Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) (15756 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures) / Chimamanda Adichie At The 7th Annual Igbo Conference (photos+video) / Chimamanda Adichie At The Foreign Affairs Symposium At Johns Hopkins (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by mployer(m): 11:48am On Apr 19, 2017
Ugosample:
All I see on this thread are VERY insecure men.

What makes you think the Husband will be a house boy cheesy

The way i see it, they respect each other, and that's why the marriage is still going on

To me, there is nothing wrong with the ideals she believes in, and only bush men with archaic mentality will be threatened by a woman like this

The only thing wrong about her feminist ideology is that she is deceiving naive women.

At home she is very humble and takes the D in the most humbling way undecided

It's all for packaging and career.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by dangotesmummy: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2017
talktonase:
make she do get belle abeg make she ugly small tongue
shut up.she has a child undecided

Dumb skull tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Nobody comes out to say she is a misandrist. They all hide under the cover feminist
watch we should all be feminist on YouTube.
I haven't gotten any misandrist vibe from her so far.
saying all feminists are misandrists is like saying all men are misogynist.
all Muslims are terrorist all Christians burn witches etc.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by dangotesmummy: 11:53am On Apr 19, 2017
mployer:

The only thing wrong about her feminist ideology is that she is deceiving naive women.

smh are you living in their house?

The kinds of sick imaginations your likes come up with to make your ego feel good hen.Lord have mercy grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by adeniyi3971(m): 11:55am On Apr 19, 2017
Eventoned:
John Hopkins, the best medical school in the world.

John Hopkins medical school not John Hopkins university
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 11:57am On Apr 19, 2017
mployer:

Oh really?
So tell me, how is she deceiving naive women

Give me solid points

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
proudafrogal:

watch we should all be feminist on YouTube.

I haven't gotten any misandrist vibe from her so far.

saying all feminists are misandrists is like saying all men are misogynist.

all Muslims are terrorist
all Christians burn witches etc.

I never said all..
But all misandrists are 'feminists'
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by slick1(m): 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
do feminists fvck?

just curious ohhhhh
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
NkayTiana:
It means knowing who you are,and your place as a woman and not taking the place of a man

shocked woohoo. Now hear what your madam said

" I want women to walk into job interviews and be treated the same way as somebody who has a p31/1Is."

Who wants to have a piece of a man's cake? wink
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
OkoYiboz:
Chimamanda claims to be a feminist and some misguided females on Nairaland with atrocious upbringing and psychological issues think being a feminist involves being bitchy towards men.

Hope ya'll can can see that Chimamanda has a husband and a son while you frustrated ladies are here arguing illogically on NL. The joke is on you all.

Lesson: No matter how opinionated a feminist is, she must always kneel down in front of a man to receive d0ggy.

I loved your comment especially the last statement. grin

Don't mind the asslickers abusing you. You are spot on. I had to activate an account just to laud you!

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
proudafrogal:

being a feminist does not mean you hate men. there is a difference between feminists and misandrist you uneducated ignorant human.

This is one of the frustrated females I was talking about. @ The bolded, you must be mistaking me for your father.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by Mrbigman1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
proudafrogal:

ignorance is dangerous

What's it u re ignorant of?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by guychidile: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
I love this girl because of her educational qualities,kit ups ,mode of dress ups,attires and make ups..,et cetra.., Amanda..,I salute you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by Rosskii: 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
Ugosample:
All I see on this thread are VERY insecure men.

What makes you think the Husband will be a house boy cheesy

The way i see it, they respect each other, and that's why the marriage is still going on

To me, there is nothing wrong with the ideals she believes in, and only bush men with archaic mentality will be threatened by a woman like this

Dude, you are still a learner. By the time a "feminist" wife shows you pepper, you will get sense. The divorce rate of over 60% in western countries has a reason for it. And it's called "feminism". When you become married to a "feminist " you will quickly learn that EVERYTHING is up for "debate", between you and her. For you, it will become a matter of when, not if, you end the relationship. Show me ONE 'feminist' who has been in a lifelong marriage. There's none. The reason feminism does not work is that it is based on a fundamental, antagonistic premise entertained by the woman - that she does not "need" a man in her life. It derives from the growing economic equality of men and women in the western world. Thus, the logic goes, since they are materially 'equal', there should be no basis for male 'dominance' in the relationship. It is a fundamentally flawed concept, as its basis for redefining spousal relationships is purely economic, with other considerations such as biological, social, and cultural influences jettisoned. No man can be truly attracted to a woman who "does not need a man in her life". A woman who predicates her love on conditionalities. It is really a recipe for disaster, especially for men who don't grasp the underlying dynamics behind the feminist movement, and end up with a "feminist" wife. My advice is, if you ever encounter a woman who acts like she might be a 'feminist ', run in the opposite direction if you love yourself and your life. I'm out.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by NoToPile: 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
I love her hair kiss kiss kiss
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by ChiefEmekaVilla(m): 2:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
Lovely and Powerful Lady. Always admired her.
Knowledge is power.
Misogynists can lick lime.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
Insecure men are ranting up and and down while she's making it in ife

Haters gonna hate grin

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
ChiefEmekaVilla:
Lovely and Powerful Lady. Always admired her.
Knowledge is power.
Misogynists can lick lime.

