Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know (61253 Views)

Lagos Poly Students Jump Through The Fence / OAU Students Jump On Trailers (Photos) / Man Meets Professor Alexander Animalu On A Plane To Abuja & Is Excited About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by folanrewaju77(m): 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
tobbie247:

08187214140 I'd be glad for the info. thank you sir

What's with the sir bro
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Halifaxguy: 3:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
vaxx:
please do note. this thread was not created to misled candidate holding neco result as you claimed. and i have never in my post indicate neco result is not accepted. i only emphasised on the use of waec result becuse it has much international presence than that of neco

university of ghana started accepting neco result just last three years. if you doubt me contact the school and ask why the school refused to honour your neco result last three years.

please tell every one here how you were made to forcefully undergo a foundation program before you were finally selected that is if you actually study there as you caim .waec is both by ghanian ,liberians ,gambia and student from SARO

I am not here to start proving to you if I studied or lived in Canada. Well if you care to know, I am a PR holder of Canada. I live and work in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I don't know if your daft or u just want to argue unnecessarily. I did not undergo an evaluation test. Evaluation test for what? What universities are primarily concerned are the grades u have in your ssce result. Universities in Abroad don't care whether u have Neco or Waec result. During the admission process they look out for grades in your result. For instance, someone with high grades in Neco will be first consider for admission to someone with lesser grade in Waec and vice versa. A lot of peeps are studying in various universities across the globe with their Neco, some even to masters level or PhD. You can't be in 9ja and writes things u don't know about. Y not make a call to any university abroad and inquire from them directly. For peeps that have Neco, feel free to apply for any university of your choice in abroad. Schools here gives everyone a level playing field regardless of whatever ssce result u have.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
Halifaxguy:

I am not here to start proving to you if I studied or lived in Canada. Well if you care to know, I am a PR holder of Canada. I live and work in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I don't know if your daft or u just want to argue unnecessarily. I did not undergo an evaluation test. Evaluation test for what? What universities are primarily concerned are the grades u have in your ssce result. Universities in Abroad don't care whether u have Neco or Waec result. During the admission process they look out for grades in your result. For instance, someone with high grades in Neco will be first consider for admission to someone with lesser grade in Waec and vice versa. A lot of peeps are studying in various universities across the globe with their Neco, some even to masters level or PhD. You can't be in 9ja and writes things u don't know about. Y not make a call to any university abroad and inquire from them directly. For peeps that have Neco, feel free to apply for any university of your choice in abroad. Schools here gives everyone a level playing field regardless of whatever ssce result u have.
to reply you is waste of time but i will still do it. my purporse of this thread is not to showcase where i am presntly or proud over what some people find it hard to get. am not in nigeria for your information . am presently in the state of bavaria . erding province(germany)i repeat i do not say neco is not accepted. i only mentined that holding waec is better of than neco becuse it has international presence.

i have given you a work to do. why did university of ghana refuse to accept neco result within the last 10years or more of neco existence.

university are very much intrested in the body that award your qualification. SAT is a known body in the usa likewise weac in w africa. why do you think people are enrolling their ward for cambridge exams?
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 3:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
Bobstash:
Dear Op, there's this argument I've had with a friend and my stand is that chances are slim to non about it, vice versa is my friends stand.
The argument? Well, is it possible one could study masters abroad, Canada, Germany, Russia etcetera using a post-graduate diploma certificate alongside a 3rd class first degree certificate?
yes it is possible. especially if you have a good grade with your postgraduate transcript. try less popular uni instead of the ones with big name. you may also enroll for level 7 ncc education program. it is a 9 month course. you can directly use it with your third class degree in more than 20 universities in the uk
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by kskpoundz(m): 3:35pm On Apr 20, 2017
vaxx:
your neco result might face a little difficult task .it might be subject to evaluation. likewise national diploma. take for instance most countries has scrapped this nd and hnd qualification. although some are still into it like ghana and nigeria. in ghana you get your HND within three years instead of four years in nigeria and nothing like ND in ghana system. so your ND result is likely to be evalute.

pls have sent u a request to send u a mail for more info. pls I will be waiting for your reply
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ojimba1:
I hear some people calling Ghana and Niger

are these countries Abroad ?
so funny even benin is abroad. so far it is not nigeria.well i use to have the same issue before.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 3:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
kskpoundz:

pls have sent u a request to send u a mail for more info. pls I will be waiting for your reply
ok i will
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by airbonee03: 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
papae1:
Nice one Op.
Meanwhile, I think I just achieved a feat by becoming first to comment
angry grin

Turn Your Website Into a thriving Supermarket. Get A Premium E-commerce Website

If your business is not online in 2017, you would be swimming against the current.

With increasing need to tap from online opportunities, every businessman or woman is looking to have an online store where he or sell can sell their range of products and services.

According to PayPal, "Nigeria is the 3rd highest mobile shopper worldwide - only after China & India!"

