Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,715 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know (61105 Views)

Lagos Poly Students Jump Through The Fence / OAU Students Jump On Trailers (Photos) / Man Meets Professor Alexander Animalu On A Plane To Abuja & Is Excited About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2017
1 contact the country embassey where the university is located. ask them relevant questions ? at times the embassey may request for an official letter for that purpose and a little amount of cash. pls do it .it worth it.

2 consult ministry of education in abuja . at times school may be accredited in her country but unfit for nigeria education standard. mary abacha uni in niger is a typical example. this might also cost you. do it. it is better

3 ensure the institution program is accredited by relevant authourity where the school is located. make the use of website to checj on agency responsible for validating schools programs. eg in the germany FIBAA is the only responsible agent to vaiidate business course.

lastly. make sure , you document are valid (i.e)waec ,passport and other traveling document are intact and free of fraud. this might be an obstacle for you to proceed into nysc after you complet your degree if there isa little suspect of fraud, ASK ME ANY QUESTION ABOUT STUDY ABROAD

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by papae1(m): 4:48am On Apr 20, 2017
Nice one Op.
Meanwhile, I think I just achieved a feat by becoming first to comment
angry grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by tinnymerit(m): 6:54am On Apr 20, 2017
you have to verify your transcript with WES before you are given admission abroad.So ......?

1 Like

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 7:38am On Apr 20, 2017
tinnymerit:
you have to verify your transcript with WES before you are given admission abroad.So ......?
yes but at times you can by pass it, getting in touch with WES from nigeria might be tediuos and may be costly. every country has a body that regulate admission requirement apart from the main institution. ours in nigeria is called NUC, a foreigner interested in schooling in nigeria may consult NUC instead of WES
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Idydarling(f): 8:08am On Apr 20, 2017
papae1:
Nice one Op. Meanwhile, I think I just achieved a feat by becoming first to comment angry grin
it's not yet on front page, no be feat be that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Tholudee(f): 8:12am On Apr 20, 2017
Good one

Please I need your vote for my sister
https://www.nairaland.com/3751679/please-nairalander-win
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by bufness(m): 8:13am On Apr 20, 2017
is waec the only certificate that can be used, what bout neco

3 Likes

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 9:16am On Apr 20, 2017
bufness:
is waec the only certificate that can be used, what bout neco
Neco too may be used. holding waec result might give you a upper hand than neco result. for instance university of ghana refused to accept neco result for the past years. although this is not a problem now. some schools may ask prospective candidate holding neco result to go for an evaluation before accepting them. i will always advice candidate to use waec instead of neco result

4 Likes

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by owem19(m): 9:27am On Apr 20, 2017
Rubbish post

5 Likes

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 9:36am On Apr 20, 2017
owem19:
Rubbish post
why do you think it is rubbish?

3 Likes

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by AgbenuAnna(f): 10:16am On Apr 20, 2017
since WAEC is more recognized can 1 combine 2 WAEC ?
Currently am using Neco for my Bsc program am considering rewriting WAEC again to have upper hand when opportunity comes for me to school outside.
what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by voicelez: 10:23am On Apr 20, 2017
I was expecting to see how to secure accommodation, how to secure a part time job. Op u try but it isn't comprehensive

33 Likes

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by tobbie247(m): 10:23am On Apr 20, 2017
can you help in my search for affordable colleges for my master's degree? I'd be very grateful
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Ugobest007: 10:24am On Apr 20, 2017
Good post.. information worth keeping .

Remember our price for today is
Buy Bitcoins at N420.
Buy Perfect Money at N430

Sell your bitcoins to us, get paid instantly after confirmation. We can buy over $35,000 right now.

Visit nairaomm.com

2 Likes

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by leksmedia: 10:24am On Apr 20, 2017
And most importantly ensure your father has a lot of dollar at hand to sponsor the bill. For your website design , blog design visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

3 Likes

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 20, 2017
okay.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by SageTravels: 10:27am On Apr 20, 2017
Good Points
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:27am On Apr 20, 2017
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by folanrewaju77(m): 10:27am On Apr 20, 2017
tobbie247:
can you help in my search for affordable colleges for my master's degree? I'd be very grateful

I might b able to help
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Lukmann1: 10:27am On Apr 20, 2017
it is useless to go studied on abroad.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by bi0nics: 10:27am On Apr 20, 2017
vaxx:
Neco too may be used. holding waec result might give you a upper hand than neco result. for instance university of ghana refused to accept neco result for the past years. although this is not a problem now. some schools may ask prospective candidate holding neco result to go for an evaluation before accepting them. i will always advice candidate to use waec instead of neco result

How about a GCE result?
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by folanrewaju77(m): 10:28am On Apr 20, 2017
tobbie247:

I might b able to help, if it's postgraduate studies

1 Like

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by LaDolceVida(f): 10:29am On Apr 20, 2017
Wish i could jump on that plane right now

1 Like

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by archymacho(m): 10:30am On Apr 20, 2017
I wanna write ILETS. Can I get tips about how to go about it successfully ?

1 Like

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 10:32am On Apr 20, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
since WAEC is more recognized can 1 combine 2 WAEC ?
Currently am using Neco for my Bsc program am considering rewriting WAEC again to have upper hand when opportunity comes for me to school outside.
what do you think?
using two waec combined result may not be good option. western universities will consider only 1 siting exams. however some private uni in cameroon ,benin or ghana might take two sittings . the standard requirement of admission in nigeria is two waec or neco written exams not exceding five years interval. consult utme brochure for more update.

since you are about to finish up with your bsc. complet it and use it to apply for your master.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by alexiej(m): 10:32am On Apr 20, 2017
vaxx:
1 contact the country embassey where the university is located. ask them relevant questions ? at times the embassey may request for an official letter for that purpose and a little amount of cash. pls do it .it worth it.

2 consult ministry of education in abuja . at times school may be accredited in her country but unfit for nigeria education standard. mary abacha uni in niger is a typical example. this might also cost you. do it. it is better

3 ensure the institution program is accredited by relevant authourity where the school is located. make the use of website to checj on agency responsible for validating schools programs. eg in the germany FIBAA is the only responsible agent to vaiidate business course.

lastly. make sure , you document are valid (i.e)waec ,passport and other traveling document are intact and free of fraud. this might be an obstacle for you to proceed into nysc after you complet your degree if there isa little suspect of fraud, ASK ME ANY QUESTION ABOUT STUDY ABROAD

Pls do you know of any university in the US or Europe that gives FULL scholarship to international students for masters in law (LLM) or MBA or any related post graduate degree?

I've seen a couple of offers online, but I've not really seen one that gives FULL scholarship.

PS: my first degree result wasn't extraordinary, just a normal second class upper.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Urukpe: 10:34am On Apr 20, 2017
archymacho:
I wanna write ILETS. Can I get tips about how to go about it successfully ?

go to travel section u will see a thread on IELTS
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 10:35am On Apr 20, 2017
voicelez:
I was expecting to see how to secure accommodation, how to secure a part time job. Op u try but it isn't comprehensive
thanks i will give more update on that soon. am interested to first ensure candidate do not fall into the hands of bogus university abroad
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Shiitposter: 10:36am On Apr 20, 2017
papae1:
Nice one Op.
Meanwhile, I think I just achieved a feat by becoming first to comment
angry grin
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 10:38am On Apr 20, 2017
tobbie247:
yes i can . but this is my question to you? will you prefer to study locally for a western degree? how much is your budget?
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by gaetano: 10:38am On Apr 20, 2017
smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security / Photo Of The Craziest Rag Day Student... / Lecturer Caught Pants Down With Married Woman In Asaba Hotel

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.