Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Colorized Photographs From World War I & II - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Colorized Photographs From World War I & II (47859 Views)

Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation / Extraordinary Colorized Pictured Have Brought To Life The Bloody Korean War / 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by akigbemaru: 10:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by NaijaHotGuy: 10:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
A substantial part of the National Shell Filling Factory was destroyed in an explosion of eight tons of TNT on 1 July 1918. In all 134 people were killed, of whom only 32 could be positively identified, and a further 250 were injured. The unidentified bodies are in a mass grave in St. Mary's Church, Attenborough. The blast was reportedly heard twenty miles away.
Explorers:
Women workers stack live shells destined for the trenches at the huge munitions factory at Chilwell in Nottinghamshire in 1917.

A few months later, on 1 July, 1918, 250 workers were killed when eight tons of these TNT explosive at the factory blew up.

Only 32 bodies could be positively identified.
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by LastProphet: 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
musicwriter:

This is not about who's better than others, but about who built the pyramid. And, of course, you could go through the so called education in Africa and remain blind to African history. In fact, the educational system was exactly created to keep you in your present state of mind.

First 3 universities in the world were also in Africa. Are you also doubting that? See guiness world records published by white people, oldest university in the world was in Fez Morocco http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/oldest-university What they don't even know is the Sankore university in Timbuktu predates Fez university.

I don't know when you stopped reading, but be informed while you stopped reading black people has long challenged what white people told you in the 80's and your white masters are beginning to succumb to truth. There's only so long the truth could be hiden.

But, I want to ask you; Who did you learn were the first people to live on planet earth? What continent did they live?

my brother see u are knowledgeable guy obviously and you will beat many whites in many areas of intellectual testing just like i have seen many blacks do myself included (i have a distinction MSc from the UK), but you see my brother people like us are very very few among blacks. so you see the average intelligence is the problem, too many fvcked up black people with hopeless way of thinking. why do u think we vote the wrong people into office? because the larger population cannot deeply analyze the position of candidates, the more loud and empty candidate that can draw on sentiments normally wins. why do u think pastors are smiling to the bank? is because of the average intelligence of the population! i grew up in a Christian home went for evangelism etc but by the time i could think for myself i already saw so many flaws in the doctrine and stopped some of my commitments to the religion, but how many blacks figure that out? i have cousins who have been scammed for more than 15yrs by preachers that promised jobs, marriages that never came, yet they believe them to the death! what is that called? dumbness! i once stayed in Johannesburg and its even worse, the blacks there especially the men are complete mofos. or do u want us to talk about black Americans? see we have our problem rooted in refusing to take or accept responsibility and that is why the black story is exactly the same in any country even outside Africa. See i rest my case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by oyienootieno: 11:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
Benekruku:
How time fly's..

Reminds me of my ordeals at the war front during WW1

Wake up wake up.. you are having a horrible dream..
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by Benekruku(m): 11:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
oyienootieno:

Wake up wake up.. you are having a horrible dream..

Why did u call it a dream? Re u doubting my accounts?
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by oyienootieno: 11:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
slurryeye:
When people that have experienced war tell you they don't want war, they surely know what they are saying.
The first world war was a stupid and unnecessary that resulted in fighting with no dignity where millions died in trenches and diseases from the trenches, while second world war was an aftermath of the treaties from the first world war. If human being has continued the trend of fighting such large scale wars, we would have exterminated ourselves from the surface of earth.
With nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction on many people's hands, such a global war this time around will exterminate almost all human beings if not all which is the reason why everyone is telling idiotic president "orange face" trump to mellow down on his airheadedness and approach issues diplomatically. The world hasn't experienced a global war for over 70 years, and we will like to keep it that way Mr "grab 'em by the puss.y"

And the guy he is trying it with don't give an "F" even to his immediate family. The North Korean President.
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by oyienootieno: 11:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
Benekruku:

Why did u call it a dream? Re u doubting my accounts?

Noooo not doubting at all. Just that i had to wake you up before you unconsciously wake the whole neighbours as you screem "hide" run" stop stop"" Lol
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by oyienootieno: 11:59pm On Apr 20, 2017
Adeevah:
Waoo...

