Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor (27459 Views)

Snapchat Keeps Unique Daily Audience Against Instagram / Specifications Of The Smartphone That Was Made Just For Hackers / 6 Ways Your Password Can Be Cracked By Hackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by NaijaTechGuy(m): 1:23am On Apr 18, 2017
A few days ago, A former employee of Snapchat revealed that Evan Spiegel (Snapchat CEO) made a remark in 2015 that Snapchat was originally meant for rich people not poor countries like India and Spain.

Apparently this didn't go down too well with the Indians and sparked rage online. In response to that anonymous Indian hackers have claimed to leak the database of 1.7 million Snapchat users, which they hacked last year.

According to the hackers, they had found vulnerability in Snapchat database last year and had siphoned details of 1.7 million users.

Hackers leaked and made this data based available on the darknet to mark their resentment against the company's remark on India.Indian hackers are among one of the best in the world of IT and experts at bounty hunting.

Hackers said they had found the bug earlier but never used the data but the 'arrogance' of the Snapchat CEO annoyed them.

They have further threatened to carry out an intensive strike against the company on the virtual world till the CEO apologies for his remark.
Although, Snapchat has not confirmed any successful hack and leak yet.

In response to the comment, Indians started campaigning against the app and Snapchat's rating dropped to a 'single star' from an apparent 'five star' on the Apple App Store.

Snapchat is reportedly suing the employee to court.

21 Likes

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by NaijaTechGuy(m): 1:24am On Apr 18, 2017

1 Like

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by succyblinks(f): 1:25am On Apr 18, 2017
Snapchat owner be like "who send me"?

I like the way Indians handled him but if na naija now, all we can do is react on twitter like chemicals. Thumbs up to the people who stood up for their country.

300 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Swegzfreak: 2:19am On Apr 18, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by donmalcolm21(m): 2:47am On Apr 18, 2017
succyblinks:

I like the way Indians handled him but if na naija now, all we can do is react on twitter like chemicals. Thumbs up to the people who stood up for their country.
Lai Mohammed will even set up a commitee to look into Snapchat boss allegations.

The committee he set up against DSTV for taking BBN to SA is yet to submit its report

158 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 18, 2017
Well Snapchat still has 4.2 rating on Google play Store. Make Indians go siddon abeg.

For the guy that leaked such an information about his former employer, I can categorically say his career is done for. No one will trust him ever again, either as an employee or as a business partner.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 18, 2017
Who go teach me hacking abeg??

8 Likes

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by veinless(f): 6:18am On Apr 18, 2017
i don't feel any pity for these indians...serves them right ,they treat Nigerians there anyhow .poor nation

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Idydarling(f): 6:29am On Apr 18, 2017
lol
Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by tspouse(m): 6:40am On Apr 18, 2017
succyblinks:

waitin nigerians know more than to react on twitter and facebook,and for their leaders to loot

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by gsogbu(m): 6:42am On Apr 18, 2017
Make we see the database files na
Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by iceberryose(m): 6:59am On Apr 18, 2017
If this had happened in Nigeria,na only to react on twitter and then come nairaland come start tribal war between afonja and Igbos

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by ITbomb(m): 7:07am On Apr 18, 2017
succyblinks:

You will see how the front page." See Nigerians reactions after Snapchat called them poor "

6 Likes

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Atiku2019: 7:37am On Apr 18, 2017
Lol grin
Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by kings09(m): 7:37am On Apr 18, 2017
The guy really look for trouble.
Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 18, 2017
Na only facebook and google get secured database every other tech coy could easily get hacked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by martineverest(m): 7:39am On Apr 18, 2017
instead of spiegel to focus on how to stop zukerberg invasion,he is busy insulting nations

17 Likes

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 18, 2017
Unparalleled display of patriotism. Thumbs up Indians.

4 Likes

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Holatunde007(m): 7:40am On Apr 18, 2017
Theyve proved him wrong

1 Like

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by KingLennon(m): 7:40am On Apr 18, 2017
Caliing the indians poor was uncalled for. Atleast the indians have shown them that they may be poor but not foolish

14 Likes

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 18, 2017
nice one.

Nigerians, that's how you react!

7 Likes

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Afam4eva(m): 7:41am On Apr 18, 2017
There are some things people should just keep to their chest. It's not everything that you're thinking that you pour out.

Btw, India has about 4 million snapchat users. That's impressive if you ask me.

5 Likes

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by martineverest(m): 7:41am On Apr 18, 2017
LastMumu:
Well Snapchat still has 4.2 rating on Google play Store. Make Indians go siddon abeg.

For the guy that leaked such an information about his former employer, I can categorically say his career is done for. No one will trust him ever again, either as an employee or as a business partner.
who rating help??....snaptchat is crumbling and dyeing gradually.

Most snapchat features are on instagram now

9 Likes

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by girlhaley(f): 7:41am On Apr 18, 2017
succyblinks:

You know no say we don reactant for 9ja......Na to come Twitter.... Come display Stupidity
Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 18, 2017
Afam4eva:
chai!!! At your Nairaland old age, you dey book space grin
chai!!!

3 Likes

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Darvel(m): 7:44am On Apr 18, 2017
LastMumu:

Guy it is now 4.0

9 Likes

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Afam4eva(m): 7:44am On Apr 18, 2017
Joavid:

chai!!! At your Nairaland old age, you dey book space grin

chai!!!
Lol grin Wetin man go do? Before dem spam the entire thread.

2 Likes

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by hollowpot15684(m): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2017
good I like that judgement.
Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by talk2hb1(m): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2017
Maybe we should release the Database of Nairalanders tooo grin
Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Darvel(m): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2017
Chai i cant fit laf

2 Likes

Re: Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor by Dee60: 7:48am On Apr 18, 2017
The CEO of SnapChat should apologize.

However that does not mean that the status of India and Spain have changed.

India has a rich heritage but in terms of the economy, India is not a rich nation! You know what that means.

It is the same way that Nigeria cannot be called an economicaly rich nation.

One day, India and Nigeria and Spain will get there if we put our acts to gether and stop corruption and corrupt leaders.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10k/sec to all networks on MTN / OPPO A78 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / Infinix Note 5 Vs TECNO Camon X Pro - Speed Test, RAM Management & Battery Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.