Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

.:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. (22577 Views)

Creating Prov.files / Where Can I Create Prov File For My Java Fone. / Download ZAIN MMS Prov file for Nokia S40 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by just2nice(m): 10:28am On Jan 04, 2010
For those who browse with opm 4.2 and may want to download the attached Nairaland files on mobile, you can use Mobilget mobile download manager to download the attachment. Mobilget downloads files from Nairaland attachments,Yahoo!Mail attachments and even from Esnips mobile site(m.esnips.com) where I download my Naija latest jams.
I just thought I should share it for those using their mobile phone to download:
http://www.plunder.com/Mobilget-nobile-download-manager-download-93d29055a7.htm
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by aieromon(m): 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2010
just2nice:

BTW, I haven't tried it out yet.
@aieromon
I editted a proxy and port with the Notepad++ and it worked. However, I tried renaming the prov file( as in the prov file name) and it was not recognized by the s40 phone.Any solution? undecided

You refering to the name inside the file or the name of the file itself?
If you referin' to the characters inside the file,try replacing each character letter for letter
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by honsule(m): 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2010
@aieromon. i entered one 2700classic phone 2day,but gave me headache and refused to browse.Guess i need tutorial on how this .prov works with s40 phones likewise the suitable opera for it.Opera 4.2 or 206?
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by aieromon(m): 8:07pm On Jan 04, 2010
honsule:

@aieromon. i entered one 2700classic phone 2day,but gave me headache and refused to browse.Guess i need tutorial on how this .prov works with s40 phones likewise the suitable opera for it.Opera 4.2 or 206?

Just assume that the .prov file is a connection manager that the s40 phone doesn't have and needs to be transferred via bluetooth.You are basically filling in the data the same way you enter it into a s60 phone.
Focus on IP,Port number and access point name,once you enter those details save file in .prov extension and transfer to s40 phone.
let's troubleshoot if you're online now
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by aieromon(m): 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2010
.prov files assist any installed java application requires internet connection on s40 phones
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by honsule(m): 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2010
are on messenger? Hon_sule my Id
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2010
, Here's a tutorial on how to use xplore to modify .prov files,
Launch Xplore on ur phone, And locate the .prov file, Then click hex viewer *as attached in the screenshot below*, Just follow up the screenshots, make mr spambot nor nab me, The thing don delete my first write up,

Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2010
Continuation

Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by aieromon(m): 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2010
Nice
It remains tutorial on how to use class editor for s40 users
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2010
Tutorial on how to use the class editor,
Use no 2,4,6,8 to navigate, and use no 5 as ur select button,
Follow the screenshots below,
To edit anything 4 instance to change internet.ng.zain.com to web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net as I did in the screenshot below, Just move ur cusor to he front of the first letter I and hit the cancel button till the text u want to delete is completely deleted, and be sure not to delete any other text,
Follow screenshots,

Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by semid4lyfe(m): 9:53pm On Jan 04, 2010
Yoi shinai, yoi kangae. Good thinking, good product!
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by aieromon(m): 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2010
Just2nice,come in and give your tutorials
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 10:17pm On Jan 04, 2010
Above, I meant the delete button not cancel, Or just place ur cursor on the I letter and start deleting, , after that,, Press the no 5 button and click on text, and type the new apn, Thats web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Now, click on ok, And push ur right navigation button, to paste the text, After pastin' click on save and voila, That's it

Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by puskin: 12:04am On Jan 05, 2010
But why do knowledgeable peeps still buy this s40 fones when they know they'll need a .prov file. undecided undecided
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:32am On Jan 05, 2010
"Fingers are not equal aieromon", *attached below are the 2 remainin' screenshots*,
Any questions, ?,
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:37am On Jan 05, 2010
Screenshots

Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by tobidaflava(m): 5:40am On Jan 05, 2010
I'm usin WAP browser. I can't see any screenshot.
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by aieromon(m): 5:49am On Jan 05, 2010
Boss Ttdiamonds:

"Fingers are not equal aieromon", *attached below are the 2 remainin' screenshots*,
Any questions, ?,

Post should be directed at puskin,not me

tobidaflava:

I'm usin WAP browser. I can't see any screenshot.

What fone do you use?
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by tobidaflava(m): 5:53am On Jan 05, 2010
It's just a Nokia 2630.
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by aieromon(m): 6:01am On Jan 05, 2010
tobidaflava:

It's just a Nokia 2630.
Nobody's gonna stroke you nah grin grin grin grin grin grin
Don't you have opera on it?
btw,where do you get your .prov files?
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by tobidaflava(m): 7:10am On Jan 05, 2010
I don't .prov files. I'm willing to have one but just don't how.
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by aieromon(m): 7:59am On Jan 05, 2010
Lemme have your e-add or YiM
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by tobidaflava(m): 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2010
Me?
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by honsule(m): 7:04pm On Jan 05, 2010
I was just not interested in configuring s40 phones hitherto.But when a prof. in the skol told me to help him configure his daughter's Nokia 2700 classic phone i then know that i have no choice but to do it(Bcoz sth tangible will come out of it). This morning i decided to meticulously read and practicalize step by step what aieromon posted on this thread.i was still making the .prove when the prof called me and told me that he will be in the office around 11:30Am.To cut a long story short,i successfully configured the Nokia 2700 to browse with opera 4.2.But it was slow,bcoz the phone is an ordinary GPRS phone.
S40 config skills added to my DECREES.Just that single config fetched me sth tangible.hehehe.i won't disclose it.(that is sb salary for a month)
KUDOS to the Starter of this thread. wink wink wink
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by aieromon(m): 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2010
honsule:

I was just not interested in configuring s40 phones hitherto.But when a prof. in the skol told me to help him configure his daughter's Nokia 2700 classic phone i then know that i have no choice but to do it(Bcoz sth tangible will come out of it). This morning i decided to meticulously read and practicalize step by step what aieromon posted on this thread.i was still making the .prove when the prof called me and told me that he will be in the office around 11:30Am.To cut a long story short,i successfully configured the Nokia 2700 to browse with opera 4.2.But it was slow,bcoz the phone is an ordinary GPRS phone.
S40 config skills added to my DECREES.Just that single config fetched me sth tangible.hehehe.i won't disclose it.(that is sb salary for a month)
KUDOS to the Starter of this thread. wink wink wink

The most interesting words on your post have been highlighted for maximum effect.
Pay me my money grin grin
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by honsule(m): 7:31pm On Jan 05, 2010
aieromon:

The most interesting words on your post have been highlighted for maximum effect.
Pay me my money grin grin

Ok to give u a little token,i will transfer 200 bucks mtn card to ur line.what is ur No?
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by Genuflect(m): 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2010
Lmao
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by aieromon(m): 7:43pm On Jan 05, 2010
honsule:

Ok to give u a little token,i will transfer 200 bucks mtn card to your line.what is your No?

Kai,a beggar has no choice.Lemme manage it cry cry

-8034319471-
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by honsule(m): 7:48pm On Jan 05, 2010
aieromon:

Kai,a beggar has no choice.Lemme manage it cry cry

-8034319471-

which one u no dey?u are not a begger na.Confirm when u receive it.
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by aieromon(m): 7:54pm On Jan 05, 2010
~RecEiv3d~
Thanks
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by honsule(m): 8:00pm On Jan 05, 2010
aieromon:

~RecEiv3d~
Thanks

U are welcome wink wink
Re: .:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2010
Honsule, where's my own,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria / don't trust people that locks their phones / Infinix Hot 4 Pro Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.