Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

"Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says (39280 Views)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Repatriation Flight From UAE / Lagos Female Uber Driver Returns Laptop & Bag To Owner (Photos) / Aero Flight From Port Harcourt To Lagos Filled With Smoke Mid-air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
Dee60:

Nigeria, land of the absurd!

We have sinned in this nation and our sins are haunting us.
Can you imagine?

You and who are we ?
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by mrkels(m): 11:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
drdanny:
I feel for the passengers but then, people need to watch more of Air Crash Investigation on NatGeo to be able to have more insight
This was probably caused by a right engine fire which was extinguished. Unfortunately, the right engine actually controls the air conditioning system. Thus, the smoke would have found its way into the cabin inadvertently.
The pilot however should have declared an emergency and landed immediately. Flying on except he wasn't close to any airport was not nice at all... It would be nearly impossible to remain calm in that circumstance

Baba land where na ?

On top of your roof
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by Jbond(m): 11:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
Reminds me of the movie 'Flight' by Denzel Washington, where he turned the plane upside down in the air to avoid crashing

1 Like

Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by DrinkWater10: 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
Doctorfitz:
Smoke or u high? All these cooked twitter stories...
please I need your advice on an important issue, kindly follow me back so that I can send you a pm.
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by yoged(m): 11:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
Nigeria Airplane is a flying coffin.
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by DgreatKALU(m): 11:43pm On Apr 18, 2017
continue chanting prayers o! the prayer enchanter!
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by SalamRushdie: 11:48pm On Apr 18, 2017
drdanny:
I feel for the passengers but then, people need to watch more of Air Crash Investigation on NatGeo to be able to have more insight
This was probably caused by a right engine fire which was extinguished. Unfortunately, the right engine actually controls the air conditioning system. Thus, the smoke would have found its way into the cabin inadvertently.
The pilot however should have declared an emergency and landed immediately. Flying on except he wasn't close to any airport was not nice at all... It would be nearly impossible to remain calm in that circumstance

Exactly in Earlier to mid models of the Boeing 737 the right engine controls the vents and airconditioning but in from the 737 _600s upwards both engines do ...I suspect a shrapnel friction fire that was extinguished and for the the flight to proceed to complete the journey instead of returning to PH which was closer shows the pilot even restarted that engine and reduced it's intake to mid while being in full control of the aircraft as was shown even in his voice ...Not as bad as it looks I tell u

2 Likes

Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by fineboynl(m): 11:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
Africa and most especially Nigerians are very loud. oyibo people in panic don't shout like this. is it the shouting that will save them.

this is how most of the crashes in Nigeria is going to look like before hitting the ground.

1 Like

Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by ontruth(m): 11:53pm On Apr 18, 2017
Young03:
Tb joshua will claim he saw it coming
See how you just advertised the man who has been more meaningful and useful to people in life than your entire generation till date. boy go hustle and leave the man alone.
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by nairaman66(m): 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
Doctorfitz:

You saw the video, what do you have to say?
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by Garshyzee(m): 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2017
Everybody turn christian... See people speaking in tongues sef... With dat kind noise God stilll solve the problem..
Baba na baba grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by nairaman66(m): 11:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
drdanny:

Your assertions are mere hypothesis and I am sure you know! Until an investigation is carried out before anyone would know what transpired! By the way, the passengers have the right to scream as much as they want.. you don't know what air crashes has brought to families in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by kendupully: 12:41am On Apr 19, 2017
Doctorfitz:

Oh gor
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by BernieeeGee(m): 12:50am On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=odimbannamdi post=55692748] Dying in a plane crash is one death i cant wish for even my enemy!

The thought of hearing that deafening sound and all you can feel is the heat all over your skin till you get into oblivion.

Then the thought of your body getting charred to unrecognition and you will be lucky to have your body being identified from the remnant of your partially burnt multi-coloured clothe.

Thank God for your life, sis! Only God could have done this!

Meanwhile, these beautiful loafers are for sale

Pm me... 08033556498
How much?
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by RaptorX: 1:01am On Apr 19, 2017
You people making fun of the screaming and praying passengers would have probably peed on yourself if you were on board a aircraft with its engine on fire.
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by RaeMystix: 1:14am On Apr 19, 2017
texazzpete:

No, the Pilot should have told everyone to run around screaming and wailing angry

You people sef.