That's massively huge because "Nigerian online shoppers have realized the world is their shopping mall and shop wherever and whenever using their mobile devices because they are generally sophisticated mobile users and this sophistication is aiding small businesses".

That is why your E-commerce Website development can’t afford to be handled by 'Web-Quacks’

What we will deploy for your E-commerce website:

• User-friendly interface
• Add, edit & delete products
• Create product categories & sub-categories
• Control item quantities & stock
• Hold sales & display featured items
• Cross sell by displaying related products
• Powerful catalogue search options
• Account Registration & Login
• Password protection of any page
• Search engine compatibility
• Inventory tracking and reporting
• Securely sell documents and software
• Accept credit cards
• Real-time shipping calculations
• View Order Status
• Multiple Shipping Options
• One year web hosting & domain name registration
• Unlimited email addresses
• SEO friendly web pages
• Free technical support for one month
• Free Online Marketing Campaign for 1 week
• Digital Media Marketing Consultancy
• DIY Image upload tutorials
• DIY blog training‎ FREE
• Banner designs created for your use for online Media Campaign

Plus much more

Get PREMIUM E-commerce Website for less than N100k Completed with Secured Online Payment Gateway Integration… We don’t just build a store, we build your business:

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Ay92(m): 3:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
I'm processing my Master's degree in the US but I used two WAEC sittings to gain admission for my first degree,and I also graduated with second class lower, can this affect my admission for the Master's?
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ay92:
I'm processing my Master's degree in the US but I used two WAEC sittings to gain admission for my first degree,and I also graduated with second class lower, can this affect my admission for the Master's?
you been a foreign student might pave a smooth way for you becuse you will pay more . i will advice you to apply to less popular uni in the usa like wichita state uni , franklin uni and likes. but under normal circumstances you are free.

1 Like

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by kayjegs: 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
Hello and how are you doing today?

Have you heard about the Travel abroad app. This is a mobile android app which gives you information you need to know about travelling abroad for schooling or to settle down.

What you stand to gain with Travel abroad app:

Users will get information about tuition-free schooling in Germany for postgraduate and undergraduate studies. And also users will know schools that could do some undergraduate courses in English.

Users will get information about South Korea and the schools to apply to in South Korea. How to get assured admissions.

Users will get information about schools in Canada where you can apply for graduate and undergraduate studies. Many of the affordable and high admission rate schools in Canada are in this app.

Users will get information about schools to apply to in Norway which are mostly tuition free.

Users will get information on Canada express entry programme, Australian immigration programme and how to go about applying for permanent residency.

Users will be inundated with new information about scholarships and other opportunities that they can easily apply for.

Users are notfied of changes in Governmental policies abroad. For example, users can get first hand information about the Canadian express entry draw updates, provincial nominee programmes etc.

Users can also get help from me by asking questions directly about anything regarding to travelling out.

I have been a member of nairaland since 2009 and I have contributed immensely to many threads on travel in Nairaland plus I have advised a lot of people who are abroad today. Don't waste time on paying astronomical fees to consultants, get this app today.

Visit to download app: www.kayjegs.com/index.php/app-download

Visit our facebook page for more details: https://www.facebook.com/Travel-Abroad-App-304741743256898/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

Have a great day
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Bolutumiii(m): 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
Op, can one study a relevant science course abroad with last credit in all the science subjects
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by kayjegs: 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
Not all universities accept NECO even in Canada. But that does not mean you can't try it with it. Let nothing whatsoever hold you back. Also check school's requirement yourself on their website. At worst, just send an email to them to inquire. It is that simple. For those who need comprehensive info about schooling abroad, getting scholarships and advice, check my post above. Get the mobile app and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 4:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
Bolutumiii:
Op, can one study a relevant science course abroad with last credit in all the science subjects
please what do you mean by last credit. i cant answer your question if i dont understand it.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 4:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
kayjegs:
Not all universities accept NECO even in Canada. But that does not mean you can't try it with it. Let nothing whatsoever hold you back. Also check school's requirement yourself on their website. At worst, just send an email to them to inquire. It is that simple. For those who need comprehensive info about schooling abroad, getting scholarships and advice, check my post above. Get the mobile app and see for yourself.
am glad you are inform about the limited power of neco result. i will try your apps
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by uvalued(m): 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
vaxx:
1 contact the country embassey where the university is located. ask them relevant questions ? at times the embassey may request for an official letter for that purpose and a little amount of cash. pls do it .it worth it.

2 consult ministry of education in abuja . at times school may be accredited in her country but unfit for nigeria education standard. mary abacha uni in niger is a typical example. this might also cost you. do it. it is better

3 ensure the institution program is accredited by relevant authourity where the school is located. make the use of website to checj on agency responsible for validating schools programs. eg in the germany FIBAA is the only responsible agent to vaiidate business course.

lastly. make sure , you document are valid (i.e)waec ,passport and other traveling document are intact and free of fraud. this might be an obstacle for you to proceed into nysc after you complet your degree if there isa little suspect of fraud, ASK ME ANY QUESTION ABOUT STUDY ABROAD

quoted to recall later
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by enigmatic16(f): 5:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
golddust6000:
free tuition in sweden? Say the truth and say what you know.

