Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke (20530 Views)

Joy Nunieh: I Resisted Akpabio’s Oath Of Secrecy To Commit Fraud At NDDC / Eze Chukwuemeka To Tinubu: “Any Further Attacks On Amaechi Will Be Resisted” / Trump's Govt Lawyers Charge Buhari & Buratai To The ICC In The Hague. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by DickDastardly(m): 7:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
A former Attorney-General of the Federation, Bello Adoke, has explained how he allegedly came under pressure from unnamed persons to charge then candidate Muhammadu Buhari for forgery in the run up to the 2015 presidential election.
He also said that he pushed back against demands for former President Goodluck Jonathan to constitute an interim national government in the run up to the 2015 elections.
But the former attorney general said he promptly “dismissed the suggestion” in deference to the constitution and after weighing the consequences of such move at the time.
“It is true that some people came to me and said Buhari should be disqualified because of certificate forgery,” Mr. Adoke told The Cable in a recent interview. “As a man with fidelity to the Constitution, I dismissed the suggestion quickly.”
President Buhari’s certificate was a topic of nationwide controversy in the run up to the 2015 elections, with the then ruling Peoples Democratic Party suggesting that he didn’t have a valid school certificate to contest in the poll.
Although Government College, formerly Provincial Secondary School, Katsina, which the president graduated from in 1961, confirmed that he undertook the University of Cambridge West African School Certificate Examination, his political adversaries still hold that he didn’t finish from school.
The Nigerian Army, in which Mr. Buhari retired as a major-general, also published his school records, but said it couldn’t vouch for their authenticity.
The Army was accused of politicising the situation at the time.

In his interview, Mr. Adoke said he was amongst officials of the Jonathan administration that declined to pay politics with the country’s legal system and internal security.
“In fact, there were cases in court which I felt were not necessary.
“They were already becoming a security threat.
“As a responsible attorney-general, I believed we did not need further crisis in the country.
“Boko Haram was enough problem for us. I resisted pressures to compound the security challenges in the country by filing or authorising such cases to be filed on behalf of the government.
“I was not doing President Muhammadu Buhari any favour, I must say that. I was being faithful to the laws of the land. That was the duty expected of me. If you call that sympathy, so be it. But I didn’t do him a favour,” Mr. Adoke said.
He said he didn’t yield to pressure not because he didn’t have the power to file charges against Mr. Buhari, but because he could not see a tenable case of forgery against the president at the time.
“There was pressure to issue a fiat to charge him to court for forgery. But I made my position very clear that I could not see any forgery at all.
“The law did not require you to submit any certificate to INEC and Buhari did not submit any certificate.
“The law only said you must have a minimum qualification of so so and so.
“Therefore, where was the forgery? If he didn’t submit a certificate, where was forgery? There is no police report, no investigation. No responsible attorney-general will issue any such fiat based on the record before me.
“But I could have been reckless if I wanted to be reckless. I could have been irresponsible if I wanted to be irresponsible. I could have issued the fiat,” Mr. Adoke said.
But the former AGF said he recognised what could have been the consequences.
“There could have been mayhem. There could have been destruction. That could have led to the postponement of the elections.
“I know what attorneys-general have done in the past, not minding the consequences for the polity. I know what they are capable of doing. But I am a constitutional purist.
“When they mooted the idea of an interim government, I was the one that came out to say the concept of interim government is unknown to law.
“People told President Jonathan that I was disloyal, that I was working for Buhari,” he stated.

Mr. Jonathan eventually lost the presidential election to Mr. Buhari and promptly conceded defeat earning him local and international accolades.
No other official of the Jonathan administration has confirmed Mr. Adoke’s claims. The ex-attorney general also spoke in reaction to recent corruption charges filed against him by the anti-graft EFCC especially for his role in transferring over $801 million from a Nigerian government account into private accounts of an ex-convict, Dan Etete, in the famous Malabu scandal.
Mr. Adoke has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing, but has not made himself available for prosecution.

Source:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/229031-i-resisted-pressure-charge-buhari-certificate-forgery-nigerias-ex-attorney-general-adoke-says.html

1 Like

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by LionDeLeo: 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
Adoke, some lost people settling in some erosion-ravaged communities are coming for you.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Ozid(m): 7:51pm On Apr 18, 2017
I just hope those people shouting Buhari didn't have WAEC certificate read this

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by docadams: 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
Hmmmmmmm

Actually, it was so much ado about nothing while it lasted. Hopefully, the 'no certificate' crowd can now take a chill pill and face more challenging issues.

