Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking (51815 Views)

5-powerful-websites-you-should-know / How Yoruba People Respond To Stupid Questions / ‘nnamdi Kanu Is Fine. Stop Asking About His Whereabouts’ – Turkish Diplomat Abdu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by macyant01: 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
Tenim47:
hmm

even in america, thats how we roll
na lie
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by dimexy247(m): 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by nikz(f): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
naijainfogalery:

Have you taken time to actually know the meaning of how was your night? It means how was your sexual experience last night., and the are you the last, you got to an ATM and you saw 3 people on queue and no other person in sight, and its obvious its the person standing last on queue instead of you join the queue, you are now asking if the person is the last., Are you that blind that you cant see the obvious?
@OP: most times you get to an atm queue and the last person you see there is actually not the last, someone may be behind him or her but just left to either ease himself or went to get something and will be back immediately so in that case you need to ask to avoid embarrassment when the person comes. It happens
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
Mrks4770:

U re bringing a different view point entirely ...
OP is complaining that d question is asking about her sexual performance... What difference is ur suggestion "how did d night go"... From OP's view point u re trying to find out if he had sex...!

Please read well b4 looking 4 what to say!

Learn English. It's a globally useful skill.

There is a difference between 'connotation' and 'denotation'. Try to find out what it is.

'How was your night' may or may not have a sexual connotation and allusion apparent to Nigerian speakers.

That is not my focus.

My point is that it is not in standard use as far as the English language is concerned. It reflects a dialect or variant of English spoken only in Nigeria and without wide acceptance outside the country.

Asking 'how did your night go ?' will make your intended meaning clear to any fluent speaker of the language anywhere on the globe.
So there is a difference.
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by paix(m): 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
fatymore:
I need a 1 month job.. Any job would do... Before I go back to school.. Just a semester left before I become a graduate.. Please I need the money for my fees
Would you like to be a SUGAR GIRL?
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by martinlooter(m): 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
op you omitted the most annoying of all
[b][/b] what did you born?
as if there is a particular gender that should be celebrated more. when i hear people ask the question, na wetin u born, i wonder what they are expecting
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by Temysteve(m): 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
naijainfogalery:

http://www.naijanani.com/10-stupid-questions-seriously-need-stop-asking/
I opposed ur 4 opinion. Wiil you get to GT Bank and not ask if you were the last person or not when you see customers sitting on the floor like say the bank is indebted to them. (you go just here ''Baba na 5 pple dey for my back oo'')
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by Temysteve(m): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2017
naijainfogalery:

I opposed ur number 4 opinion. Wiil you get to GTBank and not ask if you were the last person or not when you see customers sitting on the floor like say the bank is indebted to them. (you go just here ''Baba na 5 pple dey for my back oo'')
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by mhizgap(f): 6:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
naijainfogalery:

Have you taken time to actually know the meaning of how was your night? It means how was your sexual experience last night., and the are you the last, you got to an ATM and you saw 3 people on queue and no other person in sight, and its obvious its the person standing last on queue instead of you join the queue, you are now asking if the person is the last., Are you that blind that you cant see the obvious?

Are You the last person on the queue doesn't seem to be an offence.
It would rather be irritating when i queue at your back and five other people comes in saying "i was at his back but went to get ....."
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by McElvis: 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
mumu post ..

Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by jeo4u(m): 6:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
joebeckz:
questions aiming to lay an Otepu...
Sequence
1- When was the 1st time u had sexx or are u a virgin?
2- do u stay with your parents? grin
3- do u keep late nights?
4- do u like playing truth or dare? Him wan ask naughty questions to turn the green light On
5- are u on IMO? video calls... the idiot wan see bress grin
6- when last did u spend weekend outside ur house?

questions stops and statements/ request starts - please come to my house

-Girls reply: I barely know u, besides I don't visit guys.

-Guy re strategize: Okay how about we hang out somewhere?
-Girl replies... okay
-Guy...... takes her out to a place far from her area for a reason, spends and makes sure they stay outside for long so that 11pm go nak and she no fit go back house since e far.
-Guy: lets spend the night at my place, its late, I will sleep on the couch, trust me. idiot u no know say e late before u no gree end the outing since 9pm?

-Girl gives in: Okay but....sighs
-Guys hand begins to KEMEN the girl,
-Girl TBoss his hand and adjust and the kpoki have set.

end of story

lol!
Which is "KEMEN" the girl again?

This nigga no get joy at all
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by aribisala0(m): 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2017
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by DICKtator: 6:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
Bauer1:
The number 4 question is usually asked because many people book spaces at the ATM since the queue can be very long sometimes.. So, asking if "someone is the last" (if you like interprete it as the last person on earth, na you sabi) makes sense in this context.