Time to look back
In preparation for worldwarIII

Just pray to God for forgiveness.... Better still try and watch Aljezeera "eye witness" then you will have an idea what WAR really is.
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by oyienootieno: 12:09am On Apr 21, 2017
RaptorX:
This is what some "inventor" will cobbled together in 2017 Nigeria and everybody on NL will be shouting government should support him.

You push it too far. We have adults here who fold and weld iron sheet together, then without shame posted it as aeroplane.
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by Benekruku(m): 12:14am On Apr 21, 2017
oyienootieno:

Noooo not doubting at all. Just that i had to wake you up before you unconsciously wake the whole neighbours as you screem "hide" run" stop stop"" Lol

Am still not getting your point!

Is there any law prohibiting a veteran to be on Nairaland?
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by musicwriter(m): 12:29am On Apr 21, 2017
LastProphet:

my brother see u are knowledgeable guy obviously and you will beat many whites in many areas of intellectual testing just like i have seen many blacks do myself included (i have a distinction MSc from the UK), but you see my brother people like us are very very few among blacks. so you see the average intelligence is the problem, too many fvcked up black people with hopeless way of thinking. why do u think we vote the wrong people into office? because the larger population cannot deeply analyze the position of candidates, the more loud and empty candidate that can draw on sentiments normally wins. why do u think pastors are smiling to the bank? is because of the average intelligence of the population! i grew up in a Christian home went for evangelism etc but by the time i could think for myself i already saw so many flaws in the doctrine and stopped some of my commitments to the religion, but how many blacks figure that out? i have cousins who have been scammed for more than 15yrs by preachers that promised jobs, marriages that never came, yet they believe them to the death! what is that called? dumbness! i once stayed in Johannesburg and its even worse, the blacks there especially the men are complete mofos. or do u want us to talk about black Americans? see we have our problem rooted in refusing to take or accept responsibility and that is why the black story is exactly the same in any country even outside Africa. See i rest my case

An old African adage says "when the first white man appear in a land, the people die". That's exactly what happened to Africa. It's not about accepting or not accepting responsibility. After defeat of Sub-Saharan Africa by Europeans, it took 450 years of slavery and colonialism to bring us to where we're today. In slavery, a brain surgery was conducted on black people and the brain altered without opening the skull. Dr. Ivan Sertima put it this way "the worst thing that happened to black people is not the physical slavery, but the nuclear bombing of the brain of black people".

Our problem is we're naturally welcoming people, loving, trusting, humane. White people had exact opposite philosophy of life as at the time they made contact with us. Our goodness brought us where we are today. And till today, we're still hoping, trusting that white people is our friend and would help us develop!!.

By the way, this is a mummy of Egyptian King Tut- typically black in all his features. King Tut was the 12th king of the 18th Egyptian dynasty. He ruled around the same time Moses was born. He could actually be the Pharaoh of Moses time.

1 Like

Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by LastProphet: 12:46am On Apr 21, 2017
musicwriter:

An old African adage says "when the first white man appear in a land, the people die". That's exactly what happened to Africa. It's not about accepting or not accepting responsibility. After defeat of Sub-Saharan Africa by Europeans, it took 450 years of slavery and colonialism to bring us to where we're today. In slavery, a brain surgery was conducted on black people and the brain altered without opening the skull. Dr. Ivan Sertima put it this way "the worst thing that happened to black people is not the physical slavery, but the nuclear bombing of the brain of black people".

Our problem is we're naturally welcoming people, loving, trusting, humane. White people had exact opposite philosophy of life as at the time they made contact with us. Our goodness brought us where we are today. And till today, we're still hoping, trusting that white people is our friend and would help us develop!!.

By the way, this is a mummy of Egyptian King Tut- typically black in all his features. King Tut was the 12th king of the 18th Egyptian dynasty. He ruled around the same time Moses was born. He could actually be the Pharaoh of Moses time.

i appreciate your deep researches on the topic, shall find time to talk more on this with you. appreciate
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by musicwriter(m): 1:35am On Apr 21, 2017
LastProphet:

i appreciate your deep researches on the topic, shall find time to talk more on this with you. appreciate

And, if you want to understand the psychology of caucasians, watch this video by a British professor of history explaining the origin and nature of white people. He was being brutally honest from the beginning. However, he started lying later praising the white race. I' am an advanced learner and knows such whenever I see it, so if anybody want to watch, don't watch beyond 13:00, cause as I said he started embellishing the story from then on.