18 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by LionDeLeo: 8:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ozid:

They will read it but end up with any of these:

1. Act their names (wailers).

2. Close it and pretend not to have seen it and log off.

3. Close it and search for a thread where Bubu is being insulted, play active role, quoting and happily rolling with any poster with the worst insult.

It must be one of these.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by drss2(m): 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
buari dullard has no certificate!

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by profhezekiah: 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
Sentiment apart, buhari finished frm school and certificate was awarded to him because he wouldnt have been admitted into the Nigerian Army with such certificate, although I av alot against buhari,that will never stop me from admitting d truth.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ourema(f): 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
These are the people who sold us the incompetent fellow as a president. They know that the man never had a certificate but forced him on Nigeria with the help of Tinubu etc. Now they are coming out gradually to accept the fact that the president never had a certificate.
Karma is indeed the greatest teacher

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Ozid(m): 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

3. Close it and search for a thread where Bubu is being insulted, play active role, quoting and happily rolling with any poster with the worst insult.

It must be one of these.
You said it all bro, they don't seize to surprise me.

16 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by TheFreeOne: 8:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
This man is sounding so desperate for a soft landing.

51 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by system21: 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2017
This is one of the reasons Jonathan failed. He surrounded himself with people who have the philosophy and mindset that only the North matters in Nigeria even when they did not vote for him.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Cekpo34(m): 8:50pm On Apr 18, 2017
Adoke clap for yourself grin

11 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ZombieTERROR: 8:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

It must be one of these.
Ozid:
You said it all bro, they don't seize to surprise me.
All these Islamists of daura
I wonder where you all are escaping from.. Look at the dumb comments they are dropping for the defence of the chief terrorist of daura grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ndcide(m): 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

It must be one of these.

You, the person you quoted and Adoke should go and read the amended electoral act.

Only buhari didn't comply by not submitting his credentials. Anyone with half a brain, can see through these narrative of the foolish Adoke.

He saw justice that needed to be done and he did the opposite. Buhari has NOT in any occasion dispelled the insinuation that he does not have the basic academic qualification.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ZombieTERROR: 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
system21:
This is one of the reasons Jonathan failed. He surrounded himself with people who have the philosophy and mindset that only the North matters in Nigeria even when they did not vote for him.
Someone else from south will still make the same mistake... These Islamists defending the certificateless terrorist online might be Southerners

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by psucc(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ozid:
He has not stated anywhere in the article that Buhari has one but he only did that because he did not want more crises in the country.

Pls tell Buhari to present even a photocopy of it and not hire SANs and gift Judge.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Ozid(m): 9:04pm On Apr 18, 2017
ZombieTERROR:

I wonder where you all are escaping from.. Look at the dumb comments they are dropping for the defence of the chief terrorist of daura grin
As usual I don't expect you to type anything reasonable. Just carry your wahala commot from here.

9 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by naijaking1: 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
Cekpo34:
Adoke clap for yourself grin

He's one of those who bent the rules for Buhari just a little bit for their so called northern interest. Same with Dasuki who revealed that he actually sabotaged GEJ on behalf of Buhari.

27 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Ozid(m): 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
psucc:
He has not stated anywhere in the article that Buhari has one but he only did that because he did not want more crises in the country.

Pls tell Buhari to present even a photocopy of it and not hire SANs and gift Judge.
Maybe you didn't read this *He said he didn’t yield to pressure not because he didn’t have the power to file charges against Mr. Buhari, but because he could not see a tenable case of forgery against the president at the time.*

As for Buhari certificate you're free to go to Government College, formerly Provincial Secondary School, Katsina to ask for his certificate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by TheFreeOne: 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
ndcide:

You, the person you quoted and Adoke should go and read the amended electoral act.

Only buhari didn't comply by not submitting his credentials. Anyone with half a brain, can see through these narrative of the foolish Adoke.

He saw justice that needed to be done and he did the opposite. Buhari has NOT in any occasion dispelled the insinuation that he does not have the basic academic qualification.

Adoke is just fooling himself romancing 'the broom' like those born again saints joining APC in order for their alleged crimes to be forgiven.

This same shameless dude claimed he foiled Tinubu further trial after CCT ruling.

Is that a man to be taken serious?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ZombieTERROR: 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ozid:
As usual I don't expect you to type anything reasonable. Just carry your wahala commot from here.
What do we call A terrorist who would rather go to court with sans than to provide his certificate
The person defending such a man is a ....... grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2017
First,it was tinubu.Now buhari.
I hope this man is not lobbying so that his crime will be dropped?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
Am I the only who has not seen where Adoke confirmed that he saw Buhari certificate

All I read here is an attorney general reminding how he used his position to not be a stumbling block to the now president and probably seeking a soft landing on his own issues!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by LionDeLeo: 3:13am On Apr 19, 2017
ndcide:

A former Attorney-General of the Federation, Bello Adoke, has explained how he allegedly came under pressure from unnamed persons to charge then candidate Muhammadu Buhari for forgery in the run up to the 2015 presidential election.