I was going to type, " You have sense" then i noticed your username is "Bauer" as in "Jack Bauer" "24". That says it all!!.

grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by papichula: 6:14pm On Apr 19, 2017
fatymore:
I need a 1 month job.. Any job would do... Before I go back to school.. Just a semester left before I become a graduate.. Please I need the money for my fees
you go security work serious ooo I no joke oo
chat me on watsapp 07062683331
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by Joebryan(m): 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2017
naijainfogalery:

Are you now trying to say that sex is the only order of the night for every creature? Or are you only talking about married couples? Or do u mean singles who sleep alone at night have sex with themselves every night? Please, think twice before posting this kind of stuffs. Thank you
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by johnson232: 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
what a useless post!

What is wrong with asking someone if he is last on the queue?

Have u eaten? What is wrong with that?

silly thread
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by johnson232: 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
Bauer1:
The number 4 question is usually asked because many people book spaces at the ATM since the queue can be very long sometimes.. So, asking if "someone is the last" (if you like interprete it as the last person on earth, na you sabi) makes sense in this context.
God bless u
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by johnson232: 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
Temysteve:
I opposed ur 4 opinion. Wiil you get to GT Bank and not ask if you were the last person or not when you see customers sitting on the floor like say the bank is indebted to them. (you go just here ''Baba na 5 pple dey for my back oo'')
no mind d op...as if say him never go bank before

1 Like

Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by Tisham20(m): 6:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
this post is useless
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by Nkc22: 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
naijainfogalery:

About "Are you the last", I think you seem not to have been speaking from experience. People ask this question to be sure someone else on the queue hasn't excused himself/herself to get maybe a pen, urinate or just sit somewhere resting and waiting for the queue to move...

Not having food to give to someone who says " No, I haven't eaten yet" shouldn't render the question useless. Its just a show of CONCERN. In some cases, some people have helped out..
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by LordBuchi(m): 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
If "how was your night" is wrong, what about "how was your day"?

Nigerians and dirty reasoning...we must always attach silly meaning to everything

1 Like

Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by johnson232: 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
xty50:
I hate all the questions especially that "are u the last", just join d queue.Most times if am asked i would just say i dont know just join d queue or i even dont answer.
it means u ve got attitude & pride

1 Like

Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by Joebryan(m): 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
naijainfogalery:

Question 1,4,6 and 7 are not that stupid, per say.

Asking someone how was his or her night doesn't actually mean u are asking about their sex experience.. Is it only at night one can have sex? Does everyone have sex every night? So this question is not a stupid one at all.

Asking someone if he or she has eaten, is not a bad or dumb question too. Whether on social media or in d real sense. It a simple way of showing you care because you might be in a position to assist the person in one way or the other not necessarily providing him or her food at the very moment (social media)

Someone asking "How much did you buy it?" is not and will never be a dumb question. Most times, this question doesn't come when someone want to know your worth or capabilities. The person might like what he or she asked the price or cost of, and have the intention of buying too. In the actually sense the fellow need to know how much he or she should have if he or she wants to buy something of that kind. We Nigerians sometimes view things in a negative way.. Its not good at all.

Been asked "Are you the last person?" is never a dumb question as this has caused a lot of fight and misunderstanding among bank customers and at ATM centers. Some people who arrived before you might be relaxing somewhere or busy with other things, so asking the question is right,to avoid raising unnecessary alarm...

Let's think right and do right.. . Thank you

2 Likes

Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by kabillion(m): 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
@10#are u a trash? For me to take u out
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by Rick9(m): 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
What a very useless Post, the most useless post i have come across since joining Nairaland,
Rubbish
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by allaboutobed(m): 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
Question 1, 4, 6, 7 are nice questions.
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by fatymore(f): 6:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
papichula:
you go security work serious ooo I no joke oo
chat me on watsapp 07062683331
at where
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by isaiahethan: 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
Op abeg jump enter trailer. U got no brains at all

1 Like

Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by mack111(m): 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
Useless post... How was your night? Hope you slept well? What is the difference? Lol mugu!
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by mack111(m): 7:14pm On Apr 19, 2017
Useless post... How was your night? Hope you slept well? What is the difference? Lol mugu!

How did this make the front page? Jeez! I thought I was coming to read Sth hilarious not stupid!
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by heybee72(m): 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
sauerr:
I have always said "how was your night" is a terrible question. Long before now. It's just inappropriate question. Nobody believed me then.
My reply usually is "my eyes were closed throughout, so how would I know" cheesy
Re: 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking by xty50(f): 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
johnson232:

it means u ve got attitude & pride

yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Very Big Bat Seen At A Compound, Sparks Fears (Pix, Video) / 2 Die While Asleep As Heavy Flood Covers Cars And Houses In Benin (Pics) / Man Sleeping Inside Gutter In Port Harcourt (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.