Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,539 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:33 PM

Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way (23199 Views)

Arocs Truck Is Now Available In Nigeria (PHOTOS) / See How A Volvo Truck Is Controlled From Outside With An External Steering / Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by Arewa12: 8:19am On Apr 20, 2017
Nice
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by abdeiz(m): 8:22am On Apr 20, 2017
Clone2020:
How Tesla became the most valuable American automaker is mind boggling at best. A car company that sold 76,000 cars last year is now worth more than GM which sold more than 10 million cars last year alone. Its stock is nothing more than a cult stock and many investors will soon have their hands burnt.

Yeah, many claimed Tesla's stock is overvalued, but the Truth is that with his future plans it actually isn't, his gigafactories, the upcoming models etc are going to make the price worth it. I'm not an expert in stock but I do know that Tesla is on an upward trend and are showing no signs of slowing down.
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by nurey(m): 8:23am On Apr 20, 2017
Aburi001:
Ordinary Wind-Screen you no fit produce.......Bad belle tongue

Windscreen a form of glass is produced from heating sand to about 3000c. Just provide me with the necessary tools and addictive and tell me your specifications and see if I don't mould windscreen for you

1 Like

Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by abdeiz(m): 8:23am On Apr 20, 2017
salford:
and why would any one pick an f150 or Ram 1500 or chevy over this?
what is the horsepower that can be delivered. Can this truck pull an RV?
How well can it last on a gravel road?
So many questions...
it looks more like a luxury vehicle.

Dude cmon, like seriously?? so you prefer gas guzzling earth killing machines to something greener and more efficient. How do you know that it can't go off road or can't haul 10tons of load??
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by nurey(m): 8:25am On Apr 20, 2017
texazzpete:

Please visit your optician. You need new glasses if you think the Model S and Model X are 'ugly'

Is English your problem? let me give my comment to you in your local dialect. I said model p and you are here talking about model XYZ are we in algebra class? grin
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by nurey(m): 8:27am On Apr 20, 2017
Hades2016:
brother why are you fighting yourself now undecided

Since you believe I don't have sense, I wonder why you even bothered to quote me, seems your "senselessness" is ahead of mine grin
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by abdeiz(m): 8:27am On Apr 20, 2017
nurey:
Ugly is an understatement
infact tesla P is synonym of UGLY
Find the word with the same meaning (synonym) as the word in bold.
1. The boy said the girl is very UGLY ............................. (a) fine (b)Attractive (c)Tesla P (d) beautiful
answer is C

Bruuuuuhhhh
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by LastProphet: 8:34am On Apr 20, 2017
achieving thosr curves isnt a small feat. its a beautiful modern design, they just need to give it enough power and this will be a global hit just luke anything with elon musk
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by Hades2016(m): 8:46am On Apr 20, 2017
nurey:

Since you believe I don't have sense, I wonder why you even bothered to quote me, seems your "senselessness" is ahead of mine grin
you are still fighting yourself grin ... when will the fight end grin

Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by nurey(m): 8:53am On Apr 20, 2017
Hades2016:
you are still fighting yourself grin ... when will the fight end grin

Come and separate I and myself I am at home grin

1 Like

Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by texazzpete(m): 9:00am On Apr 20, 2017
nurey:

Is English your problem? let me give my comment to you in your local dialect. I said model p and you are here talking about model XYZ are we in algebra class? grin

Joke's on you. That picture in the OP is a concept render produced by a forum member and NOT any render of the proposed Pickup (Model P naming convention is just conjecture).

Tesla's track record is stellar when it comes to design of their existing vehicles (Roadster, Model S, Model X, upcoming Model 3).

You may need to brush up on your own comprehension skills cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by Qualer: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2017
nurey:

i was talking from the design point of view, looks like an attempt to copy the 2006 mitsubishi L200, yes the electric is a plus, but then reliability is the main game of every truck bought. trucker users primary objective is reliability secondary is luxury and co, reason why the hilux and tacoma are king in their class offcourse not to forget the ford F series too which isnt the most luxurious truck in its class

they actually just chopped off the back end of the regular sedan and added a truck bed to it. undecided no inspiration!
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by Qualer: 9:11am On Apr 20, 2017
Clone2020:
How Tesla became the most valuable American automaker is mind boggling at best. A car company that sold 76,000 cars last year is now worth more than GM which sold more than 10 million cars last year alone. Its stock is nothing more than a cult stock and many investors will soon have their hands burnt.

