Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? (13995 Views)

Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! / FRSC Lists 6 Documents Every Nigerian Driver Must Have / 6 Documents Every Nigerian Driver MUST Have Released By FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by Thankful1970: 7:40am On Apr 18, 2017
I did mine online about 3weeks ago. I applied for 5yrs and paid via MasterCard for N10,450.00 only. I did not tick for re-biometric capture. I just submitted and it went through and I did a print out of the approved application form. Finally I took it to the State Revenue Board for signature by the Licensing officer and FRSC personnel. I was later told to keep with me the signed copy of the approved application form as evidence that I have done my part for the license should I be stopped by any enforcement agent.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by smartty68(m): 7:40am On Apr 18, 2017
twinskenny:

I just applied for mine 2 weeks ago.. process was flawless.. I paid 6500 for the 3years renewal. Waiting for pick up

LastMumu:

If you are renewing your license it is 15k, if you are processing it for the first time, it is 25k.

Which should I take?

Cos I'll like to renew my license though
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by cbrass(m): 7:40am On Apr 18, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

I did. Very convenient and swift process. I applied for five years - 10,450. I applied in traffic sef on my way to work, got it printed, and went to the revenue office during break to get it signed. I chose not to capture, so I was done in less than an hour. Waiting for pick up.

What's the url
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 18, 2017
dabongys:
I may be wrong (possibly things have changed) but applying on-line would most likely leave you driving around with those bank-teller and online application papers for as long as God knows when. The people are creating such a bottle neck due to corrupt practices. After an online application, you are supposed to be contacted to go there for biometrics...I am yet to see anybody who has had it like that. But let me not discourage you, go ahead. Print out your application and have a copy of your bank teller as proof. The road safety lacks adequate facilities for this era of licencing. In some states of the Federation, there is only one data capture center. You can then imagine what follows with so many people applying for the license and wanting it like there's no tomorrow.

After on-line application and payment, you're required to go to their offices for confirmation and road-safety endorsement and then proceed for biometric detail capturing (unless you specified not to on your application). You will then be issued a temporary license.
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 18, 2017
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by Thankful1970: 7:44am On Apr 18, 2017
Your biometric data does not change except you have a transplant on your fingers. The FRSC corrupt personnel will make you think you need re-capture in order to exploit you. I did mine same as the thread.
U chose not to capture? Thought capturing is compulsory.[/quote]
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by potent5(m): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2017
This is the website to go to. https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 18, 2017
nepapole:

U chose not to capture? Thought capturing is compulsory.

No it's not. On the online form, the default setting for DL renewal is: do not capture. So if you want to get a new picture taken, be sure to change it. If you captured before, the details will still be in the system. They would use the old picture, but it would save you the stress of queuing up.
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by twinskenny(m): 7:48am On Apr 18, 2017
smartty68:

Which should I take?

Cos I'll like to renew my license though

for renewa of 3years is 6500 for 5 years is 10k. thats the official price bro..

go to the site and confirm

https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/

1 Like

Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by smartty68(m): 7:49am On Apr 18, 2017
twinskenny:

for renewa of 3years is 6500 for 5 years is 10k. thats the official price bro..

go to the site and confirm

Thanks
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by twinskenny(m): 7:49am On Apr 18, 2017
nepapole:

Waow!! I am renewing too( 3yrs as well). Did u have to go to their office at all or u finished everything online?

finished everything online.. took me like 15minutes. have your atm and token ready
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by cbrass(m): 7:50am On Apr 18, 2017

1 Like

Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by twinskenny(m): 7:50am On Apr 18, 2017

1 Like

Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by twinskenny(m): 7:51am On Apr 18, 2017
zealed64:
how did you do yours whats the website??pls share your experience..

nothing serious bro.. just go to the website.. your previous drivers licence number will be asked. just input d data required you are good

Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by nepapole(m): 7:51am On Apr 18, 2017
twinskenny:

finished everything online.. took me like 15minutes. have your atm and token ready
Ok...tnx. Appreciate.
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by twinskenny(m): 7:52am On Apr 18, 2017
igwedaboss:

Where did you process yours?

Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by nepapole(m): 7:52am On Apr 18, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

No it's not. On the online form, the default setting for DL renewal is: do not capture. So if you want to get a new picture taken, be sure to change it. If you captured before, the details will still be in the system. They would use the old picture, but it would save you the stress of queuing up.
Ohh cool.. Tanx alot.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by memozium(m): 7:57am On Apr 18, 2017
What is d website?
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by illyg: 8:02am On Apr 18, 2017
[quote author=zealed64 post=55666682]how did you do yours whats the website??pls share your experience..

www.nigeriadriverslicence.org
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by jummiedel(f): 8:05am On Apr 18, 2017
twinskenny:

nothing serious bro.. just go to the website.. your previous drivers licence number will be asked. just input d data required you are good

what if I misplaced my drivers licence and I can't remember the i.d?
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by greggng: 8:12am On Apr 18, 2017
nepapole:

You can choose not to capture then they will use ur former image to printout ur temporary
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by pat1612(m): 8:13am On Apr 18, 2017
nepapole:
Good morning my people. Has anyone applied for the driver's license online and how much does/did it cost? Also how smooth was the process?

As said by one of my friend he did it for first time and he was able to do it perfectly i think he paid 6500 or so thru gt bank and took receipt and printout of application to office and gave small there and it was done. shocked
Even he was boosting that now he can do it for anybody grin
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 18, 2017
I just did mine this morning but not online..I was ask to wait for 2months and I did it for #15,000 for 3years
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by igwedaboss(m): 8:19am On Apr 18, 2017
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by FrankGiel: 8:19am On Apr 18, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

I did. Very convenient and swift process. I applied for five years - 10,450. I applied in traffic sef on my way to work, got it printed, and went to the revenue office during break to get it signed. I chose not to capture, so I was done in less than an hour. Waiting for pick up.
Was this for a renewal or a fresh DL
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 18, 2017
nepapole:
Good morning my people. Has anyone applied for the driver's license online and how much does/did it cost? Also how smooth was the process?
An applicant cannot do it alone.It will keep stating"visit any FRSC office for processing"
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 18, 2017
FrankGiel:

That should be a renewal.
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 18, 2017
FrankGiel:

Renewal.
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by elmerperry: 8:27am On Apr 18, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]nope
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 18, 2017
twinskenny:

I just applied for mine 2 weeks ago.. process was flawless.. I paid 6500 for the 3years renewal. Waiting for pick up
If you visit vio and other agencies for screening it is more than that amount.Except yours is fake.
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 18, 2017
LastMumu:

If you are renewing your license it is 15k, if you are processing it for the first time, it is 25k.
Fresh applicant is ₦15.Renewal is ₦12k
Re: Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 18, 2017
nepapole:

I did renewal and didn't capture.There is an option when you are applying for renewal online.It is either you chose to capture or not.One of the frsc official did it for me with extra cost.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 / Advice : Honda Or Lexus / Help!! Toyota Highlander Or ML 350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.