Some parents even disown their kids sef. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by obc: 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
Oga stop these epistles and face realities. You and your pay masters will be shocked soon if not soonest. You are writing thrash and using pseudo id to hit like button. Go and learn well. If Soviet Union could break, Nigeria break up is eminent. You cannot merge nations into one contraption "One Nigeria" Have you ever heard one USA? Funny folks everywhere...
lightblazingnow:

Nigeria's problem is not her diversity but the failure of the state to affirm Nigerian citizenship as the ultimate identity superseding all other allegiances. It is our failure as citizens, intellectuals and politicians to articulate an all-embracing Nigerian ethos. Rather we waste valuable time and energy rebooting hackneyed definitions of Nigeria as an artificial creation or a mere geographical expression. Yet all nations, possibly except Australia, being creations of human political will, are artificial and begin as geographical novelties; they are not received from heaven. It falls on succeeding generations to transform them from mere geographies into socio-political moralities; to create transcendent solidarities where none existed before. This is what nation-building is about and this is what we have failed so spectacularly to do. Sectarian politics thrives largely because of the dazzling scale of ignorance that Nigerians demonstrate about their history, geography and each other.

It is foolhardy to believe that the failure to treat ourselves as citizens rather than as ethnic and religious partisans will disappear if we dissolve Nigeria. If we cannot treat each other humanely now that we are compatriots, how on earth are we going to do better if we become foreigners? Last year, the Abia state government fired several "non-indigenes," many of whom were Igbo-speaking, from its employment to make room for equally Igbo "indigenes." Significantly, most conflicts in Nigeria are between so-called "indigenes" and "settlers," a dichotomy that at times seems to defy ethnic or religious solidarity. These petty bigotries and manifestations of apartheid will not disappear with the Nigerian union. The challenge of civic security is inescapable for there is no possible post-Nigerian construct that would not contain either religious or ethnic minorities. It is worth noting that Biafra, the most serious separatist effort in our history was undermined both by the superior power of the federal forces and the reluctance of ethnic minorities who feared for their own prospects as citizens of Biafra. The problem remains creating a just, fair and equal citizenship that shelters all of us regardless of creed, ethnicity, class or gender. Nothing suggests that new ethnic republics would in any way be more peaceful, stable or more prosperous than the current Nigerian reality. In short, it would require less effort to renew the Nigerian enterprise than to construct afresh new polities.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by slimmdree(m): 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
ok moving on

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Emyres: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
work of afonja

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by bantudra: 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2017
obc:
Oga stop these epistles and face realities. You and your pay masters will be shocked soon if not soonest. You are writing thrash and using pseudo id to hit like button. Go and learn well. If Soviet Union could break, Nigeria break up is eminent. You cannot merge nations into one contraption "One Nigeria" Have you ever heard one USA? Funny folks everywhere...

you know what??...i dont even care if nigeria breaks up....free will..but i know i dont want to become biafran....period....

nigeria will still be here after igbos leave...you igbos are realy not a loose.....

your problem is now,who wants to join you in your new adventure socalled biafra......

i am urhobo,we urhobos are tired of pleading with you to be reasonable....go!..go find out human tragedies yourselfs......
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by AreaFada2: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
Bluffly:
The truth be told, Things were much better under the parliamentary system the British gave us which is exactly their own form of government but everything started to go wrong when our inept leaders decided to adopt a government style that does not fit us. Very region was developing quite well especially west and suddenly presidential system was adopted to do what!!! Our nature is just like that of the UK with Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, England. We need to retrace our steps and stop adopting everything which puts us in a mirage.

But we still managed to abuse the parliamentary system then. Akintola was still used against Awo, by the North.

Westminster system promotes more executive accountability. Our lazy & capricious elite don't like that. The presidential (king-like) system suits their ego better. Especially the North like centralised power. Though Ironsi brought the centralised unitary system to appease the North after January 1966 coup.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by hucienda: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
BMCskullHunter:
After writing all the jargon you put up there, better start thinking about how your region will survive without Niger Delta oil because there would be none for you soon.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by kolaish(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
Cekpo34:

How many of these delusional livestock is sold directly by the government and such money is distributed to the 36 States of the Federation? I thought you had any cogent point to make not knowing it's a regurgitation of trites that every 'scholars' from the other side spew... Wehdone.

As for me, there are too many contradictions and injustice already. Some people are so alien to the other. The only thing that unites us is geography, sports and manipulations by politicians. Is there any hope? Yes! As distinct and diverse as we are, tension, fears and diffidence can be avoided with true federalism. Our diversity could be a force but not when people like you come up with concoctions and conjectures to defend a sinking order. Nigeria will definitely disintegrate if we fail to tell ourselves the truth.
Very good points. Some of them do not even pay tax to constituted authority.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by daveP(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
Igbo muslims? sho me one pls

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by bantudra: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
daveP:
Igbo muslims? sho me one pls

now you are kidding...right??...their are igbo muslims all around the globe....
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Ever8054: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
ShootToKill:
Delusions and dreams of a parasite.
what's your point sir?
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by mmsen: 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
I'm all for expelling five of the most problematic northern states from the union.

