Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Lagos Pastor Arrested Over $500 Theft - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Pastor Arrested Over $500 Theft (332 Views)

Lagos Pastor Runs With Member's Car After Asking Him To Bring It For Prayer / Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  / Pregnant Woman Raped By Lagos Pastor⁠ Delivers Twins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Pastor Arrested Over $500 Theft by ThisTrend(f): 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
Premium Times reports that 50-year-old Edwin who is also a bureau de change operator was arrested beside Airport Hotel, Ikeja, alongside another member three days after stealing $500 from $5,000 bills presented to them by one Adebayo Lookman for conversion into naira.

Thistrend gathered that Lookman assisted his mother in the exchange of $5,000 to naira by driving to Airport Hotel where he met Mr. Edwin. Edwin had promised to change the money for him at the rate of N387 to a dollar.

He thereafter invited another member of his gang, Daniel Ebhohimen, who together while confirming the dollars removed $500 before handing over $4500 back to unsuspecting Lookman in his car.

According to Mr. Lookman: “They were mid-way into the counting when another member of the gang distracted me from the driver side of my car. Thereafter, they handed back the money to me that it was complete and we headed to one of the banks
."

We entered the bank. All along they prevented me from counting the money.

At the bank, they told me the rate they gave me was no longer possible and that they were backing out, but I offered for a renegotiation.

"I told them to excuse me and I went into the gent to confirm the money. I counted it and $500 was missing. Before I could come out they had run away. The door attendant told me he saw them rushing out of the bank. I went to where I met them but I couldn’t see them. It was the third day that I saw Edwin and I invited the police.”

Edwin acknowledged the crime, adding that he was given N10,000 from the deal. He thereafter assured the police that his gang was ready for amicable settlement by paying back the missing $500. The two suspects have been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigations.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/04/lagos-pastor-arrested-over-500-theft.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested Over $500 Theft by josephine123: 7:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
hmmm... so sad
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested Over $500 Theft by ThisTrend(f): 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
Mynd44, Seun, lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Naija: Hustling Based On Logistics / Breaking:adeyanju Arrested Over Peaceful Protest To Free PDP Blogger,austin Okai / 25 Injured As Muslims, Masqueraders Clash In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.