NOTE: This post was escalated on my blog. See Why Europeans Were Able to Conquer Africa And the Rest of the World http://www.africason.com/2017/09/why-europeans-were-able-to-conquer.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZLD31C3cdE&itct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by bayori: 7:22am On Apr 21, 2017
Nice
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by Lordxeer(m): 7:22am On Apr 21, 2017
in the year 1914, the highly 'intelligent' human mind has not only invented the LATE machine or the heat combustion engines. But guns, tanks, fire fighters and other sophisticated war fares. Technology in service of madness.
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by Adeevah(m): 7:32am On Apr 21, 2017
oyienootieno:

Just pray to God for forgiveness.... Better still try and watch Aljezeera "eye witness" then you will have an idea what WAR really is.

BTW US and North Korea
We need practical you know
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by oyienootieno: 9:30am On Apr 21, 2017
Adeevah:

BTW US and North Korea
We need practical you know

Hahahah North Korea no be Gambia wey our president to ride oh.

We are still struggling to master air specifics. Hope you have not forgotten how our guys bombed idp camp so soon?
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by oyienootieno: 9:32am On Apr 21, 2017
Benekruku:

Am still not getting your point!

Is there any law prohibiting a veteran to be on Nairaland?

Absolutely not. But.....
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by Sheungbengar(m): 9:37am On Apr 21, 2017
this gallery is awesome... nice collections
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:31am On Apr 21, 2017
Explorers:
Women workers stack live shells destined for the trenches at the huge munitions factory at Chilwell in Nottinghamshire in 1917.

A few months later, on 1 July, 1918, 250 workers were killed when eight tons of these TNT explosive at the factory blew up.

Only 32 bodies could be positively identified.
Hey Explorers, good job.
Read about this tragedy.
Actually it was 134 killed and 250 injured.
And yes, 32 bodies alone could be identified as majority were mangled beyond description.
And believe it or not, churchill ordered work to resume the very next day!

1 Like

Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by uzoexcel(m): 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2017
good one explorer
Explorers:
Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS) plotters at work at Coastal Artillery Headquarters in Dover, December 1942.
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by julioralph(m): 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
centboy123456:

were did u watch it how u share d link for me
it was on a dvd I got from a friend.
basically a mix of docu's and films. the dvd also contained an interesting film, tora tora tora!!! (dats about the japs and pearl harbour)
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by Babacele: 8:37pm On Apr 21, 2017
LastProphet:

so bros you think you can't do nothing? You can, yes we can.
Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by Babacele: 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
julioralph:

basically a mix of docu's and films. the dvd also contained an interesting film, tora tora tora!!! (dats about the japs and pearl harbour)
we have to thank the Japs for bombing Pearl Harbour for it brought in the US, who had been on the fence, into the 2nd world war on and saved the world from Hitler. PH bombing forced d US to have a treaty with Churchill whose mother was an American, and Josef Stalin a strange ally on the Atlantic Ocean to jointly declare war on Hitler. Explorer please give us that pic of the trio on Atlantic,thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by LastProphet: 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
Babacele:
so bros you think you can't do nothing? You can, yes we can.

we will do a lot if we stop looking for who to blame except ourselves. yes we can do something i agree with u

1 Like

Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by centboy123456(m): 11:31pm On Apr 21, 2017
julioralph:

OK bro am going check it on youtube

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colorized Photographs From World War I & II by Defaramade(m): 6:33am On Apr 23, 2017
Explorers sir, can you please create a thread for the Battle of Stalingrad?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teodorin Nguema Obiang's Seized Supercars Sold For ₦10 Billion (Pictures) / Bridge Collapses With Officials On It While Being Commissioned In South Africa / Donald Trump Blasts CNN Reporter On Live TV: "You Work For A Fake News Agency"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.