But I'm sure many of you prefer to play ostrich.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by RosaConsidine: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:
Where is Soviet Union.?

Where is Yugoslavia.?

Where is Sudan.?

Op, keep fooling yourself why a Scottish style referendum takes place here someday

You realize that of all the hitherto existing geopolitical setups you mentioned there, only Russia has come off better from the breakup. Why? Because Russia already fared better before the unification and also, even post breakup, Russia still wields overwhelming influence over all the other former Soviet states. Sudan and South Sudan are still horribly poor and enmeshed in conflict. Most eastern European countries that make up Yugoslavia like Serbia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Croatia and the rest have not improved much since deciding to determine their individual fates. I'm not saying they fared better as part of a united Soviet republic or Yugoslavia or Sudan but the idea that breaking Nigeria up would fix the eventual states that emerge from the breakup is extremely exaggerated.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Afam6(m): 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
I need not say more.
May God bless you.
uote author=pchukwudi post=55692545]You are smart but arrogant. Thus you failed to show that knowledge is wide apart from experience, and facts differ from opinion.

Your argument is therefore a pure pile of highly opinionated conjecture that's devoid of facts, yet deceitfully presented as factual. That's not just criminal, it's extremely offensive.

As an Igbo person, I find the following lie of yours super annoying:

I seriously think it's only chronic insanity that would trigger an educated person to spew the above sweeping falsehood about a region she was not born in, lived in, or got fully integrated with. This same Easterners have been saying for over 50 years now that they want to be left alone in that same "erosion prone soil". They went to war to defend the soveringnity of that eroded soil. Can't you see how insane pathetic your little rationalization about "poor and erosion prone soil" sounds here?

It's super insane to even imagine that erosion could be the reason why igbos migrate to other parts of the world (not just the few in other parts of Nigeria) in droves. Can you seriously imagine a sane educated person saying that erosion, earthquake or terrorism is the reason we have more Jews living outside the Jewish state of Isreal?

Anyway, another fallacy in your deceitful argument is the suggestion that homogeneity is not critical to nation building. On that note, I will just make the following three assertions and implore you to counter them.

1. Ethnic Cultural, social and ideological homogeneity, combined, is the single most critical factor for the continued success of each European state as a distinct soverign unit. And that's in spite of the recent invasion of cultural marxism.

2. The only parts of the developed economies where you don't have a deep-seated social crisis raging right now are those places where there's stronger homogeneity.

3. In all indices of human and societal development, homogeneous nations are much more stable and prosperous than their diverse counterparts.

Only devious intent could compel you to disregard the above assertions in favor of one insanely diverse Nigeria.

Even the foreign authors of the sysyem called Freakonomics or "How to Think Like a Freak" found that the major reason for relentless social crisis in Africa is the fact that colonial masters shared and merged many inreconcilable cultures like they would share and merge a piece of pie without any regards for the indegineous PEOPLE in those diverse cultures.

Thus, in my opinion, the least honest thing you could do now is to lend your voice to the push for referendum.

Let those who want to be Nigerians remain Nigerians, and let those who want out be allowed to go out. Unity stops being unity when the united are forced to stick together.

Zik and co. made the same argument you are making right now some decades ago, yet the nation has grown much more divisive than it had ever been.

Do you really think we are going to spend eternity speculating about the merits of one Nigeria?

Why is it so darn hard to shut down a system that has failed to work in 100 years?

Is this some kind of cult nation or something?

Sorry, but I seriously get pissed when I see an educated person arguing to force people to uphold an unatural identity ( an imposition of a self serving foreign entity) at all cost.

You can do better.

[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
It is intellectually lazy and astonishingly parlous thinking to suggest that the solution to our national crisis is disintegration.

preach it!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by obc: 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
If its your resolve to remain and die a Nigerian so be it. No one will be forced into accepting Biafra. You are an adult and such reserves the right to choose your nationality. But I disagree totally with the Op's assertion that Nigeria will never break.
bantudra:

you know what??...i dont even care if nigeria breaks up....free will..but i know i dont want to become biafran....period....

nigeria will still be here after igbos leave...you igbos are realy not a loose.....

your problem is now,who wants to join you in your new adventure socalled biafra......

i am urhobo,we urhobos are tired of pleading with you to be reasonable....go!..go find out human tragedies yourselfs......

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Ever8054: 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
BMCskullHunter:
After writing all the jargon you put up there, better start thinking about how your region will survive without Niger Delta oil because there would be none for you soon.
an oil thief(Igbo) man has spoken....remember Niger Delta republic is on its a way...
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
lightblazingnow:
We must uphold

Our unity
Mumu you are not ashamed of yourself
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by farem: 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
BMCskullHunter:

Can you honestly tell this house where you are writing this? Is your 'native' country?
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by mandax: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
lightblazingnow:
Practically​

Impossible

Practically wasted effort of your here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Armed Men Storm Senator Melaye's House In Abuja / Osinbajo, Ambode And Wife, Bolanle Worship At Deeper Life Church In Lagos / Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.