A frnd told me bout it, gave me list of countries wiv scholarships n free tuition, vent looked it up yet tho, sweeden was among dem, my main focus was on germany.

1 Like

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by golddust6000(m): 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
enigmatic16:

A frnd told me bout it, gave me list of countries wiv scholarships n free tuition, vent looked it up yet tho, sweeden was among dem, my main focus was on germany.
only germany and norway has free tuition. Sweden university fee are among the most expensive in the world
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Ay92(m): 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
vaxx:
you as a foreign student might pave a smooth way for you becuse you will pay more . i will advice you to apply to less popular uni in the usa like wichita state uni , franklin uni and likes. but under normal circumstances you are free.
Thanks
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by ochendo809(m): 9:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
please sir am done with my B. sc what's the next step in securing master scholarship. my number is 07062706435 Thanks.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by osic(m): 10:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
Do you think someone with a second class lower from an open university in Nigeria can study in Norway for masters
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 10:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
osic:
Do you think someone with a second class lower from an open university in Nigeria can study in Norway for masters
you can . it does not affect you. check with the university of your choice.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
golddust6000:
how much is your budget? I am abassador to higher education in eastern europe, i based in europe, i will help you get admission before paying any money to the school.
07035414803 I need that info pls
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by golddust6000(m): 5:41am On Apr 21, 2017
shedybaba44:
07035414803 I need that info pls
send me a private message, golddust6000@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Bolutumiii(m): 7:36am On Apr 21, 2017
please what do you mean by last credit. i cant answer your question if i dont understand it.

Op, I mean C6 nd the relevant science courses dat I mean include the likes of medicine, pharmacy e.t.c
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 7:42am On Apr 21, 2017
Bolutumiii:

Op, I mean C6 nd the relevant science courses dat I mean include the likes of medicine, pharmacy e.t.c
yes you can. but do not focus on western uni try eastern europe or india
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Rapahel1116: 9:45am On Apr 21, 2017
Dis ur app get as e be brother ....na money dem de use buy am no b to download again?........ I want to run for an undergraduate course in Europe or america with 4millioj naira wat country would b advisable...countries where u can easily get employed after doing well...Nd u can easily find a part time job as an Intl student?.
kayjegs:
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by kayjegs: 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Dis ur app get as e be brother ....na money dem de use buy am no b to download again?........ I want to run for an undergraduate course in Europe or america with 4millioj naira wat country would b advisable...countries where u can easily get employed after doing well...Nd u can easily find a part time job as an Intl student?.

It is not free. Because there are some free after service after getting the app. Will always be available to assist with advice after buying the app. The worth of the app is more than 500K that people give to agents who haven't stepped out of the shores of Nigeria. I'm in Canada right now and I have studied a little bit in Germany before. But come to think of it, you have 4M and you won't download a 1K mobile app...lol. With 4 million naira, you will be able to get schools in Germany and Canada. Though, Germany might be preferable if you go to a tuition free school and you use the 4 million for the 8,200 euro blocked account that enables you to get a visa. And the 8,200 euros can be used for your upkeep for a year in Germany. As for Canada, the 4M might just be enough to pay your tuition but you will have to get extra for your upkeep. In both countries, you will get a part time job as an International student. There are pros and cons. Part time job might be challenging in Germany if you can't speak the language. Whereas in Canada, it is easier because you can speak English.

1 Like

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by toskarh(m): 10:07am On Jun 27, 2017
Good day
I wrote my waec in 2014 with six distinctions(A and B) and ive wanted to study out of Nigeria though i wrote this year Jamb and I had above 250 I want someone to please direct me on how to go about it and also an institution with scholarship I can apply for or if there's a means of working while I'm there to make up
Thanks
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Amakyzuu: 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
I sent u a personal message... pls reply me... thanks
Halifaxguy:

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by gidjah(m): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
enigmatic16:

Happy BIRTH Day To the Enigmatic one.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by bosslady126: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2019
Halifaxguy:

Please stop this misconception about Neco result. Neco is widely accepted in abroad. I am a graduate of university of Manitoba, and I was offered admission with my Neco result. To the best of my knowledge, Neco is accepted in all Canadian universities and colleges. I also used the same result to gained admissions in two universities in Canada ( University of Calgary and Memorial University of Newfoundland). I have lots of folks schooling in some universities in the US, who used their Neco results to gained admission. And for your information, I was not subjected to another evaluation test as u claimed. I just want to clear this misconception, before lots of folks will be misled. Both Neco and Waec is recognized and accepted in abroad. Shikena!

Please sir, I need your help on this
I want to study in Canada (for 2 years, Diploma/associate degree)
I have nabteb since that's what I use for my ND program here in naija
I want to know if I can try my luck if any college can accept it thanks..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) / UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.