“The law did not require you to submit any certificate to INEC and Buhari did not submit any certificate.
“The law only said you must have a minimum qualification of so so and so.
“Therefore, where was the forgery? If he didn’t submit a certificate, where was forgery? There is no police report, no investigation. No responsible attorney-general will issue any such fiat based on the record before me.
“But I could have been reckless if I wanted to be

Pocket lawyer, can you prove the attorney-general wrong on the above?

Can you tell me which of the required documents he didn't submit? Pls, can you tell me the essence of affidavit?

Is 2015 the first time Bubu was contesting? So, you mean he had been complying all these while and decided to violate the rule when it was clear even to the blind who the election will favour?

Your PDP members who knew about his missing cert attempted to hold him back on that, but it wasn't playing out.

Can you also tell me where he SAW the justice and did the opposite? Or you mean dancing to the biddings of the ruling party is your own understanding of justice? I doubt if you know what you just wrote. Few judges have the courage to stand against the powers that be in favour of justice.

And Buhari has not in any occasion dispelled the insinuation allegation that he does not have basic academic qualification? Are you for real? Where did you crawl out from?

7 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by successmatters(m): 3:20am On Apr 19, 2017
After all this long turenchi, they still cannot provide bubu certificate. Sad.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by LionDeLeo: 3:26am On Apr 19, 2017
As I have stated, the confused creatures have arrived acting their names with their usual programmed song "Buhari show us your certificate".

They are even accusing Adoke of injustice against the then ruling party. I have never heard of injustice by a judge against the powers that be except from wailers, very amusing. In their understanding, refusal to succumb to pressure is same as injustice, hahaha.

To them, he is senseless, same man they started licking his anus when he raised a false alarm of EFCC's plan to plant some cash in his house to rope him.

https://www.thecable.ng/adoke-im-aware-efccs-plan-raid-kogi-residence

These headless nonentities seem to have penchant for anything related to falsehood.

Continue with your songs, the only things that can take Bubu out of Aso Rock are there in the constitution, not some foolish cacophony of sounds from some demented illiterates.

I wonder why they are not questioning the silence of Bubu's strong and educated critics over his academic credentials, but always pop up to display their incurable ignorance.

1 Like

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by LionDeLeo: 3:37am On Apr 19, 2017
ZombieTERROR:

ZombieTERROR:

What do we call A terrorist who would rather go to court with sans than to provide his certificate
The person defending such a man is a ....... grin

According to an illiterate, if you have a case in court, get a carpenter or a tailor to defend you. I doubt if anything can be more d***. These are the types that dominate nl in recent times.

1 Like

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by tit(f): 3:37am On Apr 19, 2017
Now ask yoursef why zoogeria is in this sorry state?

5 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Adminisher: 3:57am On Apr 19, 2017
ourema:
These are the people who sold us the incompetent fellow as a president. They know that the man never had a certificate but forced him on Nigeria with the help of Tinubu etc. Now they are coming out gradually to accept the fact that the president never had a certificate.
Karma is indeed the greatest teacher

Only a dunce ignores higher certificates and concentrates on the lower ones. Especially when we know many scientists who did not have certificates of first school leaving but masters, PhD and Nobel Prize. And Nigerian certificates abroad, you put it aside and take GMAT and SAT first.

1 Like

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by criminalmindz: 4:43am On Apr 19, 2017
See talk. Who doesn't know an afonja is a big coward. Keep quiet old fool. U were working for buhari. U have no guts. Just take your loot and go to ur fathers brown roof and enjoy it. What a very useless country, its better for cow, goat and sheep tO be our attorney general of the federation.at least they are using there horn to reason not people who have grey matter in d brain yet reason with their anus. Nonsense rubbish. I hate this country!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ourema(f): 7:01am On Apr 19, 2017
Adminisher:

Only a dunce ignores higher certificates and concentrates on the lower ones. Especially when we know many scientists who did not have certificates of first school leaving but masters, PhD and Nobel Prize. And Nigerian certificates abroad, you put it aside and take GMAT and SAT first.
Sincerely would you have said this on previous president? Not having the much needed qualifications lead to disregarding of what the Constitution required

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

June 12: You’ve declared 1993 election result, Falana tells Buhari / Apc’s Direct Primary Ploy By Buhari To Rig 2019 Elections, PDP Alleges / John Enenche: Soldiers Didn’t Kill Four Persons, Dump Bodies Inside Pond In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.