Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,976 members, 7,803,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Zimbabwe Okays Payment Of School Fees With Goats - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwe Okays Payment Of School Fees With Goats (20998 Views)

Wild Goats Take Over Welsh Town Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (Pictures) / Cyclone Hits Mozambique And Zimbabwe, 100 People Dead, 200 Missing / Mugabe Appoints Minister For “whatsapp And Facebook” In Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabwe Okays Payment Of School Fees With Goats by Sunnyja: 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
sapientia:
may sound silly ad not achievable.. But its a grassroot policy...
Governance is ensuring that everyone has equal opportunity regardless of class.
I foresee a situation where students will be told that your goat is not big enough, go and bring another one.
Re: Zimbabwe Okays Payment Of School Fees With Goats by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2017
Rosskii:
Mugabe's policies succeeded in redistributing the resources of the country away from a tiny white minority. The economic hardship started due to western sanctions against Zimbabwe. Don't blame Mugabe for doing right by his people. Blame the foreign thieves who want Zimbabwe to be their private property.
And did these "foreign thieves" also tell him to remain in power perpetually even when he knows he has lost the magic wand to get ZIM out of its economic debacles? Moreover,to whom were those lands redistributed to? And lastly,is ZIM the only country on mother Earth that is under economic sanctions? Before you answer the last question,keep in mind Iran,Russia and some others have at one time or the other faced economic sanctions from the obnoxious West too.
Re: Zimbabwe Okays Payment Of School Fees With Goats by Rosskii: 4:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
mansakhalifa:
And did these "foreign thieves" also tell him to remain in power perpetually even when he knows he has lost the magic wand to get ZIM out of its economic debacles?
Who are you to tell him he has lost any magic wand or that he should leave? That's up to the Zimbabwean people, not you.

Moreover,to whom were those lands redistributed to?
To millions of Zimbabweans under the Land Reform Programme. Previously, black Zimbabwean farmers had to rent tiny parcels of often barren land from white 'landowners' whose ancestors had seized 90% of prime Zimbabwean land. Mugabe put a stop to that. He seized the land from the whites, and distributed ownership of it to millions of blacks. That is why the west hates him, and demonises him as a dictator. It is also why the Zimbabwean rural majority love him, and keep electing him to office.

And lastly,is ZIM the only country on mother Earth that is under economic sanctions? Before you answer the last question,keep in mind Iran, Russia and some others have at one time or the other faced economic sanctions from the obnoxious West too.
Yawwn...... Zimbabwe is not Iran or Russia, which are two of the largest oil producers on earth. It's resources are a lot more...modest.
Re: Zimbabwe Okays Payment Of School Fees With Goats by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
I am not the one who said the old man has lost the magic wand,no I never did sir. It is glaring for all to see. The protests and all are pointers. Unless you want to tell me those are "hired protesters" which I clearly doubt. FYI he has not given the Zimbabweans the chance to say they want him or not the democratically acceptable way. As for the issue of land distribution,a Zimbabwean once confirmed to me that friends,cronies and ZANU-PF benefitted immensely from the project. As for the issue of sanctions I forgot to add one more country-Cuba. Why hasn't any one been asked to bring forth a goat to pay for a child's sch fees or as collateral. Doesn't it show RM has lost it totally,sanctions or no sanctions? Plus for the almost 10 yrs or so of Iran's sanctions they practically found 0 market for their crude.
Re: Zimbabwe Okays Payment Of School Fees With Goats by Rosskii: 4:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
mansakhalifa:
I am not the one who said the old man has lost the magic wand,no I never did sir. It is glaring for all to see. The protests and all are pointers. Unless you want to tell me those are "hired protesters" which I clearly doubt
Most protesters are city based elites who were deprived of their imported cornflakes and Italian shoes, as a result of sanctions. Mugabe gets his support from the rural majority for whom things like land reform mean something.
. FYI he has not given the Zimbabweans the chance to say they want him or not the democratically acceptable way.
Stop watching BBC news.
As for the issue of land distribution,a Zimbabwean once confirmed to me that friends,cronies and ZANU-PF benefitted immensely from the project.
Many black elites received prime land. The govt couldn't share it all to the poor, as they would have sold it back to the whites. They had to safeguard the program by ensuring that the land was retained by the blacks.
As for the issue of sanctions I forgot to add one more country-Cuba. Why hasn't any one been asked to bring forth a goat to pay for a child's sch fees or as collateral. Doesn't it show RM has lost it totally,sanctions or no sanctions? Plus for the almost 10 yrs or so of Iran's sanctions they practically found 0 market for their crude.
Not sure what goes on in Cuba, but it's not a very nice place to be at all, or you wouldn't have millions of Cubans living in Florida. Iran has always sold its crude on the black market. Stop fooling yourself.
Re: Zimbabwe Okays Payment Of School Fees With Goats by DONFASZY(m): 11:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
Dis country is so broke den
I get hop for Nig den

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biden To Netanyahu: ‘we Won’t Be Able To Support You’ If You Don’t Change Course / US Army Soldier Indicted And Accused Of Selling Sensitive Military Information. / Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.