No mind dem
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by geekybabe(f): 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
mployer:

lolss. Its like u live in their house with them and follow them to their bedroom. Gosh. guys tho. 'What does taking d 'D' in the most humbling way' even mean

some Nigerian men and their one-dimensional thought pattern.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
neocortex:

What you guys don't understand is that not all men find joy in subjugating women,
what some men want is just a sincere partner, who will exhibit mutual respect and who
they can share their problems with and plan their future together, every other thing being secondary.

Wow, pls are you married? If yes your wifey is very lucky...if no may God ans ur prayer...This ^^^ is just beautiful cry

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by KevinDein: 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
proudafrogal:

being a feminist does not mean you hate men. there is a difference between feminists and misandrist you uneducated ignorant human.
Feminist and misandrist....Very difficulty to separate the two these days
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by NgHealth(m): 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
This woman's feminist views don dey reach the extreme. Once a fan but no longer sure.

Nigerian Health Blog

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by NkayTiana(f): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
You asked for my own definition not hers... it's a man's but women want their place to be recognised, it's all about not trampling on someone's right just cos she's a woman.
TheLordIsGr8:

shocked woohoo. Now hear what your madam said

" I want women to walk into job interviews and be treated the same way as somebody who has a p31/1Is."

Who wants to have a piece of a man's cake? wink
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by giftedben: 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
I will say her husband is a lucky man. I wish she was single, I would have been at her door step by now. She is beautiful and intelligent. What more can a man ask for. grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by talktonase(m): 9:38am On Apr 20, 2017
dangotesmummy:
shut up.she has a child undecided

Dumb skull tongue
congratulations to the wise and brainy one. undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by dangotesmummy: 10:36am On Apr 20, 2017
talktonase:
congratulations to the wise and brainy one. undecided
thank you very much. Odayan moju grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by uzolexis(f): 3:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
lonelydora:
I pity her husband shaa. The man must be a 'house boy' in that house

This is a perfect reply to your comment.

neocortex:

What you guys don't understand is that not all men find joy in subjugating women,
what some men want is just a sincere partner, who will exhibit mutual respect and who
they can share their problems with and plan their future together, every other thing being secondary.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by uzolexis(f): 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
Rosskii:

Dude, you are still a learner. By the time a "feminist" wife shows you pepper, you will get sense. The divorce rate of over 60% in western countries has a reason for it. And it's called "feminism". When you become married to a "feminist " you will quickly learn that EVERYTHING is up for "debate", between you and her. For you, it will become a matter of when, not if, you end the relationship. Show me ONE 'feminist' who has been in a lifelong marriage. There's none. The reason feminism does not work is that it is based on a fundamental, antagonistic premise entertained by the woman - that she does not "need" a man in her life. It derives from the growing economic equality of men and women in the western world. Thus, the logic goes, since they are materially 'equal', there should be no basis for male 'dominance' in the relationship. It is a fundamentally flawed concept, as its basis for redefining spousal relationships is purely economic, with other considerations such as biological, social, and cultural influences jettisoned. No man can be truly attracted to a woman who "does not need a man in her life". A woman who predicates her love on conditionalities. It is really a recipe for disaster, especially for men who don't grasp the underlying dynamics behind the feminist movement, and end up with a "feminist" wife. My advice is, if you ever encounter a woman who acts like she might be a 'feminist ', run in the opposite direction if you love yourself and your life. I'm out.

Your comment shows that you are a very insecure man. Why should the male dominate in a relationship, last I checked relationships should be a partnership not a servant master arrangement. Feminist do not assume that they don't need men, Feminism is about standing for and supporting equity of both genders because even though men and women are different, they are fundamentally​ equal and men who are scared of feminist are insecure cos they feel like a woman who stands her ground wants to be treated equally is a threat to them. They want a woman they can dominate.

Feminism does not mean disrespecting men, it advocates for respecting everyone regardless of their gender.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 21, 2017
OkoYiboz:

This is one of the frustrated females I was talking about. @ The bolded, you must be mistaking me for your father.

onuku ozu nwuruanwu, odi ndu onwu ka mma. idiota

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Nairaland Crime Stories / Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) / The PACKAGE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.