Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,049 members, 7,807,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency (28680 Views)

Photos As Osinbajo Presides Over Weekly FEC Meeting / N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency / BREAKING: Buhari Returns Today - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by PMBNG(m): 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
THE Presidency has hinted why the Weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) failed to hold, on Wednesday, as usual at the Presidential Villa.

In a quick reaction to the development, the Presidency explained that the meeting was put on hold because the Easter holiday affected work of the secretariat, and not because of any ill-health President Muhammadu Buhari.

President Buhari was absent at last Wednesday’s meeting leaving Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to preside over it.

Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, had said Buhari was attending to other issues of national importance and not because of ill-health that he failed to show up.

State House correspondents who had no prior knowledge of the cancellation of the meeting, got to the Council Chambers, venue of the meeting, only to be told that it would not hold.

When reached for comments, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, explained that it was canceled because the council secretariat staff had no opportunity to circulate relevant documents for the meeting because of the Easter holiday.

“I think it is because of the Easter holiday. The secretariat had no time to circulate the necessary documents,” he said.

According to him, there is a requirement in the law which states that the documents must be circulated to concerned individuals before the meeting.

When asked why the documents were not circulated before the holiday since the secretariat knew before hand that there would be a holiday, he explained that as human beings, they also needed the break.

When asked if it was not due to the president’s health, the presidential media aide denied that the cancellation was related to his state of health, saying that it would be wrong to make such assumption, adding: “That will not be fair.”

Shehu added, “The staff on the Council secretariat resumed on Tuesday after the Easter. There was no time to prepare and circulate memos to ministers. By practice, the ministers receive council memos two or three days ahead of meetings because they must read them and sometimes undertake research. It is not a rubber stamp council so everyone must prepare themselves well for debates.”

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/04/why-weekly-fec-meeting-was-cancelled-today-presidency/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by Splinz(m): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
When asked why the documents were not circulated before the holiday since the secretariat knew before hand that there would be a holiday, he explained that as human beings, they also needed the break.

Spare me that nonsense! If running a government is too difficult for you old men, go home!

By the way, not like there was any meaningful thing to discuss at the meeting. Who una meetings EPP all along? undecided

Yeye.

100 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by PMBNG(m): 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
Buhari tell us your true state of health

33 Likes

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by vedaxcool(m): 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
grin grin grin no explanation can ever satisfy enemies of the state.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by Chuksonyeike: 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, had said Buhari was attending to other issues of national importance and not because of ill-health that he failed to show up.

na so we go de till 2019? chai!!!!!

17 Likes

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by vedaxcool(m): 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
[s]
Splinz:

Spare me that nonsense! If running a government is too difficult for you old men, go home!

By the way, not like there was any meaningful thing to discuss at the meeting. Who una meetings EPP all along? undecided

Yeye.

[/s]

Read and comprehend... the persons being referred to here are the secretariat staff. Atleast comprehend first before making harebrained statements that only pleases those who wail for no good reason.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by Splinz(m): 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
[s]
vedaxcool:

Read and comprehend... the persons being referred to here are the secretariat staff. Atleast comprehend first before making harebrained statements that only pleases those who wail for no good reason.
[/s]

Who are the secretariat staffs? Are they not part of the government? What role do they have to play in the said meeting?

Okay, you needed attention, and now you've got it. Can you now get lost!? undecided

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by vedaxcool(m): 1:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
Splinz:
[s]

Who are the secretariat staffs? Are they not part of the government? What role do they have to play in the said meeting?

Okay, you needed attention, and now you've got it. Can you now get lost? undecided
[/s]

Keep backtracking liar for corruption. ... you clearly were refferring to PMB and his Ministers. Learn to take correction rather than bringing your foul mouthed behavior.

8 Likes

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by helinues: 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
Dem want to tell us another story again...

2 Likes

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by Splinz(m): 2:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
vedaxcool:

Keep backtracking liar for corruption. ... you clearly were refferring to PMB and his Ministers. Learn to take correction rather than bringing your foul mouthed behavior.

Oh, and what if I was referring to that uncommon failure and his bunch of fellow travelers? Does that gives you an erection? smiley

All these zombies sef.

48 Likes

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by Goke7: 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
In as much as I support the govt, this excuse cannot be accepted, we all knew the dates for the Easter Holiday in advance. Truly this govt is not that cohesive hence the many lapses and gaps.

I think I agree with the fellow who earlier said on this thread, that these old men can go home if they can't cope with the rigors of governance

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by vedaxcool(m): 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
[s]
Splinz:

Oh, and what if I was referring to that uncommon failure and his bunch of fellow travelers? Does that gives you an erection? smiley

All these zombies sef.
[/s]

It means you clearly did not comprehend what you were reading. ... here don't leave it at the your dealer's joint...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by Splashme: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
These guys are laughable!

Honestly, Buhari and his charlatans in govt
are a bunch of joke

Goodness, why can't they just speak the
truth for once?

One thing about 'lies' is that, when you lie once you will
need several other lies to cover up that one lie

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by veekid(m): 2:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
Scammer Buhari

9 Likes

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by sammyj: 2:24pm On Apr 19, 2017
This is government Magic accordingly Fela!!! angry shocked shocked
Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by steppin: 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
We'll see how he's gonna keep up till 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by ephi123(f): 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
What value has the FEC meeting added in the past in any case? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by hobermener: 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
G
Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by leksmedia: 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
hmmm
Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by ephi123(f): 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
PMBNG:
Buhari tell us your true state of health

So he doesn't go and spend our hard earned currency in London again. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by signature2012(m): 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
"I think it is because of the Easter holiday. The secretariat had no time to circulate the necessary documents,” he said."

Can you just imagine

9 Likes

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by sekundosekundo: 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
Lie lie
Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by Memphis357(m): 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
Bubu the Mumu don go London to recharge the batteries for this life support machine. Meanwhile, Nigeria and Nigerians are wallowing in disarray all because of the incompetence of this administration.
Buhari, you incompetent old fool..........
RESIGN!

2 Likes

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by Splinz(m): 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
[s]
vedaxcool:

It means you clearly did not comprehend what you were reading. ... here don't leave it at the your dealer's joint...
[/s]
You need more of it than I do. cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
Go to Balogun market you'll see a store called Nigeria...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by Eazybay(m): 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
I THINK Like Mr u don't know why, u still thinking? This statement should get u queried ANYWHERE except in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by vedaxcool(m): 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
Splinz:
[s]

You need more of it than I do. cheesy
[/s]

cool

1 Share

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by sekundosekundo: 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
Goke7:
In as much as I support the govt, this excuse cannot be accepted, we all knew the dates for the Easter Holiday in advance. Truly this govt is not that cohesive hence the many lapses and gaps.

I think I agree with the fellow who earlier said on this thread, that these old men can go home if they can't cope with the rigors of governance

Listen to Fashola

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nothing is worth one's life.

PMB, you tried your best. Few people like me still appreciate you.

But don't die on the throne. The ovation isn't particularly deafening now, but it's time to
go

1 Like

Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by Yorubasgreat(f): 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
The meeting was suspended because Buhari has a huge painful double balls between his legs and Aisha needed enough time to massage them in za oza room before it explodes.
Re: Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency by gurnam: 2:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
Obviously it will be hard to subject the President to the rigors of the meeting and more difficult to explain his absence (again) to Nigerians.
The man should quit abeg.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Key Points In Atiku’s Acceptance Speech (PDP Presidential Primary) / Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.