grin grin
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by RaeMystix: 1:15am On Apr 19, 2017
chicagoPD:
That's the best he could do in such circumstances....else some will jus suffer heart attack and die while the plane will safely land as it finally did.
W
True
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by dolapoabdul: 1:28am On Apr 19, 2017
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by paddyofboss(m): 1:28am On Apr 19, 2017
anitank:
And the pilot said to keep calm.. lol
panic would do more damage
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by abupak(m): 1:47am On Apr 19, 2017
proffabupaigo:ohooooo!!.how much did you paid for the flight naw.that would have being your final ticket fees to heaven.may that not be our portion
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by adontcare(f): 1:50am On Apr 19, 2017
Lol. Here prayer. Lol. grin
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by abupak(m): 1:55am On Apr 19, 2017
UNIQUEISRAEL:
God will not come down from Heaven to stop the plane's fume...
Do the right thing, by writing to appropriate quarters
that one be say na our own making
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by Nobody: 4:21am On Apr 19, 2017
Dee60:

Nigeria, land of the absurd!

We have sinned in this nation and our sins are haunting us.

Can you imagine?

The pilot would not even divert or land close by. He still went on in that commotion.

And of course, no apologies to anyone.

FG should immediately ban AERO.

So what's the connection between sin and the pilot's decision not to "divert" the plane?
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by repogirl(f): 4:29am On Apr 19, 2017
See serious revival inside plane. Its not funny though. Justbglad the plane landed safely.
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by lantres000(m): 4:46am On Apr 19, 2017
Doctorfitz:

Cooked Ke !!! Bros when it cmes to aero dont stick your neck for them o. They are the most shitty airline in Nigeria at the moment. I have been on that same Aero when Oxygen Mask dropped
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by eldolink: 5:14am On Apr 19, 2017
odimbannamdi:
Dying in a plane crash is one death i cant wish for even my enemy!

The thought of hearing that deafening sound and all you can feel is the heat all over your skin till you get into oblivion.

Then the thought of your body getting charred to unrecognition and you will be lucky to have your body being identified from the remnant of your partially burnt multi-coloured clothe.

Thank God for your life, sis! Only God could have done this!

Meanwhile, these beautiful loafers are for sale
how much is Ur loafers
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by Bishopking: 5:40am On Apr 19, 2017
The source of the incident was not known to the passengers. That must have caused the commotion. With all air crash investigations, a lot of people would still have let out a cry... One should not forget also that many people might be travelling with their family members.
Was that enough reason to turn the plane to crusade ground? Well, different people have different coping mechanism. And from the video, it was clear that the shrieking noice was from the women folk mostly.
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by ritux: 5:51am On Apr 19, 2017
I can imagine what they were going through. Nobody will like to experience this. I remember vividly my experience with medview last year from Lagos to Abuja. A flight of 55mins to 1hr took us 1hr 35mins. After the pilot told the cabin crew to prepare for landing around 50mins on getting to Abuja, the plane could not land. We started going up and down and the engine sound changed. We were all composed but deep down, so many of us were praying. Not an experience I will wish anyone to go through. No explanation was given but I guessed the tyres refused to come out.
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by chukel(m): 5:54am On Apr 19, 2017
koboko69:

Aircraft investigation Nat Geo.

In b/w switching off cell phones entirely depends on company policy.
Some allow phones on flight mod.

In b/w the only reason why phones are turned off before the flight mode invention was just cos of radio interference. Imagine hearing that stupid sound u hear when u fone is close to a radio in the cockpit.
why are you starting all ur paragraphs with " in between". What nonsense English is that. People use "btw" as short form of "by the way".

1 Like

Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by whirlwind7(m): 6:09am On Apr 19, 2017
[code][/code]
RaeMystix:
Typical Nigerian pilot. Everyone's about to die, but the N is telling everyone to calm down grin

This comment gave away the fact that you have never been on board an airplane before cheesy

That is what pilots do! That's how they are trained, because everyone panicking can only make the situation worse.

Its not a typical Nigerian pilot. That's a typical pilot, and could be from any nationality. Its the ones that panic when there's an emergency that don't make good pilots.

Em.....meanwhile, watch that movie starring Denzel Washington titled "Flight" and "Sully", starring Tom Hanks. The later movie was based on real events. These movies will give you an idea about how demanding their job is, and how heroic pilots could be in a crisis.

Only problem I have with the incident is how the airline would never bother to address its passengers over the issue. In Nigeria, serious incidents like this are taken for granted. After all, they did a favor to the passengers by landing them safely. Nobody gives a shyte about the trauma they just went through.

Typical Nigeria
Re: "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says by heybee72(m): 6:26am On Apr 19, 2017
CollinsWeGlobe:
someone that's about to die, has the guts to even make a video?
grin grin you can't always trust the blackbox...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? / Tourists On Vacation In Africa See Python Inside Their Engine(video+pic) / How Obiano Built Anambra International Airport In 15 Months (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.