Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

“I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money (35229 Views)

Pastors Who Collect Offerings Are Thieves!' - Reinhard Bonnke / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed / Interpretation Of Dreams About Blood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by AdoraAmadi: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2017
Famed Nigerian cleric T.B. Joshua has made yet another controversial statement, admitting that he is afraid to collect money from congregants in the form of offerings.

“People like me are scared when it comes to collecting thanksgiving because I don't know where you are coming from with your money,” Joshua candidly stated in a sermon on Sunday 9th April 2017, subsequently released on his popular YouTube channel Emmanuel TV.

“Many can come with blood-money,” he acknowledged. “They will just enter church and when it is time for offering, they will raise their offering whereas it's blood-money. What can a man of God use that kind of blood-money for? Are they going to bless the man?”

According to Joshua, this issue has been the bane of many ministries. “What we
receive from our members as offering and thanksgiving is killing us,” he warned fellow pastors.

The cleric went further to proffer a way out, suggesting that ministers of God are also to blame for the way they praise and give attention to those who drop the largest offerings.

“Wicked people like the pastor to ask. If the pastor does not ask, praise and recognise them, they cannot give. They like praise and recognition,” he explained.

“If you want to avoid these people and stop them from putting money - don't praise them. Let them know it's God they give to, not you.”

Revealing another clue, Joshua called on pastors to stop receiving offerings ‘directly’ from congregants.

“If you don't receive something directly from a killer, he will not give you - because he wants to be recognised. They like praise; that is their reward because they have no reward from God.”

Joshua stressed that offerings in the church are between the worshipper and God. “What comes from God goes to God. If what you have is from God, it will go to God - you don't need to have any recognition from the pastor. Whatever you want to give God, you give it,” he surmised.

The pastor then impressed on people the need to consider the force behind any action, not merely the action itself.

"The force behind your action determines where the action comes from... It's not what you see but the force behind what you see that matters,” he stated.

This is not the first time T.B. Joshua’s statements about tithes and offerings have come to the fore. Last year, news surfaced of an elderly woman whom Joshua returned a tithe of N500,000 to, adding that God would not approve of him collecting a tithe from such an elderly person in need of his support.

Here's the video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0j4EUhd1EM

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/tb-joshua-bombshell-im-scared-to.html

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by leksmedia: 5:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
When you are blessed you are blessed , I can't even remember the last time someone dash me money talkless of me thinking if it was blood money or not. Anyways for your website design, blog design, ecommerce websites please visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by soberdrunk(m): 5:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
So "blood money" truly exists? Sounds like the pastor wants to start blowing whistle ooooo....... angry

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by MissYuzedo(f): 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2017
Wow

WHO IS INTERESTED IN WINNING FROM BET9JA TONIGHT. A FIXED CORRECT SCORE GAME AVAILABLE FOR PAY AFTER WIN

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2017
Odiegwu! I am trying very hard to believe you Sir

3 Likes

Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
Like seriously?...You've been collecting blood money from inception if you don't know.

Some girls use the money they get after bleeping bfs as offering. grin

Some armed robbers use the proceeds from robbery as offering.

Some politicians give offerings and first fruits from stolen funds.

Na be today e start...even olosho dey give offering on Sundays from night work. grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by tuscani: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
Na sooo
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by IMASTEX: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
Meanwhile, others think collecting and then cleasing it is better. Too many God of men everywhere.

1 Like

Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by Atiku2019: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by Icecomrade: 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
Lol
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by ghide007(m): 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ok
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by ishiamu(m): 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
kimbra:
Like seriously?.
j

Am shocked as well
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by iammrjaai(m): 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
....remind me..how did this made FP
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by leo1234(m): 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
Truly, this man is a genuine man of God.
How many pastors can give this kind of sermon in their churches. grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
Prophet the prophet...

5 Likes

Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by mikeycharles(m): 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
Is T.B Joshua trying to throw shade at those that collect lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by ayatt(m): 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
all the ones wey you don collect nko??

1 Like

Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by veekid(m): 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
Shey na today?
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by avadella(f): 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
Its ok grin
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by legendarystar: 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
haaaa jesuuu kingsolex come see oo.
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by eddyvilla: 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
K
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by smartty68(m): 6:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
Lol wahala dey
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by DAVE41(m): 6:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by tonio2wo: 6:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
U go fear fearing nah! cheesy
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
soberdrunk:
So "blood money" truly exists?

There is more to life than what you see...

4 Likes

Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by Iamwrath: 6:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
lOL

After building several mansions and catedrals
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by swagdopey: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
This man wants to blow whistle... Forget about blood money
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
yeah right! keep telling your gullible congregation and followers that I am they will believe that shiit! grin
Re: “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money by almsofgold: 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
this man is a hypocrite. doesn't he make a show of his philanthropy? why doesn't he make it discreet? smh

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pope Francis Bows For Queen Rania Of Jordan / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed / 'The Pulpit' By Ngozi Edemba 'Female Oracle Of God' Launched (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.