Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,464 members, 7,781,344 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:47 PM

I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help (672 Views)

The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off / How To Inspect A Used Car Before Buying / How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by NEROSKY(m): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2017
This started a month or two of owning Honda DC, pls if you've witnessed this or person you know pls advice me on what to do.. Note; mechanic and key fixers don't seems to know the solution
Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 17, 2017
Change batteries.
Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by nurey(m): 10:02pm On Apr 17, 2017
Was it bought brand new in Nigeria (side mirror indicators and white traffic indicator in back lamp against all red in imported one)

That key get a mind of its own, and can misbehave anytime, you either buy a new fob and reprogram that's your best bet, don't leave car key inside and do mistake close door, the car can lock itself automatically even when engine is on.
Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 17, 2017
nurey:
Was it bought brand new in Nigeria (side mirror indicators and white traffic indicator in back lamp against all red in imported one)

That key get a mind of its own, and can misbehave anytime, you either buy a new fob and reprogram that's your best bet, don't leave car key inside and do mistake close door, the car can lock itself automatically even when engine is on.

MY bet is still on the batteries. Provided it works and he only needs to get close before it responds.
Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by nurey(m): 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
greenhulk:

MY bet is still on the batteries. Provided it works and he only needs to get close before it responds.

Am guessing the op has changed batteries before coming here to ask.

1 Like

Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by NEROSKY(m): 10:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
greenhulk:
Change batteries.
Have done that before
Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by NEROSKY(m): 10:47pm On Apr 17, 2017
nurey:

have reprogrammed the car once
Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by cliquevibes(m): 11:50pm On Apr 17, 2017
Ave u tried .....

O sorry, I dnt ave a car yet!!!
Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by makavele: 12:00am On Apr 18, 2017
get a new fob and reprogram
Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by NEROSKY(m): 12:00am On Apr 18, 2017
makavele:
get a new fob and reprogram
Done that before
Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by makavele: 12:03am On Apr 18, 2017
NEROSKY:

please what's fob??

the plastic part that houses the electrical board and the buttons . .
either attached directly to the metal key or a separate unit itself
Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:07am On Apr 18, 2017
you are using fake battery cells. Get an original battery, and proximity will improve.

2 Likes

Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
you are using fake battery cells. Get an original battery, and proximity will improve.

Gbam. Stop buying from ab0kis
Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by NEROSKY(m): 3:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
greenhulk:

Gbam. Stop buying from ab0kis

lol, how do i know original bar3:
Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by makavele: 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
NEROSKY:

lol, how do i know original bar3:

Buy from reputable outlets . . e.g. SHoprite , though every expensive

1 Like

Re: I Have To Near My Car Before The Remote Could Work.. Pls Help by NEROSKY(m): 6:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
makavele:

Buy from reputable outlets . . e.g. SHoprite , though every expensive
NICE one, never thought of it, shoprite dey my backyard

(1) (Reply)

Upcoming Movies Now Online HD / BP Gets Greener & Invests In Ultra-fast Charging Company Storedot / I NEED Vento Volkswagen Automatic Brainbox To Buy No 01m 927 733 BD Siemens 5wk3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.