Don't fret! it is all about brand equity, a lot of big businesses don't understand that yet! your business equity is quite separate from your brand equity - combined together, you have the full value of your business/venture.
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by nurey(m): 9:15am On Apr 20, 2017
texazzpete:

Joke's on you. That picture in the OP is a concept render produced by a forum member and NOT any render of the proposed Pickup (Model P naming convention is just conjecture).

Tesla's track record is stellar when it comes to design of their existing vehicles (Roadster, Model S, Model X, upcoming Model 3).

Sometimes when you show your ITK prowess you tend to get people confused SMH4U

Goodday to you.
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by mjksho(m): 9:38am On Apr 20, 2017
texazzpete:

No. The joke is on you. You veered off course by mentioning Model S when the subject was model P and now you are talking about all the other lineups.

Personally, I don't think the design is bad. But it just doesn't fit the mean image of the likes of F-150 and Tundra that we already have in our heads.
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by DICKtator: 10:10am On Apr 20, 2017
Clone2020:

How would that be possible when Elon's,or rather the company's tenet is based on producing futuristic eco-friendly vehicles? Or you don't know the future is Tesla or you just feigning ignorance?
Hmmmm,...... I'm very sure you're a great great great grandson of Edison which is understandable though.....

@topic: while the exterior looks ugly, I bet the interior is going to be outstanding!!.
Of all the trucks I've seen, I'm still a huge fan of the Honda Trendline, Cadillac and Chevy Avalanche
Tesla vehicles still got me turning heads though

grin grin grin grin
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by Tedassie(m): 10:35am On Apr 20, 2017
autojosh:
Elon Musk is pretty keen on adding a pickup truck to the Tesla line-up. Hence, Tesla plans to reveal an electric pickup truck within the next 2 years.

The truck name is assumed to be Model P and this picture is a rendered image.

Elon Musk said..

“I am quite keen on building a truck and I think there’s a lot one can do with truck technology.”

“One of the things that I think should be present in trucks is something like an air suspension that dynamically adjusts the load and sorta keeps the angle of the truck correct and the ride height even and adjust the dampening in real-time.”

“I think it’s possible to produce a really well handling truck that feels good at any load point. That would be really great.”

The Tesla Pickup Truck is definitely going to be a hit.. What do you think?

https://autojosh.com/tesla-pickup-truck/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
@bolded...now that's genius
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by Hades2016(m): 11:05am On Apr 20, 2017
nurey:

Come and separate I and myself I am at home grin
am not a priest or a pastor cuz they are the only people you can call in this kinda situation grin cheesy

Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by texazzpete(m): 12:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
mjksho:

No. The joke is on you. You veered off course by mentioning Model S when the subject was model P and now you are talking about all the other lineups.

Personally, I don't think the design is bad. But it just doesn't fit the mean image of the likes of F-150 and Tundra that we already have in our heads.

Since no Model P exists and no official design has been made public, what else would one use to judge Tesla's design prowess?

That said, I admit my initial post was partly out of misunderstanding what he wrote at first. But we both take an L in this cheesy
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by mili3kid(m): 12:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
KINGwax007:

Oga, for a truck, it's super ugly
For me its beautiful. I love the technology behind it then the looks...
If the ride is rugged as earlier discussed then i dnt care much abt d looks as long as the electric motors serve me right, i get very good fuel economy and a strong capable car...
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by amanikondo: 8:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
Clone2020:

people have been saying this for 7 years and they keep eating their word.

I am Tesla owner and Investor.
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way by amanikondo: 8:25pm On Apr 20, 2017
texazzpete:

Since no Model P exists and no official design has been made public, what else would one use to judge Tesla's design prowess?

That said, I admit my initial post was partly out of misunderstanding what he wrote at first. But we both take an L in this cheesy

The model P has no design right now and it will be based on Model X chassis. But the priority is haulage Truck they plan to introduce this year as there are lots of money in it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Driver Smashes Car Into A Residential Building In Delta State (Photo) / My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel / Car Models From The Same And Different Brands That Share The Same Platforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.